• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Blaze (iOS/Android) |OT| Looks Like Vanillaware, Tastes Like F2P

garath

Combined for my second SS. Ranger :( I guess it could be worse. I now have a mage and ranger SS.

Takes so long to build up and combine to get them. Was really hoping for a tank or healer.

mid83

Any tips for new players? I always seem to avoid these games out of fear I'll screw myself in terms of team building (essentially wasting what I get for free) with paying real $$ being the only way to fix things.

Vitanimus

Any tips for new players? I always seem to avoid these games out of fear I'll screw myself in terms of team building (essentially wasting what I get for free) with paying real $$ being the only way to fix things.

don't spend the masses of rubies you get in the beginning of the game on equipment draws. you'll get better weapons in raids that you unlock later on. besides that, not really. the english version is still in its infancy so there's isn't an ally tier list or anything. keep around a priest, especially if it has AoE heal and/or revive.

Save rubies for Item use expansion and character pulls

Make sure to rack up a bunch of friends to score lots of friend points for Fooder allies to sacrifice for enhancing

My current system is to build up all my A characters with fodder. Use C's first since they increase the chance of success if they fail. Then use a b if its guaranteed.

Do your dailies and weekly quest. Try to max out rapport on each enemy type for bonus rubies.

Once you get a solid team of S and A's you can challenge the arena and Labrynth. Try to get the highest rank you can before redeeming for the rewards since you can only do it once a week.

HAVE FUN!

sensui-tomo

Once you get a solid team of S and A's you can challenge the arena and Labrynth. Try to get the highest rank you can before redeeming for the rewards since you can only do it once a week.

HAVE FUN!

A problem there, they have dates they reset on, you redeem them on said dates, Arena is tuesday, lab is thursday, and guild is monday but we have no idea how that works as of the moment.

Dreavus

Combined for my second SS. Ranger :( I guess it could be worse. I now have a mage and ranger SS.

Takes so long to build up and combine to get them. Was really hoping for a tank or healer.

I'm curious how you went about this. Did you throw C/B ranks at them until one stuck? I feel like it eats all my money to max enhance an A rank, let alone an S rank. C's have got to be even more useless for enhancing S's if the pattern continues (What is it, 12% chance?)

garath

I'm curious how you went about this. Did you throw C/B ranks at them until one stuck? I feel like it eats all my money to max enhance an A rank, let alone an S rank. C's have got to be even more useless for enhancing S's if the pattern continues (What is it, 12% chance?)

I have a good stable of S and A ranks thanks to about 600 rubies worth of pulls. What I do is when the enhances are cheap I just throw B and C ranks at the S until they get to +2. After that I use a single max rapport (for the rubies) A rank. If that fails I use B and C with the enhance bonus. On that last rank that costs 7k I don't mind using a second A if I have to. I only combined A into S once. Its time consuming and expensive.

I have a good stable of S and A ranks thanks to about 600 rubies worth of pulls. What I do is when the enhances are cheap I just throw B and C ranks at the S until they get to +2. After that I use a single max rapport (for the rubies) A rank. If that fails I use B and C with the enhance bonus. On that last rank that costs 7k I don't mind using a second A if I have to. I only combined A into S once. Its time consuming and expensive.

You could burn B's and C's till the bonus is high enough to guaratee it with an A

It is time consuming to max out A's but there is a balance there. Since you get mountains of B's and C's I like to upgrade A's since they are more likely to succeed so the junk allies go farther. I get that its expensive but not too bad.

This way I end up with tons of S's easily. Then when my S count is high enough I know that Ill have a guaranteed SS without having to lose any core members of my team...

This wont scale up to SSS though. Ill cross that bridge when I get there :/

Dreavus

Thanks. I think I'll just sit on the ruby pile until I can pull a lot at once (I made the mistake of initiating 2 separate pulls while not taking much advantage of the discount for continuous ones). I may have overdone it with the inventory space a little bit so I haven't got much at the moment. I've only got 6 S ranks and around 4 A ranks.

I also want to join the GAF guild, but it won't even show on search, nor do any of the GAFers I tried to add (I matched lower/uppercase in both cases). I'm assuming this is because I'm Euro (Spanish)? Is there an Euro GAF guild?

Ugh, this looks immensely cool but I'm already playing two or three "daily" iPad games.

Well, I'll probably slow down with Terra Battle now that I got Zael and Calista, and FFRK almost plays itself.

What do?

