• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeon Fighter |OT| Fighting in dungeons time.

Well, the 2x exp and drop weekend is over. Got a few levels on my elementalist, two good items and made some money.
16lg1f4.jpg

Decided to sit this battle out and just clutter the screen, my team is fighting back the wave of elementals to the left.

2e3r5oh.jpg

And I blew 1.8 million gold on upgrading a weapon to +12, was worth it.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
What's the best thing to do with armor and weapons that you don't need? I've been selling them back to various NPCs. But are there better ways to make money off them?

Also, what's the best/fastest route to collecting cube fragments? 100 fragments is an awful to produce just one whole cube. Lorraine and Loton have them as rewards for quests, but it's sort of a grind to make it worth it.

isamu said:
What's the best thing to do with armor and weapons that you don't need? I've been selling them back to various NPCs. But are there better ways to make money off them?

Also, what's the best/fastest route to collecting cube fragments? 100 fragments is an awful to produce just one whole cube. Lorraine and Loton have them as rewards for quests, but it's sort of a grind to make it worth it.

Take blue items and disassemble them. You'll normally only get one color frag from it but once in awhile you'll get about 100-300, depending on the level of the item. Another way is to farm Floating Castle for weightless frag and other sky tower gems to do the repeat quests for colorless and colored fragments. As for purple or higher, you won't get color fragments from them, instead you'll get low grade elemental stones that's used in crafting items. Pink items will give high grade, I'm not sure we can make items that require that yet.

For purple/pink items you can save them, sell 'em, give them away but most are kinda trash. A few items to note are the scholar armguard, flare skirt, shoulder warmer, bamboo bracelet and a few others I'm blanking on. Floating Castle can drop the bamboo, Dragon's nest has the rest of the items above.

New events goin' on, updated the event/FAQ post(#3) with some info and link.

New dungeon being added, the Tower of Illusion, careful with the volume. Here you can gain Victory points that you can use for PvP quests or for the 3rd job quests. Now you no longer have to worry about PvP'ing with your PvE centered builds.

A few things to note:
-You are given 5 invites for the dungeon a day, per character, just like you would with life tokens. Entering the dungeon uses up one ticket per member.
-No life tokens. If you die, that's it. If you want to try again you'll need to start from the beginning and use another ticket.
-You can use items.
-The new dungeon is to the left of Iris in West Coast, the other dungeons of that type will also be there once they're added, like Canyon of the Deceased.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
tiltnkirby said:
And I blew 1.8 million gold on upgrading a weapon to +12, was worth it.

When I first read this comment I immediately started scratching my head wondering what the hell you were talking about. But then I realized and discovered the virtual Russian Roulette that is Kiri's reinforcement service. I had a light Rev at +7 today, and upon attempting to reinforce it, it failed!! I was gutted to say the least, and left with a shitty taste in my mouth.

Upon doing some searching around the DFO source forums, it seems my loss was NOTHING compared to others who've had their shit downright break after upping it to like +10 and spending gold into the EIGHT FIGURE range of to get it there.

I honestly have no desire to play that particular "mini-game" anymore with Kiri. But being the stickler that I am, I'll most likely continue doing so...just not as often.

I don't understand why the devs of this game couldn't simply allow us to upgrade our equipment without some fucking chance of suffering dire consequences. Utter BS. It's starting to become clear just how different Korean devs and Japanese devs are in the 2D rpg genre. SquareEnix, Capcom, Namco, etc would never EVER pull some of the shit that goes on in this game!

Don't get me wrong I still love DFO, but some of the little things I've been discovering about it has me seriously scratching my head.

isamu said:
When I first read this comment I immediately started scratching my head wondering what the hell you were talking about. But then I realized and discovered the virtual Russian Roulette that is Kiri's reinforcement service. I had a light Rev at +7 today, and upon attempting to reinforce it, it failed!! I was gutted to say the least, and left with a shitty taste in my mouth.

Upon doing some searching around the DFO source forums, it seems my loss was NOTHING compared to others who've had their shit downright break after upping it to like +10 and spending gold into the EIGHT FIGURE range of to get it there.

I honestly have no desire to play that particular "mini-game" anymore with Kiri. But being the stickler that I am, I'll most likely continue doing so...just not as often.

I don't understand why the devs of this game couldn't simply allow us to upgrade our equipment without some fucking chance of suffering dire consequences. Utter BS. It's starting to become clear just how different Korean devs and Japanese devs are in the 2D rpg genre. SquareEnix, Capcom, Namco, etc would never EVER pull some of the shit that goes on in this game!

Don't get me wrong I still love DFO, but some of the little things I've been discovering about it has me seriously scratching my head.

Money needs to have a reason to be in this game and by draining out a ton of it with upgrade and the amount of power you gain from the higher up amounts, it's a big carrot placed in front of the player, where they want to get more gear and money to try and aim for the best stuff. They want to run the extra places they put in place for that gear and so on.

Since you seem to be still play a ranger, you will need enhancements on your later weapons to stand out. Since money could be a problem, you could just wait till level 40-45 to upgrade but do it with a blue item, since they're everywhere, they cost less to upgrade and they aren't that bad in the attack power area. Getting it to +13, or even a +12 to help farm better, would be your goal but it'll be tough but a lot easier on your wallet. Once you get a +13 level 40 or 45 revolver, you'll pretty much put your whole party to shame and easily pull their weight, in addition to your own.

Like in this, we both have the same weapon but her's is a +5 and mine is a +12:
2vhwun9.jpg

300 more magic attack on a class that deals with scaling is huge. That's 300 times 514%, for about an extra 1500 on just one attack, that's saving a lot of mana a room. It's tough but it is worth it.

And yes, I can understand people blowing millions just trying to get to +10, I spent 1 million just getting my level 40 broom to +6, luck can be a pain some times.

Raide

I tried to get this working for about 2 hours (UK based) but gave up. Hate messing with Proxies and all that stuff. Hopefully they bring it to EU at some point in the future, since it looks pretty awesome.

isamu

tiltnkirby said:
Money needs to have a reason to be in this game and by draining out a ton of it with upgrade and the amount of power you gain from the higher up amounts, it's a big carrot placed in front of the player, where they want to get more gear and money to try and aim for the best stuff. They want to run the extra places they put in place for that gear and so on.

Since you seem to be still play a ranger, you will need enhancements on your later weapons to stand out. Since money could be a problem, you could just wait till level 40-45 to upgrade but do it with a blue item, since they're everywhere, they cost less to upgrade and they aren't that bad in the attack power area. Getting it to +13, or even a +12 to help farm better, would be your goal but it'll be tough but a lot easier on your wallet. Once you get a +13 level 40 or 45 revolver, you'll pretty much put your whole party to shame and easily pull their weight, in addition to your own.

Like in this, we both have the same weapon but her's is a +5 and mine is a +12:
2vhwun9.jpg

300 more magic attack on a class that deals with scaling is huge. That's 300 times 514%, for about an extra 1500 on just one attack, that's saving a lot of mana a room. It's tough but it is worth it.

