• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen PC |OT| Wolves hunt in 4K

Having played as an adult man and adult woman in my PS3 runs, I decided to try playing as a kid this time to see what changes, if anything. The results are unintentionally hilarious.

For example, the lovely princess-type character
comes off as a massive pedophile, with her servants' assertions that her interest in me is "peculiar" taking on a very different meaning.

Now to make that pudgy Jester my beloved, because of course a kid would give gifts of fish to a goofy creeper.

PC playthrough best playthrough.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
If anybody is curious, this is the main noticable difference with HIGH HDR, all "glow effects" are MUCH brighter, including glow from skill effects. Even your weapons will glow extremely bright when enchanted.

LOW on left, HIGH on right
WgmcWLT.jpg

I'll set mine to low now, thanks for pointing this out.

Any idea on increasing the controller (x360) camera sensitivity? It's way too low.

Unai

Do any of you guys getting crashes have a setup like mine:

- 144Hz monitor;
- G-Sync;
- Another monithor plugged;
- Framerate unlocked instead of fixed at 60;
- Steam Controller;
- GTX 970;

The strange part is I never had a crash with the leaked copy
Really? Damn. And since it's friday it probably won't be fixed until next week.

Ogawa-san

I love how you can mix KB+M and controller without ever going into options. I made a profile in DS4Windows to use the touchpad as keys 1~5, so now I can toggle the lantern using left touch.

- 144Hz monitor;
- G-Sync;
- Steam Controller;
- GTX 970;

I have almost exactly what you have, except a 980ti.

I only played for about 40 minutes but no crashes or any issues so far.

Alucrid

Banned
They're acceptable. The biggest issue with them is the UI wasn't modified to accommodate them, so you have to press a button combo to use your skills. On the flip-side, you can bind items to the number keys, and mouse aiming for bow is as every bit as good as you'd expect.

thanks, guess i'll see how it is for warrior then

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
just noticed your vocation has ranks. Im rank 4 Strider, should I not change to Ranger or Mystic Knight until I reach max rank with Strider? Not sure what the ranks mean

same goes for my Pawn from Mage to Sorceror (Sorceress)

T.O.P

Banned
Game keeps crashing when i enter a new town or a loading zone

Sometime i can get though two loading screens without a problem, other times it crashes 3 times in a row

And with how much time can pass from two "towns" this is pissing me off a lot

Vuze

- 144Hz monitor;
- G-Sync;

- Steam Controller;
- GTX 970;
Have the boldened, no crashes at all so far. However, I have just beaten the Hydra for the first time.

I'll set mine to low now, thanks for pointing this out.

Any idea on increasing the controller (x360) camera sensitivity? It's way too low.
You can change the camera sensitivity in the options menu, maxing it out feels perfect IMO. When you go to the options it'll be on mouse/keyboard options, just press right and it'll switch to xbox controller options.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Game keeps crashing when i enter a new town or a loading zone

Sometime i can get though two loading screens without a problem, other times it crashes 3 times in a row

And with how much time can pass from two "towns" this is pissing me off a lot

You can save whenever you want, so until they are resolved just make sure to pop a manual save before doing a zone transition.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
so how do I fast travel back to the village? I cant find anyware to do it in grand soren. Someone said it was in the inn?

c0Zm1c

So how are my 21:9 bros coping???

I'll quote what I wrote on another forum:

The game started in that [21:9] resolution for me and the bottom of the title and menu screens was cut off with the interface misaligned (I couldn't click on anything with the mouse and had to find my way around blindly with the keyboard). They have said that 21:9 isn't supported but they really need to fix it so that the game defaults to a 16:9 resolution.

:(

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I've got the deband shader implemented in GeDoSaTo and boy howdy does it help a bunch.

This example is using higher contrast post processing than vanilla, and shows off how great the Deband is.

screenshot_2016_01_15_16_06_03_0_by_aloooo81-d9o24i2.jpg

screenshot_2016_01_15_16_06_07_1_by_aloooo81-d9o24hs.jpg

I've got the pull request sent in for when/if Durante decides to merge it.

TDLink

Okay so I think I fucked my game. Someone please help.

Got to pick my vocation and out into the first town/city. Decided to save and go back to the title screen to play with my settings. Changed a few from Low to High...game screen goes to black and I have to ctrl alt del out. Now I can't boot up the game again without an error happening that doesn't even allow me to get back to settings. Any way to fix this? Like set the settings back to default from outside of the game? Or am I screwed and have to delete the game and redownload everything?

