• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail |OT| Become the Storm

Cheers to those watching my stream earlier, 60fps was working alright but I need to play around with a few more settings, this game really needs to be seen at 60.

Tough is also getting hard ass on me now too, I was worried I might have had good gear too early but not any more, need to craft 2 awesome rings too but no idea where half the materials drop at all or what they are called if they have a name.

totowhoa

Banned
You can get killed on Tough in 2-3 well placed hits, I'm liking the challenge but around the 50% mark, the game is starting to overwhelm me the area with the four
mansions is something I will not want to go through again on Tough
. It's probably for the best if you stick with normal as to not ruin your enjoyment of the game like that area did to me.

(Will play on Hardcore on my next playthrough.)

Just got to this area playing on tough as well and this is the first time the game has truly felt pretty damn tough. After dying like 8 times last night on that part I just went to bed. Gonna take that area slow and steady today

So, can anyone help me complete the
Archer's Pass and Blackmoore Mountains maps?

I can't find any other exits to the maps, and no treasures, but it tells me that I'm at like 90ish % for both of them. I got all the power-ups so far and 100%ed all other maps (except the last one), I just have no clue where to look at those two. The map screen doesn't show me any other exits or treasures I missed.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Wow, don't I feel silly - the section that I was playing around in getting the combo system and parrying down yesterday for an hour wasn't even the first Chapter - I just got there now, hahaha!

And the cameo you find was very cool Noogy!

So, can anyone help me complete the
Archer's Pass and Blackmoore Mountains maps?

I can't find any other exits to the maps, and no treasures, but it tells me that I'm at like 90ish % for both of them. I got all the power-ups so far and 100%ed all other maps (except the last one), I just have no clue where to look at those two. The map screen doesn't show me any other exits or treasures I missed.

You need to read your notes!

OK, I found the one
on the pass. And I see the note "The Cliff", but nothing happens when I'm at any point on the mountain peak (I assume that's one of the 2 rooms where the village is and the one next to it) - and yes, I do have the red orb.

It's not at the top, it's *near* the top. Look around, you'll definitely know when you're in the right place

Just completed the game 100%
117%
. Just missing 2 secret achievements.

Also not really sure what the red orb does. It has an hourglass on it I think? So did I use it to get to Tim? (Braid guy) Or does it have another purpose?

Just completed the game 100%
117%
. Just missing 2 secret achievements.

One of them might be
the choice-dependent one you get when you pick up that douchebag's basket of laundry when rescuing the little boy in the sidequest.

Also not really sure what the red orb does. It has an hourglass on it I think? So did I use it to get to Tim? (Braid guy) Or does it have another purpose?

Pretty sure that's its only purpose - it is a direct reference to Castlevania 2, where you need to equip the Red Crystal and kneel in front of Deborah Cliff for the tornado to take you away.

aku:jiki

Uh, did I miss something? Seems like I can't proceed without the
slide ability
, so where do I get it?

One of them might be
the choice-dependent one you get when you pick up that douchebag's basket of laundry when rescuing the little boy in the sidequest.
And the other one might be the one
for pestering the blacksmith girl's brother over and over until it pops
?

Uh, did I miss something? Seems like I can't proceed without the
slide ability
, so where do I get it?

You will find that one during the course of Chapter 2. When you're in Mudpot (the underground village), you have to talk to the old man to the left side of the town in order to get a red door crystal. Once you have that, you can go the the path leading down.

And the other one might be the one
for pestering the blacksmith girl's brother over and over until it pops
?

Could also be
destroying all cannons in the last area

Yo Gotti

Banned
Finally started playing this yesterday. Just some thoughts.

- The action is fantastic and addicting. I can't wait to unlock some more moves.
- The Art and animations are amazing.
- I wish I could mute Fidget. I'm not the hugest fan of the character design but Fidget has the voice to match. I end up skipping all of her dialogue.
- I may have fucked up starting on Tough.

Question: How long is this game?

Finally started playing this yesterday. Just some thoughts.

- The action is fantastic and addicting. I can't wait to unlock some more moves.
- The Art and animations are amazing.
- I wish I could mute Fidget. I'm not the hugest fan of the character design but Fidget has the voice to match. I end up skipping all of her dialogue.
- I may have fucked up starting on Tough.

