• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest creator Yuji Hori is directly blaming American influence for both DQ3 Remake censorship and the change of Male/Female to Type 1/ Type 2

How do we combat this? We can’t let them influence game developers with their weird agenda
1) Don't buy shitty games
2) Tell other people about it that have better things to do than lurk on GAF
3) Create or support websites that inform about this stuff going on
4) Post reviews on platforms like Steam that discuss it
5) Put pressure on politicians, publisher and so on

The left took it away from us by using these bully tactics, we can take it back by feeding them their own medicine.

skneogaf

wB423FW.jpeg

GHound

That especially makes me mad

I hope that the Anime and Japanese Gaming Companies that listen to these Blue Hair Crazies ends up losing lot of money so that it's gives them an example of what not to do when making a game/anime. This stuff has gotten so ridiculous
If there's one thing I've learned from these retards it's that there's always another group of people to ruin shit for us. Not that it's even just one group right now. You have social media slacktivists*, lolcalizers*, game journos*, payment processors, and even the platform holders themselves all trying out for my new favorite reality TV series "Who Wants to Be the Biggest Dickhead?"

*Varying degrees of overlap here.

Last edited:

Renoir

they need to bring back region locks...
have the censored game with easy modes, accessibility, modern translation for US, and those of us who want the directors real vision can the JPN vers.

Lusal

Neo Member
Not surprising. There's a very specific subset of people that are all too eager to buy into this disingenuous messaging.

Identity wars, culture wars and sowing division is a full time job for several bad actors.

clem84

Gold Member

It felt suspicious that there would be such a negative tone for a product that’s yet to be released.
In that case, I would really like to see an accurate translation from well intentioned people.

YukiOnna

It felt suspicious that there would be such a negative tone for a product that’s yet to be released.
People already pointed out the mistranslation with that example they gave. Do they have any other examples or an accurate subtitling?

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Yeah, I don't buy the notice. All that was listed was one mistranslation claim that was pointed out prior and they did not seem to mention any other. That one word does not change the core message at all nor negate Horii's words. People were directly linking the stream as a source and there was zero reason to take the VOD down for just that so it's likely Square pushing it.

The subtitles are not perfect but they are far more accurate than they are inaccurate. That said, it sounds like some discussions surrounding the video go beyond what was said in the video itself, which can lead to misunderstandings regarding who said what when there is a language barrier involved. Either the people involved wanted to distance themselves from those discussions or the criticism of compliance was predictably forced to comply.

Rran

That "clarification" really only adds further confusion, since the one word they specifically clarified really doesn't change anything. And why the heck is it in Japanese if it's meant for US audiences to read??

Sad to see Ranma-chan's nips go though. Those things got me through my
late-30s.

Last edited:

Power Pro

Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

Oh for fuck sake...I just can't anymore. Starting to feel like this industry is beyond saving sometimes.

Top Bottom