• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Wukong is a complete game. The issue with DD2 is it just ends abruptly and you just feel like when it ends you only played half the game. I think the strong point of DD2 is exploration. If you've played Dark Arisen it'll feel like they gutted what made the first game great. And there is no postgame to keep you playing.

I think is alright but it just doesn't compare to it's predecessor.

People are being harsh, it’s not as good as its predecessor but it’s still a good game. I enjoyed both. If you really crave that souls like formula then Black Myth might be your best bet.

I'm still in Wukong honeymoon but I'd still say DD2. Love it. I'm a medieval game fanboy though.

Thank you everyone for the input. I’m a big medieval fanboy as well, and not really in the mood for a souls like.
A big world to get lost in sounds enticing.

I’ve heard Wukong is similar to God of War which is a good thing.

edit: Went with Wukong

Last edited:
I'm still hoping Capcom brings it with another Bitterblack Isle-tier dlc. I want it as much as I want a Bloodborne remaster or PC port. :messenger_crying:
Intimidating Video Game GIF by CAPCOM

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
With Itsuno leaving Capcom, what is the chance we can still have DLCs/expansion?
Either his departure meant that it's near or at completion or it was scrapped entirely.

Capcom acted like DD2 sales meant they would have more interest in using the IP more frequently so I'd like to say DLC maybe.

Unless Capcom is primarily a Resident Evil, Street Fighter and Monster Hunter company now.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Unless Capcom is primarily a Resident Evil, Street Fighter and Monster Hunter company now.
They recently released brand new IP, Capcom does make new games time to time but I’m also glad they still support games like Ace Attorney and Monster Hunter series.

Last edited:
With Itsuno leaving Capcom, what is the chance we can still have DLCs/expansion?
Still high. They made a survey asking about DLC content in the first week of the game's launch. Unbeknownst to the larger fanbase, who directed both Dark Arisen DLC and Dragon's Dogma Online was Kento Kinoshita. He did a better job than Itsuno to bring innovation to the base game in DDDA, and DDON had deeper RPG systems for it's MMO nature.

In DD2 he was the lead game design, meaning that even with Itsuno's departure the IP should be in good hands. Capcom themselves said they consider Dragon's Dogma a core IP after the reveal of DD2 sales.

They're probably working on the DLC as we speak.

Last edited:

GinSama

I'm surprised they didn't tease anything yet. I don't know how is the player count, but im pretty sure they could do something to bring new players....

In fact I even forgot about the game since I'm waiting for a dlc or something....

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm surprised they didn't tease anything yet. I don't know how is the player count, but im pretty sure they could do something to bring new players....

In fact I even forgot about the game since I'm waiting for a dlc or something....
Maybe make the vocations better and add all the missing bosses and enemy types, maybe some postgame, maybe some loot that isn't available at a vendor like most gear is.

Maybe let Sorcerer equip 6 Spells instead of 3.

You can already make custom vocations and stuff with mods so I doubt they can do much that modders aren't already doing.

You forgot about the game because the world ultimately is hollow both in design and from a lore standpoint.

The Endgame was probably the most interesting thing about the game.

And we need some actual dungeons. Not just 50 caves.

Sanepar

What is the best approach on this game? just go by the main quest? I have no idea when is ideal to make a quest.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
This, as well as the overall lack of challenge, were the worst offenders for me. What were they thinking?
Heavily streamlined towards a more casual audience is what I imagine. Dragon's Dogma Online in terms of depth walks all over DD2.

Combat system IMO is very barebones and the NPCs outside of maybe Ulrika are very one note and forgettable. Ulrika is also forgettable mind you but she had more screentime.

Gear and weapons boil down to is it magic? Go Elf. Everything else? Dwarven. Then Dragonforge.

Ulrika could of probably been her own protagonist since most of her quest arc could mirror yours. And she was heavily featured in promo art and trailers.

A lot of the other notable NPCs were underutilized. Elf Boy, Elf Girl, Brothel Lady, Guard Captain, Beastren Queen, Dwarves(Only 2 exist? But why?)

The lack of challenge is very noticeable once geared up that anything challenging either dies too quick or any damage they can reasonably do is irrelevant.

Plus the 2nd half of the game was super rushed. And they act like the stakes are high but actually they are not. When farming a surplus of Wakestones and Allheal Elixirs are all you need. You never at any point feel like you are in danger with that in mind.