And yes, I can understand people blowing millions just trying to get to +10, I spent 1 million just getting my level 40 broom to +6, luck can be a pain some times.

yeah you make some interesting points I agree. Still the luck of the draw though. Oh and I also broke a +10 Lawless District Revolver just now...just to prove to my buddy that there was no way Kiri was gonna be nice to me and let it get to +11 :lol Didn't want it anyway :lol

MisterHero

Holy shit I did it. I finally awakened to a Grand Master. :lol

Involved selling a piece of equipment I didn't really want to get rid of but damn it all I needed those Terranites. :lol

Farming/Grinding is a lot easier now that I don't need them as much. :lol In fact, I disassembled 2 items in 10 seconds and got ~600 Red cube fragments, did the Danjin Lottery twice more (because I still didn't have the LUCKY title, and if I got 5 Bucken dolls I would've got another free shot; I had 3 already) but got 2 Danjin dolls instead. :lol :lol :lol

;_;

Tower of Illusion is pretty fun. It was a huge pain when I tried to party though, because of lag. Oh well though, because I beat it a few times. Didn't get much from it as far as items go, but that's alright.

I guess I'll follow the flow of the topic and start thinking about upgrading my gear. It's all Level 30-40 stuff but offers Movement/Attack speed that maybe no 'official' armor set can match (aside from considering other players' possible gear combinations). Besides, I have no gold to buy the Anti-Marpissa set. :lol

I actually still haven't finished the Tavern quests and Verderia. I should go after them for any skill books I don't have. It's kind of strange, after I Awakened I finally used my free Lethe's Bell and ended up with 6 Skill Points left (at Level 50). I don't know if any combination of purchased skills would leave that odd total left. I know it may have been a glitch during the Beta so I'll have to try and figure this out.

MisterHero said:
Holy shit I did it. I finally awakened to a Grand Master. :lol

Involved selling a piece of equipment I didn't really want to get rid of but damn it all I needed those Terranites. :lol

Farming/Grinding is a lot easier now that I don't need them as much. :lol In fact, I disassembled 2 items in 10 seconds and got ~600 Red cube fragments, did the Danjin Lottery twice more (because I still didn't have the LUCKY title, and if I got 5 Bucken dolls I would've got another free shot; I had 3 already) but got 2 Danjin dolls instead. :lol :lol :lol

;_;

Tower of Illusion is pretty fun. It was a huge pain when I tried to party though, because of lag. Oh well though, because I beat it a few times. Didn't get much from it as far as items go, but that's alright.

I guess I'll follow the flow of the topic and start thinking about upgrading my gear. It's all Level 30-40 stuff but offers Movement/Attack speed that maybe no 'official' armor set can match (aside from considering other players' possible gear combinations). Besides, I have no gold to buy the Anti-Marpissa set. :lol

I actually still haven't finished the Tavern quests and Verderia. I should go after them for any skill books I don't have. It's kind of strange, after I Awakened I finally used my free Lethe's Bell and ended up with 6 Skill Points left (at Level 50). I don't know if any combination of purchased skills would leave that odd total left. I know it may have been a glitch during the Beta so I'll have to try and figure this out.

No, sounds right. From gaining SP from levels and using SP books. The BEST armor combo I've seen for blademaster was the 3 piece legacy light armor, Xanacs Protective Shoulders and some belt. In total, it should give an extra 6 or 7 attack speed with some movement. Problem is, that legacy is about 11 million a piece still, with Xanacs Protective Shoulders ranging from 6- 12 million.

Well, I've reset all my mages, I now have no one to play since I have no worked out a final build with any of them. I'm kinda on the fence with my witch and will likely not play her again till the witch awakening patch. Elementalist and summoner will likely be up and running in a few days, once I pull my head outta my ass and get to thinking about them.

I think I'll make an larger section for the sub-class for more detailed info on them and basic gameplay/movesets for them. Since I don't have enough room to do them on the front page, I'll just have to make them here and link back to the post, shouldn't be too bad.

My best time for the tower so far.

dfoscreenshot00133.jpg

Fought the hell mode boss
dfoscreenshot00130.jpg

Got an AMAZING item
dfoscreenshot00131.jpg

And got more AMAZING stuff from the pots.
dfoscreenshot00132.jpg

The first of the many indepth guides for the sub-classes of Dungeon Fighter.

Today will be: THE WITCH!

Role: Damage, gathering monsters, support.

Damage Type: Mostly fixed damage, 3 scaling moves.

Signature skills: Enhanced Magic Missile, Black Manteau, Broomstick Control, Lollipop.

Strengths: AoE damage, gathering mobs, air juggling.

Weaknesses: Lower damage roof, single targets, spells will fail all the time without friendship mastery learned.

Overview:
The witch was the last class to get their awakening skills in DnF, it was also one of the last classes added into the game, besides thief. While most classes take a more serious stance to fighting and exploring dungeons, the witch on the other hand gets along with slam bosses with a fly swatter made from a cat, acid rain, an exploding doll and other magic machines. The strongest role the witch will play in a party will be to gather monsters up and use their strong AoE spells on the freshly gathered recruits.

While this sounds all fine and dandy, there is a downside, she can completely fail on casting a spell, changing the spell into something totally different, for better or worse. This is the core of the witch, chance. Her spells can work as intended, with normal damage and effects. They can fail, lowering damage done or even making the spell do no damage. To the great success, jackpot, which will change the element of the spell, increase damage and even add new effects to it. Every time you use a witch skill, you are rolling the dice but how can we tip the odds in their favor? Well, with mastery skills, not only do they help your spells work more often, they also add or extend spells under that branch so it's important to learn these skills. As was touched on before, most witch spells have no element to them unless they receive a jackpot, like acid rain or Enhanced Magic Missile.

The witch can also fly around with the iconic witch weapon, the broomstick. This broomstick lets her glide in the air for a few seconds, dashing and pressing jump will make her ascend into the air as well as give you a 6 hit, limited to 4 in pvp, air combo. An air dash is also enable for extra speed. A few moves are also usable in the air, one being broomstick spin and the other belonging to the pluto spell branch, Devolution Flyswatter. One thing to note about Devolution Flyswatter when used in the air, the attack speed is great enhanced, taking half the time it would from the ground and can even be used on backstep.

Don't expect to be soloing the hardest dungeons with this class, as you'll often be unable to beat boss HP regen with your skill damage. That's not to say you can't solo, but don't expect speedy runs like the ones shown online with other classes, at least not till a lot later on.

The witch also has strong AoE skills to lend to the fight. The main ones being Acid Rain and Lava Potion, in addition to her third tier magic spells: Gravitas, Florae Collider, ICE CAR and Flame Furnace. While these skill will drain a lot of mana from you, they do their job well and that is to blow the crap outta of anything in range.

General skill builds

A lot of witches, even if they don't intend to get the light friendship skill, take EMM. It's the core of all witch damage with amazing tracking and damage with a cooldown of 6 seconds, you should be using this as often as you can. The next is Black Manteau for controlling and moving mobs, as well as breaking super armor or to get away from a mob's attacks. As you plan a witch out, you need to see what spells you would like to learn and learn that element friendship to maximize it's power. Most people go two elements and focus on that, some like to take three or two and a half, it really comes down to how much you are willing to put up with your spells failing.