I've got the deband shader implemented in GeDoSaTo and boy howdy does it help a bunch.

This example is using higher contrast post processing than vanilla, and shows off how great the Deband is.

I've got the pull request sent in for when/if Durante decides to merge it.

Sexy. Boy do I hate banding.

AJ_Wings

So I tried my luck fighting the two ogres that hangout in the abandoned camps outside of Gran Soren during nightfall. "Pffft... I played this game for like nearly 200 hours on the PS3, I'm such a badass at this game. So what if I'm level 17?! I can handle these chumps! lol" I told myself. After 10 minutes of humiliating ass whoopin, NOPE.

Guess I'll go to the mines...

Kalentan

I love how when I played on the PS3 version... I always felt kind of weak and wondered why you started out with such shitty weapons. Well, now I haven't even reached the encampment yet and already decking myself out in armor and weapons and doing the quests I missed. Already level 5 and still haven't gotten my pawn yet.

If anybody is curious, this is the main noticable difference with HIGH HDR, all "glow effects" are MUCH brighter, including glow from skill effects. Even your weapons will glow extremely bright when enchanted.

LOW on left, HIGH on right
WgmcWLT.jpg

This was bugging me with the retarded lens flare effect on your character. It looks WAY better on low. Shouldn't be an option.

SilentRob

So, is there already a Pawn sharing thread? If not:

I have a Tank/Fighter Pawn with the best Inclinations for the Class (Scather, Mitigator), LVL 25. I think pawns from people from your friend list are free? So, add me on Steam if you like and take Bob on some adventures! :) Steam name is "Keynwar".

so how do I fast travel back to the village? I cant find anyware to do it in grand soren. Someone said it was in the inn?

Go to the Inn and withdraw the Eternal Ferrystone in your "Tools" tab. Use it to fast travel ;)

Unai

I have almost exactly what you have, except a 980ti.

I only played for about 40 minutes but no crashes or any issues so far.

Have the boldened, no crashes at all so far. However, I have just beaten the Hydra for the first time.

I'm still in the village lol

Crashed some times on both the introduction with the previous Arisen and in the Village before and after the dragon.

The only other unusual thing I have is ShadowPlay. I turn it off and test again.

Rhaknar

err just changed my vocation to magick archer and now I cant use my bow, and my pawn cant use her staff after changing from mage to sorcerer lol?

Zakalwe

Banned
This game seriously needs fast travel..

It has fast travel.

When you get to GS you'll find an unlimited ferrystone in your inn storage.

Then you can jump between main towns or find/place port crystals wherever you want them (always remember to carry at least one so you can jump to town and back if you need to).

Baalzebup

just noticed your vocation has ranks. Im rank 4 Strider, should I not change to Ranger or Mystic Knight until I reach max rank with Strider? Not sure what the ranks mean

same goes for my Pawn from Mage to Sorceror (Sorceress)

Vocation ranks unlock new skills, lv.2 version of skills, new augments etc. Maxing out is not necessary as such, but you can some pretty swanky stuff from them.

For example, high rank warrior unlocks the augment Clout, which gives a healthy +20% to all physical attacks. It goes well with any class using physical attacks.

tuxfool

Banned
So, is it recommended to use a gamepad to play this? I would prefer a M+KB setup, and see some positive thoughts about it in this thread, but I'm just curious if this is similar to Dark Souls where it's mostly essential to own one despite having K+MB controls.

I'm really liking mouse controls for ranged classes. If you want to aim your bow at specific points it is really good. Menu operation with a mouse is a little odd, but manageable.

Rurunaki

It has fast travel.

When you get to GS you'll find an unlimited ferrystone in your inn storage.

Then you can jump between main towns or find/place port crystals wherever you want them (always remember to carry at least one so you can jump to town and back if you need to).

Thank you.. I'm like level 14 and doing sidequests haven't gone to the "main" town yet.

Zakalwe

Banned
Okay so I think I fucked my game. Someone please help.

Got to pick my vocation and out into the first town/city. Decided to save and go back to the title screen to play with my settings. Changed a few from Low to High...game screen goes to black and I have to ctrl alt del out. Now I can't boot up the game again without an error happening that doesn't even allow me to get back to settings. Any way to fix this? Like set the settings back to default from outside of the game? Or am I screwed and have to delete the game and redownload everything?

Delete the .ini file that controls those settings, then validate files and download a fresh copy of the original.

Top Bottom