This plays itself even more than FFRK, so there's that. Autobattle switch stays on AND it makes your character use skills (which are cooldown based) as well as attacking which is automatic anyway, while all your other characters are on full auto (including skills) all the time. Of course you still want to manually use skills and summon allies for optimal play, but it's much, much more efficient than FFRK.

draw4wild

A lot changes once you get to hard mode too. In normal you get mostly Cs and an occasional B at the end of a stage. In hard I get an even mix of Bs and Cs with the occasional A. I like to throw one A into an S to start then Cs will be at a 25% chance after

Ryhian

Anyone have any tips on best 'costume' to buy with rubies for a rogue? At level 25 currently and spent a bit on pulls. Have all S ranks currently in party. Not sure if I should go appearance, weapon appearance, or cloak first (not thinking cloak is worth it early on). I'm leaning towards weapons but not sure if atk speed, crit dmg, or max atk would be the best.

Managed to combine from a C unit to an S unit, but fuck what timely and expensive process.

I can already tell combining S to SS will be no joke.

JigsawX

Got lucky with my SS rolls and fusions. Have full part of Healer / Tank/ Ranger DPS and Warrior DPS. Working on getting them all max enhance is rough though. Looks like time to grind labyrinth for a while.

Excellent game! Just started with an Archer. My name for friend requests and referrals is: VicViper.

Edit: Looks likely character name is needed and not my account name. Character name is XDeedlitX.

CTLance

Man, this game hates my guts. I've been raiding like a madman since level 10 or so, and not once have I gotten a single S class mage weapon for my Mage. My inventory and storage bursts with all manner of other epic loot, but the highest I ever got was one violet rod with +STR or something equally idiotic at level 17 IIRC.

I'm at level 29 now. I'm still using a blue rod of shittyness. Argh.

Also not a single SS draw, but at least that one is normal for me in these kind of games.

That said, my S class group heal revive healer that I got from one of my seven A class fusions rocks and has saved my bacon on more than one occasion.

Sword Familiar

178% of NeoGAF posters don't understand statistics
High level priest friend plus your single healer. Don't use the friend until the second phase of the final boss.

I don't think you can use friends in that phase. At least I couldn't.

Edit:

I didn't have any healers for the final boss. Just bought a 30% all heal scroll.

Kitoro

Man, this game hates my guts. I've been raiding like a madman since level 10 or so, and not once have I gotten a single S class mage weapon for my Mage. My inventory and storage bursts with all manner of other epic loot, but the highest I ever got was one violet rod with +STR or something equally idiotic at level 17 IIRC.

I'm at level 29 now. I'm still using a blue rod of shittyness. Argh.

Also not a single SS draw, but at least that one is normal for me in these kind of games.

That said, my S class group heal revive healer that I got from one of my seven A class fusions rocks and has saved my bacon on more than one occasion.

Huge tip: don't obsess over loot until you're level 50. Raid casually and enjoy whatever applicable loot you get with your character and allies, but you're going to outlevel the gear every few levels, and it's not worth keeping current if your gear is at least blue or better and within 10 levels of your character.

Second tip: If you don't have a use for your loot right now, equip it on yourself or allies if it's useful, otherwise use it to enhance current gear or vendor it for gold.

I'm level 50 now, and I never bought a single space of extra inventory or storage, nor have I ever had storage problems, because I either equip, enhance, or vendor all my equipment every time my inventory space fills.

I hope this helps!

Kitoro

Same. my party is level 20 and I can get the the second part at a push before I'm completely wiped.

Whoa, I'm surprised you were even able to make it that far at 20! I was level 29 with an all S team when I was where you are.

I'd recommend doing some rapport farming with your character, two of your best allies, and 2 slots reserved for leveling rapport to 100 for all unit types that you have until you hit 29, and use all your rubies for rate pulls so that you may work your way up to an all S or greater team.

garath

Been stuck on the second to last stage of the fortress for three days. Even bringing in level 40 allies isn't enough.

Two tips:

- buy a second inventory slot and bring a scroll of revive and a scroll of HP
- go with a double healer party. I had an S rank group heal and an A rank single target heal and I mostly coasted through

sensui-tomo

Same. my party is level 20 and I can get the the second part at a push before I'm completely wiped.