The strongest PvE elements would have to be fire and light with ice. Fire and ice for Acid rain, lava potion, Jackyl and Flame Furnace. Light gives you EMM spam, normal magic missile and maybe Collider. Dark is kinda in the middle area, it has flyswatter for summoning monsters and Gravitas. This element is more centered for PvP but it still has good PvE power. The element dust skills are a nice skill to help you buy time for more powerful skills to cooldown, since they change your melee attacks into magic and go on to beefing them with extra range and power.

One of the problems with witch, much like elementalist, is that you need to really focus on one aspect, PvP or PvE. This class is suited for PvE play, so trying to make this a strong PvP character will demand a lot of work and time from the player to bring out the most in this class. You will also find that lower level PvP will be easier since most classes, except gunner, will lack a lot of their core go to moves to fight again you.

Support skills
Ancient Library is a great skill to learn for yourself or help party members with mana problems, like launcher or elementalist. While it's not a required skill in most builds, it's for the person looking to save money on potions or maybe to help out people in need. Later this skill will also give an INT bonus, so it can also be used to help your damage as well as restore mana.

If you are looking for another supportive type spell to help, look into ancient memory. Right now, this skill's time and INT amount have been reversed, so for now it gives a flat 20 INT boost and all levels help to extend the time, however, later on it will always last 20 seconds but leveling it boosts INT gain.

Lollipop should always be learned to max level, as it helps lower failure rate for a set number of spells and is cheap at only 100 SP to master. You, will, ALWAYS get this skill on any witch you make for this point on.

The last support skill is disenchant, this skill has limited PvE uses and is more of a PvP skill, if this is taken for PvP, levels will: Expand the cast range, strengthens the slowdown on the dispelled people, ups the STR/INT buff you receive, the amount of buffs it can dispel at a time, the cooldown and cast time. If you are looking into learning this skill, level 7 is a good level to stop it if you lack the SP to spare.

Stats to gear for: Cast speed, INT, weapon enhancements.

Since Witch is a set damage class and a spell casting mage, cast time gear as well as high INT are the stats you will want to look at. Weapon upgrades should not be done till later on, as you will get very little return on investment, the only skills showing improvement from them would be EMM, magic missile, broomstick spin and melee damage with dusts.

Cloth is recommended over leather for casting heavy witch play for the cast speed and Max MP it gives, leather doesn't not offer a lot to a casting witch, even if they gain a mastery on job advance. The easiest ones to get are the level 35 and level 40-45 +magic crit purple cloth set, they aren't expensive and they do add more crit chance then the leather armor mastery does, sounds pretty win-win.

You can also opt for +MP regen gear, like the gentlemen robe(400k-900k), Scholar bracelet(2-4 million), shoulder warmer (500k-1 mil) or level 15 purple pants with +15 MP/min. While these are not required and easily replaced by using mana potions, you will quickly drain that Mana pool with acid rain and lava potion, so if you happen to get a hold of some of the pieces to use, think about using them, maybe swap to them if you see your mana pool getting low or if you want to idle as you solo for some extra regen.

Use a broomstick, it's a witch-only weapon and enables them to fly and air combo, it also does not add mana cost or cooldown time to skills like a staff would. It keeps the attack range of a staff as well and comes with a fast attack rating to boot, nifty. For some Magic missile builds, a witch can swap in a high upgraded staff for extra power, in case you were totally afraid you would be stuck with only one weapon for the rest of your life.

PvE info:
Anything goes here. Summon builds with maxed flyswatter, AoE with fire and water, melee with battle mage skills and element dusts, magic missile spam and even item witch. Take what you like and level them, it's hard to go wrong here and if you intend on using this as a PvE character, you will not be let down with the supporting power this class can give. You'll have to settle for farming lower roads without help but it's not that bad. A witch can make everyone's job 10x easier with her grab and Jackyl alone.

PvE Tips:
-Black Manteau can grab people that are standing on or a little to your back.
-Black Manteau is also a special grab, in that it can move things that aren't normally movable, or grab stuff that even a grappler can't, like the Golem tower boss.
-EMM can also track people that are near and above you.
-Don't level Shuru too much, use the points to pump jackyl, that is where the damage comes from. Enjoy his jackpot face, you'll love it.
-Careful using swatter without dark friendship, those hunters hurt a lot.
-Broomstick spin is not really worth leveling at the moment, one level is fine to use for escapes.
-Set damage means you gotta level those skills for damage, don't delevel your core skills too much.
-Magic festival is a great PvE skill to learn to speed up your cast speed and lower cooldown, MM builds love to use this to max their spamming power.
-If you do not use normal Magic Missile all the time, don't take it past 5. Use it all the time? Pump that sucker.

PvP info:
This is where it gets tough. A witch's main goal in PvP is to lock people out of areas, they are not going anywhere unless you let them. Witch also lacks a lot of good wake-up attacks and should just walk up/down once they get up, unless weapon uppercut seems like a sure dodge/land, in fact, a lot of people expect a witch to wakeup with uppercut, careful not to get stuck in another combo. You NEED mana shield max as well as at least 1 level of phase shift, as all pvp mages do. Cloth is the best armor to really use here, that 30% cast speed ain't no joke, even two rare avatars can't match that, while 2 normal attack speed avatars can cover the attack speed loss from dropping leather. Lava potion, acid rain, Jackyl will be your main weapons at poking and keep people off you as much as possible. Some witches can't learn both lava and rain but be sure to at least have one of them to use as a safe zone, but don't let your guard down, they still want you and will attempt to get you inside if they see you taking it easy, it's only there to discourage them from entering/passing, not stop completely.

Enhanced Magic Missile(EMM), which is a main tool for PvE, gets a massive nerf to it's first hit tracking, massive as in the person as to be right in front of you or it will fail to get a target but once it does find it's first target, it'll act like normal and fly all over the place. This can be a good and bad thing. Good because for summoning type classes, like mechanic or summoner, you can use the summoned units as the first hit and punish those bastards. Bad because, if they are not a summoning based class, you'll just have to toss it out there and hope they run into your range by the time you cast, it's more of a warning shot then anything to keep them on their toes, you can use this at the end of an air juggle if they aren't scaled too bad, with enough cast speed that is.

Using Death/Snow dust makes your hit box bigger, remember that. Dash jump into air pokes will trade, a lot, slayers and fighters will give you a lot of trouble since they can trade with upward slash/muse upper and send you flying, as they are only sent a few feet into the air. Priests will also do this, don't fly over their heads, instead bait them into using launcher by stopping your forward air movement just out of range of their attack then land and fire off ranged attacks, if it's a monk, air hop pokes are ok, just look out for ducking body blow and be on your guard once that priest patch hits.

Black manteau has invincibility after start-up, you can use this to evade steyr's 2nd hit on male gunner, the C4 blast from spitfire or anything as long as you got good timing, however, this will go away with the witch balancing patch and change to super armor instead. This grab also has some bullshit built in and grabs from well out of it's animation range, lag will be your biggest enemy here, as even if they were within the normal grab range, they will just walk out as if nothing happened and punish the recovery time.

Jackyl, all day, everyday. This should be out as often as you can get it out, the range on the explosion is a bit bigger then the taunt range of shuru level 5, it really gets people afraid to stay near you. A great opening attack to hide in as you cast mana shield. Another great thing about it, even if it's a failure, people will react to it by running away, it's nice to keep them honest. In addition, the cooldown time for it is lowered in PvP, making it spam-friendly. It can also be used to pull summoned items away as you go to deal with the real meat and potatoes. Even if you don't go into fire, this is one skill you'll need for pvp, get shuru to five to unlock Jackyl then level Jackyl to 1, at least, your PvP witch will thank you.

About Tier-3 spells, don't use Florae Collider unless you are totally sure it will hit or need to buy time and know they lack a range attack to get you AND make sure phase shift is up, because once that spell ends, they're coming for you. Gravitas is a great skill to use after launching people into the air with uppercut or to just random toss out to keep fear in their eyes, that jackpot can do 50%, no problem. Flame Furnace can be canceled any time with jump, so if you miss a target, stop the spell and keep them going, a good skill to keep people in corners. Ice car is a good skill for slow fighters, like exorcist or summoner but avoid on faster movement classes.

Learn to do short two-hit air combos, land then do another two-hit combo. You'll need to dash then jump and attack as soon as you see the dust kick up to keep yourself as low to the ground as possible to keep chaining these attacks for a long juggle.

If you intend on making a heavy PvP build, know that leveling skills to the max isn't really needed for all skills, so you can use those extra points to help other skills out, like leveling weapon uppercut, phase shift, friendship skills, or even learn more new stuff, like disenchant or Hodor.

Quick Rebound, always, you will be knocked down, protect yourself from meaty and relaunches with this. Careful, people may want you to do this. Indomitable Spirit can be replaced with casting speed, if you cast fast enough, you'll never be stopped in the middle of it. Skip the +crit skills. Take backstep if you want to surprise people with a flyswatter, if you don't care about that, you can skip it. SKIP ALL CANCELS ON WITCH, THEY ARE USELESS.

PvP skill Check List: What to have at the very least on a PvP witch.
Jackyl lvl 1
-Requires Shuru 5
Acid Rain/Lava Potion, one or both
-Lava requires Jackyl 3
-Rain requires Snow dust 3
Mana shield MAX
Phase Shift lvl 1
EMM, level to taste.
-Requires Magic Missile lvl 5
Black Manteau lvl 1
Lollipop MAX
Quick Rebound
Friendships, don't want failures all over the place now do we.

Pictures and shiny stuff will be added later.

oracrest

they were promoting this pretty heavily at E3. A lot of the new enemies that I hadn't seen before looked pretty sweet.

oracrest said:
they were promoting this pretty heavily at E3. A lot of the new enemies that I hadn't seen before looked pretty sweet.

They also showed some of the new priest skills, like the new standard "x" combos from exorcist, Legion of Shikigami and Blue Dragon Hammer. I think I also saw the Crusader awakening and those new maps, with those new monsters.

Today I will cover a class that is not a mage: Blade(Weapon) Master.

Role: Frontline Damage dealer

Damage type: Scaling with a few set

Signature skills: Draw Slash, Raging Dragon Slash, Backstep Cutter, Secret Slayer Technique(SST).

Strengths: Solid damage, can adapt to different dungeons by changing to the many weapons he can learn. Quickest Slayer Sub-class. Cooldown on weapon switching cut to 5 seconds, 10 for everyone else.

Weaknesses: Lacks the massive amount of active moves other classes have, has to make up for it with mastery skills. Expensive to keep more then one weapon for leveling. Switching weapons can be a pain to deal with under high pressure.

Overview:
The Blade Master is the fastest sub-class the slayer has, it also has the least amount of active skills to learn once they job change. This sub-class also has a lot of the basic moves all slayers should learn, like Upwards slash and the cancel, Ashe Fork and Triple slash. The way this sub-class stands above the rest is by changing the way they attack with their many weapons. They can also give the skills they have more power, extra hits or super armor depending on the weapon mastery level and weapon used. This is a very newbie-friendly class to use if you like upfront damage dealing, even if they are kinda boring at the start.

As touched on above, picking weapons to master and leveling the skills they power-up will be the toughest part of making a blademaster. Leveling skills your weapons will not use often is a waste of SP and a waste of time, think about what weapons sound interesting, look into the extra skills they give and start from there. Different weapons will change how you combo moves and skills together, in more ways then one, as will be explained below.

One of the most important skills a blademaster will learn, Secret Slayer Technique, will change the way your standard attack will work. Each weapon will gain a new attack animation when this skill is used and can be chained up with the normal "x" attacks for long combo strings. Since this acts just like a standard attack, you can cancel moves out of this, just like you would do with normal melee attacks, cool. Now, here is a list with the weapons of DFO, how common they are, overview and where their strengths lie.

Light Saber
Attack: Lowest Mattack: Mid
Speed: Fastest
SST: Pull out two swords and attack twice. Can be used a total of 3 times for 6 hits total. Since this attack range is so wide, this can juggle people on the ground.
Mastery bonus: 2 extra attacks for Triple Slash, can use Draw Slash twice with a chance to shock on the 2nd hit as well as powers up Draw Slash, adds a laser effect to Thrust, Raging Dragon Slash can shock.

One of the most common weapon types seen on blademasters, for a good reason, this is the fastest weapon they have, good range, strong SST and great mastery bonuses make this the easiest weapon to pick up and use. The only downside to this weapon is the poor damage but this can be seen as a good thing, as it allows longer combos in PvP and with your monster speed, it's very possible. The SST this weapon has allows it to juggle people on the ground for a shocking amount of time and can be chained with backstep cutter to keep them pinned for as long as possible as you keep ticking away at their HP, a great weapon for PvE and PvP.

Katana
Attack: Low Mattack: middle-high
Speed: Fast
SST: Slash low to the ground, range feels shorter then a normal melee attack, nothing special here. Max of 3 attacks.
Mastery bonus: 2 extra attacks on Triple Slash, can use Draw Slash twice with a chance to bleed as well as powers up Draw Slash, turns the 2nd air attack into a multi-hit attack.

Katana is...Different...No wait, let me try that again, katana sucks. The least played and for a VERY good reason. Everything it does is done by light saber, with better effect and speed. Katana are pegged as the air combo weapon but the multi hits can almost never come out without help from +jump equipment and +attack speed, so much for those air combos. Katanas are expensive to buy as well, since Soul Benders and Asuras use them, it will get pricey to buy the latest and greatest weapon for your level. Top that off with a poor SST, lower speed and lamer mastery bonuses, you can see why people don't often take this weapon, still, at least Draw Slash is more powerful and maybe the fact almost no one plays it(?).

Great Sword
Attack: Highest Mattak: Lowest
Speed: Slowest
SST: A far reaching slash forward. The slayer takes a wide step forward and brings the weapon down, gains super armor on the 2nd hit. Max of 2 hits.
Mastery bonus: Ashe fork gains super armor and can now do multiple hits on the way down, adds an extra attack to Charge Crash at the end where after he launches the enemies he charges for a quick moment and smash it down on the helpless prey, blocking an attack will counter attacks in front of him with a chance of stunning in addition to damage.

