• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT3| Evolved

danthefan

Have you tried switching to silver stars? They should offer significantly smaller challenge. Also if the weather is bothering you at this point you can focus on the events from the main tour (not Startline), because they don't feature any weather changes.

Maybe I'll move away from Startline then thanks.

I've bought this recently and I'm doing the starter races. I've gotten to one in India where it starts raining as the race goes on and I cannot finish better than last, no matter how many times I try. Getting fed up, would love to really get into this game, I'm obviously very very bad at it :(

The Startline Tour is more of a sampler of various content across all tours and is therefore all over the place in terms of difficulty, don't feel bad about not excelling at those races immediately. Try playing the original Driveclub tour for a more gradual difficulty curve, it will start you out with the hot hatch class, which is easier to control and the AI will be easier too. The only downside is that the DC Tour doesn't have any weather effects, since they patched that in after lanch, but seeing as how you're new to the game that might be for the better.

This is more relevant for the faster classes, but use the full range of R2 (throttle), don't just treat it as an 0-1 state button, if you know what i mean. Especially when coming out of a corner, if your tires are squealing and your backside is swerving, you're pushing down R2 too hard.

5taquitos

Screenshot_2016_03_01_15_27_38.png

It's in the Google play store too

Screenshot_2016_03_01_15_35_00.png

It'll make it way easier to keep up to date with the weekly challenge...

Screenshot_2016_03_01_15_48_09.png

Sweet! It's finally here!

danthefan

The Startline Tour is more of a sampler of various content across all tours and is therefore all over the place in terms of difficulty, don't feel bad about not excelling at those races immediately. Try playing the original Driveclub tour for a more gradual difficulty curve, it will start you out with the hot hatch class, which is easier to control and the AI will be easier too. The only downside is that the DC Tour doesn't have any weather effects, since they patched that in after lanch, but seeing as how you're new to the game that might be for the better.

This is more relevant for the faster classes, but use the full range of R2 (throttle), don't just treat it as an 0-1 state button, if you know what i mean. Especially when coming out of a corner, if your tires are squealing and your backside is swerving, you're pushing down R2 too hard.

That's very helpful thanks. I assumed from the name the Startline was that beginner tour. I probably should have tried some other races before moaning on the Internet!

That's very helpful thanks. I assumed from the name the Startline was that beginner tour. I probably should have tried some other races before moaning on the Internet!

It's definitely an easy mistake to make. Oddly enough the other teaser tour, Allstars, is much easier, despite the name.

That race you mentioned (i'm assuming you were talking about Dam Busters) is one of the harder DLC races imo, although the requirements are a bit lower in Startline than in the tour it originates from. It's really fun when you get the hang of the car and the weather though. :)

Shaneus

I like you. :3
<3

I loved how much fun I had in the Civic and even the Skyline, both being lower-powered cars. Don't think we've seen many of either classes (I mean, the class the Skyline SHOULD be in) in the last few months of updates.

Sirenty

So a while back I ran a few comparison challenges to get an idea of how the best cars in the Super and Performance classes compared. The release of the Type R has upset the pecking order of the hot hatch class so I thought I'd do ten laps in each car on Old Town 1 reverse as well as do a straight line speed test to see how they all compare.

Here's my results

Screenshot_2016_02_29_19_19_31.png

I think the top 3 are pretty much as expected, if I don't use the Type R then I've potentially got 4 tenths to make up in the Megane or over a second in the Golf. Of course different tracks will vary the results, and I've put on the rankings for my times too to show which cars probably suited my driving style better.

More interesting was actually driving them back to back and feeling the differences - the golf understeers badly on the power so you really have to time it right to stop it pushing wide. The Audi is a car I usually avoid as it's too slow but it had a nice balance and four wheel drift, just a shame the engine doesn't have a bit more poke.

It's interesting comparing your's and Zal's times to mine. You both did much better with the Civic, while I was surprised to find I had to work hard to even get the civic close to my Megane time. And I usually pick the Golf over the Megane so I don't have much seat time with it. The Civic got real squirrelly in the rear if you braked too hard while turning, and I ended up fighting that a lot. Need to get smoother, I guess.

It was definitely interesting running those back to back. The beetle understeered badly, I thought. The Mini was light and jumpy. The Clio was jumpy in a not fun way. I don't think I got the Audi challenge.

It's interesting comparing your's and Zal's times to mine. You both did much better with the Civic, while I was surprised to find I had to work hard to even get the civic close to my Megane time. And I usually pick the Golf over the Megane so I don't have much seat time with it. The Civic got real squirrelly in the rear if you braked too hard while turning, and I ended up fighting that a lot. Need to get smoother, I guess.

