• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread: anonymous alcoholics

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Had a professor who lived in Estonia for a couple years. Had all these stories about how great it was. I think we need an expedition to find out the truth.

Andrew.

Banned
Don't feel bad. It is boring. I don't mind watching the women rolling around the floor with each other, but the dudes? Forget about it.

Wool

Arucardo, I hear that whole feminism movement is really big in Finland. My condolences. Behold the queen of the domestic American women, Martha Stewart:

ZDdpnox.jpg

coldvein

Banned
i know its not really drunk thread vibe but i was just talked into making an epic coldvein life post in the depression thread. please read it and leave your cuntish feedback.

coldvein

Banned
just for you, dickface.

"hi, my name is coldvein and i've suffered with anxiety and depression for most of my life.

it usually takes root in thoughts of uncertainty, or fear. like .. i dont know what my life is about, i dont know where i'm going, i dont think i can be as good as other people. well adjusted people. i feel this crazy electricity when i'm around other people - sometimes its hard for me to talk. its hard for me to express who i am and how i feel to other people. sometimes i feel like i'm a disappointment to my mother. like the way i am is .. letting everybody down.

but i have an ego. my life exists in my mind - even when i'm feeling shitty i know that the most important piece of this whole puzzle is ME. i'm important. i'm as important as the next guy. i've had moments in my life where i wanted to die. when i was ready to give up. when those moments have come, i've been lucky. lucky enough to look down into myself and find the will to go on. or lucky enough to have a mother around to tell me "i dont care if you want to die. i love you and you will live for me no matter what". and ill say "i dont want to" and shell say "well i did you a favor by giving birth to you, so do me a favor and just hang in there". and i have.

right now, i feel as good as i ever have in my life. i still feel fucked up. i still feel really dark and depressed sometimes. i still feel really anxious most of the time. but when i look back and think "how did i get to this point? this relative peace that i have?". there isn't a huge obvious answer that i can share with you guys. like a DO THIS AND YOU TOO CAN BE HAPPY thing. looking back, all i see is that i struggled the whole time. i fought, i cried, i suffered. i took the pills, i got off of the pills. i did drugs, i got off the drugs. i drank heavily, i still do from time to time. the only certain thing to me is that this struggle has built my character. i haven't given up and i never will. and other people see that in me, and appreciate it, and are attracted to me.

i guess my only advice is not to give up.

i've built everything on an ethic. which is not to fold, ever. adversity doesn't "come around", its always here. i define myself by my resistance to it."

EloquentM

aka Mannny
just for you, dickface.

"hi, my name is coldvein and i've suffered with anxiety and depression for most of my life.

it usually takes root in thoughts of uncertainty, or fear. like .. i dont know what my life is about, i dont know where i'm going, i dont think i can be as good as other people. well adjusted people. i feel this crazy electricity when i'm around other people - sometimes its hard for me to talk. its hard for me to express who i am and how i feel to other people. sometimes i feel like i'm a disappointment to my mother. like the way i am is .. letting everybody down.

but i have an ego. my life exists in my mind - even when i'm feeling shitty i know that the most important piece of this whole puzzle is ME. i'm important. i'm as important as the next guy. i've had moments in my life where i wanted to die. when i was ready to give up. when those moments have come, i've been lucky. lucky enough to look down into myself and find the will to go on. or lucky enough to have a mother around to tell me "i dont care if you want to die. i love you and you will live for me no matter what". and ill say "i dont want to" and shell say "well i did you a favor by giving birth to you, so do me a favor and just hang in there". and i have.

right now, i feel as good as i ever have in my life. i still feel fucked up. i still feel really dark and depressed sometimes. i still feel really anxious most of the time. but when i look back and think "how did i get to this point? this relative peace that i have?". there isn't a huge obvious answer that i can share with you guys. like a DO THIS AND YOU TOO CAN BE HAPPY thing. looking back, all i see is that i struggled the whole time. i fought, i cried, i suffered. i took the pills, i got off of the pills. i did drugs, i got off the drugs. i drank heavily, i still do from time to time. the only certain thing to me is that this struggle has built my character. i haven't given up and i never will. and other people see that in me, and appreciate it, and are attracted to me.