Super armor works, Great Sword gives you that armor with more damage and range. Guarding attacks in PvP and PvE become more interesting with the counter attacks this will give off, Ashe fork will no longer be stopped, you have a super armored standard attack AND Charge Crash gains an extra hit for more damage, exciting. Just a fantastic weapon to use but a bit on the slow side. Even if you don't main Great Sword(but still have the mastery at the right levels) and use it as an off-weapon, you can swap to this weapon before the move to gain the super armor or the extra blow to Charge Crash. Great in both PvP for range, power and super armor as well as PvE for the range, power and, well, super armor.

Short Sword:
Attack: Mid Mattack: Highest
Speed: Normal
SST: Looks just like a normal melee attack. I'm not sure if there is anything special about it. Max of 3(?) attacks.
Mastery bonus: Guarding will counter attack just like the Great Sword, extra attacks on Raging Dragon Slash, extra hit to Upward Slash done by using Upward Slash again.

This is not the best weapon to use but at least it's not a Katana. Short swords offer the least attack range of the weapons but is not the fastest and is in fact slower then the katana and light saber, what is up with that? Nothing to really say about the short sword, you will find a few more then Katana, are pretty standard with nothing to write home about. Well, maybe, one of the short swords does a lot of extra damage to undead type monsters, so the upcoming Canyon of the Deceased dungeon could make this a great weapon to farm it with, that, or anyone that enjoys using Raging Dragon Slash and Upwards Slash should maybe look into this weapon.

Clubs/Bludgeon:
Attack: High Mattack: Low
Speed: Slow
SST: Bash the target in front of you 5 times. Max of 5 hits.
Mastery bonus: Can not attack more then once in the air with this weapon even if Aerial Chain Slash is learned, air attacks(even attacks from backstep cutter) will send people rocketing to the floor and bounce them off of it back into the air, makes a shockwave once they hit the ground, gain an extra hit from Charge Crash just like Great Sword.

Clubs are seen but not often, still, there is something about slamming someone into the ground and see them fly back up that makes it almost worth the wait. This weapon needs backstep cutter for repeated juggling and well timed air attacks for those relaunches, YOU NEED TO KEEP SENDING THEM INTO THE AIR or this weapon's bonuses are wasted. For PvP, you can try for a lot of combo resets with cross-ups, it's very interesting. Still, if you want the most damage from on-the-ground juggles then light saber is the place to go, if you want something different that not a lot of people play that's not as bad as a Katana then try this out, just hearing that slamming sound makes you respect this weapon for the amount of pain it can cause.

Support Skills:
Over drive: Extra damage? I'm all for it but it does damage your weapons faster, so you'll have to pay more money for that durability loss unless you get...

Tempered Attack: Look at that, might want to max this as well. Less durability loss saves you money and makes it so you can run dungeons without the fear of breaking your weapon, like ever.

Flip Side Counter: Counter attacks at a set chance. Level it up if you like counter attacks. The counter looks like an upward slash.

Auto Guard: Auto guards, nothing special. The higher level this skill is, the greater the chance it will guard for you when attacked. The level of guard, not auto guard, will determine the amount of damage it will block. Not really required but it's always there if you really need that extra protection in dungeons or PvP if you decide on leveling this skill. This still use to be passive in DnF but was later patched to be a short active buff, we have the active buff version.

Guard: Blocks damage, can only block attacks in front of you, blocks some magic damage(35%) but not all. Leveling this skill will reduce the push back you suffer and the amount of damage you block. Also, if you block an attack, you'll will be free to move after the push back, so this is a good skill to use if you fear a launching attack but is totally useless if they use a grab.

Stats to gear for
: Attack speed, Weapon enhancements, STR, movement speed.

Since the Blade Master is the fastest sub-class, it would make sense that you would want more attack speed, along with more damage. Also, since this class has a lot of scaling moves, weapon upgrades will push their damage higher, along with their weapon mastery and STR. Try to go with mostly light armor but they still can use heavy armor, if you see a good piece that gives that much needed speed and lack a better light armor piece, then go for it. Movement speed is more important to PvP, but still gets some good PvE usage.

For avatars, the face and torso with attack speed will be your target. Boots for movement, body for a skill you enjoy using and everything after that is up to you. You can try for some casting speed hair/hat to casts buffs a little faster or get some MP/HP regen for dungeons.

PvE:
Pretty much anything will work here like always. Level backstep cutter, back step and the cancel, max Upward and the cancel, 5 levels of Triple Slash and Ashe fork. This will get you by for awhile. Aerial Chain Slash can be leveled but gets more use out of PvP then PvE, same with gaurd and guard cancel. Draw Slash is a BIG damage skill for PvE as well as PvP, same with Raging Dragon and Illusion Sword Dance. Be prepared to combo and combo well, use that back step to reset your positioning to keep those monsters in the air or on the ground and do not forget to use backstep cutter for an extra hit as you back off.

PvE Tips:
-You'll have to use light armor, so that lower armor will show if you decide to be reckless
-Some people only learn one weapon mastery, some learn 2 or 3. Just remember, the more points you put into those the more weapons you'll have to switch with, less SP for attack skills as well as better flexibility.
-Draw Slash is a great skill for PvP and PvE. Wide area, big damage, fast casting, how can you beat that?
-You can switch directions during Triple Slash by pressing the direction you want with the skill hotkey or input command, remember, only left and right movement.

PvP:
Movement, super armor, speed and reaction, these are the keys to winning PvP.

Use triple slash to get in and out of places, as well as Mountainous Wheel and Ashe Fork. Ashe fork has a shockwave too, so you don't have to be on the same plane as the other person, just near enough for that shockwave to hit.

Illusion Sword, Upward Slash, Charge Crash, some Great Sword moves and Mountainous Wheel(on the way down) are super armored, use them to eat attacks to stops launch attempts or to push past poke attempts. Upward only has super armor on start-up, so if two upwards meet, the 2nd will always beat the 1st because of this.

You'll need attack speed avatars as well as any equipment that does this, good luck finding that. Cancels always help to speed up your offense. They cost a lot of SP to learn and the right ones will pay off big time. A great PvP cancel skill to learn is Wave Wheel cancel, as any normal hit can be canceled into this for a combo ending throw. The weapons that can use this the best is light saber and Great Sword. As long as Light saber keeps connecting to people on the ground, you can cancel the normal SST into that if you fear that they will stand up soon. Great sword can use the massive hit box from SST to pull people in, as long as it hits something, you can use this grab cancel to pull people in. It's not the best damage but it's a little something extra.

Reactions, this comes with experience like most games. Learn to read people's movements and classes. See a grappler use the grab buff? They really want to get Spiral off on you, so be on guard. Know someone is going to try and launch you into the air? Use upward slash to beat their attack and come out on top. Be quick, don't stand still, keep moving and this means running not walking.