Game IMO probably should of stayed mostly the same at the "2nd half" but new areas opened up and the enemies should of been a healthy mix of tough as nails and will hit you like a truck.

The toughest enemies you will fight in this game is probably groups of Harpies.

In a way I think DD2 was just a benchmark for MH Wilds but also Capcom going overboard with it's rock textures from RE4R and wanted to use them in as many caves as possible.
-------

I really like DD2 but it doesn't meet the quality DD1 has. I clearly liked DD2 with my 145 hours I put into it. Guess I was hoping for a Dark Arisen 2.0.

Lastly I am still very much upset with how they gutted Sorcerer in DD2. The Epitome of bullshit.

Last edited:

Yerd

Ulrika could of probably been her own protagonist since most of her quest arc could mirror yours. And she was heavily featured in promo art and trailers.

Game IMO probably should of stayed mostly the same at the "2nd half" but new areas opened up and the enemies should of been a healthy mix of touch as hails and will hit you like a truck.

I would've used proper grammar here.

cap.jpg

Raven117

I like it. But it’s ultimately not as awesome as DD1. I’ll finish it up and move on.

Some design decisions are a bit irritating.

Last edited:
This, as well as the overall lack of challenge, were the worst offenders for me. What were they thinking?
Most def. The base game of 1 was significantly more difficult than anything in 2. I loved starting a new character in DD1, running into bandit ambushes early on, and being in for a grueling fight. That experience is never there in 2, except for maybe the first time you fight a Dullahan. Hopefully, the difficulty will be addressed if they make a dlc. I don't have any doubts they'll add a proper extensive dungeon(s) if they do. Bitterblack Isle was a single massive dungeon with story and lore that superseded anything in the base game.

What is the best approach on this game? just go by the main quest? I have no idea when is ideal to make a quest.
Exploration > Main/side quests. Eventually, you'll run into a place(s) where you need an item from a main quest to keep going. Take your time with the quests, the game is at its best during spontaneous world encounters against monsters when exploring. You could be fighting an Ogre and a Cyclops when suddenly a Griffin descends onto you mid-fight. Fun encounters.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Heavily streamlined towards a more casual audience is what I imagine. Dragon's Dogma Online in terms of depth walks all over DD2.

Combat system IMO is very barebones and the NPCs outside of maybe Ulrika are very one note and forgettable. Ulrika is also forgettable mind you but she had more screentime.

Gear and weapons boil down to is it magic? Go Elf. Everything else? Dwarven. Then Dragonforge.

A lot of the other notable NPCs were underutilized. Elf Boy, Elf Girl, Brothel Lady, Guard Captain, Beastren Queen, Dwarves(Only 2 exist? But why?)

The lack of challenge is very noticeable once geared up that anything challenging either dies too quick or any damage they can reasonably do is irrelevant.

Plus the 2nd half of the game was super rushed. And they act like the stakes are high but actually they are not. When farming a surplus of Wakestones and Allheal Elixirs are all you need. You never at any point feel like you are in danger with that in mind.

Game IMO probably should of stayed mostly the same at the "2nd half" but new areas opened up and the enemies should of been a healthy mix of touch as nails and will hit you like a truck.

The toughest enemies you will fight in this game is probably groups of Harpies.

In a way I think DD2 was just a benchmark for MH Wilds but also Capcom going overboard with it's rock textures from RE4R and wanted to use them in as many caves as possible.
-------

I really like DD2 but it doesn't meet the quality DD1 has. I clearly liked DD2 with my 145 hours I put into it. Guess I was hoping for a Dark Arisen 2.0.

Lastly I am still very much upset with how they gutted Sorcerer in DD2. The Epitome of bullshit.
Agree completely. Game feels like a husk of what it could have been, and it's a shame because imo the frame it's very good, with a nice world to explore (specially during the 1st half) and a great combat system.

One can only hope for a successfull DLC that gives Capcom the idea of making a DD3. Perhaps the series could revive under the hands of a different director.

dorkimoe

picked this up with doing No research but was craving this world after bg3. Pretty fucking fun so far, 3 questions though so far

1) am I meant to swap out pawns all the time? Cuz I keep running into pawns I can hire but I like the two I have lol. What should I be looking for if I am indeed supposed to replace?

2) as a rogue/thief do I have anyway to deal with birds) I struggle to fight the damn flying things

3) is there a target lock on console?