Question: How long is this game?

It took me 14 hours to 100% it.

Tadale

Downloadable gems like this really stand out considering how cruddy the year has been for retail games.

I'm having a lot of fun with this, and I think despite it having some clear classic influences, it's really not like much I've ever played considering how combo heavy it is for a sidescrolling game that's not a pure sidescrolling beat-em up.

Hope it does well. I'd like to see even more quality 2d games like this.

KageMaru

I wanted to make sure to pay for this game and even took the day off to play it. Was totally worth it Noogy, I'm loving the game so far. I'm amazed with what you guys have been able to pull off and this will definitely be one of the few download games I complete (which is really saying something).

Hoping this game brings you much success Noogy, would love to play more games made by you guys.

S1kkZ

some help needed (endgame spoilers, mostly secrets/easter eggs)

-i found 10 "friends". no fucking clue where the other two are. the only areas i sisnt 100% are the caves, snow area and the ghost/graveyard area.
-are there 2 hidden areas in the snow area? i did the thing with the red orb and tornado and my map doesnt show anything else.
-i am at 103%, i thought 100% is the maximum?

some help needed (endgame spoilers, mostly secrets/easter eggs)

-i found 10 "friends". no fucking clue where the other two are. the only areas i sisnt 100% are the caves, snow area and the ghost/graveyard area.
-are there 2 hidden areas in the snow area? i did the thing with the red orb and tornado and my map doesnt show anything else.
-i am at 103%, i thought 100% is the maximum?

If your map's not 100% complete, you probably need to check your notes for hints towards a hidden area because there must be one there.

S1kkZ

If your map's not 100% complete, you probably need to check your notes for hints towards a hidden area because there must be one there.

there is nothing left in my notes. one note mentions a restaurant/cafe but i dont know if i already got that or in which area it is.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Hey Noogy, dunno if you already know, but I had a glitch where I bought multiple cupcakes while it was equipped on LB, but the counter never went up - it was only after I unequipped it when it started going up again.

Other than that, fantastic so far.

Gamejunky

There's also a contest on XBLAfans through their twitter for a Dust code. Gonna try to win that and if I don't probably will just end up buying it xD

Ok I have 100% every area except for Aurora Village and the final area. I'm currently sitting at 87% treasure for Aurora, and I have no idea where the last secret thing is. I think it has something to do with The Cafe note but I'm not positive. Any help?

snorggy

dang... i always miss code giveaways.. clearly i need to live on GAF..

anyway this game looks awesome, probably gonna buy it next week... the furry vibe is pretty strong, but man is it ever beautiful regardless.

Just beat the game. The ending is depressing, though not unexpected.

Ok I have 100% every area except for Aurora Village and the final area. I'm currently sitting at 87% treasure for Aurora, and I have no idea where the last secret thing is. I think it has something to do with The Cafe note but I'm not positive. Any help?

The Cafe note is related to the area you found it in. To get that last part in Aurora
you'll have to check everything in the Arena area once you collected the double jump

Dartastic

I think my only real concern with this game is that the combat will feel sorta samey after a while. Well GAF? Is it? I'm super poor right now and I want this BAD but if it stays sorta samey I might just wait. =(

I think my only real concern with this game is that the combat will feel sorta samey after a while. Well GAF? Is it? I'm super poor right now and I want this BAD but if it stays sorta samey I might just wait. =(

Honestly, the combat is not that bad, since the enemies start employing different skills, so it's not just mindless button mashing with all of them.

Dartastic

Honestly, the combat is not that bad, since the enemies start employing different skills, so it's just not mindless button mashing with all of them.
I enjoy the combat from the demo, but it's nice to know that enemies do change. That was my big concern, as it doesn't seem like there is much of a combat progression or anything. Ugh. I will check bank account stuff later and think about it. I wants.

Just beat the game. The ending is depressing, though not unexpected.

The Cafe note is related to the area you found it in. To get that last part in Aurora
you'll have to check everything in the Arena area once you collected the double jump

I knew exactly where it was as soon you said
the Arena
. Thanks! Now it's time to finish this game!

Top Bottom