• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Defenders |OT| |XBLA PSN PC MAC iOS ANDROID| cross-platform coming soon

I remember seeing that before, and it really does look nice!

I think modding takes place less now because so many games offer it these days, and the number of people who have the time for that stuff is probably small. When I had Neverwinter Nights, I thought "I'll create a new kind of familiar for one of my friends!", and it took me a good month of research just to do that - what a pain! Mucho respect for the folks who take the time to do this stuff.

Hey guys. The last time I played this game seriously was before the DLC came out and now I trying to get back in.
This game is pretty much the same as how it was then?

Hm...

Anyone had that error before???

vG9AF.jpg

Great. Only 30 minutes left and cant even buy the 2 DLCs I still wanted to buy *lol*

Very excited about the female Barbarian and robot class.

Even more excited about what comes next. Here's to hoping for that Summoner class...maybe a Necromancer!

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Upcoming Patch Notes (7.25 ETA: 3/29)
* Added New Hero: Series Ev (Premium Content)
* Added New Challenge: Karathiki Competitive Tower Defense (Premium Content, Part of Karathiki Jungle Pack)

* Apprentice Mana Bomb damage exponential ramp buffed, on the high-end can do about 10x damage than previously
* Karathiki Pure Strategy now supports 6 players
* Friendly Djinn can no longer be gas-stunned
* Added Respawning Treasure Chests to Frostdale PvP Maps
* Reduced "Rumble in the Jungle" to 12 waves
* VDay enemies much more likely to follow the player
* Improved player networked movement quality in PvP game
* Join-Requirement Minimum Level Setting is now controller-friendly, as is the Show Shops/Show Games button
* Griffon Pet projectile now deals splash damage
* Healing-plus-Damaging Pets (such as Monkey and Goblin Cupid) will favor Healing if a Heal-Target is below 50% Health
* Fixed Wyvern pathfinding on Karathiki, Fixed spawn locations on Karathiki (they're indoors now), Fixed inappropriate build locations on Karathiki, Fixed Bowling Balls breaking on the floor of parts of Karathiki

Looks like EV is almost here! Late to the party but looking stylish!

SeriesEv2-e1332384164238.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but is anyone from here going to PAX East?

you gimme a ticket ill go (im from Boston!)

But otherwise no...unfortunately broke enough atm where PAX is not feasible.
im terrible with these events last year i was going to go but somehow totally missed it :/

Maybe ill check craigslist see if i can get a tik on the cheap....you guys have a booth?

you gimme a ticket ill go (im from Boston!)

But otherwise no...unfortunately broke enough atm where PAX is not feasible.
im terrible with these events last year i was going to go but somehow totally missed it :/

Maybe ill check craigslist see if i can get a tik on the cheap....you guys have a booth?

We're going to be at Booth 808 on the main expo floor.

I'd love to meet up with some of the fans outside of PAX. Maybe we could grab some food/drinks around the city.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
So I've got 178 hours on Steam and maybe 30 or so on XBLA, most of which was solo (I have an issue with control, and a bad schedule). I've hit a hurdle where I can't really progress further until I get mythical armor, and I haven't even seen a piece yet. I've got a 74 squire, a 65 Ranger, a 58 Apprentice, and some misc. other ones in the low twenties (It took me a while to realize I was wasting my time playing local mode, hence why my time doesn't reflect on my characters). I would like to avoid leveling the other ones without first having mythical armor to make it quicker, but it doesn't seem I really have a choice.

It's just wave 9 on any map of Insane Survival, right? I know difficulty affects drop quality, so on the early maps I turn on hardcore and sometimes mixed and get to wave 13 or 14, and on the later ones just standard I can generally get to 10 or 11. Is the drop rate really that low? Should I just give up and put hours into another class to change up my strategies? The squire is excellent on the symmetrical maps and I generally prefer those anyway, but it's tough to include my Ranger because I've already hit the build cap for the level by the time I get a comfortable set-up for soloing.

edit: I guess I never considered respeccing my Squire for Health/Melee/Speed and trying to tackle the first few waves of Nightmare.

edit2: Thanks Slightly Live, that was perfect. Got my Ranger semi-specced for it and, though it took me quite a while to drop the ogre, I got my first piece of mythical.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
So I've got 178 hours on Steam and maybe 30 or so on XBLA, most of which was solo (I have an issue with control, and a bad schedule). I've hit a hurdle where I can't really progress further until I get mythical armor, and I haven't even seen a piece yet. I've got a 74 squire, a 65 Ranger, a 58 Apprentice, and some misc. other ones in the low twenties (It took me a while to realize I was wasting my time playing local mode, hence why my time doesn't reflect on my characters). I would like to avoid leveling the other ones without first having mythical armor to make it quicker, but it doesn't seem I really have a choice.

It's just wave 9 on any map of Insane Survival, right? I know difficulty affects drop quality, so on the early maps I turn on hardcore and sometimes mixed and get to wave 13 or 14, and on the later ones just standard I can generally get to 10 or 11. Is the drop rate really that low? Should I just give up and put hours into another class to change up my strategies? The squire is excellent on the symmetrical maps and I generally prefer those anyway, but it's tough to include my Ranger because I've already hit the build cap for the level by the time I get a comfortable set-up for soloing.

edit: I guess I never considered respeccing my Squire for Health/Melee/Speed and trying to tackle the first few waves of Nightmare.

Try Endless Spires on Nightmare - you can solo it with a naked (no equipment) Squire for the first wave - which would be enough to get some Mythic armour pick ups and start you on your path to Mythic loot.

I couldnt make it to PAX all weekend, i wouldve liked to even swing by the vicinity with 3ds/vita just for the hits

I would've killed for a framed artwork I read someone got and believe you me everyone heard me bitching!
though didnt read anything on a DD vita....you guys better not be slacking (and for the love of god if you do make the port do not force the touch controls!!)!!!

Hope you had fun and maybe ill catch you guys next year. This the one attraction that really disappointed me not making it....well this and the chick that got asked to leave based on her outfit...would've liked to seen that

I want to play this game because each time I boot up steam it updates. It makes me wonder if I'll have any HDD space left by the time I get around to playing it.

Just got this from Indie Royale and it runs really poorly on my laptop, lots of choppiness and clipped audio, as well as being very slow. Now according to their stats I should be able to run it so I'm not sure how to make it playable. Which sucks

Just got this from Indie Royale and it runs really poorly on my laptop, lots of choppiness and clipped audio, as well as being very slow. Now according to their stats I should be able to run it so I'm not sure how to make it playable. Which sucks

Specs?

Disable Post processing.

try a lower resolution.

Low graphics setting.

Specs?

Disable Post processing.

try a lower resolution.

Low graphics setting.

Not sure what my specs are but this said I'm ok. I've done all those changes :(

Ok Specs are:

CPU Speed
2.2 GHz

3.0 GB RAM

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Video RAM 1.3 GB
Hardware T&L
Pixel Shader version 4.0
Vertex Shader version 4.0

Realtek High Definition Audio

144.8 GB Free Space

And after updating drivers and following the above advice it still chugs :(

Quikies83

I finally picked this up (already had it on iOS for quite a while but the controls are uggghh) on Steam. Anybody interested in some co-op?

Steam handle: Quikies83

Not sure what my specs are but this said I'm ok. I've done all those changes :(

Ok Specs are:

CPU Speed
2.2 GHz

3.0 GB RAM

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Service Pack 2 (build 6002), 32-bit

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Video RAM 1.3 GB
Hardware T&L
Pixel Shader version 4.0
Vertex Shader version 4.0

Realtek High Definition Audio

144.8 GB Free Space

And after updating drivers and following the above advice it still chugs :(

is that a dual core processor? If not that where one of your problem lies. Also the other one is probably your integrated graphics card, particularly that model.

It's $15. I still play it on PS3 if you want a GAFer to play with.

I'm on the EU PSN would we be able to play together? Anyway I'm downloadig the demo to give it a try, it's a tossup between this and skullgirls really. I kinda want to get in early with Skullgirls because of how fast fighting games move.

I'm on the EU PSN would we be able to play together? Anyway I'm downloadig the demo to give it a try, it's a tossup between this and skullgirls really. I kinda want to get in early with Skullgirls because of how fast fighting games move.

The newest patches should allow PSN EU and PSN US players to team up.

Nekobo

Go with that. Feel free to add me if/when you decide to get dundef on the PS3. :)

balddemon

Banned
just rebought it for $5 on a different account. boy am i ready to play. i just don't look forward to leveling up to 90 lmao. or even 74 for that matter. whats the current power leveling method?

edit: i wish there was a way to transfer dlc :(

I bought the summoner.
Really like playing with it.

But I think 4€, the normal price, are too much for it. I think the saleprice is perfect pricepoint :)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
just rebought it for $5 on a different account. boy am i ready to play. i just don't look forward to leveling up to 90 lmao. or even 74 for that matter. whats the current power leveling method?

edit: i wish there was a way to transfer dlc :(

Depends on what you can do. Starting fresh, it's best to go through the motions of campaign, then get geared up run Glitterhelm on the highest manageable difficulty.

Or you could just join some public games and leach XP, if they let you.

Proper power-levelling would be City in the Cliffs where you can get up to 14 million XP per wave, along with the Shards maps, doing HCNMMM Survivals.

Shipwreck ruins is also perfect for mana runs, netting 200 million on NMHC solo, or 350-380 million with an alt/spare controller.

balddemon

Banned
Depends on what you can do. Starting fresh, it's best to go through the motions of campaign, then get geared up run Glitterhelm on the highest manageable difficulty.

Or you could just join some public games and leach XP, if they let you.

Proper power-levelling would be City in the Cliffs where you can get up to 14 million XP per wave, along with the Shards maps, doing HCNMMM Survivals.

Shipwreck ruins is also perfect for mana runs, netting 200 million on NMHC solo, or 350-380 million with an alt/spare controller.

hmm ok. some guy on the official forums offered to help me out and run me through aquanos lmao. so i think i'll do that and get some mana built up and some good gear then maybe do my own thing. idk. sucks i don't have NM though.

Top Bottom