• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail |OT| Become the Storm

Fry

noogy, you're the best. you should be seen as an example for other developers. the demo was AWESOME, man. thank u for the code... i'll spend the whole night playing.

also thank u very very very much, toythatkills!

I know it's off-topic, but you can always get GIMP for free. It's not Photoshop by any stretch of the imagination, but for basic to slightly advanced stuff, you can use it. It's also easy to figure out. :)

and thank u for the tip haha. im checking it right now!

Rad Agast

Played for another hour today. I don't think that I'll touch any other game until I finish this one. Quick question, what's the maximum level in the game? do I have to plan my points allocation or can I maxout everything eventually?

-GJ-

My review for Dust got posted tonight. I gave it a 9 out of 10. You can read it here, but it's in Dutch so I loosely translated the verdict to English for you guys.

http://gamersdag.nl/home/reviews/4628-review-dust-an-elysian-tail

Dust: An Elysian Tail is a must have for every single Xbox 360 owner. The game takes you on a wonderful adventure that you won't forget anytime soon and it's the best arcadegame of the year. The RPG elements give the game a lot of depth which results in a 15 hour long game on the Normal difficulty setting. With the addition of Tough and Hardcore difficulties you won't need another game any time soon when you own Dust: An Elysian Tail.

Big thanks to Noogy for the code and to Toy for distributing said code!
If I buy an avatar outfit or something, Noogy gets a cut of that, right?
I definitely want to support this in some way.

Hmm crashed again.
This time at the load game menu.

I think it might have something to do with my gamerpic. I changed it to one of the defaults and things went fine.

Noogy

Hmm crashed again.
This time at the load game menu.

I think it might have something to do with my gamerpic. I changed it to one of the defaults and things went fine.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of people having issues with certain gamerpics.. very odd as this only popped up after release. I've noted it and will put in a failsafe in a Title Update.

BTW, I just went to the Outback and this was my bill:

HCJW7-3K967-MFXP9-MMQYT-46W3Z
JT394-VYM76-XJQGD-DHR34-M43DZ

MrDaravon

Damn, I totally would have won that Trials code if I had seen that earlier.

Game's getting more and more positive word of mouth, I'm probably going to have to see if I can swing it before Borderlands 2 or something now.

Yo Gotti

Banned
Turns out the part I got stuck on, on Tough difficulty wasn't so tough after all. I was forgetting to hold after I attack for the counter.

I'm very much in love with this game right now. Best surprise of 2012 for me.

Fry

passing through aurora village right now... and what else can i say? wow... awesome. really. few games this generation gave me that sensation "this is going to be good" - the last i can remember was arkham city - and dust's definitely on that list.

tough here...anyone playing hardcore? is it too hard for the first playthrough?

Dartastic

I'm sad I keep missing these free coupons. I'm super brokeeeeee come onnnnnnn guyssss blarghhhhhh :(

...every single time I come back to the thread it seems like I missed another give away. I bet by the time I finish watching this movie I'm gonna miss more codes. Hah.

I am in love with this game it's really engrossing, I played it on stream and it looks amazing on there as well - can't wait to see what noogs develops next.

Noogy

heh anyone else getting "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded" for noogy.com?

Yeah, my ISP doesn't give me much bandwidth :p To be honest I don't update the site very often, your best bet for news would be at http://www.facebook.com/DustAnElysianTail

Chicago, mostly. And the Voice Acting Alliance.

I'm quite pleased that Deven Mac (my casting director) cast the game in a way so that it doesn't sound like EVERY OTHER GAME out there. The voice talent did an awesome job, and one of the highlights of development was choosing the right actor for each role.

Also:

YWXC2-JWH29-H3VR6-JQVMK-G49DZ
C32XY-CPTM9-C7XQ2-HXT7T-7J2KZ

Darkgran

Yeah, my ISP doesn't give me much bandwidth :p To be honest I don't update the site very often, your best bet for news would be at http://www.facebook.com/DustAnElysianTail

I'm quite pleased that Deven Mac (my casting director) cast the game in a way so that it doesn't sound like EVERY OTHER GAME out there. The voice talent did an awesome job, and one of the highlights of development was choosing the right actor for each role.

Also:

I grabbed the second one...Thank you!!! I really appreciate it!!

Also:

Grabbed the first one. Thanks, Noogy, can't wait!

Wow I'm going to have to check out the demo. I feel like every time I've heard the name of this game I either dismiss it as the PS3 EVE FPS or am just put off because I didn't like From Dust :p.

Silvawuff

I've been watching some walkthroughs of Dust in action. I can't believe how amazing this game is. Noogy, you are a genius. This game may yet change the perceptions of the industry.

You will become the storm.

TripOpt55

I'm about 30% into this game and it is amazing. Well done Noogy.

Also got a (sort of kind of early sidequest spoiler or something)
Fidget doll made and the dialogue between Dust, Fidget and the guy who made the doll was hilarious. I still need to go bring the doll to the little kid though.

Tawpgun

Just got out of the carverns. Game is pretty fun so far. Story seems interesting, I do want to find out whats happening.

My only gripes with it are the voice acting. Just sounds like some over the top anime english dub. I guess thats the style they were going for. Fidget is kinda annoying too.

The anime style characters aren't sitting well with me. Can't stand them and the voices so I'm skipping the cutscenes.

I'm enjoying the combat but too often, i'll end up off screen to the next portion only for everything to respawn again.

Satchel

Banned
Noogy. How does this code situation work?

Are these allocated to you by Microsoft? Aren't you losing potential dollars giving away so many copies? Don't get me wrong, we all appreciate it and I bought an avatar item to make up for it.

I'm sporting the Dust t shirt on my avatar too to to spread the word.

Already had a mate of mine ask "What the hell is that game you're playing?". He downloaded the demo and loves it. Think he's going to buy it.

Noogy

Noogy. How does this code situation work?

Are these allocated to you by Microsoft? Aren't you losing potential dollars giving away so many copies? Don't get me wrong, we all appreciate it and I bought an avatar item to make up for it.

I'm sporting the Dust t shirt on my avatar too to to spread the word.

Already had a mate of mine ask "What the hell is that game you're playing?". He downloaded the demo and loves it. Think he's going to buy it.

Yeah, codes have cost and I lose potential sales. But the game also seems to be doing well so I can't complain (though I do appreciate when someone with a free code recommends the game to others like you did). This is also the only place I've been sharing codes besides Twitter, mainly because it's become a bit like a family here.

Dartastic

Yeah, codes have cost and I lose potential sales. But the game also seems to be doing well so I can't complain (though I do appreciate when someone with a free code recommends the game to others like you did). This is also the only place I've been sharing codes besides Twitter, mainly because it's become a bit like a family here.
Admittedly, that's really super awesome of you. Thank you very much.

played the trial. enjoyed it for the most part, but the animation priority kind of bugs me. i kept getting stuck going one direction when i wanted to quickly turn to the other. maybe i was just doing something wrong.

i listened to that promo music at the end of the trial on loop for about 5 minutes straight. this whole game reeks of people who really liked symphony of the night.

Dust is doing well? Yes! Congrats!

Darkgran

OK.

Game is awesome. Been playing it for almost 2 hours and loving every minute of it.

In fact here is how great it is...wife wanted to have sex and I actually thought about turning her down so I could continue to play.

Great game. I am going to recommend it to everyone!!!

absolutely amazing game. the music, writing, voice acting, color (pastels FTW), combat, level design are all top notch.

I wish you great success with dust.

Satchel

Banned

Much appreciated regardless.

Like I said. I've bought an avatar item and I'm keeping the game at the top of my playlist to make sure it's seen.

Been telling my mates that play arcade games to get on it.

Ventron

<3

We also hung out on the XNA forums too!

goldenpp72

I need some help with a couple spots. I have 90 percent map completion and 81 percent treasure completion in Archer's Pass but my map shows nothing else to do, any help? Same with Blackmoor Moutains, 96 percent map and 94 percent treasure, nothing is undone on the map screen.

Any advice? Thanks!

Noogy

I need some help with a couple spots. I have 90 percent map completion and 81 percent treasure completion in Archer's Pass but my map shows nothing else to do, any help? Same with Blackmoor Moutains, 96 percent map and 94 percent treasure, nothing is undone on the map screen.

Any advice? Thanks!

When all else fails, check your notes!

Top Bottom