• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara |OT| Wel-Wel-Wel-Welcome to the D&D world!

A.E Suggs

Game isn't active but I have it on ps3 so if anyone wants to play PM me. I'm not sure I'll check this topic often is why I say that.

Dave Long

Banned
Wii U seems likely to come next week as they have said June all along and it didn't appear this week.

I'm guessing they also didn't want to go up against Super Luigi U and Game and Wario either. Makes sense to wait a week and make a bigger splash.

Yes Boss!

Wii U seems likely to come next week as they have said June all along and it didn't appear this week.

I'm guessing they also didn't want to go up against Super Luigi U and Game and Wario either. Makes sense to wait a week and make a bigger splash.

It should look pretty good on the Gamepad. Assuming Gamepad support!

I don't even have my Wii U hooked up to the TV. Just been using the Gamepad for the last six months.

SkylineRKR

This game is fairly excellent, but I do kind of grow tired by Iron Galaxy's handling. Their visual options flat out suck, and they cut out stuff too. I wished Proper games did this, Final Fight Double Impact is one of the best arcade games I played on PSN (its only downside is the lack of a button config). Love its front end as well.

If the retail version of DD is indeed superior, I might cave.

Dave Long

Banned
It should look pretty good on the Gamepad. Assuming Gamepad support!

I don't even have my Wii U hooked up to the TV. Just been using the Gamepad for the last six months.
I often won't turn the TV on when I play the Wii U.Or I'll let someone continue watching TV, etc. It's just a great option to have.

The Gamepad is awesome. Awesome is the Gamepad. I wish more people would start to realize this.

AmyS

I'm thinking about importing the Japanese PS3 retail disc in August, since it is being done by an internal Capcom team staffed with developers of the original coin-op versions.

Typical Iron Galaxy; they cut intros, attract, score screens etc..Always makes the package somewhat lifeless. Arcade ver is pretty decent, introducing chars:

http://youtu.be/fpuuGxJv8N4

My biggest complaints are the video options though, can never get their games to look good. Especially seeing what M2 and the likes can do.

o_O I didn't realize until now they cut the intro. I even made several animated gifs from it like twelve years back!

kick51

Banned
also, no coin insert = no "Welcome to the D+D World!" if it's in there, I didn't find it in my light searching.

Is there a script or VA faq somewhere? I can't understand like 90% of what these characters are saying lol

Is it just me or does the Cleric whenever he heals someone yell "C'mon Seriously!"?

If I were to guess, he is trying to say the name of the spell which is Cure Serious Wounds except in Engrish. But C'mon seriously is more apt because that's probably what you would say to the guy next to you every time you have to save his ass.

Funny thing also is that the Thief is voiced by the same actress as Capcom's favorite soul-fisting succubus.

If I were to guess, he is trying to say the name of the spell which is Cure Serious Wounds except in Engrish. But C'mon seriously is more apt because that's probably what you would say to the guy next to you every time you have to save his ass.

Funny thing also is that the Thief is voiced by the same actress as Capcom's favorite soul-fisting succubus.

It shouln't be that, since the speech bit is the same no matter what spell the cleric uses on the other player (i.e. it's the same as well with Striking, etc.), and not, for some reason, the actual, spell-specific speech used when he casts it on himself (which is quite identifiable as, say, Cure Serious Wounds).

It's entirely unintelligible, for me at least as a non-english speaker. If anyone can make any sense of it, it would solve a decade+ long riddle for me. :D

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
It shouln't be that, since the speech bit is the same no matter what spell the cleric uses on the other player (i.e. it's the same as well with Striking, etc.), and not, for some reason, the actual, spell-specific speech used when he casts it on himself (which is quite identifiable as, say, Cure Serious Wounds).

It's entirely unintelligible, for me at least as a non-english speaker. If anyone can make any sense of it, it would solve a decade+ long riddle for me. :D

I believe he's saying "Behold this faith!" which kinda makes sense since he's supposed to be calling on his god for the healing.

I believe he's saying "Behold this faith!" which kinda makes sense since he's supposed to be calling on his god for the healing.

Seems to have at least an additional syllabe to it. I could see "Behold this" but "faith" is definitely not it.
Unless it's "Behold this faith-uh". :D

So after playing Tower of Doom last week I'm finally working on Shadow Over Mystara, using the Thief. I'm enjoying this one more than the first game. I felt Tower was pretty good, but Shadow is great so far.

Coda

I'm excited for the Wii U version but it better be out this week. I recently picked up this nifty PS2 to Wii adapter:

sku_23206_1.jpg

http://dx.com/p/playstation-2-ps2-to-wii-controller-adapter-13-5cm-cable-23206

It's great because it supports arcade sticks and I own a Darkstalkers PS2 Sega Saturn pad so it works awesome with the converter. The mapping is a little weird at first and I had to make an evernote to jot down the config, but it works with no input lag. The Mayflash PS2 to Wii doesn't work with arcade sticks, and this is cheaper. Totally recommended for Wii/Wii U owners.

I've been playing Mega Man X with the Saturn pad, now I want D&D!

I'm excited for the Wii U version but it better be out this week. I recently picked up this nifty PS2 to Wii adapter:

sku_23206_1.jpg

It's great because it supports arcade sticks and I own a Darkstalkers PS2 Sega Saturn pad so it works awesome with the converter.

