• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

drunk thread: anonymous alcoholics

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
As a non creepy interlude, High school girls have such a better sense of fashion compared to when I went to school.
I think fashion is just better now. I was 15 ten years ago and I remember typical clothing being very branding/graphic heavy. Typical fashion seems more mature now, with layers and more interesting lines and way less printing. A pair of flats, a cute slightly too small button up and a cardigan seems to be about the lowest common denominator these days. Whereas back in 2003 it seemed like the typical female outfit was jeans or short shorts and a TShirt with some dumb Abercrombie pun. Idk, the prevalence of basic clothing that's more or less unisex is kind of awesome. I share clothing with this girl I really like and it's kind if weird I guess.

Wool

I kind of agree Jtwo, but it's important to note that people always think that the current fashions are normal and sensible, whereas older stuff was bad/ugly. Remember what people thought about men wearing shorts above the knee in the 90's or early 00's? Now we're okay with that and we make fun of how people used to wear such baggy shorts. It's all just a cycle.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I don't want to move. I need to go shopping and go to to the bank and I really need to eat but I don't want to move at all.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I think what it really is is I have to deposit my pay check before I go spend money and I really don't want to drive to the bank. I could try the weird tablet upload thing.. I've never deposited a check that way before, doesn't it take like a week for them to clear when you do that?

Wool

I don't like direct deposit. Bringing a check to the bank is satisfying, and I usually need to withdraw some cash anyway. They also have free pens and tootsie roll pops.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
don't you have direct deposit

you gotta get on that
Well, I've been planning on switching banks for like 18 months now. So Everytime I'm like "I should set up direct deposit" I really go "I gotta change to redwood credit union" and that's way too much work. So yeah, I'm stuck feeding a giant piece of paper to a robot that features a really boring looking mixed race couple sitting at their coffee table.

Minus_Me

My bank is in the building where I work. I just pass by the teller after I leave the office and pick up my cash. I'm very cash oriented and rarely use cards.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah only use cards. Cash is gross and uncivilized.
I try to be a good boy and use cash at the bar, though sometimes it's just too inconvenient to do so.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I already bring a computer with me everywhere I go, I don't need some useless fabric bills. I also don't snort drugs. I don't even like to carry my ID and debit card, but I get to show off my cute little denim wallet I made from a pair of 200$ jeans that I decided to use as scrap while I contentedly say "oh yeah, I made it. Thanks."

Wool

My bank is in the building where I work. I just pass by the teller after I leave the office and pick up my cash. I'm very cash oriented and rarely use cards.

CASH-4-LIFE

I got $10 in crisp, new, $2 dollar bills the other day. I then bought a baguette with one of them at the store yesterday and the girl running the register asked me why I am spending it. I asked her if it was going to be a problem, and she said that it wasn't but that she always keeps twos if she gets them. Apparently there are people who don't know they are still being made.

Edit: It probably doesn't change anything in practicality, but I don't like the idea of being a slave to the credit card company. Fuck them. When I buy something with cash and throw away the receipt, it's like that transaction never even happened. I'm not going to get a "statement" a month later showing me a list of all the stuff I got.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Ghaleon said he ate pulled pork and Mac and cheese and now I want pulled pork and Mac and cheese so that's what I'm gonna do today.

ZeroRay

My money is made of plastic Jtwo not paper.

My teller didn't even think it was real money when I went to convert. She had to get the manager and they had to look that shit up. Apparently the CAD got a little boost the minute they locked the transaction so I got like an extra $6 out of it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
We're playing tf2 tonight? I wanna play.
I'm gonna text acrid.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Lets play those vid games because this pulled pork won't be ready for while.

balddemon

Banned
too bad it's not that easy for 95% of gaf eloquent. this website is simp central, and drunk thread is the hq

also I haven't even started on my sam adams yet, gotta wait til parents go upstairs.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
The word simp really bothers me.

I'd also really like to the etymological history of it... Is it derived from simple or pimp?

balddemon

Banned
The word simp really bothers me.

I'd also really like to the etymological history of it... Is it derived from simple or pimp?

isn't it like sissy pimp or somethin

edit: oh here u go

simp contains the root words sissy and pimp. a simp is a dude who is a sissy pimp usually has a gf so in a sense is pimpin' but is a fuckin wuss becasue he is so sprung on some hoe hints the simp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom