• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Ill get to 40 then. Why is normal mode turning into Casual mode again?
Enemies don't scale. So as you get stronger everything gets easier. So tough enemies become a cakewalk eventually. And you keep gaining stats until Lvl 200.

The toughest enemies were big mob packs. Boss monsters are easier to deal with.

Right now I can get one shot by a Griffin but later with high level and gear and the defensive augments attacks will only tickle.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
muh muh muh

uvkia4pj1cpd1.jpeg

Raven117

Enemies don't scale. So as you get stronger everything gets easier. So tough enemies become a cakewalk eventually. And you keep gaining stats until Lvl 200.

The toughest enemies were big mob packs. Boss monsters are easier to deal with.

Right now I can get one shot by a Griffin but later with high level and gear and the defensive augments attacks will only tickle.
Gotcha. So… I’m a level 35 thief… can I beat the dragon? No interest in the post-game.

SkylineRKR

I maxed the Sovran helmet and pants with Dwarf path for my Fighter and looks to be worse than the Blazing Soul helmet and Vanguarder greaves as far as I could see. The plate I couldn't max, but it already eclipses the knockdown res of the Knightly Brigandine at level 2 (my Knightly is 333 I think).

The game runs really well on PS5 since the 120hz mode. Its a fantastic game full of missed potential.

Embearded

I haven't played since i finished it months ago.
Any idea of they will remove the timer at the end of the game so we can play as long as we want in that world?

KiteGr

Basically I'm waiting for an expansion or something to add more monster variety... and perhaps more vocations.
The game has a bigger map than the unfinished first game, but roughly the same number of enemies.

SkylineRKR

I haven't played since i finished it months ago.
Any idea of they will remove the timer at the end of the game so we can play as long as we want in that world?

You can play as long as you want though. Just do the beams first, and heal with Allheal elixirs, or die and use wakestones and replace your weakened pawns. But its easy enough as is.

If you cleared those beams, you have infinite time to wrap up the evacuations. The only caveat is that after 12 or so days, enemies won't respawn anymore.

Lux R7

after my first playthrough now i only play with my main pawn (both melee only), and the game is harder. It's not an official hard mode but it works for me.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
You can play as long as you want though. Just do the beams first, and heal with Allheal elixirs, or die and use wakestones and replace your weakened pawns. But its easy enough as is.

If you cleared those beams, you have infinite time to wrap up the evacuations. The only caveat is that after 12 or so days, enemies won't respawn anymore.
This is correct. Liberal use of Riftstones and Allheal Elixirs and Wakestones mean you never once have to use an Inn to rest at all. And once you kill all the Beam bosses you can explore however you want. The time limit is artificial and isn't real.

Scary_Larry

This sale today has been what I was looking for price point wise. Was gonna wait and see on Dragon Age: Veilguard, but it just doesn't seem to be quite right in my eyes.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
How great is the difference in the difficulty spectrum between Casual and Normal?

Are the enemies just more tanky or does the AI change regarding their behavior etc??
Casual mode is just system changes. Enemy difficulty is actually the same. Nothing about their behavior is changed. Just accessibility like less Stamina used for sprinting, carry more stuff, reduced prices on things like Inns and Ferrystones. No HP loss on reloading a save. Some mechanics are watered down to make things less stressful but as I feel you should discover it for yourself I won't talk about it.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Casual mode is just system changes. Enemy difficulty is actually the same. Nothing about their behavior is changed. Just accessibility like less Stamina used for sprinting, carry more stuff, reduced prices on things like Inns and Ferrystones. No HP loss on reloading a save. Some mechanics are watered down to make things less stressful but as I feel you should discover it for yourself I won't talk about it.

Great response.

Just found an article which I haven't read yet but it seems from what you said normal is fine.

Thanks! 👊🏽

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I think the exploration, caves not withstanding, is probably the best part of DD2. Paired with the DD1 music collection of course.

I'd comment more but anything interesting regarding DD2 steers right into spoiler territory for those that care about the lore once you unpack what is really going on.

The story isn't good but there is something there.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Picked up a used PS5 copy on Gamefly for $25

Debating on just waiting for the Pro update

Top Bottom