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
1) am I meant to swap out pawns all the time? Cuz I keep running into pawns I can hire but I like the two I have lol. What should I be looking for if I am indeed supposed to replace?
Yes, you are supposed to swap them every once in a while. You and your pawn gain exp and level up, but hired pawns don't do so so you'll have to swap them eventually.

About what to look for... I'd say having a mage in the party is mandatory, they all have a healing spell. Aside from that, whatever you feel like, game's about experimenting.

2) as a rogue/thief do I have anyway to deal with birds) I struggle to fight the damn flying things
There's a skill that lets you throw a cable and put the bird in the ground. Mane sure to get new vocation skills at the inn everytime your vocation level goes up. Having an archer in the party will also help against those pesky harpies.

3) is there a target lock on console?
Nope.

dorkimoe

Yes, you are supposed to swap them every once in a while. You and your pawn gain exp and level up, but hired pawns don't do so so you'll have to swap them eventually.

About what to look for... I'd say having a mage in the party is mandatory, they all have a healing spell. Aside from that, whatever you feel like, game's about experimenting.

There's a skill that lets you throw a cable and put the bird in the ground. Mane sure to get new vocation skills at the inn everytime your vocation level goes up. Having an archer in the party will also help against those pesky harpies.

Nope.
Lmao I literally haven’t gotten one skill and I think I’ve leveled up vocation 3 times. Shit.. thank you so much. I’ll lookin a beginner video

TintoConCasera

Lmao I literally haven’t gotten one skill and I think I’ve leveled up vocation 3 times. Shit.. thank you so much. I’ll lookin a beginner video
Haha no problem man. The game does a poor job of explaining that, it has happened to a lot of people.

Game becomes much more fun when you start getting skills for your vocation. Enjoy! Oh and don't forget to get some cool skills for your pawn too, having them properly set up is a good way of getting them hired.

dorkimoe

Haha no problem man. The game does a poor job of explaining that, it has happened to a lot of people.

Game becomes much more fun when you start getting skills for your vocation. Enjoy! Oh and don't forget to get some cool skills for your pawn too, having them properly set up is a good way of getting them hired.
How do I edit my pawn skills or level them up?

TintoConCasera

Looks like another performance update is on the way (probably related to PS5 Pro version improvements too). There was speculation that this would be DLC, but nope.
3cpmdjqjf3od1.png
Glad to see they haven't abandoned the game after Itsuno's departure. They mention all platforms so I guess this is more related to game's optimization rather than adapting it for the PS5Pro.

Also, it gives me hope for a DLC. :goog_relieved:

Looks like another performance update is on the way (probably related to PS5 Pro version improvements too). There was speculation that this would be DLC, but nope.
3cpmdjqjf3od1.png
They announcing fixes before the DLC is the right move or else people that are already sour on the poor launch would love to jump on the hate bandwagon the game received at and after launch. There is a chance DD2 makes an appearance at TGS or even the Sony showcase later this month.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
They announcing fixes before the DLC is the right move or else people that are already sour on the poor launch would love to jump on the hate bandwagon the game received at and after launch. There is a chance DD2 makes an appearance at TGS or even the Sony showcase later this month.
As long as the DLC doesn't stand for Downloadable Caves DD2 should do fine. I'm sure people will still bemoan that these fixes should of been made at launch instead of 6 months later.

All I really hope for is a return to form that stands on equal footing to Dark Arisen, the return of the Sorcerer's spell kit(we don't even have Ingle a basic Fireball) and please give us some actual dungeons and not just Cave 272.

Witchwoods, Cassardis Well, Bluemoon Tower, Everfall, The Catacombs, Shadow Fort, Soulflayer Canyon, and of course Dark Arisen's Bitter Black Isle mega dungeon.

Outside of Waterfall Cave, Worldsend Cavern you just have a bunch of Caves.

Stuff like Dragonsbreath Tower or Moonglint left much to be desired. As they are fairly straightforward.

I really hope the Seafloor Shrine is expanded on. Once you know what it is then you know what I mean.

SkylineRKR

This game offers something that others don't. Its full of flaws, but I loved it enough to beat it twice in a row. The weight to the characters and combat, the sheer Overpoweredness you can achieve, the banter with your pawns, the long travel distances... it all feels very good to me. I couldn't get enough. The combat just feels amazing. fighter shield dashes, Warrior charge strikes, Sorc high tier AoE spells, Perfectly timed archer volleys... everything feels good. And the game rewards you for changing classes. Change whenever you want, you will level up and gain unique passives you can use on all other builds. So, Constancy (higher knockdown resistance) from Sorcerer, will benefit your Warrior build and so fort.

I just loved everything about DD2, despite being disappointing in some choices too, mainly the amount of skills you can equip, the scaled back classes... the story delivery.. there are some issues for sure.

But I should return to DD2 and max out my leftover vocations, there is just nothing like it.

Pejo

Full patch notes are up: https://www.dragonsdogma.com/2/en-us/topics/update/

[PlayStation®5 / Xbox Series X|S / Steam]
◆ Added Features and Adjustments
Adding Casual Mode. *
  • Reduced inn fees for staying at an inn.
  • Reduced price of Ferrystones.
  • More difficult for weight carried to become "Heavy" or "Very Heavy."
  • Less Stamina expended when dashing outside of battle.
  • Loss gauge will not increase when selecting "Load from Last Save" after the Arisen dies.
  • Pawns will recover from dragonsplague without a "devastating calamity" occurring, even if the symptoms progress to a terminal stage.
Adding a Portcrystal to Bakbattahl.
Adding "Sovran's Crown," "Sovran's Plate," and "Sovran's Greaves" to the list of items that can be traded with the Dragonforged.
Adding variations to Pawns' idle animations.
Adding animations for when Pawns and the Arisen start dashing.
Adding animation for when the Arisen is riding on a larger enemy that is flying at high speeds.
Making it so that the Main Pawn can be revived an infinite number of times at Forgotten Riftstones.
Adding Polski (Polish) under Display Language in the Language section of the Options menu.
Further fixes to issues around CPU overload in certain situations. **
Reducing frequency of crashes.
◆ Adjustments to Vocations
Fighter
  • Increasing Strength for all weapons.
  • Reducing amount of time before stagger damage reactions can be canceled with "Defend."
  • Reducing charge time for "Tusk Toss." Also reducing timing during which the attack can be canceled while the user is unable to move after activation.
  • Increasing Strength and Knockdown Power for ""Riotous Fury"" and improving aiming ability on the target of the attack.
    Making it so that the lock-on adjusts itself to a different nearby target if the target initially locked on to is defeated mid-attack.
  • Increasing amount of time an enemy is downed after being knocked down by "Shield Bash." Also increasing Knockdown Power for "Shield Bash."
  • Increasing aiming ability of "Blink Strike" upon activation. Also adjusting to make it easier to hit locked-on targets with this skill.
  • Increasing Strength, expanding attack range, improving speed of initial activation animation, and adjusting timing of attack hits for "Compass Slash."
  • Increasing Strength and Knockdown Power and expanding attack range for "Airward Slash." Also intensifying damage reactions for smaller enemies hit by this skill.
  • Improving speed of the activation animation for "Gouging Skewer." Also adjusting movement correction for this skill to make it easier to hit the attack target.
Warrior
  • Extending input duration for "Chain of Blows."
  • Reducing timing during which "Barge" can be canceled while the user is unable to move after activation.
  • Increasing Strength for "Arc of Might."
  • Adjusting strike timing of "Savage Lash" and making it easier to hit larger enemies' weak points while they are downed.
Archer
  • Reducing charge time and increasing Strength and Knockdown Power for "Dire Arrow." Also extending timing during which a more powerful arrow can be loosed with this skill.
  • Increasing damage dealt by "Heavenly Shot" and reducing time taken for Stamina to start recovering after activation.
  • Increasing damage scaling for bow attacks. Also increasing damage scaling for attacks that hit enemy weak points.
  • Reducing weight of the items "Explosive Arrow," "Drenching Arrow," "Tarring Arrow," and "Blighting Arrow."
Mage
  • Increasing duration of the Silence debilitation inflicted by "Solemnity."
  • Increasing distance that flames unleashed by "Flagration" can reach.
  • Increasing number of times that clusters conjured with "High Palladium" to protect allies can block attacks before they disappear.
  • Increasing duration of the continuous Health recovery effect of "Argent Succor."
  • Increasing power of additional lightning bolts summoned with additional button presses when casting "Levin."
Thief
  • Changing Stamina consumed when using "Blades of the Pyre" from a fixed amount to an amount proportionate to the user's maximum Stamina.
Mystic Spearhand
  • Increasing Strength and Knockdown Power for "Seching Blade."
◆ Modifications and Fixes
Player
  • Fixing issue where, after readying and firing the magickal bow as the Magick Archer vocation, readying the bow again resulted in awkward camera movement.
  • Fixing issue where, when playing as the Warfarer vocation, redoing an enchantment and then using "Rearmament" resulted in the enchantment remaining even after its effect duration had ended.
  • Fixing issue where changes to Button Mapping settings weren't reflected for the Draw Bowstring control for ballistae.
  • Fixing issue where pressing "next" during a normal conversation caused the Arisen to perform an action at the same time.
  • Fixing issue where the Arisen couldn't be revived after falling in a river at certain points.
  • Fixing issue where the Arisen could clip through coffins and get stuck.
  • Fixing issue where walking caused Stamina to start recovering more quickly than standing still.
  • Fixing issue where falling into certain oxcarts with bonnets wouldn't trigger the nullified damage animation.
  • Fixing issue where the Arisen could fail to cling to a target when using "Gouging Skewer" from a height.
  • Fixing issue where the Arisen could become stuck while conjuring decoys as the Trickster vocation.
  • Fixing issues where the Arisen could become frozen in place.
  • Fixing issue where blocks of ice created by "Frigor" would float in mid-air.
Pawns
  • Fixing issue where dismissing Pawns inside the rift and then immediately accessing the Riftstone of Remembrance caused dismissed Pawns who were not in the rift to appear on the "Pawns in the Rift" list.
