• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread again

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
At a bar with Jackie, gonna go back to my place and Philly cheesesteaks+ RACE THE SUN

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
gwKmdSj.jpg
at a bar painting Pokemon, mon

AcridMeat

Banned
Night hike was great and an awesome view until the fog came in and made it the worst decision of our lives.

Cabin in the Woods is still a cool movie.

Repo Man

Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ do I have a fucking hangover... Gonna need an epic repair kit to live through this to drink another day. Aint even noon yet and I'm considering polishing off the leftover vodka from last night just help myself edge closer to the light at the end of the tunnel. >.>

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Go get a hamburger and two tall boys and then watch pokemon episodes on the Internet.

kehs

Banned
I don't think I'm alive anymore.

I just cleared my thmbs up list from all depressing shit.

There's like two songs left.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I'm drinking a red stripe. My cat is chewing on my iPad.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Waiting on this stupid asshole to finish his errands so we can go to th arcade. I don't feel well.

Probably relapse in a week anyway lol.

Actually though, I just finished the book Infinite Jest, in which one of the main plot threads revolves around a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. While normally I wouldn't recommend following the advice of a novel, Infinite Jest is, well, Infinite Jest. Basically, don't look at not drinking in terms of how long you haven't been drinking, because then you'll end up thinking 'I've spent x amount of time without drinking, I feel terrible, I need something, every day makes it worse'. Instead, focus on each day on an individual basis. It's a lot easier to not drink for one day then it is to not for a few weeks. At the end of the day, though, if you are really trying to stop drinking, you should try AA. I have some friends who are recovered alcoholics, and they all say that trying to quit by themselves never worked, and only when they joined AA were they able to finally become sober.

Also, speaking on the lottery of life, one of my friends was adopted into a family worth something like three billion dollars. I mean, talk about luck.

Gvaz

Banned
one pbr down after going on a lunch date and hangout with a bro (who is cute as fuck and i'd fuck him into oblivion but is likely not into me)

i have two pbrs, what do i do with them??

Minus_Me

Be stronger than that, but keep posting here. :/

Can't have that attitude or you will

Actually though, I just finished the book Infinite Jest, in which one of the main plot threads revolves around a recovering alcoholic and drug addict. While normally I wouldn't recommend following the advice of a novel, Infinite Jest is, well, Infinite Jest. Basically, don't look at not drinking in terms of how long you haven't been drinking, because then you'll end up thinking 'I've spent x amount of time without drinking, I feel terrible, I need something, every day makes it worse'. Instead, focus on each day on an individual basis. It's a lot easier to not drink for one day then it is to not for a few weeks. At the end of the day, though, if you are really trying to stop drinking, you should try AA. I have some friends who are recovered alcoholics, and they all say that trying to quit by themselves never worked, and only when they joined AA were they able to finally become sober.

Also, speaking on the lottery of life, one of my friends was adopted into a family worth something like three billion dollars. I mean, talk about luck.

Hey thanks a lot guys, it really helps.

Minus_Me

Poor dude, but you're going through the worst of it now. Just keep strong.

I've been listening to all of this atmospheric music tonight, doing a lot of thinking.

I was lounging like mad to some ambient stuff, until my sibling burst through the door complaining about Chinese food. Now I want Chinese food but am too lazy to hitch a cab to China town.

Great track btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom