• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Defenders |OT| |XBLA PSN PC MAC iOS ANDROID| cross-platform coming soon

Carm

Alright, I'm fucking confused about something. All these fucking massive patches since release, I and I'm sure others assumed was because everyone needed to download the content, even if they don't personally buy it, so people can still play together. So, now DD is 75% off, and my friend just purchased the Lost Eternia Shards DLC, and then told me he had yet another fucking massive 855mb update and wanted to see if I could get in his game.

Tried joining his game and kept getting "Failed to join game from invite", even without being invited. So I Google and apparently it's not fucking true only one person needs the dlc for certain dlc, but everyone fucking does if they want to play together? And that fucking no real information error that it gave me, was supposed to be fucking changed to something coherent last year? I see a post stating they were gonna change that message, yet here we fucking are 8 months later and the same fucking message?

I swear it's like you people are fucking doing everything possible not to retain customers past this game, it's pretty unbelievable.

Edit: Yes, I was buying the DLC anyway, but I can't expect my other friends to buy it right now or anytime, so I can never host with them. Are the games on ranked based on the hosts ping or trendynet servers hosting?

Bought complete Shards DLC and the New Heroes.

Insane value for the Shards: all 4, plus the Jungle and Assault Mission Pack, for less than the price of all 4 Shards!

Picked this up in the sale and played for a few hours. Pretty much have no idea how anything works even though I supposedly did the tutorial.

I mean Im playing squire and doing well but stuff like upgrading weapons and how does loot work?

Johnlenham on Steam if anyone fancys playing :)

balddemon

Banned
Bought complete Shards DLC and the New Heroes.

Insane value for the Shards: all 4, plus the Jungle and Assault Mission Pack, for less than the price of all 4 Shards!
lol yeah, i added all DLC to my cart, and it was 8 somethin (for what I still needed to buy). then i put the shards pack in there and removed the duplicate stuff and brought the price down to 6.67 lmao. i like it.
Picked this up in the sale and played for a few hours. Pretty much have no idea how anything works even though I supposedly did the tutorial.

I mean Im playing squire and doing well but stuff like upgrading weapons and how does loot work?

Johnlenham on Steam if anyone fancys playing :)
add balddemon1 and i'll help you out. i'm addicted again, so i should be on later tonight around 10cst unless i'm playing basketball

Alright, I'm fucking confused about something. All these fucking massive patches since release, I and I'm sure others assumed was because everyone needed to download the content, even if they don't personally buy it, so people can still play together. So, now DD is 75% off, and my friend just purchased the Lost Eternia Shards DLC, and then told me he had yet another fucking massive 855mb update and wanted to see if I could get in his game.

Tried joining his game and kept getting "Failed to join game from invite", even without being invited. So I Google and apparently it's not fucking true only one person needs the dlc for certain dlc, but everyone fucking does if they want to play together? And that fucking no real information error that it gave me, was supposed to be fucking changed to something coherent last year? I see a post stating they were gonna change that message, yet here we fucking are 8 months later and the same fucking message?

I swear it's like you people are fucking doing everything possible not to retain customers past this game, it's pretty unbelievable.

Edit: Yes, I was buying the DLC anyway, but I can't expect my other friends to buy it right now or anytime, so I can never host with them. Are the games on ranked based on the hosts ping or trendynet servers hosting?

The only DLC that requires everyone to own it is the Lost Eternia Shards DLC. I'll make sure the dev team is aware that they need to change the message still.

Hm...

The Halloween Costume Pack is "standalone", isnt it? Somehow I cant really redeem it even though its in my inventory.
I have all the other DLCs, but when I get to the storepage of the Halloween Costumes, it says i still dont have it.

What to do? Any ideas?

Hm...

The Halloween Costume Pack is "standalone", isnt it? Somehow I cant really redeem it even though its in my inventory.
I have all the other DLCs, but when I get to the storepage of the Halloween Costumes, it says i still dont have it.

What to do? Any ideas?

Did you try changing the costumes of your heroes?

Did you try changing the costumes of your heroes?

Yeah. Of course. I have this problem with another game dlc too. Its strange. Cant activate both of them, since it says "problem occured. Maybe you already redeemed it."

But it also isnt in my DLC-list :(

Edit: Strange. Tried again, now it worked :)

Btw. I really wonder who translated the german version of Dungeon Defenders. Really hilarious to see how some words were translated.
Exit-> Ausfahrt (means the exit of a highway, not exit a game)
Save -> Sparen (means save money, not save progress)

Always played in english, but a friend wanted to play with me in German. Really strange translation, because some things are totally right, some things wrong :D

Did anyone happen to purchase additional/giftable copies of the Lost Eternia Shards Complete DLC at $3.74? I bought DD for my Housemate and he absolutely loves it, but I'd like to gift him the DLC as well. $7 is a little too much after what we've already spent on character packs. Happy to pay/reimburse via Paypal. :) Thanks

I picked up the Summoner during the steam sale. Does the ability "Minion Movement Speed" make the minions move faster? I'm confused why its an ability and not just a tower stat

Anyway so far its a pretty fun class to play

Going to PAX Prime? I would love to meet you! Trendy won’t have an official booth at our favorite gaming expo, but a few of us will be there on the show floor to meet and greet with the Dungeon Defenders community. If you’re going, shoot me a PM on here, please.

Raxum

Started playing this again recently, and realised I never got into full mythics originally. What's the method for getting the first sets of mythics/early mythic farming these days? Endless Spires has that ogre that spawns in the first wave now and I can't seem to survive past it on my squire.

balddemon

Banned
Started playing this again recently, and realised I never got into full mythics originally. What's the method for getting the first sets of mythics/early mythic farming these days? Endless Spires has that ogre that spawns in the first wave now and I can't seem to survive past it on my squire.

add me on steam and i'll see if i got some decent myths you can have :p thats how

balddemon

Banned
aight. what class are you, i'll set some gear aside. i haven't touched this game in a long time i hope i dont get hooked again lol.

also i pm'd you a link to my steam profile.

Raxum

aight. what class are you, i'll set some gear aside. i haven't touched this game in a long time i hope i dont get hooked again lol.

also i pm'd you a link to my steam profile.

My tower character is a squire, and I was hoping to use that for most of my farming runs for gear for other classes. Thanks for the link, can't get to the steam website from work, so as I said I'll add when I get home.

I hadn't played for a while either, kinda getting hooked, but only because a few friends picked it up in the sale and are playing it a lot. Level cap seems pretty high atm, but I guess once you get to farming NM levels...

balddemon

Banned
i've got an okay tower set that gives 1161/1014/1122/1102 just from armor. add in level up bonuses, weapons, pets and accessories geared for tower, and i think you'll be good.

A large group of Trendy employees are heading out to Boston this year for PAX East. And wouldn't you know it, we're hosting another PAX East community meetup! It's on Saturday, March 23, at 7 p.m. EST. If you want more details, send me a PM.

Can't wait to see everyone again!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
A large group of Trendy employees are heading out to Boston this year for PAX East. And wouldn't you know it, we're hosting another PAX East community meetup! It's on Saturday, March 23, at 7 p.m. EST. If you want more details, send me a PM.

Can't wait to see everyone again!
Highly reccommend attending this if you can! I had a very enlightening experience at PAX East and this was a large part of it. No go for me this time though.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Dang, I was hoping to see you again! Maybe next year. :^)
I got a pass, but it didn't make much financial sense this time around although I would have loved to talk again.
Dunno how free you are, but Noogy (Dust: An Elysian Tail) is having a panel.

I'll be at Prime though!

I did a search of Humble Bundle in this thread and got no results-I'm shocked. Doesn't the Humble Bundle get all the DLC? I got it during the last Android bundle. Haven't played this game yet, but will sometime. Great deal, no?

I got a pass, but it didn't make much financial sense this time around although I would have loved to talk again.
Dunno how free you are, but Noogy (Dust: An Elysian Tail) is having a panel.

I'll be at Prime though!

Noogy's hosting a panel? Awesome. I'll try to attend. My schedule's tight at the moment.

I'm 98 percent certain that I'm going to Prime. See you there!

I did a search of Humble Bundle in this thread and got no results-I'm shocked. Doesn't the Humble Bundle get all the DLC? I got it during the last Android bundle. Haven't played this game yet, but will sometime. Great deal, no?

Yep, ALL the DLC. It's for a great cause, too!

oxrock

Gravity is a myth, the Earth SUCKS!
I used to enjoy this game and I was thinking about giving it another whirl so I guess I was mostly just wondering if anyone even played it anymore.

Cincaid

Sorry if I'm bumping an old thread, but there's a new release for Dungeon Defenders on Steam...but it's kind of a weird one.

Dungeon Defenders Eternity

It's €19,99, but since I own the original I get 70% discount (25% + "owners can save 45% off when they purchase before September 22nd, 10am pacific"), so it's €4,99. The weird thing is that it seems to just be the original game with all (not sure?) its DLC, and some minor added touches. Supposedly it'll link the first game with the upcoming sequel, and "visible armor, pet hatching & abilities, crafting, dodging, consumables, weapon-swapping, spellbinding, "permadeath" mode."

Either way, people are pissed off in the game's forums, saying it's a confusing release and that it should have just been DLC for the original game. Also, in its current state, you cannot play single player in it.

I love the original title, but eventually stopped playing since single player just got too damn difficult. At first I was excited over this release, since it boasted "rebalanced endgame", but since you cannot even play single player (right now at least) I doubt they had my wish in mind.

Edit: A good thread on their forums with first impressions. Micro transactions and lack of single player really sours me, damn shame that they had to do this with a great game. :(

Top Bottom