PvP Check List: At least have these skills in your PvP build; Level anything you find useful with the extra SP. New skills, new cancels, power-up skills, up to you.
Upward Slash MAX; Cancel
Gaurd lvl 1
Triple Slash lvl 5
Ashe Fork to taste; more levels= bigger shockwave but don't get carried away
Charge Crash lvl 3; Add more if you use it alot
At least one into your attack skills like Illusion sword, draw sword.
Gore Cross lvl 1; for people to land on after a launch
Mountainous Wheel lvl 1
Overdrive MAX
Tempered Attack MAX; unless you don't care about durability
Leap lvl 1
Back Step + Cancel
Backstep cutter
Secret Slayer Technique
Aerial Chain Slash
Quick Rebound

Still playing, Crusader is up to level 43 and man some of these dungeons are super annoying.

Been collecting the Pure White armor set and once I get a good scythe Ill probably switch to a 3 weapon combo (if I can carry the weight) with multiple crosses for various buffs and the scythe for damage.

Put the Witch on backburner for now been leveling up a fighter, probably will go grappler.

Nice looking class guides so far kirby.

evilpigking said:
Still playing, Crusader is up to level 43 and man some of these dungeons are super annoying.

Been collecting the Pure White armor set and once I get a good scythe Ill probably switch to a 3 weapon combo (if I can carry the weight) with multiple crosses for various buffs and the scythe for damage.

Put the Witch on backburner for now been leveling up a fighter, probably will go grappler.

Nice looking class guides so far kirby.

Yeah, I've seen you online a few times. Just remember to not backattack those zombies in the slums or they react with a poison cloud. Good thing you got cure.

About that weapon swapping, it takes 10 seconds to swap to another weapon so I don't know if you want more then 1 other weapon for buffs switching.

I think the next sub-class I can cover will be the grappler, since you just happen to be making one.

tiltnkirby said:
Yeah, I've seen you online a few times. Just remember to not backattack those zombies in the slums or they react with a poison cloud. Good thing you got cure.

About that weapon swapping, it takes 10 seconds to swap to another weapon so I don't know if you want more then 1 other weapon for buffs switching.

I think the next sub-class I can cover will be the grappler, since you just happen to be making one.

Hmm the 10 second thing is a fairly valid point but generally I have some time between casting buffs and heals and the weapons are pretty cheap so I dont lose much even if it is bad. Alternatively, I could just use two out of the three depending:

ex:
Full group master/kings: just use the two crosses and toss out a sphere/blades now and then and not worry about damage.

1-2 people on normal/experts: use one cross and scythe because damage matters a lot more.

So what's the best way to grind out levels? Finished pretty much all the quests except the King's Relic epic line.

Just run Lab kings over and over and do the two Aphelia dailies?

evilpigking said:
So what's the best way to grind out levels? Finished pretty much all the quests except the King's Relic epic line.

Just run Lab kings over and over and do the two Aphelia dailies?

Yep. Level 47-50 was just me farming items for about 1 and a half months. Shadow labs on kings and dailies are the only thing you can do, besides Vilmark once you hit 47.

Well finally unlocked Vilmark on my priest...dumb red cubes. 30% til 49~ I might hit the cap before the raise.

Also started soul bender and brawler as well. Good times.

I've been playing the crap out of this for the last 2 weeks. Love the game just wish it had a better server/net code. The server gives me my regional bonus in the wrong region so you definitely know it's messed up.

Yaweee

Just started this and I'm having a blast so far. Level 12.8 Slayer, mostly just doing quests and soloing Expert and Master Roads.

When I get the Manjin "pots" that have a random weapon, should I just use them?

Is there an Auction House? What should I vendor and what should I auction/sell/trade?

I have some "Suiting Up" Event quests that will give me avatar items. Are the drops for those quests super rare, or limited time only?

Can everything bought with NX points be traded and sold to other players?

I've heard a lot of bitching about how the NA version isn't nearly caught up to the Korean version. How far behind is it, and how does the rate of new content and patches of the NA version compare to that of the Korean version?

Game is unplayable for me with 4 people. First game I've played online where I'm the lagger. Either there netcode is really messed up or my isp hates the way they do pvp. I get no lag in any 360 or ps3 game that is my connections problem. I can play fine with one other person though that's hard to find people going in with just one other person on master/kings road...

I ain't done yet. It's been awhile but I've be playing dfo here and there. Had to stop playing because I wanted more fun in my life. Now that that fun is kinda getting old, I've switched back to DFO again, kinda. I have more screen shots from my adventures around Arad, in my quest to find something to do.

120owma.jpg

Mages gonna mage. In case you don't see it, a failed Fly Swatter summons an enemy Hunter but I found a glitch at the piper map that summons a friendly one if you kill one of the bosses first two forms with Swatter.

I also figured I should finish and update the guides on this topic while I'm at it.

Lots of new stuff has happened and more on the way. I've also been invited to the PTS for the new Act 5 patch, which holds the priest patch and a ton of other stuff. A real quick and dirty of the added stuff:
- Priest rework and awakening. New sprite for priest. New skills.
- level 50 Pot seller and level 45-50 legacy/Pink items
- Free backstep and backstep cancel
1) Free uppercut cancel for all classes (Mage=Weapon uppercut; Fighter =Muse uppercut so on)
2) Only 10 SP for a secondary skill cancel, instead of the normal 50 or so.
- New sprites for NPCs
- More 2nd impact music being added. Not sure if all the ones in the client are being used.
- New rating system based on combos and time, not total hits/tech/style. Much easier to get high grades.
- Some normal quests being moved to Epic
- Some quests are now chained together, like in Epic quests. Less running around, always a good thing.
- New character stat window, gives more detail on your character's stats like: Crit, mana/hp regen and a ton of other stuff.
- It seems the bosses wanna talk more.

I'll update this post or topic later, once they let people log back into the PTS.

Yaweee said:
Just started this and I'm having a blast so far. Level 12.8 Slayer, mostly just doing quests and soloing Expert and Master Roads.

When I get the Manjin "pots" that have a random weapon, should I just use them?
Only if they're better.
Is there an Auction House? What should I vendor and what should I auction/sell/trade?
Yes there is. Sell anything you don't really need. Some quest items sells for an okay bit of gold. Also potions, if you don't really need potions, selling them for extra gold is always an options. Also high demand quest items are a good way to make money.
I have some "Suiting Up" Event quests that will give me avatar items. Are the drops for those quests super rare, or limited time only?

Can everything bought with NX points be traded and sold to other players?
Some, not all. Skeleton keys, trading licenses and some other stuff. Avatars are the main thing you'll want anyway.
I've heard a lot of bitching about how the NA version isn't nearly caught up to the Korean version. How far behind is it, and how does the rate of new content and patches of the NA version compare to that of the Korean version?
DnF has been around for a long ass time, so yeah, they're ahead. The thing about the NA patching is, they're picking bits and pieces from updates all over the place from the KR version. Before they had the in-game recorder, they had level 60 and outer world, the end-game dungeons for DnF. But we had it at the start, along with expanded hotkeys but no end game dungeons, so yes we are behind and if you asked me this question at the start of the year, I would have said we would never catch up but now? Maybe we will, in a year or two that is.

