• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara |OT| Wel-Wel-Wel-Welcome to the D&D world!

Yeah at this point I will probably just wait for the PS3 retail release.

Maybe I will pick up the PC version when it is at a decent discount as well.

Just 0 credited TOD with the Fighter on Knights Difficulty (No Red Dragon). God dam the beholder pissed me off so much with its cheap grabs

I could probably 0 credit the Red Dragon but Id have to work at it for a bit.

very nice. i wish there was a trophy tied to that.

What's the best way to play Syous? He has awesome spells, but they're pretty much only enough to wipe out one screen of enemies, not to mention that he gets on other players' nerves pausing the action all the time. Should I go with using his wands all the time instead?

What's the best way to play Syous? He has awesome spells, but they're pretty much only enough to wipe out one screen of enemies, not to mention that he gets on other players' nerves pausing the action all the time. Should I go with using his wands all the time instead?

Yep, pausing the action every now and then can get on other players' nerves. To get around that and make them actually appreciate it, time your spells so that they save them (ex. when the players themselves are getting hit themselves, and especially to provide invulnerability through stuff like the red dragons' rock shower). Alternatively, use them all at once when the boss is out of range. The most "unnerving" component of his spells for other players is being interrupted in the middle of a combo, so as long as you don't do that often, they shouldn't mind (if they do, it's them who should adapt!).

Aside from that, Syous (and D'Raven) have that nasty trick dagger of them (forward + attack). It has a 5% chance of delivering a critical hit that takes a huge chunk out of bosses bars (I believe it's actually a percentage of the life of each enemy it hits, so it's more effective on bosses). To maximize dagger strikes, chain them along with normal attacks and "hold attack". The Magic Users can combo all these exceptionally well. Finally, his "from above" attack on downed enemies seems to deal a lot more damage than his normal attacks, since he also uses his dagger.

Other than that, in multiplayer games nobody should complain if you stay away from normal enemies; you're the least durable party member after all, and the boss killer. Indeed, they should actually go out of their way to protect you.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
I need a cleric to come with me so i can get the holy avenger in one of the stages. Hit me up if anyone is free.

Stream ID is: OrinX

Just had a co-op marathon session of ToD and SoM last night. Laughed when the villager asked me three times whether we wanted to fight the dragon in ToD and then we proceeded to get whooped.

ToD and SoM are very different games when played back-to-back. ToD's cadence is a bit slower and strategy-oriented and SoM is more action-focused and combo-friendly. Such an awesome classic to play again.

what's the best way to avoid petrify in ToD? wiggling sometimes just doesn't save me.

If I remember correctly, if you're below a certain amount of health wiggling won't save you no matter what. I think petrify does a set damage then does damage over time until you "break free"; if at any time you fall below 0 HP, you're pretrified.

Aside from that, there's two ways you should be opening chests. Either by trying to lift them (from above) to spring the trap (and save a key), or from below (unlocking them). Moving away straight up or down from those positions avoids all the traps, be it fire, landfall, arrows, petrification or gas.

I need a cleric to come with me so i can get the holy avenger in one of the stages. Hit me up if anyone is free.

Stream ID is: OrinX

In case you don't get anyone else to help with this, you can always fire up a second player locally, control it yourself and do just that. :)

If I remember correctly, if you're below a certain amount of health wiggling won't save you no matter what. I think petrify does a set damage then does damage over time until you "break free"; if at any time you fall below 0 HP, you're pretrified.

didn't work at full hp or i was just too slow. i think i was just too hasty with the chest opening. bad habit with all that online play :)

just seen the update purview for this week's wii u eshop on cvg, still no d+d, i'm guessing tbc means in this case to be cancelled.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
sucks you can't play a combination of online and local multiplayer. was that too hard to implement or what?
It is pretty dumb to find out it didn't work as it should. What if I have someone to play at my side AND a buddy online? This will kill the mileage I'll get from the game for sure.