  • Fixing issue where Pawns of the Archer vocation would behave strangely when firing special arrows.
  • Fixing issue where actions could be canceled for Pawns with reduced Health.
  • Fixing issue where the Main Pawn's eyeshadow wasn't applied in the worlds of other Arisen who hired them.
  • Fixing issue where Pawns became immobile during the Talos battle.
  • Fixing issue where Pawns given the "Go!" command wouldn't gather items.
  • Fixing issue where Pawns of the Warrior vocation would cease attacking.
  • Fixing issue where Pawns launched into the air with "Springboard" couldn't climb walls that they should have been able to climb.
  • Fixing issue where using the "To me!" command after a Pawn offered guidance resulted in the Pawn not guiding the player correctly, even if the player used the "Go!" command.
  • Fixing issue where Pawns of the Mage vocation would unnaturally loop the same animation.
  • Fixing issue where "Maelstrom" spells cast by Pawns would diverge from the enemy's location.
  • Fixing issue where Pawns controlled by drakes would react with dialogue describing their fellow pawns being controlled.
  • Fixing issue where Pawns couldn't evade stout undead explosion attacks.
  • Fixing issue where Pawns wouldn't assist when the Arisen was possessed by a phantom.
  • Fixing issue in second and subsequent playthroughs, where Pawns would guide the Arisen to treasure chests that had already been opened.
  • Improving Pawn lines to better match circumstances.
NPCs
  • Fixing issue where Cliodhna would freeze in place after climbing a ladder.
  • Fixing display issues with Taliesin's hands.
  • Fixing issue where UI for switching between Pinpoint Volley and Rivet Shot was displayed when Cliodhna used "Conversion."
  • Fixing issue where Taliesin used dialogue that didn't match the situation after certain quests were completed.
Enemies
  • Fixing issue where using "Vimtaking Arrow" during "A Scholarly Pursuit" fulfilled the conditions for completing the quest during its initial phase.
  • Fixing issue where if a dullahan entered a body of water after it was defeated, it would teleport and become frozen in place in a standing position.
  • Fixing issue where liches' homing attacks ignored the Trickster's simulacrum and attacked other targets instead.
  • Fixing issue where the lesser dragon would cease to act during "Readvent of Calamity."
  • Fixing issue where some griffins would circle continuously around a fixed point.
  • Fixing issue where if a lich was defeated while resurrecting another monster, that monster would still be resurrected.
  • Fixing issue where rocks falling on a goreminotaur dealt an excessive amount of damage.
  • Fixing issue where having a Thief pin down a skeleton lord with a heavy attack prevented light attacks from hitting while the skeleton lord was pinned down.
  • Fixing display issues with some attack effects for lesser dragons.
  • Fixing issue where torches thrown by enemies would get stuck floating in mid-air.
  • Fixing issue where targets grabbed by a dullahan's grab attack would drop straight down.
  • Fixing issue where Thief enemies used "Bump and Lift" even though they are unable to steal items.
Quests
  • Fixing issue where Pawns would be loaded in as party members if the player selected "Load from Last Save" while exploring solo with Raghnall during "Tensions on the Highroad."
  • Fixing issue where Pawns followed the Arisen beyond the point where the party was supposed to be separated in "Tensions on the Highroad."
  • Fixing issue where, after defeating the cyclops in "Beren's Final Lesson," performing certain actions caused the defeated cyclops to resurrect.
  • Fixing issue where, if certain actions were performed during "Till Death Do Us Part," Gregor wouldn't go home even after being restored to life.
  • Fixing issue where Higgs's Tavern Stand wouldn't function as a shop under certain conditions.
Gimmicks
  • Fixing issue where coffins that enemies were supposed to come out of were open from the start.
  • Fixing issue where ballistae would clip through other objects when the base was rotated.
Equipment
  • Fixing issue where the armor values of cloaks weren't being applied.
  • Fixing issue where some leg armors stretched unnaturally.
Display
  • Fixing issue where a filter-like effect appeared on water surfaces after closing the Shop menu.
  • Fixing issue where distant shadows looked unnatural.
  • Fixing issue where some tattoos weren't displayed during cutscenes.
UI
  • Fixing issue where some text on the title screen wouldn't change to reflect updated language settings.
  • Fixing issue where skill preview videos weren't displayed on the Weapon Skills screen in vocation guilds under certain conditions.
  • Fixing issue where some text on images in the Quest menu wouldn't change to reflect updated language settings.
  • Fixing issue where the quest icon didn't indicate the correct location for Roman during "Steeled Resolve, Blazing Forge."
  • Fixing issue where message icons would disappear from the NPC Logbook in the History menu.
Sound
  • Fixing issue where using a Wakestone in battle caused the in-game music track to malfunction.
  • Fixing issue where riftstone sound effects would be quieter than usual after exiting a riftstone.
Other
  • Fixing issue where skipping certain cutscenes would result in a black screen.
  • Fixing issue where changing to certain hairstyles resulted in thinner hair on the top of the head.
  • Fixing areas where gathering points floated.
  • Fixing issue in Photo Mode where the Arisen's body remained onscreen, even if the Arisen display setting was set to "off."
[Steam]
Fixing issue where enabling DLSS FRAME GENERATION caused a temporary lag when exiting the Pause Menu.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Thank you everyone for the input. I’m a big medieval fanboy as well, and not really in the mood for a souls like.
A big world to get lost in sounds enticing.