You know, those are some pretty good questions. I feel terrible not answering them right away. Sorry buddy.

oracrest said:
I love that your Witch is named Salem. I grew up just a few towns away :D
I do too but not for that reason.

Back from the PTS, servers are down but I got a lot of cool info from messing around and screens too. However, I have so many, I'll just link them if you wanna see 'em.

-A few NPCs have new sprites, not many, Seria, Canna and a few others.
New Seria sprite Got lost in the forest

-New character select screen and server/channel
Mage Priest Channel select Server select

-New stuff
Character stat window Dungeon results

-Skill rebalancing
Smasher(Priest) Quick rebound(General)

-Misc stuff
New summon for witch: Goblin archers (1) (2) Tau (1) (2)
Boss trash talking: Dragonoid Ice Mage Fire Mage

-For fun
Fast leveling
Goblin archers, on the move
How do I spend all this NX they gave me?
Even Tau monsters like flowers.

Total skill rebalancing for everyone. Revamp of Dragonoid nest and Puppet in the Sky Tower. New rating system for dungeons. The load times feel faster. The game will now start in window mode, if you set it to that in the options window. New quests, some of these quests give more stat boosting items, as well as 2x EXP potions, neat. Some dungeons, like the Coastal junction dungeons are now a lot higher level then before. Mail is now given to you for important/tough quests when they become available. New music from the 2nd impact update in DnF earlier this year. More free skills once you job advance for the first time, so good.

New update is on the way. Act 6 will have the Female Gunner class gain their awakening skills as well as a new town with 3 new dungeons, level 55-60.

A new event where you are given free items everyday. Just log into the site and redeem your items from there, they'll be doing this from the 8th to the 23rd. Aside from the items everyone gets, a few lucky people each day also get extra items. Both items will expire if you don't claim them daily and the current gift of the day will be shown on the event page.

New class has been released on the Korean test servers, the male fighter. Currently they only have two sub classes to play with: Nen Master and Brawler. Just like the female gunner, the male fighter will have different twists to the fighter's moveset.

Male Nen master vs 1st Spine wisps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75-gRPAqoKI

Male Nen master at 2nd impact dungeon Sudden attack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRTdHvYtJCc&feature=related

isamu

tiltnkirby said:
New update is on the way. Act 6 will have the Female Gunner class gain their awakening skills as well as a new town with 3 new dungeons, level 55-60.

A new event where you are given free items everyday. Just log into the site and redeem your items from there, they'll be doing this from the 8th to the 23rd. Aside from the items everyone gets, a few lucky people each day also get extra items. Both items will expire if you don't claim them daily and the current gift of the day will be shown on the event page.

New class has been released on the Korean test servers, the male fighter. Currently they only have two sub classes to play with: Nen Master and Brawler. Just like the female gunner, the male fighter will have different twists to the fighter's moveset.

Male Nen master vs 1st Spine wisps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75-gRPAqoKI

Male Nen master at 2nd impact dungeon Sudden attack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRTdHvYtJCc&feature=related

Wow I had forgotten all about this game :lol: This is interesting news, and could possibly get me back into DF0!!!

possibly

isamu said:
Wow I had forgotten all about this game :lol: This is interesting news, and could possibly get me back into DF0!!!

possibly

Well, we'll see if there is more to it then that. It seems kinda empty for a major game update.

One thing to note, the items that you redeem will expire in the mail in the standard 15 day once you receive so be sure to take them out some time within that time period.

I'm just starting. Got a lv.15 priest in one day. This game is addicting! If it werent for that damn fatigue Points system. Thinking of setting up a second char in the downtime and turning my priest into either an exorcist or Avenger.

Playing this game on my old SSF4 fightpad is gdlk. Although I cant use the LT or RT buttons (Z axis) it controls phenomenally.

Seeing the other first timers awed because of my +5 axe glowing was cool, I walked thru a chan and recieved no less than 10 party requests in 5 mins was pretty cool!

my username is Vagabond1 and char name is vagabond00 . Looking for someone who could show me some of the ropes and lvl up with if youre starting a new char yourself!

The Abominable Snowman said:
I'm just starting. Got a lv.15 priest in one day. This game is addicting! If it werent for that damn fatigue Points system. Thinking of setting up a second char in the downtime and turning my priest into either an exorcist or Avenger

Avenger will not be in any time soon, as the last time they tried it they ended up too broken, so they were scrapped from the test servers on DnF and with the lack of fan interest, they were left on the cutting floor.

New update coming, Act 8, next week on April 14th.

What is being added:
-Monsters will invade town on Thursday and Saturday from 5-6pm PDT. Fighting will earn you life tokens, item drops, some exp, demon invites and even a 1-day title.
-Professions are being added. Alchemy, Grinder, Animation and Enchanter
-A light client, the game will only install the barebones to get started and download skills, avatars and other stuff as you play for a smoother experience, reports say pvp lag has been cut down because of this.
-"Better" party connection checking. I don't know if I like this, I would have liked it more if the game warned me that a laggy person entered the party instead of, what it sounds like, out right prevents them from joining.
-A new system for guilds called "Guild Express". The more people on at the same time for a guild, the more EXP you get. When in a party with guildmates, you get better item drops.
-NPC friendship system. Going hand in hand with crafting, NPC friendships will allow you to get items from NPCs that will not drop in dungeons and are used in crafting. Different NPCs like and dislike different stuff, it's like harvest moon, but you can't marry and they give you stuff, most of the time. Different tiers of friendship will yield different items for you.

What has been added since Christmas:
-The first Chronicle item set. New dailies for chaos stones used in all chronicle quests.
-A new quest for Tower of Death for stat and healing potions. As well as chaos stones for Chronicle gear, both are repeatable but you need to have the quest on you to collect the items from the tower, the quest items will not disappear if you drop the quest, if you are overloaded on quests and need to free up some space.
-All classes now have awakening.
-Rebalancing of DFO early game and quests. Grindy quests have been nerfed and tech/style quests have been removed in favor of combo quests. More life tokens for lower levels and easier bosses in early levels. New purple equipment for epic flagged quests.
-Hell's Party added. Hell mode has been redone. There are now 3 levels of hell mode, epic items only drop on the hardest mode. The more party members in with you as you clear dungeons, the more likely a hell party will arrive at the start of a dungeon. Hell's party pits you against APCs, NPCs that look like players, some with interesting themes. You can now buy Epic items from the Priest trainer Grandis using the demon eye stones gotten from grinding Epic items or dropped from the hell's party enemies.
Edit:
Level 55 items are in. Including 55 Epic quality items.

isamu

So Tinkerby, what the latest dude? You haven't posted lately. Anything new coming down the pipe for DFO? Is a new build or patch coming soon? I'm gonna be jumping back in next month, for the first time in almost a year and will start a couple new characters. Hope I don't end up spending any money the way I did the first time through LOL.

By the way, I'm looking for other 2D mmo/action games that are similar to DFO. What are some good ones?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Man I completely forgot about this game. I'm curious about the XBLA version, but I may give the PC version another shot.

I remember it being a hell of a lot of fun for a few days but then it died out real quick.

Raide

Tomat said:
Man I completely forgot about this game. I'm curious about the XBLA version, but I may give the PC version another shot.

