• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D Remake Releases November 14, 2024

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
That font for the dialog window is a bit horrendous lol, hope we can mod it like in the FF pixel remasters.

sigmaZ

Koichi Sugiyama did the music. Interestingly, it seems he agreed with you about orchestrated DQ music during gameplay--he was fairly infamous for preferring synth music in the games, and live music during concerts.

Can't say I'm in the same boat though, I think the orchestrations are gorgeous renditions during gameplay even if I already own these versions on CD.
This is why I never cared much for the music in Dragon Quest outside the more videogamey songs. Synth and orchestration operate too much off of different parameters.
Unfortunately I played through DQ11 with the midi and it slightly hindered the experience.

Rran

This is why I never cared much for the music in Dragon Quest outside the more videogamey songs. Synth and orchestration operate too much off of different parameters.
Unfortunately I played through DQ11 with the midi and it slightly hindered the experience.
For me it's about matching the art style. I'm currently playing DQ11 in 2D mode with the synth on and it works nicely. But playing it in the realistically-rendered 3D mode with the same songs just feels tonally off. The high-fidelity visuals beg for a similarly rich sound for the music.

Dear God, every time I see more this just looks so fcking good. My big holiday game this year, for sure. Once I beat Mario & Luigi. Probably will get it on Xbox for 4K/60fps and achievements.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
That font for the dialog window is a bit horrendous lol, hope we can mod it like in the FF pixel remasters.
I second this. I'm farsighted and have to drop games with font that small when playing on a Switch in handheld mode because it's too much of a bother trying to read. Hopefully it can be made big.
One of the first things you learn as a designer/programmer is that you must scale fonts independent of the screen size because you are probably designing for 1080p or 4k and fonts will get this small.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
DQ3 HD-2D is now Steam Deck Verified.

More deets via steamdeckhq:
Earlier today, Dragon Quest 3 officially got the green checkmark, marking Valve's approval of the game running on the Steam Deck. The system isn't perfect, though, and it isn't one I tend to look at for a guaranteed release. Luckily, we do have the spec requirements for the game out now, and these are definitely playable on the Steam Deck!

Screenshot 2024 09 09 at 13 33 48 Pre purchase DRAGON QUEST III HD 2D Remake on Steam

All of these requirements are well within a playable experience on the Steam Deck, and I would argue that the Recommended specs are as well! The NVIDIA GTX 1060 is pushing it, but this is benchmarking for 1920x1080 resolution, which is well above what we would be using on the Deck. I would say playing this game at 800p with mostly high settings and hitting 60 FPS may be possible, but I think the Highest setting at 45 FPS will be a great medium for battery life and stability.

Either way, I can't wait for the release, and a huge congratulations to Square Enix for getting the green checkmark!

Top Bottom