• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

Bought this DLC but am pretty shocked at how tiny it is.

Its only $3.50, which is a pittance, but I'd much rather have paid more and gotten more. Really hope this isn't the new normal.

Ainsz

Reposting this:

Guys, I'm still kinda new to Drive Club. Should I take my lumps and just play exclusively on hardcore now, and learn that handling, or stick with the original gameplay? I normally keep all assists off, but I tried hardcore on a Hot Hatch time trial. Hot Hatch! and it was brutal :-(

For the time being hardcore mode is only used in private mode or singleplayer if you choose to turn it on. There's no reason to not learn the standard handling if you're wanting to be competitive in the tours or multiplayer as standard is still the main mode on the game. Hardcore hasn't really been utilised yet so there's not much reason to get too accustomed to it except for the fun of it.

If all else fails and you still want to tear your balls off, DHC-Shannow can help with that ;-)

Lol just call me DHC-Shannoballs!

Edit: That Data Log is awesome, That must be hot stuff for you...
Aaaah its great to see you have escalated to hard core graphs Shannow just don't get to excited.
His desires are not mainstream...

NeoGaf presents DHC_Shannow in...

"50 shades of excel".

Almost as painfully boring as he is!

/s

Did I miss the memo? Is it pick on shannow day? ;-) Actually I use Google sheets Mr but, so I can experience spreadsheety goodness wherever I may roam :)

Glix

For the time being hardcore mode is only used in private mode or singleplayer if you choose to turn it on. There's no reason to not learn the standard handling if you're wanting to be competitive in the tours or multiplayer as standard is still the main mode on the game. Hardcore hasn't really been utilised yet so there's not much reason to get too accustomed to it except for the fun of it.

ahhhh, I see. I didn't realize that you can't set scores with it, etc... more of just a fun "hey we could have made this really simmy if we wanted to" setting. AWESOME. I was scared of it.

I'm going to simplify my other question above. Do any of you guys use a wheel with Drive Club? Is it a good "wheel game"? Do the controls/sensitivity/etc carry over properly, or was it made to be played on a pad?

Shaneus

I love that the new car DLC has both in lower classes. Need to pad those categories out before dumping more supers and hypers on us.

valkyre

Ok I am pretty pissed with the new DLC for Driveclub...

So I loaded the game and yay! new DLC. So I, like I have done for the past year or so, do exactly like I have done every single time: download the new update and then proceed to enjoy.

I am winning my stars and my trophies, so then I go to check and gloat about my awesome 100% trophies for this game (which i love, hence the 100%).

And then I am pissed. Somehow. This CAR DLC, is listed in Driveclub Bikes and now i have Driveclub Bikes trophy list synced with 12% progress.

This is BS. Of course i went online and saw that due to the trophy limit they decided to make this dlc part of Driveclub Bikes....

This is fucking lame. I Dont want to buy Driveclub Bikes... there should have been some kind of warning when downloading the DLC or something. I mean I have downloaded 10+ DLC for Driveclub , how was I to know that this one will sync a trophy list of a different game?

At least give me the option to remove those damn No Limits trophies and get rid of that Driveclub Bikes trophy list. Yes its an OCD thing, but it is nasty.

I'm going to simplify my other question above. Do any of you guys use a wheel with Drive Club? Is it a good "wheel game"? Do the controls/sensitivity/etc carry over properly, or was it made to be played on a pad?

Probably someone else should answer this, but I never can see wheel questions left behind.

The Force Feedback in DC is kinda rudimentary, it doesn't blow your mind and it doesn't feel like driving a real car. It does try to tell you about the edge of grip and when your rear will step out if you push it more to replace the missing seat-of-pants-driving sensation feedback, but because of the fast, hectic arcadish nature of the game and its tracks, it's less usefull than in sims on wider race circuits. Also you get some kind of hiccup-force pushes, when you do very fast counter-steering movements, feels like I'm breaking my wheel. pCARS, DiRT Rally(/Sebastian Loeb Rally is supposed to have good FFB too) and Assetto Corsa are the PS4 games you will want a wheel for (probably GT Sport as well, I still have hopes that it will be out this year).

Just from the steering precision/lag DC plays really good with a wheel. It's just a pity that it doesn't have any pre-defined setups on a per car basis in terms of steering linearity, degrees of rotation and so on. 540 degrees is fine with all cars so far for me though.

Glix

Probably someone else should answer this, but I never can see wheel questions left behind.

The Force Feedback in DC is kinda rudimentary, it doesn't blow your mind and it doesn't feel like driving a real car. It does try to tell you about the edge of grip and when your rear will step out if you push it more to replace the missing seat-of-pants-driving sensation feedback, but because of the fast, hectic arcadish nature of the game and its tracks, it's less usefull than in sims on wider race circuits. Also you get some kind of hiccup-force pushes, when you do very fast counter-steering movements, feels like I'm breaking my wheel. pCARS, DiRT Rally(/Sebastian Loeb Rally is supposed to have good FFB too) and Assetto Corsa are the PS4 games you will want a wheel for (probably GT Sport as well, I still have hopes that it will be out this year).