I remember it being a hell of a lot of fun for a few days but then it died out real quick.

Most of it seems to suffer from Korean Grind Madness. As they add more content, that will start to vanish but the early stuff was an horrific grind at later levels.

Hopefully we get more solid info at E3.

isamu

Where the heck did Tinkerby go?

isamu said:
Where the heck did Tinkerby go?

I'm still here, just, uhhh, playing dfo.

New update! And it's a big one at that.

The thief is coming out, finally. She comes with her two sub-classes: Rogue and Necromancer around June 15th.

A few more updates to this new act are going to be release next week.

A something you missed while this topic was dead:

Otherverse, the end game dungeons are here. The powerful chronicle 2 gear and cursed items are in as well. Think of it like DFO's equivalent to raiding.

Karish

Woa. Weird to see DFO get bumped like this on the front page.

Make sure you guys sign up for the Dragon Nest closed beta, applications are closing soon. The game will be AWESOME.

E3-Dragon-Nest-1-e1277434396897.jpg

isamu

Blakero said:
Woa. Weird to see DFO get bumped like this on the front page.

Make sure you guys sign up for the Dragon Nest closed beta, applications are closing soon. The game will be AWESOME.

E3-Dragon-Nest-1-e1277434396897.jpg

wow...Dragon Nest looks nice!

isamu

OMFG TINKERBY REJOOOOOIIIICE WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

all I can say wow.....wow.......wow....

W_O_O_O_O_W_!-!-!-!-!-!

The fatigue point system is.......HISTORY!!!!!!! OMFG this is GRRRRRREAT news!! This was my MAIN beef with DFO!! Now I can play for 8hrs straight!!!!!! Woohoohoohoo!!

Oh man, this is perfect timing. I am planning of getting back into DFO on June 5th(my B-Day) and what a great present they've given me. Thanks you soooo much Nexon!! Woot! :D

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
isamu said:
This was my MAIN beef with DFO!! :D

I haven't played in awhile.

Can we respec whenever we want to now? It kinda sucks if you pick one wrong talent point (or was it sp? I forgot) your forced to suffer for it.

isamu said:
excitement

I don't really know what it means, honestly. Someone said it could be a cash shop item that gives you unlimited FP for a few days or it could really be limitless play for all.

The problem I have with that is, the game was balanced around the FP bar, even if it was there to limit people's play, Neople gave people in DnF tons of stuff to do along with use FP.

The problems I can think of, if this system has no kind of draw back, is this allows the bot runners to just farm and level without limit. More gold will enter the economy with nothing to spend it on, other then upgrades and a few otherverse potions. I already had a hard enough time burning all my FP on a character without doing something else, it really only effected the early levels and people who want to get to the grinding wall sooner.

The good things I can see from this is, while not likely, cheaper common rares and armor sets but this also could make it so the bot teams hold a monopoly on the non-chronicle 2 gear from ancients and other places since they're running those places non-stop. Could also make those entry items rise in price but with people running the higher dungeons more often and gaining all those entry items hand-over-fist, it could just destroy the market as well. We'll find out around June 15th, I have a feeling they'll put this new system in(if not a cash shop option) and quickly take it out, stating the normal "We're looking into the data we collected." i.e: We fucked up this game pretty badly, we'll fix that. If they could crack down on bots and hackers with more accuracy, the system would sound a bit more appealing.

I don't think they will give us another free reset like last year, Showmeyamoves. Last year's was required for the skill balance that the priest patch introduced. The next guaranteed skill reset is the patch that comes with Second Impact, as it, once again, changes everything up.

For now, we got a cash shop item that allows for unlimited resetting of all your characters for 1-7 days but you'll return to your old build on all characters once it expires, unless you buy another cash shop item, a skill seal, to set that build in place, however, once you do, that contract cash item that allows for unlimited resetting goes away no matter the remaining time on it.

We will have the ability to have dual skill builds, so you can have a pvp centered build and a pve build that you are free to swap between while you are in town. I have no idea if it's a cash shop to unlock it or if we are given it for free.

isamu

All I know is that this is a game changer(pardon the pun) for a lot of people. According to people on the DFO Source forum, it's going to bring in an influx of new players and bring down prices for a lot of good items, which is very exciting. Yeah, some people are bitching and moaning, but ya can't please everyone :)

isamu said:
All I know is that this is a game changer(pardon the pun) for a lot of people. According to people on the DFO Source forum, it's going to bring in an influx of new players and bring down prices for a lot of good items, which is very exciting. Yeah, some people are bitching and moaning, but ya can't please everyone :)

Well, whatever because that doesn't matter anymore.

The new things we are getting for this new update is big, really big.

2nd impact!
Here is a list of stuff that'll be added that I can pull off the top of my head:
-Level 70 cap
-Two new equipment slots
-New EX skills and TP system, upgrading current stats/skills or gain new EX versions
-New town and dungeons to level in
-A new rare item tier that can only be gotten from...
-New difficulty, Hero's Road for level 60+ dungeons, the new rare tier will drop from this road
-New EXP curve, saying to lower the amount needed to level by 40%
-Set damage skills upgrade in damage with your character level as well as skill points

Ultratech

tiltnkirby said:
Well, whatever because that doesn't matter anymore.

The new things we are getting for this new update is big, really big.

2nd impact!
Here is a list of stuff that'll be added that I can pull off the top of my head:
-Level 70 cap
-Two new equipment slots
-New EX skills and TP system, upgrading current stats/skills or gain new EX versions
-New town and dungeons to level in
-A new rare item tier that can only be gotten from...
-New difficulty, Hero's Road for level 60+ dungeons, the new rare tier will drop from this road
-New EXP curve, saying to lower the amount needed to level by 40%
-Set damage skills upgrade in damage with your character level as well as skill points

Yep, HUGE update for everybody.
Although it makes you wonder what they still have up their sleeves for the 15th...

Ultratech said:
Yep, HUGE update for everybody.
Although it makes you wonder what they still have up their sleeves for the 15th...

In their web show, the blabberbox, they had a white board in the back with a few things written on it, one of the things they had was level 70, which we now are getting and another was male fighter. Two whole classes in one update? I'd wanna save that ace for last as well but we'll find out on the 15th.

If anyone was turned off by the grindy-ness of the old DFO from a year back, this update is the best time to get back in or try it out. 40% less exp to level to 60 in addition to unlimited play? I'd say you could easily make it to level 30 in one day of playing.

And since we're getting level 70 stuff and very likely the skill rebalancing for the 70 cap, looks like we all get skill resets, again.

Edit: Also, maybe avatar emblems, they are pretty important for the whole min-maxing of your character.

isamu

Wow. Don't know what to say. They are just trying to make me a fucking crack fiend with this damn game!

Kirby, I will start playing DFO again next week. Will these new changes that have been announced take effect by then?

isamu said:
Wow. Don't know what to say. They are just trying to make me a fucking crack fiend with this damn game!

Kirby, I will start playing DFO again next week. Will these new changes that have been announced take effect by then?

The best guess is the 15th or 16th of June, so you'll be one week early.

Top Bottom