• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

Please don't have done something stupid Doc...

I hadn't been watching his streams since his charity stuff popped up because I was pretty sure they where BLM related and I didn't want to support that in any way so I was waiting for them to be over before watching again... Now I feel sad I may have missed the last of Doc.

I love the Doc. He is by far the best streamer on Twitch and puts more effort into his stream and production than anyone else. I love the 80's badguy persona. And he has created a really cool little world for his fans. The arena.

One thing is for sure, people really don't understand how loved Doc is in the community and across many of the larger streamers. If Doc didn't do anything morally wrong here I think you are going to see LOTS of people sticking up for him and no way in heck is the community going to let this go. Doc got offers to stream elsewhere and he chose to stick it out with Twitch and the community he made there. He's even invested in Twitch and Twitch tournaments and events.

If this is indeed what it is... They are going to eat her alive and roast Twitch for leftovers... The freaking past is the past and there is nothing more petty than blackmail just because this freaking dumb me too crap is trending. You had your chance to get all this out in public. All you are doing now is causing pain to a family that is healing and trying to move on.

Last edited:

Aceofspades

Banned
Man just as he's being done a month of charity streams, and has raised over 100k so far.
I hope its not just SJW's damanding him gone because of his character.

If bolded is true then that's a golden opportunity to any rival platform to snatch him and give him all freedom to do whatever . Twitch will dry up in months with their SJW agendas. Fuck them

Yoda

If bolded is true then that's a golden opportunity to any rival platform to snatch him and give him all freedom to do whatever . Twitch will dry up in months with their SJW agendas. Fuck them

There are no rival platforms that are run by people with different views from the one you cite.

Eliciel

Many rappers retire these days, come back and sell gazillions....

Maybe Twitch is starting to realize how to nail down their dominance once and for all. Maybe, it is plotting a heavy hit comeback here.
Maybe, just maybe they will heat this place up to their.......

"You think you can do this to me, you ***** gonna be playing basketball in Pelican Bay, when I get finished with you. Shoe program *****, 23hour lockdown. I am the man up in this piece . [...] Who the **** you think you're ***** with . I'm the police, you just lived here [...]. King Kong ain't got shit on me.. !!!

...... Training Day Moment???!

Remember everything starts and ends with an Arc in Mind in Media, everything is plotted.
Drama, it's all about the Drama guys, that's how you progress, that's how you prosper. Wake up,guys. Wake up!

Last edited:

nani17

are in a big trouble
aba.gif

Hestar69

There's no way doc got banned for cheating with another twitch streamer.I REALLY do hope that's what hes banned for though, and not something more serious.

So today we can be fired for personal reasons? ... Privacy no longer exists, what right Twitch or another company can afford to judge and fire someone in relation to their private life? As far as I know there is no law which prohibits infidelity, it is wrong but there is no law prohibiting it therefore in what a company can afford to fire someone in relation to private things?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Last edited:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
So Twitch has a rule that it's streamers can't bang other Twitch streamers?
Or is it that they can't cheat? Cause if that was the case everywhere like 70% of the population would be let go from work at one point or another.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: GHG
So today we can be fired for personal reasons? ... Privacy no longer exists, what right Twitch or another company can afford to judge and fire someone in relation to their private life? As far as I know there is no law which prohibits infidelity, it is wrong but there is no law prohibiting it therefore in what a company can afford to fire someone in relation to private things?

it was a meme he did not cheat on his wife.

Nydus

He could stream on floatplane. Linus said they would welcome everybody, even the shunned and shamed, as long as they're not doing something illegal.

Dibils2k

people need to stop taking that reddit post as accurate lol the english in it is terrible and it would make no sense... why would him cheating with another twitch streamer be any worse than cheating he did before

Enjay

Banned
So in order for it be "Consent" both parties must be in the exact same career position/socieoeconomic status etc? Fuck outta here with that.
I didn't make or enjoy the rules or consequences but I can enjoy it when someone I don't like gets caught breaking them.

Gp1

This must be some really serious transgression for twitch permaban him without saying nothing...

Eliciel

He could stream on floatplane. Linus said they would welcome everybody, even the shunned and shamed, as long as they're not doing something illegal.

he could stream on www.lalilulelo.com and people would still stream him.....these companies got nothing on Dr.Disrespect. He is on the tipititop of the mountain...
Sometimes I don't understand if people get what the Internet is actually here to do for people on an individual basis. Twitch is just a name....

Last edited:
That's how it starts. As companies start getting stronger into thought policing, the youth is not going to stand by it. Maybe someone won't go to a new platform for just one streamer, but as they get harsher and ban streamer after streamer, content creator after content creator, the competing platforms will grow.

Sure. Look at the many, MANY alternatives to Twitter, Youtube, Facebook and Instagram. LOL.

