• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Arkanius

Guys where the heck can I get equipment for my Magick Archer other than both Gran Soren shops?

I feel I have the same equipment since ever. Some shit daggers and the only Magick Bow I could buy. I never find weapons or armor during the normal game :(

Level 25 by the way

This isn't a preset as in say Resonant or /we right?

This is just the wrapper version to inject stuff?
I just took the official ENB ( yes wrapper version), disabled all effects, turned on high precision rendering, and added the noise effect. Using this, the game will look like vanilla, just with no banding. Performance should be really close to vanilla game as well.

garath

Woot! someone used my pawn. Thanks Master Chef! Got 13k RC from that. More than enough for my potions to fix her inclinations :)

Sarcasm

I just took the official ENB ( yes wrapper version), disabled all effects, turned on high precision rendering, and added the noise effect. Using this, the game will look like vanilla, just with no banding. Performance should be really close to vanilla game as well.

Okay sweet. Does this inject HBAO ? SMAA?

silva1991

Part of a quest, just make sure to do the witch questline.

What questline? from the day I went to the woods she said something like "you want to see me again" or something as if talked to her before

the thing is I never saw here before and didn't go to the woods and failed Quina's quest at the very beginning of the game.

did I fuck up?

Lux R7

Game still says zero people hired my pawn. I don't think I've ever seen another green-skinned pawn in the rift. I would have hoped at least one person saw it and hired it based on originality alone, but I guess not. Oh well.

i can't find you, i looked for your pawn, actually happened with you and another user

Okay sweet. Does this inject HBAO ? SMAA?
Nope.

What questline? from the day I went to the woods she said something like "you want to see me again" or something as if talked to her before

the thing is I never saw here before and didn't go to the woods and failed Quina's quest at the very beginning of the game.

did I fuck up?
Yeah I think if you failed lost and found that means you fucked up...

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
l52569-thin-man-1041.jpg

Thats actually a p. good comparison!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm level 15 or 16 and feel super weak still. I was running around outside Gran Soren and was having a much harder time than I expected against some bandits. I was dealing poo damage as the basic class with daggers and bows. Do I need to find better weapons, or just adjust pawns? Not sure how to proceed or get stronger so going into caves and shit isn't scary.

Oh and Everfall? Should I explore it this early?

Gbraga

Ok, I'm still in the fucking pawn editing screen. I decided to try to listen to everyone complaining about too many waifus in the rift, but it's so hard to make a cute male character.

Any tips?

This is what I have so far:

ddda2016-01-1923-59-13go58.png

Not so sure on the name either, but whatever.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm level 15 or 16 and feel super weak still. I was running around outside Gran Soren and was having a much harder time than I expected against some bandits. I was dealing poo damage as the basic class with daggers and bows. Do I need to find better weapons, or just adjust pawns? Not sure how to proceed or get stronger so going into caves and shit isn't scary.
Those bandits should not be underestimated, man. xD Yeah of course adjusting pawns and equipment will help, but you can often run past them too if you need.

Oh and Everfall? Should I explore it this early?
Just make sure you complete some Cassardis quests first. The flowers one is not a big deal, but Lost and Found (finding a
missing Quina
) will expire after clearing the Everfall and will lock you out of important quests later.

Ok, I'm still in the fucking pawn editing screen. I decided to try to listen to everyone complaining about too many waifus in the rift, but it's so hard to make a cute male character.

Any tips?

Not bad. Maybe give him more hair? The long dreads one should look good. ^^

Golnei

Any tips?

Maybe try using a slightly more pronounced chin, and a mouth which is a little less ._. in its default expression? Some light stubble would also help hide the low-poly nature of the face model and artifacted skin textures - I'm pretty happy with how my Arisen and pawn turned out, but they'd still look much worse clean-shaven, due to the roughness of the underlying model being so much clearer.

Bluth54

Any tips?

You should name him Diggle after John Diggle from Arrow, he looks very similar.

Gbraga

Maybe try using a slightly more pronounced chin, and a mouth which curves downward slightly? Some light stubble would also help hide the low-poly nature of the face model and artifacted skin textures - I'm pretty happy with how my Arisen and pawn turned out, but they'd still look much worse clean-shaven, due to the roughness of the underlying model being so much clearer

He does have some light stubble, actually. It's really thin, and it doesn't help that I pulled the camera back enough to show his nipples, but it's there. I feel like anything thicker than this is too thick for this face, and looks a bit weird. I wish there was something halfway, or at least more customization for each kind of beard.

I'll look into the chin and mouth.

Meanwhile, I tested hair, kinda liked these two, but I feel like ironically they'd make him less unique, as I'm betting there are more pawns with these hairstyles, but I have to admit, he's kinda hot with the second hairstyle:

ddda2016-01-2000-14-590lw0.png

ddda2016-01-2000-15-0cjxsg.png

You should name him Diggle after John Diggle from Arrow, he looks very similar.

I'm not really seeing the similarity, but he's hot, so I'll take the compliment! :D

colinp

Banned
I'm still rather early and have only explored a bit around Grand Soren, but I'm curious if there are any snow areas in this game...?

bathsalts

Any tips?

Your first problem is a height of 181.9, thats below 6 foot. I suppose a manlet could be cute if thats your thing but refer to that pic Grief likes to post as a general rule.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
i can't find you, i looked for your pawn, actually happened with you and another user

That's weird. Am I just not showing up in the friends list section of your search at all? I checked my settings and I 100% have pawn sharing set to everyone, not even just friends only. I guess that'd make me feel better if I just wasn't showing up at all rather than if people were just ignoring my awesome goblin.

garath

Yeah this is a problem because now I can't find yours, I think the only way is if you find mine, hire her and then send her back, this should put you in my pawn's history

Found yours. You defaulted to being summoned already lol. Top rated on my friends list is the reason I suppose.

Used your pawn. Gave her some valuable experience fighting goblins and rabbits outside of Cassardis. Sent her back with a small fish. You're welcome. ;)

In other news, got my pawn's inclinations perfect now. Didn't have enough time to test them out. We'll see how it goes.

Ultarian/Medicant/Scather/Mediator

Found yours. You defaulted to being summoned already lol. Top rated on my friends list is the reason I suppose.

Used your pawn. Gave her some valuable experience fighting goblins and rabbits outside of Cassardis. Sent her back with a small fish. You're welcome. ;)

In other news, got my pawn's inclinations perfect now. Didn't have enough time to test them out. We'll see how it goes.

Ultarian/Medicant/Scather/Mediator

Lol thanks for that goblin knowledge.
I think I rented yours before the inclination change, but I'll release her soon after I do some more farming, get ready for those RC's ;].

Gbraga

WE IN THERE, BOYS!

ddda2016-01-2000-57-4i4oiw.png

Thank you all for helping! It's really late now though, so the adventure will have to start tomorrow.

Top Bottom