It was definitely interesting running those back to back. The beetle understeered badly, I thought. The Mini was light and jumpy. The Clio was jumpy in a not fun way. I don't think I got the Audi challenge.

I need to send the Audi one out, I think I missed that one.

Like you say, it's strange how different cars suit different driving styles - I thought the Clio was pretty good and I really don't like the Golf.

Shaneus

Yay! So I dug up a crusty old Android phone I used to use for Ingress, and installed Marshmallow then the Driveclub app on it. Woo!

Is it only challenges that it's used for, at least for the time being?

5taquitos

Yay! So I dug up a crusty old Android phone I used to use for Ingress, and installed Marshmallow then the Driveclub app on it. Woo!

Is it only challenges that it's used for, at least for the time being?

Looks like challenges only so far, I'm hoping that we can get stats on it soon too.

krioto

<3

I loved how much fun I had in the Civic and even the Skyline, both being lower-powered cars. Don't think we've seen many of either classes (I mean, the class the Skyline SHOULD be in) in the last few months of updates.

yes, the skyline if great fun to drive - its not too bad on smaller circuits, but once you hit a track with long straits, it can be difficult to stay competitive

Auctopus

Anyone knows if Evolution studio outsource their cars? Because I came across this website and it says they build cars for Driveclub.

Possibly. Going by that list, it doesn't look like it's uncommon at all. Never really knew that.

I don't really know how game development works but maybe they build the inital models or wireframes then the textures, physics etc. are all added on Evo's end.

xrnzaaas

I knew that Forza series always outsourced car modelling to some Asian countries because of the cheap labour. It seems right that other big studios are doing the same thing since it probably takes weeks to model one car with such enormous details like in DC.

5taquitos

I had a feeling they did not such good work for some reason. Like they did some of the worse models in FM4 or something? Can't find any evidence of "bad" models in DC though.

If you select "Driveclub" in the Portfolio section, you can click the Screenshots button which leads to six screenshots of cars I'm assuming they worked on for DC.

Can 6 of your brothers and sisters let me come top 3 in a multiplayer game.

Jesus fucking christ this game needs match making, the online multiplayer is fucking so dead its disgusting.

I need to do it in Bikes obviously for my platinum trophy.

Anyone who wants to add me and help me out please do.

RoyBrown.

Can 6 of your brothers and sisters let me come top 3 in a multiplayer game.

Jesus fucking christ this game needs match making, the online multiplayer is fucking so dead its disgusting.

I need to do it in Bikes obviously for my platinum trophy.

Anyone who wants to add me and help me out please do.

RoyBrown.

I'm looking at the bikes trophy list and can't see it, what's it called?

Edit: Ah I see it now, you have to save the replay (I'll save that for later trophy). I'll be online on Saturday evening UK time if that's any use to you.

xrnzaaas

Any reason why the 'Unbeatable' trophy isn't unlocking despite me meeting all the requirements?

Did all of the challenges have other participants? Also back in the day you had to be online when they ended, but it's been fixed (I think) quite some time ago.

Did all of the challenges have other participants? Also back in the day you had to be online when they ended, but it's been fixed (I think) quite some time ago.
Yep. At least 1 other person participated in the challenges. I came out on top for all. And I was online when the timer ran out (I was excited to finally see the platinum pop!).

Did you finish the last challenge in Bikes? I just hit level 50 after completing some Bike stuff, and it didn't pop until I played a car event.

All challenges were completed with cars.

Could it be that I'm currently in the 3.50 beta?

Well I reverted back to firmware 3.15 and the trophies still haven't popped. I really wanted to get this legitimately (technically I did already) would anyone be willing to let me spam 5 24 hour challenges to them?

Well I reverted back to firmware 3.15 and the trophies still haven't popped. I really wanted to get this legitimately (technically I did already) would anyone be willing to let me spam 5 24 hour challenges to them?

They don't have to be 24h challenges, just do 30 minute ones. Also, you can send them to your alt account, if you have one. Otherwise you can send them to me, if you want, make them at least 12h though, because i'm going to bed now and won't be able to do them just after i get up. :)

My PSN is everlong416.

They don't have to be 24h challenges, just do 30 minute ones. Also, you can send them to your alt account, if you have one. Otherwise you can send them to me, if you want, make them at least 12h though, because i'm going to bed now and won't be able to do them just after i get up. :)

My PSN is everlong416.
Cool! Mines g3ud0 :). I'll make sure the challenges are quick!

Thanks for helping me out!

Edit - challenges sent!!!

Top Bottom