I mean MS with all their money, experience and know-how spent god knows how much to get a platform going. They got the biggest names on Twitch to move to their platform. They advertised all over the place. And it still died out in a year.

I wouldnt hold my breath for any competitor to come along anytime soon.

AGRacing

You know... I always had a love for this guy. He cheated on his wife... but I'm not going to pretend it's easy becoming insanely popular so quickly. We can sit at our desks and judge the man... not having ever been tempted ourselves to the degrees he probably has.

The true judge of character is always to watch what someone does with fame or power... And he obviously didn't get a perfect score... but he DID reconcile with his wife.

I really hope whatever happened here wasn't worse.

I'm pulling for the guy. Hope he's OK.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

he could stream on www.lalilulelo.com and people would still stream him.....these companies got nothing on Dr.Disrespect. He is on the tipititop of the mountain...
Sometimes I don't understand if people get what the Internet is actually here to do for people on an individual basis. Twitch is just a name....

Tell that to every streamer who went to Mixer and lost most of their viewers.

“Sometimes I don’t understand”, you should have stopped there lol

Last edited:

Eliciel

Tell that to every streamer who went to Mixer and lost most of their echo ends.

“Sometimes I don’t understand”, you should have stopped there lol

You are one of those guys that think that Ninja and Shroud lost something, right?

I am talking about the biggest streamers here and not your "every streamer who went to Mixer", don't give me that bullshit. If people went to mixer they took a risk, because they didn't have a brand of their own and they didn't create a self-carrying reputation.
If you have reached a critical mass you don't need the platform, but the platform needs you. Or do you think Mixer was handing out 100+ million for 5 years for nothing? They bought individuals to create a name of their own.

Again, there is always going to be a way that Dr.Disrespect gets his audience, he is simply too attention worthy and too much money is lurking around the corner when he starts to perform well.
I don't believe I should have stopped anywhere, I believe you should have done your homework on the chapter #1 "how to create a brand."

Now again, I am not defending Dr. Distrespect if he did anything to violate rules. It's just and if he got banned for it so be it.
I am just saying that consequences will be balanced out by his brand.

Last edited:

Enjay

Banned
You are one of those guys that think that Ninja and Shroud lost something, right?

I am talking about the biggest streamers here and not your "every streamer who went to Mixer", don't give me that bullshit. If people went to mixer they took a risk, because they didn't have a brand of their own and they didn't create a self-carrying reputation.
If you have reached a critical mass you don't need the platform, but the platform needs you. Or do you think Mixer was handing out 100+ million for 5 years for nothing? They bought individuals to create a name of their own.

Again, there is always going to be a way that Dr.Disrespect gets his audience, he is simply too attention worthy and too much money is lurking around the corner when he starts to perform well.
I don't believe I should have stopped anywhere, I believe you should have done your homework on creating a brand.
lol Ninja was way bigger than DrDisprespect ever was. He crossed over to the mainstream (albeit briefly)

Eliciel

lol Ninja was way bigger than DrDisprespect ever was. He crossed over to the mainstream (albeit briefly)

First of all you need define the audience you're talking about and the definition of "bigger" before you can argue about such a thing. Except if you only refer to big as a form of "Market Capitaliztion" in pure numbers of viewers. For the broadest definition of big he is the Justin Bieber of Games or maybe ...Fortnite.

So based on numbers? Yes, totally, he is bigger.
However, based on brand? The difference is minor to none.
Dr. is attracting different groups of people that are simply less in the media pop-culture of streamers.

Remember, based on Market Cap. Coca Cola is small, but based on Brand....? Coca Cola is huge and up there with the big IT companies like Apple.
It is not the easy to write off Brand Value. Brand is resistant to crisis and diversified to change and it also is able to transfer into new themes when staying true to it's brand.
Is Ninja truly a much more successful streamer when moving away from Fortnite? I don't believe so.

Last edited:

tryDEATH

He probably told Twich to f*ck off once our primordial android overlord Mark sweet sweet Zucker-berg got into his ear and offered him an obscene amount of money to be the face of Mixer Facebook gaming, its why he didn't trash Mixer when it went down. Like always he plays 5D chess only now Twich doesn't won't allow him to announce where he is going live on air.

IntentionalPun

Yeah Ninja lost about 70% of his viewers.

And it didn't work very well because the names weren't enough. Even on an established platform backed by a company that spent millions on a backend, had the app embeded int he OS of a console with 10's of millions of users, etc.

Let's not forget your claim was he could stream on "www.lalilulelo.com" ; I was being generous to you using Mixer as an analogy but it's not even a great one because Mixer was a platform with tech already in place and at least some userbase. It's an enormous investment to go out on your own.

He'd do well on YouTube or Facebook gaming, not doubting that.. but randomurl.com is LOL. Building your own streaming platform is a massive investment.

Top Bottom