I’ve heard Wukong is similar to God of War which is a good thing.

edit: Went with Wukong
You made the right choice, save d2 for when it's gonna be no more than 10-15 dollars tops.

Have the NPCs popping in and out of existence been fixed yet? Saw a quick performance comparison video for the patch, I'll download it later to see for myself. Hoping it's a bit more playable but will start a new game as I haven't touched this since the start of April.

Yerd

Wow that's a lot of stuff added. Wish I had the desire to test all the new stuff. I need DLC, to dive back in.

Thank you for the update, I'm not seeing any mention of performance updates in the patch notes...
Edit: on the site you added:
Frame rates in areas with a lot of NPCs, such as town centers, should be improved. In addition, turning the graphics settings to low should further improve frame rates. Players on Steam can achieve the same results from changing their graphics settings.
Can't wait to see testing of this patch, previous patch was already an improvement and this sounds good, waiting for a sale to get this on PS5 to finally kill those wolves!!!

Last edited:

Raven117

What level were you guys when yall first took on the dragon (not the post-game)?

Like the first one, there were some good ideas and great open world combat, but so much of the rest of it is tedious.

dDoc

The game started so well! I couldn't stop playing.

Lack of enemy variety and challenge killed my buzz. Tech issues didn't help either.

A well implemented hard mode is a must.

Hope a DLC comes along that fixes these issues, otherwise DD2 will be a missed opportunity.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
What level were you guys when yall first took on the dragon (not the post-game)?
40 or 50. Don't remember. I explored a bit. I finished Postgame at 76.

I've restarted so I'm back to Level 12 for some degree of challenge before Normal mode turns into Casual mode again. It'll be a good way to test out any changes.

Raven117

40 or 50. Don't remember. I explored a bit. I finished Postgame at 76.

I've restarted so I'm back to Level 12 for some degree of challenge before Normal mode turns into Casual mode again. It'll be a good way to test out any changes.
Ill get to 40 then. Why is normal mode turning into Casual mode again?

Top Bottom