• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

playing older games with a new GPU is one of the best things about PC gaming ☺️

RickMasters

It really is as long as you don’t mind spending the money. And have a decent CPU and Atleast 16GB of Ramon the first place.

Use

Answers 99% of questions and have fixes for almost everything as well.

Is it better to have solution that requires up to few minutes of ctrl+c, ctr+v from the user or don't have any solution at all other than paying for "hd remaster" (if there is any) like on consoles?
I'm not interested in the fuss and hassle of workarounds.

I'm not trying to be funny or ungrateful, it's just the truth. Here are some of my old PC games that no longer work on my modern PC

sv3ZGO8.jpg

I'm just not interested in going to hassle or making them work on my current PC. Thanks for the look out mind.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Word. My "monitor" is a 4k120hz OLED and playing older stuff absolutely cranked out to the max at 4k120 is just great.

Bojji

Applied the fixes and also changed the resolution to 4k. :)
Still at full screen mode, it's running at 25fps, but seems to be working okay with windows mode. Menu has some flickering issues, but so far so good.

Found another work around (found via Steam Community) to fix that full screen 25fps issue... I can run external program called ForceFix in the background - and now the game play at 4k full screen is pretty much locked at 60fps. But somehow, the cut scenes are like 80-90fps for whatever reason.

Never knew about PCGamingWiki - but thanks to you all, found a good site. :D All the installation guide seemed overwhelming, but once I just sat down and start reading how to do it, it made sense!

(Got my ass handed to that red-sword samurai on top of the train. It's my first playing, and oh boy. MGR is like Ninja Gaiden on offensive overdrive! Just how like it. Wish there was some z-lock feature for 1 on 1 fighting, unless I'm mistaken...)

This game was a fucking mess even at launch. PC ports of japanese games were on a different fucking planet some years ago, lol.

It's amazing that there are so many people that want to fix shit like that for free.

I'm not interested in the fuss and hassle of workarounds.

I'm not trying to be funny or ungrateful, it's just the truth. Here are some of my old PC games that no longer work on my modern PC

sv3ZGO8.jpg

I'm just not interested in going to hassle or making them work on my current PC. Thanks for the look out mind.

That's.... Your problem? I bet you can fix those games in few minutes using pcgamingwiki.

If some of them have some disc based DRM you can just use crack.

But if you don't want to do that no one will do it for you. Why complain when there fixes are out there?

Last edited:
This game was a fucking mess even at launch. PC ports of japanese games were on a different fucking planet some years ago, lol.

It's amazing that there are so many people that want to fix shit like that for free.

That's.... Your problem? I bet you can fix those games in few minutes using pcgamingwiki.

If some of them have some disc based DRM you can just use crack.

But if you don't want to do that no one will do it for you. Why complain when there fixes are out there?
I'm like being to put the game in the CD drive and play. I'm not interested in workarounds and the hassle of trying to get old PC games to work on a modern PC, It's not easy as some love to make out, trying to get my F1 collection working was a pain in the ass and where I just rather used my old Laptop PC to play them

37YU3qd.jpg

Last edited:

firewall0411

Neo Member
i just bought RTX 4090 and honestly it's like I'm rediscovering my game library. one game in particular, dayz, feels like a whole new experience. before the upgrade, the game ran fine, but now it's absolutely stunning! the textures are sharper, the lighting feels more immersive, and the frame rate is buttery smooth, even during intense moments. with everything maxed out, dayz’s post-apocalyptic world looks incredibly detailed.

i think this is one of the best things about pc gaming. you can revisit your favorite games and enjoy them in ways you never could before. if anyone's on the fence about upgrading their rig, trust me it’s worth it.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
You haven't reached gaming nirvana until you've hit that thirty minute mark in Vampire Survivors on a 4090, let me tell you what.

Top Bottom