It is pretty dumb to find out it didn't work as it should. What if I have someone to play at my side AND a buddy online? This will kill the mileage I'll get from the game for sure.

yea, we tried to do this yesterday and it didn't work. it's hard to find 3 more people to play this locally. i was hoping to fill up the remaining spots with other people online. it's a disappointment.

just seen the update purview for this week's wii u eshop on cvg, still no d+d, i'm guessing tbc means in this case to be cancelled.
It's not canceled, it's still in the "coming soon" section on the eShop and it was one of NOA's featured games at E3. Who knows what's with the delay?

Hopefully DuckTales Remastered goes better than this is though.

Coda

I'm sick of waiting too but it's something I know I can wait for. If it was a major release I was dying to get it would be hard to resist getting it on another platform. Still gonna wait for it to hit Wii U though, the gamepad play is so enticing.

Gannd

Banned
I keep wanting to buy this thing to play on my Wii U and Capcom and or Nintendo don't want me to spend money. It shouldn't be taking this long.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
How the heck do you get enough XP to get lvl 8 spells. Is there a specific Path you must take?

I usually go:

Village>Juggernaut>Forest of Despair>Gnome Village>Red Dragon>Fire Bridge.

I wonder if I need to take out the green dragon instead of going thru the forest of despair.

Nintendo World Report says that Chronicles of Mystara is coming out on the Wii U in August. Rumor is that Nintendo's QA division stopped the game from being certified due to the games bugs. So blame Capcom/Iron Galaxy, I guess?

Is this game buggy on other systems?

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34918

It did get a bug fix patch not long after launch, at least on Steam:
Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara
26 Jun 2013Dungeons Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara Updated
Product Update - Valve
Version 1.0.1
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUG FIXES
- Start-up Crash Error
- Autosave Error

The new patch should address the above two issue for a majority of people who have been experiencing these symptoms. However, we are aware that a select group of users are still experiencing issues related to the above errors, and we are continuing to investigate the situation. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your continued patience until the problems are resolved. Thank you.

Wow, I didn't know there was a NEOGAF thread for this game. Should have known better.

Anyway I'm forge76 on PSN and play pretty regular if people wanna team up. Mic is optional. I can play any char to its strengths.

Catching up with the thread

Haven't bought this yet due to still being in the middle of a move and awaiting my household goods (which includes the Wii U and PS3). Anyway, after seeing how the US version turned out, I'm inclined to also wait for this supposed M2 ported japanese sku. Anyone have an idea of how english friendly it might be?

I'm tempted to preorder on PlayAsia as they're offering free-shipping right now

RedSwirl

Jesus fucking Christ I suck. I cleared both games but had to do both of them on the lowest difficulty... with like 30 credits for each game. I'm trying to play it with a stick though, with the controls remapped to resemble the arcade layout.

Apdiddy

I see that the PC version is on sale with Amazon & as a Steam Daily Deal -- worth getting or just wait until the PSN version goes on sale?

Anyone who speaks/reads Japanese here on GAF willing to read off what the "Options" are under the "Option1" and "Option2" tabs?

img_option_thumb05.jpg

img_option_thumb06.jpg

img_option_thumb07.jpg

Japanese website for DnD

Obviously just trying to confirm if there's a language toggle in there or not

thanks!

Anyone who speaks/reads Japanese here on GAF willing to read off what the "Options" are under the "Option1" and "Option2" tabs?
Japanese website for DnD

Obviously just trying to confirm if there's a language toggle in there or not

thanks!

There seems to be a language selector for "character voices", but that's it, I'm afraid.

Buttons can be mapped to "dash attack" (I'm assuming QCF+attack), "anti-air attack" (d,u+attack), dodge (double tap jump, I guess) and guard. Not sure if there'd be any other options (scrolling the item wheel back would be great for putting item select on R1/L1).

There's also something that says "random damage" that is turned on, but I don't know what that is.

Coda

As much as this sucks, as long as we get a bug free port soon I'll wait for the Wii U for the gamepad play. I need games to play on that damn machine. That and The Wonderful 101 will change everything for me.

As much as this sucks, as long as we get a bug free port soon I'll wait for the Wii U for the gamepad play. I need games to play on that damn machine. That and The Wonderful 101 will change everything for me.

Yup, holding out for the wii u version as well. Want off screen play and dat dpad

Im gonna pick up the asian version for ps3 anyway down the road

Top Bottom