Just from the steering precision/lag DC plays really good with a wheel. It's just a pity that it doesn't have any pre-defined setups on a per car basis in terms of steering linearity, degrees of rotation and so on. 540 degrees is fine with all cars so far for me though.

Sounds plenty good enough for me. Its just a $40 plunge for the ps3->ps4 converter. When I decide to jump in I'll let you guys know how it goes

Please remove the bullshit trophy requirement which makes me have to:

Play multilayer
With bikes
With 6 or more people (impossible as driveclub bikes is dead online)
Get 3rd on the podium.

I can get all the trophies but this. It isn't even hard it's just bullshit annoying.

Please patch out or change this as shit trophy.

As a side note. Please add me people : RoyBrown

Help me get this awful trophy so I can be done with it.

xrnzaaas

Ok I am pretty pissed with the new DLC for Driveclub...

So I loaded the game and yay! new DLC. So I, like I have done for the past year or so, do exactly like I have done every single time: download the new update and then proceed to enjoy.

I am winning my stars and my trophies, so then I go to check and gloat about my awesome 100% trophies for this game (which i love, hence the 100%).

And then I am pissed. Somehow. This CAR DLC, is listed in Driveclub Bikes and now i have Driveclub Bikes trophy list synced with 12% progress.

This is BS. Of course i went online and saw that due to the trophy limit they decided to make this dlc part of Driveclub Bikes....

This is fucking lame. I Dont want to buy Driveclub Bikes... there should have been some kind of warning when downloading the DLC or something. I mean I have downloaded 10+ DLC for Driveclub , how was I to know that this one will sync a trophy list of a different game?

At least give me the option to remove those damn No Limits trophies and get rid of that Driveclub Bikes trophy list. Yes its an OCD thing, but it is nasty.

Yep, you REALLY shouldn't care about the trophies so much. :) Btw I think we (trophy hunters) should be thankful we got so many trophies for one game in the first place. It's probably a record that won't be broken in a looong time.

Play multilayer
With bikes
Get 3rd on the podium.

I can get all the trophies but this. It isn't even hard it's just bullshit annoying.

I don't think devs are allowed to change the requirements for the trophies. They can only interfere by releasing a patch when the trophy isn't unlocking when it should.

Play multilayer
With bikes
Get 3rd on the podium.

Don't forget to save the replay of the race or you won't get the trophy.

Duallusion

Its only $3.50, which is a pittance, but I'd much rather have paid more and gotten more. Really hope this isn't the new normal.

Agreed. Maybe they've spoiled us with the first season pass but, well ... I want moar. :)

Auctopus

Agreed. Maybe they've spoiled us with the first season pass but, well ... I want moar. :)

Whenever I make an assumption or prediction on here, Rushy's usually there to call me out lol but anyway...

I think the next set of tracks (not the city tracks, the actual countries) will appear in the Season Pass (i.e. paid content). When we got Scotland, Chile, Canada, India and Norway, we were buying the full Driveclub game with original roster of cars.

So, even though Driveclub has been deemed an "as service" game. I can easily seeing the next significant update being a large "expansion pack" rather than a Season Pass. The way they're slowly dripping out the city tracks and smaller expansion pack projects like a couple cars and small event listings, I think they're steadily ramping up to something big rather than a new trickle of paid content. Doing the latter would kill momentum a little, IMO.

I can see some sort of "Driveclub 2" expanion pack that feature multiple new countries and tracks with a large increase to the car roster (20-25).

Just my thoughts anyway, talking out my arse etc.

Gobbly

Banned
Season pass 2 or something similar and I'm in, the individual paid packs I just cannot justify from a financial perspective.

nib95

Banned
How many of you use Hardcore mode as standard, and do any of the Tours actually balance star requirements with Hardcore in mind, or is it more just for outside of Tour experimentation?

Another win for David Ricardo, very tight all through as he recovered from a bad second event to take the win at the end by a mere 0.6 seconds from AnythingBut. Knavish / Vix led from the second event only to stumble at the last to fall to 3rd, whilst I started strongly and had a nightmare second half to lose 4th place to Ainsz in the last event.

The DLC cars proved very strong, with the Type R taking the top 4 places over the Megane and the Skyline winning the Los Pelambres round.

Unfortunately while we had 10 people at various times only 7 of us managed to do all 7 events, hence the odd looking tables (missing an event gives you 9:59.999 as a time).

Still had a really good time on the event, I think everyone had fun and hopefully we'll get a full house for the next one. Thanks to Bouniter / FF8 for grabbing that second screenshot after I had brainfade!
Yep, the DLC cars proved pretty strong. The Skyline was a blessing in those tight los pelambres turns, and the Civic is the best hot hatch by a mile.

Got saved by the bell this time.

Thanks Shannow for all your hard work.