Can I just say that I am very jelly right now? Because I am. It's like the one remote I really want but I just can't find any at a good price. Triple digits for a non fightstick is too steep and that's all I can find it.

Coda

Can I just say that I am very jelly right now? Because I am. It's like the one remote I really want but I just can't find any at a good price. Triple digits for a non fightstick is too steep and that's all I can find it.

Yeah they are pricey. I got mine for $80 but I can truly say it was worth every penny. I get so worried about breaking it or losing it because it really is the best classic controller. Keep searching, I'd say $100 while truly pricey is still worth it.

Here's a link to the converter if you are interested:

Yeah they are pricey. I got mine for $80 but I can truly say it was worth every penny. I get so worried about breaking it or losing it because it really is the best classic controller. Keep searching, I'd say $100 while truly pricey is still worth it.

Here's a link to the converter if you are interested:

At the prices I've seen, even $100 isn't so bad, the cheapest I saw it for was a little short of $200. No way will I ever get one at prices like those :(

Coda

Yeah that's a lot. I'd check the shoryuken.com trading/selling forum, as that's where I got mine. I see people put up Saturn pads pretty reguarlly there. I find that looking for a pad like this takes time and being at the right place at the right time.

Whoa, that's awesome, didn't have a clue such a thing existed! Am I right in assuming it emulates a Classic Controller on the Wii and Pro Controller on the Wii U? I don't actually have a Wii U and am not sure if they're actually the same as far as the Wii U is concerned. I also assume the "weird mappings" you mention are only for your Saturn controller and not for the standard PS2 controller?

Coda

Whoa, that's awesome, didn't have a clue such a thing existed! Am I right in assuming it emulates a Classic Controller on the Wii and Pro Controller on the Wii U? I don't actually have a Wii U and am not sure if they're actually the same as far as the Wii U is concerned. I also assume the "weird mappings" you mention are only for your Saturn controller and not for the standard PS2 controller?

Yeah it emulates the classic controller for the Wii so any Wii U game that supports it like virtual console games and some newer Wii U games it will support.

I haven't tried it with a normal Dualshock2 because I don't really care too much for that controller, but it's strange concerning the button config. I was able to figure out what mapped to what using "Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition" because the virtual console mapping is kinda weird, whereas the TTT2 menu just lets you press the button to config. But going back in menus is L2 which is strange. It may just be how it reads the Sega Saturn PS2 pad, hard to say. Once I got used to it and figured out the config it was fine and a joy to play with, mainly for the great D-Pad it has. Here's the config for it:

PS2 Saturn = Wii
A = A
L2 = B
X = X
B = Right Bumper
Y = Left Bumper
C = L Trigger
Z = Y
L2 = B
R2 = Right Trigger

Extra notes:
L Bumper (L2) always B in menus
R Bumper (R2) always virtual console menu

Yeah it emulates the classic controller for the Wii so any Wii U game that supports it like virtual console games and some newer Wii U games it will support.
[...]

I see. I thought there would be no significant difference from the Wii's Classic to the WiiU's Pro controller so that support for one would mean support for the other, but I guess not. Ah well. Thanks for the info anyway!

vampirism isn't so bad in online multiplayer. people die less which results in less spell spamming. less spell recharging if they keep on living :)

damn! i didn't realize that. what a strange game to region lock. but then I have the USA one...

Yeah they announced the region lock before it released the first time, Atlus mainly announced it to say the lock is a one time thing. The region lock wasn't so bad at first because Japan and US got the game weeks apart but it became a problem when the EU release got pushed back and eventually released over there a month or two ago.

eXistor

So....no word on that WiiU version right? It didn't release again today. Is it even coming out in Europe? I might just import the physical PS3 one if not.

So....no word on that WiiU version right? It didn't release again today. Is it even coming out in Europe? I might just import the physical PS3 one if not.

Checked the eshop today, its been updated here in the UK but still no D+D: Chronicles of Mystara

why why why?!?!?

Raitaro

Typical Iron Galaxy; they cut intros, attract, score screens etc..Always makes the package somewhat lifeless. Arcade ver is pretty decent, introducing chars:

http://youtu.be/fpuuGxJv8N4

My biggest complaints are the video options though, can never get their games to look good. Especially seeing what M2 and the likes can do.

= My exact sentiment as well. Why take the time to re-release a game that only diehard fans will care about for the most part, but then (A) take out things that people associate with the game (even if intros etc. are superfical, they still add to the experience of the total package!) and (B) include only visual options that (in my opinion; see earlier post) all pretty much make the game look terrible. I simply couldn't finish watching the Let's play from the Two Best Friends (+ Woolie & Liam) because even that looked like a blurry mess of scanlines!

A real shame because a treatment such as this pretty much destroys the once in a lifetime possibility that these more obscure games have of getting a good (legal) museum treatment in which they are preserved correctly.

duckroll

Don't worry, for those looking for an authentic preservation of the arcade games, there's still the Japanese retail release to hope for. It's looking pretty good! :D

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Just 0 credited TOD with the Fighter on Knights Difficulty (No Red Dragon). God dam the beholder pissed me off so much with its cheap grabs

I could probably 0 credit the Red Dragon but Id have to work at it for a bit.

Top Bottom