i guess my only advice is not to give up.

i've built everything on an ethic. which is not to fold, ever. adversity doesn't "come around", its always here. i define myself by my resistance to it."
I feel like no one's is perfect, man but you're not so different from me. shit, you're not so different from what a lot from a lot people experience but you're more well off. you notice your faults and you notice the things that are bad for you. I'm glad you have an ego about you because that's something that not many people have. its something that I have and it's kept me going strong. it seems to be doing the same for you. anyways, I just want to say that you're a great person vein and no matter how low you get we'll be here for you. I will because I know what it feels like to be shit. and I know that I'm more than that.

coldvein

Banned
I just want to say that you're a great person vein and no matter how low you get we'll be here for you. I will because I know what it feels like to be shit. and I know that I'm more than that.

i appreciate that. thanks man. i know that i've got bros who have my back. i've earned it. loyalty, strength, honor. goddamnit

Arucardo

i appreciate that. thanks man. i know that i've got bros who have my back. i've earned it. loyalty, strength, honor. goddamnit

Yeah man, I'm young, but I have your back. Don't feel bad, you've got a whole community behind you, no joke. A life without ups and downs is no life at all.

coldvein

Banned
triple cheese? my man. you got the asiago/parmesan on top i hope

i just pushed my little brother into a gun control debate via facebook and he was like "fuck this i dont want to talk about it"

PUSSY

Andrew.

Banned
triple cheese? my man. you got the asiago/parmesan on top i hope

i just pushed my little brother into a gun control debate via facebook and he was like "fuck this i dont want to talk about it"

PUSSY

I got it all. I shred it on top of the actual triple mozz. deep dish.

fatboy nights are thursdays. always has been for the past decade.

ZeroRay

Vein, you're a cool guy. I can say a lot of people have gone through the same things that you have, including me. But it's always how they come out of it that makes them unique. So yeah, keep on keepin'.

Dominos muthafuckin triple cheee comin.

Now what to play...

Metal Gear Rising of course.

Andrew.

Banned
Vein, you're a cool guy. I can say a lot of people have gone through the same things that you have, including me. But it's always how they come out of it that makes them unique. So yeah, keep on keepin'.

Metal Gear Rising of course.

Dude I returned it to the cute little chick at GS for a full refund like three days later already opened. I got Spec Ops (Which fucking rules) and paid off Infinite.

I just couldnt grasp the fucking parry to slo mo blade move. It was really sad. Maybe somewhere down the line, but yeah, I couldnt do it. I usually suck at those super fast Japanese actioners. Although I did beat Vanquish on hard and OG Gaiden. Never got fully through Bayo though. I love Platinum and Im so happy for them that this is a success.

Vanquish II pls.

ZeroRay

You missed out bro.

But props for Vanquish and Spec-Ops. Wish more games would do what they did, in regards to the type of gameplay and storytelling respectively.

coldvein

Banned
ivr really been drinking since like 9 AM. starting to get weak.

time to send out a flurry of texts to old ex girlfriends i guess

Andrew.

Banned
You missed out bro.

But props for Vanquish and Spec-Ops. Wish more games would do what they did, in regards to the type of gameplay and storytelling respectively.

I havent missed out yet. I WILL play it. It's like...I'm not ready. I'll do it though. I'm weird like that.

re4 was a game that I put off because I was literally intimidated to the bone by it and its gameplay (this was when it first released). It took me a month or so to take my balls out of my purse and of course now, it's on my top 5 games of all time. And I'm fucking old by your guys' standards.

Andrew.

Banned
you have good taste in comedy. im originally from the suburbs of philly. watching that show makes me homesick. I know everywhere they film.

Wool

hey guys do you think the internet is a decent replacement for real life

I like the internet, but I really get sick of looking at a screen. I wish the internet was on paper. Like what if the mods mailed me the new posts from all of my subscribed threads everyday? Then I could drink my coffee and read the daily posts like people do with newspaper.

Andrew.

Banned
I like the internet, but I really get sick of looking at a screen. I wish the internet was on paper. Like what if the mods mailed me the new posts from all of my subscribed threads everyday? Then I could drink my coffee and read the daily posts like people do with newspaper.

great fucking idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom