• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

I downloaded the mod to put PS3 buttons on HUD but it doesn't seem to work right. It immediately switches back to the weird numbering system for generic gamepads. Halp

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
another question: I have a feeling I should mainpath at least until I get to gran soren instead of faffing about near the start, is that correct? I can always go back for those sidequests (for example this sidequest to
look for some girl
is taking me way off where im supposed to go)

LegendX48

I'm watching someone play and the speed looks a lot quicker than ps3. Did the framerate increase the game speed too?

considering how frequently the PS3 version loves to dip into the teens and single digits for a certain boss... kind of :p

That and the game is just quick in general depending on your play style

Alexm92

i5-3570 and MSI gaming 4g
And i can't choose 1440p for some reason.

I have an MSI one aswel. Go to manage 3d settings in nvidia control panel. Go to global settings, turn off all check boxes in DSR-factors and then go to change resolution and create a custom resolution of 1440p. Edit: Got mixed up

KainXVIII

Anyone find SGSSAA bits yet?

Yes, please! Waiting for Bonkers..

I have an MSI one aswel. Go to manage 3d settings in nvidia control panel. Go to global settings, DSR-Factors and check the boxes that say 2.25x,3.00x etc.
Thanks, i already found it, but still i can't downsample from 3200x1800 for example.

Reposting.
Some questions:
1. Subtitles in cutscenes is supposed to be huge and lowrez? Or is it bug from downsampling?
2. Why i only can downsample to 2880x1620, 1440p and 4k and nothing else? Through Nvidia DSR.
3. If i downsample is it better to disable fxaa or leave it on? Or maybe inject SMAA?

another question: I have a feeling I should mainpath at least until I get to gran soren instead of faffing about near the start, is that correct? I can always go back for those sidequests (for example this sidequest to
look for some girl

Warning: Skipping this quest causes several quest lines to be unavailable and the east side of the Witchwood will remain permanently sealed off, which is the only area where King Bay Leaf grows.
The easiest way to get this quest is to return to Cassardis immediately after defeating the Hydra at the Encampment instead of proceeding onwards to Gran Soren.
This quest may still be undertaken until Lure of the Abyss quest is completed. (Barnaby begs of you to explore the Everfall, a sprawling ruin beneath Gran Soren. He claims a new "presence" has claimed the abyss.)

After receiving this quest, Quina's Note can be found at Chief Adaro's House on a table to the left.
Some players may be tempted to veer right towards the castle ruins after climbing the hill while travelling towards Witchwood. This is not necessary, and will trigger combat with a group of fairly high level bandits. Simply follow the path straight to the Witchwood.
The Bandits can be avoided if travelling at night. Large groups of Wolves will be encountered instead of the Bandits.
The Witchwood can be difficult to navigate with the magical fog whiting out the map, however by keeping to the high ground to avoid the more convoluted paths and heading mainly east, the player should eventually find Selene's hut.
Before going to Witchwood it is recommended to have a Gransys Herb in the party's personal possession. After completing this quest, give the herb to Selene and she will turn it into a potion, which is the item required in the quest Witch's Brew found in Gran Soren later on.

SilentRob

look for some girl

No, you can't. The Lost and Found sidequest you are talking about here actually get's locked out really, really fast. To be specific: Completing your first quest in Gran Soren makes you fail that quest. It's especially bad with this quest because you actually get locked out of quite a few important side quests that are part of that quest-chain along with a whole area that you will never be able to access until you actually do the quest in New Game+.

So: You can get to Gran Soren, but don't actually progress any further after ariving there during the main quest. Good thing is you get access to the Eternal Ferrystone at the Inn in Gran Soren so you could just teleport back to Cassardis ;)

This is one of the things I really don't like about the game - you almost HAVE to use a Wiki to make sure you don't miss important stuff like this.

EDIT: Well, guess I was a little late with that one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Warning: Skipping this quest causes several quest lines to be unavailable and the east side of the Witchwood will remain permanently sealed off, which is the only area where King Bay Leaf grows.
The easiest way to get this quest is to return to Cassardis immediately after defeating the Hydra at the Encampment instead of proceeding onwards to Gran Soren.
This quest may still be undertaken until Lure of the Abyss quest is completed. (Barnaby begs of you to explore the Everfall, a sprawling ruin beneath Gran Soren. He claims a new "presence" has claimed the abyss.)

hmm so youre saying go do this quest before going to grand soren then?

also, I just realised the pawns you hire do NOT level up, im still walking around with 2 level 6s when me and my pawn are 10. I guess the idea is to switch them up regulary

really into the game so far. I got a kind of charge straight shot now that does decent dmg and knocks back, and im using daggers more when enemies are close (like stupid wolves). I ove the effect when your mages put fire on your weapons

So: You can get to Gran Soren, but don't actually progress any further after ariving there during the main quest. Good thing is you get access to the Eternal Ferrystone at the Inn in Gran Soren so you could just teleport back to Cassardis ;)

This is one of the things I really don't like about the game - you almost HAVE to use a Wiki to make sure you don't miss important stuff like this.

thanks guys, will do just this

about your comment on having to use wiki, ( I was able to platinum the game before the wiki even existed,and no help from the internet, it's one of those games that I was really into I guess.

aaaand it crashed

during the loading between two area, i was leaving Cassaridis

i inadvertently unplugged my headset, could be that the reason?

also, I just realised the pawns you hire do NOT level up, im still walking around with 2 level 6s when me and my pawn are 10. I guess the idea is to switch them up regulary

No just keep them with you until you are like 15 levels ahead, keeping them with you increases their knowledge.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is there a way to get custom resolutions to work? I modified the ini in my local apps folder, but the game seems to stomp it back to 1080 when I run it.

Just wanted to thank Sectus for his converter tool. I stopped playing Dark Arisen because it was quite literally unplayable in Bitterblack Isle due to the way I play the game (set my self on fire before every fight and have two mage pawns doing all kinds of shit).
But my Arisen lives again in glorious 60fps!!
gnsxr.jpg
Thank you Sectus!

hmm so youre saying go do this quest before going to grand soren then?

really into the game so far. I got a kind of charge straight shot now that does decent dmg and knocks back, and im using daggers more when enemies are close (like stupid wolves). I ove the effect when your mages put fire on your weapons

thanks guys, will do just this

Yeah have two choices go deliver the hydra head and head back or go do it now,
carefull tho the woods are tricky,and yes you could get more pawns to help you that are better , but it might cost you more rift crystals.I'm not sure how the Pc version handles rift crystals currency and how much you started off with.

Rhaknar

No just keep them with you until you are like 15 levels ahead, keeping them with you increases their knowledge.

shit too late lol.

also, am I a dumbdumb or there is no lock on? I know magic archers can lock on for example, but i cant seem to find a general purpose lock on, like the Souls games (or Zelda lol)

Bebpo

Banned
Game looks and runs amazing. We really should have had this game on PC 5 years ago. But better late than never!

Hope we get a sequel someday.

Dommel

It keeps crashing after the tutorial fight, very frustrating as there is no way to save up until that point. The movie/cutscene right after the big doors open just freezes and that's it.

Anyone else experience this?

Aselith

Seems to be doing pretty well

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

25,309 25,309 Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

So even without factoring in that these aren't all players, it's sold at least that many copies which seems pretty good for a rerelease years later. Will be interesting to see the SteamSpy results

zoobzone

Welp just got stuck in ininite loading after killing the Chimera in the prologue. Checked steam discussion seems to be related to some windows codec issue, I'm on Windows 10 retail build 10586.

Sectus

Just wanted to thank Sectus for his converter tool. I stopped playing Dark Arisen because it was quite literally unplayable in Bitterblack Isle due to the way I play the game (set my self on fire before every fight and have two mage pawns doing all kinds of shit).
But my Arisen lives again in glorious 60fps!!

Thank you Sectus!

You're welcome! And apologies in advance if you encounter problems when trying to use online pawns. It's looking like it might be a pretty major issue when using console saves.

I didn't make much progress.

But I did manage to snag myself Judgement and change my vocation to Warrior. Just need to finish up a few side quest sand then I can finally deliver this hydra head to Gran Soren for the billionth time.

The 2 hander life is the best life.

Sanctuary

I have no idea what is causing it, but I keep getting crackling, or popping audio when running around in the village. First time I have ever had audio issues with a game on this PC too.

Vuze

I agree that a higher resolution front for the interface and subtitles is needed. It looks pretty shitty even at 1440p.

Apart from that, I messed around with some ENB stuff and while it tanks my fps by about 80 (lmao), I have basically no idea what I'm doing so I'll attribute it to that. Just gonna stick to this for some nice DoF + SSAO until some pros publish their configs.

I have no idea what is causing it, but I keep getting crackling, or popping audio when running around in the village. First time I have ever had audio issues with a game on this PC too.
I second this, I also get random crackling.

Mine crashed during the loading between two area

That's what's happening, I've crashed going through zone doors and on reloading from death, seems like whenever it needs to load the world there's a something that can cause a crash. The last one was fucking bad too, PC restarted, which I've never had happen.

guessing whatever fix is gonna make the pre-order DLC finally work correctly isn't coming today...really annoyed by that considering that's probably the easiest thing to make sure worked right

Sophia

are the mouse and keyboard controls decent or should i dig out my xbone controller

They're acceptable. The biggest issue with them is the UI wasn't modified to accommodate them, so you have to press a button combo to use your skills. On the flip-side, you can bind items to the number keys, and mouse aiming for bow is as every bit as good as you'd expect.

You're welcome! And apologies in advance if you encounter problems when trying to use online pawns. It's looking like it might be a pretty major issue when using console saves.

Yeah I noticed the "accessing server" prompt was there until I restarted the game in offline mode. I'm not terribly concerned - the awesome pawns I had 3 years ago are still with me. :)

Unai

Is someone else experiencing crashes? I thought it was GeDoSaTo or Big Picture, but even without them is crashing sometimes for me.

Edit: I see it's not just me.

Top Bottom