Okay, your issue is that you're completely under-leveled, the stage says 25-30, try to get in that range. Grats that you got that far with being under leveled like that.

draw4wild

I've reached the point where I can auto fight labyrinth for 4-5k. I've been spending all my tickets on that while I just watch TV. I don't do much better if I actually play, it all just depends if they focus target my healer early on or not

I still haven't done my big summon fest yet, sitting on over 1k gems. Idk what I'm waiting for

I've reached the point where I can auto fight labyrinth for 4-5k. I've been spending all my tickets on that while I just watch TV. I don't do much better if I actually play, it all just depends if they focus target my healer early on or not

I still haven't done my big summon fest yet, sitting on over 1k gems. Idk what I'm waiting for

have you bought any IAP only (visual) armor for your main character yet? only 109 gems and you can get some nice stat boosts from it.

garath

Get a second active item slot at a minimum. I'm staying above 300 rubies myself. Using the rest for summons. Its been a big help getting a team of SS

draw4wild

have you bought any IAP only (visual) armor for your main character yet? only 109 gems and you can get some nice stat boosts from it.

I havent done that yet, only 1 of the item pouches, 1 of the inventory rows, and 5 summons early on. I tend to be very patient with these games so I plan to just get the arena costume set over the next 6 weeks since theres nothing else to spend arena points on. Plus I like the arena costume look more than the gem costumes for rogue.

I think I'm used to waiting for a rate up/godfest event in gacha games and I doubt one will happen this early in the games life cycle, if they happen at all.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz

I can't even get through the third group of enemies in the Labyrinth yet.

You guys are too far ahead :~

sensui-tomo

I cant get past the gold 4 pack of treasure chest monsters.(i think thats round 9 or 10) However if i had another item slot I could do it, I only got one at the moment, i just need the second one for revival/30 heal scroll.

Sword Familiar

I cant get past the gold 4 pack of treasure chest monsters.(i think thats round 9 or 10) However if i had another item slot I could do it, I only got one at the moment, i just need the second one for revival/30 heal scroll.

Yeah, that's where I end up dying as well. Don't think using scrolls is all that economic, unless you're sure you'll get a higher tier score in the rankings.

draw4wild

I think I beat the golden mimics once and that's because there were no wand mimics. Wand mimics pretty much one shot all of my non tanks with magic balls

Sword Familiar

Yeah, I hate the magic balls. I always aim a fireball or sheepify the chests that use them, but I'm not always fast enough to do so. The golden group just destroys me though.

garath

Its really not worth using items on the labyrinth. As you level and get stronger you'll get deeper without effort.

sensui-tomo

well i look at using items in the lab as this way, If i get a high rank, which at the moment i'm at under 4% which means 80 rubies(or whatever)... if i could get farther with items, wouldnt that be beneficial? But getting stronger seems to be the best way*

RalchAC

Mmmm... I've decided to give this a try and I have a couple of questions.

- Is there any EU GAF guild? I read a few pages back there is a US based one but nothing about Europe.
- For combining units I need to get both to MAX level and then raise the affinity stat (I don't know the name in English) to 100, right? Does that mean I'll have to use the unit?

Sword Familiar

well i look at using items in the lab as this way, If i get a high rank, which at the moment i'm at under 4% which means 80 rubies(or whatever)... if i could get farther with items, wouldnt that be beneficial? But getting stronger seems to be the best way*

Yeah, but it depends on how much further you need to get to reach the next tier. You might win that stage, but get destroyed in the next, and still be in the same %-tier.

Mmmm... I've decided to give this a try and I have a couple of questions.

- Is there any EU GAF guild? I read a few pages back there is a US based one but nothing about Europe.

I don't think there is one yet. I don't know how many of us are in the EU either, so it's hard to know if it's worth starting one or not. They're pretty expensive to start (500k gold), too, so that might be why there isn't one.

- For combining units I need to get both to MAX level and then raise the affinity stat (I don't know the name in English) to 100, right? Does that mean I'll have to use the unit?

Yes, you need to fight until your rapport is 100 with both units and they need to eat other units to gain in rank until it says "max". Max "level" is not necessary, only max enhance level.

This game seems fun. Should I just reroll for a SS?

Edit: Maybe I'll buy that €100,- guaranteed SS bundle, seems like good value for money lol.

draw4wild

This game seems fun. Should I just reroll for a SS?
I rerolled about 20 times and never saw an SS. So that's 100 pulls since it was 5 each time. I would suggest rerolling just until you get one or 2 useful S ranks in the initial pulls. If you can get an S rank tank wth taunt or a priest with group heal id say that is good enough

Top Bottom