• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart (GBA) -- anyone played it?

john tv

Picked it up today on the cheap at a local game store's going-out-of-business sale. Has anyone here played it? Can anyone give me some decent impressions?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Me and LEOsh both have it.
She finished it, i got into it a bit at the start then gave up.

She somes it up thus :

Great game, good graphics and excellent music - but it requires a lot of patiences. You have to breed and look after your monsters, sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't , then you have to look after food levels etc etc.

I keep meaning to go back to it personally as from what i played of it, i enjoyed it *until i had to deal with food*

ferricide

i have to wonder why squenix didn't put this out here. i thought the GBC ones did decently?

i guess it's a "what nintendo wants to publish" thing. i'd've rather had this and morimori instead of legend of mana, though. even though i wouldn't buy or play this. =)

god, Mori Mori is SOOOOOOoo much better than Legend of Mana. all us players got punked on that game.

Mana is Square's "let's make people cry" franchise, nowadays. Not that SaGa games are ever good, either, but no one's foolish enough to still hold out hope for those.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Mori Mori is just out and out fun from start to finish. I was gutted when everything was done.

I still didn't get that good at the football game though, it was just too hard. :)

MASB

ferricide said:
i have to wonder why squenix didn't put this out here. i thought the GBC ones did decently?

i guess it's a "what nintendo wants to publish" thing. i'd've rather had this and morimori instead of legend of mana, though. even though i wouldn't buy or play this. =)
A Japanese translator is studying the game to try to hack it for an English translation. Hopefully he can succeed since it seems that'll be the only way to play the game in English.

Soul4ger

JackFrost2012 said:
god, Mori Mori is SOOOOOOoo much better than Legend of Mana. all us players got punked on that game.

Mana is Square's "let's make people cry" franchise, nowadays. Not that SaGa games are ever good, either, but no one's foolish enough to still hold out hope for those.

Are you guys talking about Legend of Mana, or Sword of Mana? Sword of Mana is, by far, the worst in the series. BY FAR. I kinda like LoM, at least it had amazing music.

ferricide

Soul4ger said:
Are you guys talking about Legend of Mana, or Sword of Mana? Sword of Mana is, by far, the worst in the series. BY FAR. I kinda like LoM, at least it had amazing music.
i mean whichever the fuck mediocre one they put out on GBA. i have better things to do than get the title right! like curse squenix for passing on mori mori. GRR-BAH!

ferricide said:
i mean whichever the fuck mediocre one they put out on GBA. i have better things to do than get the title right! like curse squenix for passing on mori mori. GRR-BAH!

Yeah, Legend of Mana is just mediocre, but Sword of Mana is totally terrid.

Meanwhile, Slime Morimori is happiness in the palm of your hand!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Sword of Mana remains to this day the ONLY Game Boy game I have ever marched back to the store and demanded my money back for. Pure excrement that title was...

Only played the first couple dungeon areas of Slime Mori Mori on an emulator, but I concur at how phenomenal that hour or two of playtime was.

Top Bottom