• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Samaritan

Same thing happened to me

MFW

giphy.gif

Just had this happen as well and it was glorious. Flipped out while we were falling and jumped off, thinking I was going to die if I stayed with the ogre. Managed to land on the spiral floor below where we were fighting him. Managed to turn around at the last second to see him hit the ground.

This game!!

when a new enb is released, such as 0.297, do I need to just add the new d3d9.dll to my game directory or all the files? if all the files, wouldnt i override an enb preset?

when a new enb is released, such as 0.297, do I need to just add the new d3d9.dll to my game directory or all the files? if all the files, wouldnt i override an enb preset?

Only the d3d9.dll.
You might want to replace the rest of the files as well though, because the enb creators should've already posted a newer version to go along with the new 0.297 enb version. Check their pages on nexus to make sure.

Frozone

The input changes on the fly, IIRC, so maybe you moved the mouse? Just press a controller button and it'll revert back.

Hmm.. that actually does not work for me.

EDIT: I got it to work by disabling my flight controller. It was conflicting with the game "sensing" the xbox controller.

For some reason my right bumper + X spell stopped working when I have a staff equipped. The spell charges but then it just never goes off no matter what I do. The only thing I can do is cancel it by jumping. The same spell will work if I put it in a different slot. I can use dagger skills or magick bow skills in that slot just fine. Anyone else experience this?

Erheller

Started my first game on Hard Mode (I've played DD on console before). Bats do 150 damage by flying around my head. Goblins one-shot me. Having to be careful around trash mobs makes the game really fun.

jonjonaug

Started my first game on Hard Mode (I've played DD on console before). Bats do 150 damage by flying around my head. Goblins one-shot me. Having to be careful around trash mobs makes the game really fun.

I tried this for a while when I started out until I got to the "Deep Trouble" quest. It kinda stopped being fun when I died in a single hit a dozen times in a row.

Teknoman

I need more Steam friends. Also its pretty dangerous to not have a pawn with some sort of healing powers, especially if you arent a heavy armored arisen. Maybe I should roll with a Sorcerer and a Mage as extras, instead of trying to keep a 2h weapon wielder with me.

Lanrutcon

Woke up to find another 1,6 million RC.

If people hire "Hawke" (level 15X Strider), send some Vim with her. I can never have enough of that stuff.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Doing the Duchess quest and it is suprising how many guards are willing to uppercut her into the sky.
Yeah, it's jarring how vicious they are, lol. My first encounter with guards after getting her out of her room had him hurl her towards the ceiling with his sword only to be hit with a fireball by some other dude.

Fuckers don't mess around with prisoners.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Err, no. The only time you should be unable to save the game is when you have a) an active combat going on or b) there is some other significant happening right in your vicinity.
Can you describe the latter? I don't know how to explain the situation I got into, but I hadn't been in combat for a long while, unless I guess a dead pawn counts? lol...

How does the Eternal Ferrystone work again?

You use it from your inventory (tool), and choose your designation (portcrystal). As the name suggests it, it's unlimited use.
You can also add your own portcrystal locations by using the item on the open world (not in dungeons/towns).

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Yup.

Also quick question, how does the Eternal Ferrystone work again?

Lay portcrystals wherever you want on the map. When you use the eternal ferrystone, it'll teleport you wherever you placed your portcrystals in addition to Gran Soren and Cassardis. You can pick up portcrystals again and move them somewhere else, aside from Gran Soren and Cassardis.

Monster Zero

If you're a warrior, you can indomitable slash your way through the first 2 area and farm cheat for goodies at bitter black, got queen mothra a nice bow. This is the only RPG where I take care of my party better than mmy self

Ullus

Looks like it went well.
If your pawn is a fighter/warrior around level 25-30 I might hire it. Or if anyone else got one.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Also, someone sent my pawn back like this. You know who you are.
Haha, I didn't know changing their equipment actually makes them return like that. That's rad. You get an achievement for that too, by the way. Crossdressing a hired Pawn, I mean.

(I think it's only for dressing male Pawns as females, though, because reasons I guess.)

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I found Riddick's curved daggers. GOAT game.

Also, someone sent my pawn back like this. You know who you are.

Irval will have his vengeance.

Also, a general reminder that there's a GAFfer Dragon's Dogma Steam group. Join up and add people there! I want to say friend-pawns have a pirority for appearing in-game, but not 100% sure; at the very least, it's easy to filter to friend-pawns.
Hey I just noticed, that's my Pawn on the left! Or at least it is if she's named "Lisa." I'll look for yours when I get home and play, cheers.

Top Bottom