• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail |OT| Become the Storm

Fjordson

Who else is going to stay up all night on tuesday so they can play the game right away?

Of course, this doesn't apply to people who already have the gosh darned game.
I probably will. Usually get stuff at about 2 AM my time on XBL when I stay, so I should be okay.

Also, watching some reviews and walkthroughs on YouTube and I'm amazed at some of these environments. Seems like the game just gets more and more interesting visually the further in you get.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Can I like, just get a code now and give you some money on Wednesday? I just wanna play it ;_;

:p

Haha seriously. Oddly enough the main reason I'd want a code at this point is just to play it now, not even for the free part of it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Given that there are avatar items and gamerpics now, even if I won a code, I'd probably buy about 800 pts in outfits and Gamerpics (and I NEVER buy Avie stuff, lol), and then share the rest with funneling some back to things like the Awesomenauts premium theme, and some XBLIG.

The amoung of REALLY GOOD XBLA has made it hard to buy some of the more "frivilous" XBLA stuff recently, so it'd be nice to get to share the wealth over some stuff to games that deserve it.

Anywho, Congrats to anyone who gets to play early :) I'd love to be one of those, too, but if not, fully jumping in Wed!

Pretty damn glowing review from GamesRadar, 4.5/5

With its supremely satisfying swordplay, enthralling exploration, and a story you’ll want to see through to the end, Dust feels like the Xbox homage to Vanillaware’s cult classics Odin Sphere and Muramasa. Though its aesthetic may turn some biased gamers away, they’ll be missing out on some of the best single-player action that $15 can buy.

Labadal

Only thing I don't like about the game is Fidget. i usually don't like that type of character, but I hope my opinion changes while playing the game. Not many days left now.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So happy to see good scores. Never doubted it. Just captures that feeling of real personal attention to detail. You can feel it playing.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Since this game is a metroidvania style game I'm curious as to whether there will be sequence breaking or not.

Really looking forward to the speed runs.

Ryan_IGN

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread, but just wanted to say congrats to Noogy. Great game, and as you can see from the IGN review we are quite fond of it.

Also, if anyone is interested I will be interviewing Noogy on our IGN Xbox podcast (@PodcastUnlocked) this week. It will either post EOD Wednesday or first half of the day on Thursday.

Noogy

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread, but just wanted to say congrats to Noogy. Great game, and as you can see from the IGN review we are quite fond of it.

Also, if anyone is interested I will be interviewing Noogy on our IGN Xbox podcast (@PodcastUnlocked) this week. It will either post EOD Wednesday or first half of the day on Thursday.

Thanks Ryan, it's an honor for sure :)

So what time exactly for UK does the game come out tomorrow?

I don't want to be like Tommy Refenes in Indie Game: The Movie constantly refreshing my Xbox dashboard to wait for it ;)

Cheska

YAY! XBL points bought, now hopefully the store will update in thirty minutes. So much goodness coming out today.

Noogy

I don't want to be like Tommy Refenes in Indie Game: The Movie constantly refreshing my Xbox dashboard to wait for it ;)

I've been told roughly 24 hours from the moment of me posting this, at the earliest. Not exactly sure if that's worldwide or only 'merica. And yeah, my F5 key is barely legible.

I've been told roughly 24 hours from the moment of me posting this, at the earliest. Not exactly sure if that's worldwide or only 'merica. And yeah, my F5 key is barely legible.

Thanks.

Is it true that the most popular Ninja Gaiden move is in this game?

aku:jiki

I've been waiting for many XBLA releases and, annoyingly, there's no exact time. It's between 10-11AM UK time, but could be 09:30 or 11:30 just as well. Actually, the XBLA team has a long and proud history of putting out games nobody cares about perfectly on time while screwing up and delaying the anticipated ones. :(

Just buy it. Noogy has poured his heart and soul into this game, and it looks and sounds amazing. I'm really looking forward to playing it tomorrow!

He still might not enjoy it though? Just because the game was made with love doesn't mean everyone has to like it.

Phatcorns

Wow, this might be the best looking game I have ever laid eyes on. There's no way I CAN'T get this game. I'd be okay with every game looking like this.

Just watched the ign review. This game looks amazing. As soon as I get my hands on some xbla points I'm gonna pick it up. It looks so polished.

Congrats Noggy! Can't wait to get this tomorrow.

Btw, you should do a post Mortem on your experience with MS and the xbla process. That would be good reading.

HyperDuck

Neo Member
Watching that launch trailer again and again.

When dat music starts.

You sure that your friend isn't Hans Zimmer? Getting them Batman vibes.

Haha, thanks! I taught Hans everything he knows. Hans Zimmers that is, not Hans Zimmer, easily mixed up. Unrelated not, there was definite decisions to go for that influence in the trailer :) so glad it's noticed.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Jus curious since we know this is a metroidvania style game: do we know what kind of abilities or items we'll be unlocking that allow us to progress to locked areas? I don't think I have heard much about that kind of stuff, unless it's kind of spoilery.

Top Bottom