ZalXII

How many of you use Hardcore mode as standard, and do any of the Tours actually balance star requirements with Hardcore in mind, or is it more just for outside of Tour experimentation?
AI is slowed down in hardcore mode, but stars are not balanced at all around it. I tried a few Tour Events on Easy and position stars are obviously possible, got 2 Sliver Stars (1 Gold) in Time Trials and Face-Offs are dependent on the situation. Time Trials during races are mixed, some proved to be possible with practice, some not.

AI is slowed down in hardcore mode, but stars are not balanced at all around it. I tried a few Tour Events on Easy and position stars are obviously possible, got 2 Sliver Stars (1 Gold) in Time Trials and Face-Offs are dependent on the situation. Time Trials during races are mixed, some proved to be possible with practice, some not.
I'm having the same experience. I wish they had a new sperate star system in addition to "easy" and "normal", but I understand that it would be a lot of work.
What I would do if I were in Evolution's position, I'd have a hardcore mode star/challenge system for all new DLC packs and add a 3 tier star/reward system based on previous hardcore community times/high speeds/drift points for all old content - maybe not for gating your progress but just to feel more rewarded than with a position on the leaderboards(that are yet to be patched with seperate lists for hardcore mode... but that is still happening(?), or not??).

Who's in for some private lobby bikes this evening? :)

I'd love to but doubt I'll get on tonight bud.

Found this vid in my replays section, dunno what happened to you cos your there at the start but it turns into a 4 way team mate battle with the closest finish I've seen.

http://youtu.be/z8wsr0ofIaM

Another close race, this time with the amazingly named Shaolin_Shlong and Ainsz...

http://youtu.be/LV5SVqVo398

And here I sound deranged as you can`t hear Ainsz & Shaolin but you can see what a laugh racing an Atom against a Twin Run is...

http://youtu.be/02mX8ioQTIk

NewDust

My parents are currently in Norway... This is one of the photos they took:

12719235_956450667741592_4023844278996938053_o.jpg

Needless to say I envy them.

My parents are currently in Norway... This is one of the photos they took:

Needless to say I envy them.

One of my worst tracks but yeah that'd be great to see in real life :)

Entertaining evening online tonight gentlemen, I think I need to drink plenty more beer to erase the memories!

Curufinwe

The new DLC shows up under Drive Club Bikes, so if you don't own that and don't plan to then beware.

ps3ud0

Hi, any chance of being added to the weekly challenges? Just been told by a mate whose already in it and wouldnt mind trying though I suspect Id be just making up the numbers.

Are there any requirements beyond having the season pass?

ps3ud0 8)

Hi, any chance of being added to the weekly challenges? Just been told by a mate whose already in it and wouldnt mind trying though I suspect Id be just making up the numbers.

ps3ud0 8)

I'm sure DHC will hook you up in the morning. :)

As for requirements, you'll need DC Bikes for some of the challenges, the current one for example.

So I just bought this game and I'm very impressed so far. Can't believe I've waited nearly 2 years to play a real next-gen racer.

The amount of DLC is really overwhelming, however. A lot of it is stuff I want too. If I buy the season pass, do I get all of it (never bothered with these before)?

5taquitos

So I just bought this game and I'm very impressed so far. Can't believe I've waited nearly 2 years to play a real next-gen racer.

The amount of DLC is really overwhelming, however. A lot of it is stuff I want too. If I buy the season pass, do I get all of it (never bothered with these before)?

Everything except the two packs that came out this month, I believe.

Everything except the two packs that came out this month, I believe.

Yep, got it. Good value. Pretty much doubled the car count.

Jesus, WHOSE IDEA WAS IT TO MAKE EVERY TRACK THE WIDTH OF A NOODLE. It wouldn't be so bad if the AI wasn't hellbent on getting in the way and being generally annoying.

ps3ud0 8)

Nice one, just send a friend request to DHC-Shannow and I'll forward the challenge on to you and add you to the score table. I won't post any challenges using the new dlc vehicles unless it appears most people have them.

Yep, got it. Good value. Pretty much doubled the car count.

Jesus, WHOSE IDEA WAS IT TO MAKE EVERY TRACK THE WIDTH OF A NOODLE. It wouldn't be so bad if the AI wasn't hellbent on getting in the way and being generally annoying.

I guess they're based on real roads, though the later released tracks do seem wider than the original selection. The game used to punish off track excursions way harsher than it does now so think yourself lucky! :)

So in all seriousness, is this fixed yet?

I bought this when it came out, season pass and all, and was infuriated with the online aspects as they just seemed to never work for me or were always down for maintenance.

Also, there was no VW MK7 Golf R and that kinda pissed me off >.>

Makikou

So in all seriousness, is this fixed yet?

I bought this when it came out, season pass and all, and was infuriated with the online aspects as they just seemed to never work for me or were always down for maintenance.

Also, there was no VW MK7 Golf R and that kinda pissed me off >.>

Has been fixed for well over a year now.

Top Bottom