• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dust: An Elysian Tail |OT| Become the Storm

Zomba13

Only been playing for like, 20 mins or something and I already like Fidget. I thought she'd end up being the annoying type of cutesy sidekick but she's actually funny and voiced really well.
Can't really comment much on the combat as I've only just started but seeing videos and the GB Quick Look I think I'm going to love it. Really like the music and of course the graphics are beautiful.

ryushe

You should buy Dust avatar items and gamerpics instead! >:O
If it wasn't again't my moral oath to purchase digital clothes for my avatar, I might've did just that, but alas... :p

Can't wait to play this game. It looks too good and I was --><-- this close to buying it later this afternoon.

If it wasn't again't my moral oath to purchase digital clothes for my avatar, I might've did just that, but alas... :p

I got a code as well, and I felt bad (i.e. it was against my moral oath... ;P) for not giving Noogy the purchases he deserves, so I'll be buying the avatar items once I get a hold of my MS points.

Dartastic

Man. What feels like two seconds ago I was saying how I wanted this game but there was that whole poor factor. Then I missed the codes. Goddamnit. =(

...time for me to go to class I guess. :/

Got a few hours under my belt last night... wow, the game is just so fluid and polished. I'm certainly taking my time with this game and just soaking it all in.

Noogy, it is mind-blowingly impressive what you were able to create with Dust. You are seriously gifted and I hope the game sales exceed what you were expecting so that you can continue living your dream of making games. Bless your heart!

I will try Tough mode next week (partly cause I want the achievement, lul). I felt Normal started off a bit rough, but once I got through the cave dungeon, barely anything touched me anymore (except for the
fucking exploding zombies. Seriously, fuck them.
), and I hardly had to use consumables.

Hoping the harder difficulty will prove more of a challenge. Probably won't go for 100% on that one tho.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I think I'm gonna leave the thread till I beat the game, because I'm gonna take my time with it like I do with every single player game, and I keep seeing little things in here that spoil the game bit by bit. I do like reading how much others are enjoying as well so it's a shame.

But major kudos to Noogy and toythatkills for graciously handing out that many codes too for real - that's really a ton to give out just for this forum alone, you're really a good guy Noogy. Hopefully everyone else just picks it up or passes on the good word, because you totally deserve every cent man.

There's more cameos to come! :)

Just found the second one a while ago - nice.

aku:jiki

Really loved the
Bastion
room. Does that mean that
The Kid
is hiding in the next room if I come back with the green gem too?

Also ran into the first thing I hated in this game... Those damn spore ball things in the caverns. Not cool, Noogy! Annoying as fuck!

Really loved the
Bastion
room. Does that mean that
The Kid
is hiding in the next room if I come back with the green gem too?

You'll need all the key gems, there's a total of

Also ran into the first thing I hated in this game... Those damn spore ball things in the caverns. Not cool, Noogy! Annoying as fuck!

The blue explosions actually heal you. And honestly, they are easy to dodge, I hated all the exploding enemies more than the bubbles.

AHA-Lambda

Got it today, and have played 2 hours so far. Well done Noogy, it's a bloody great game. You saved this year's Summer of Arcade from being a complete disaster! ^_^

Kusagari

I think the game hates me.

I'm on chapter 2 and have been killing the flying things for over 20 minutes now and still haven't been able to get a single avee claw for that one quest.

All I keep getting is the wings.

I think the game hates me.

I'm on chapter 2 and have been killing the flying things for over 20 minutes now and still haven't been able to get a single avee claw for that one quest.

All I keep getting is the wings.

Try equipping rings that increase your item drop rate, if you haven't already. Otherwise, I know how you feel, the wolf enemies refuse to drop their furs for me. :p

I have two rings that multiply by 3 Fidget's power, that little thing destroys the entire screen in seconds now.

Yeah, I totally love that everything stacks like this. Stack a few loot x3 items and the screen gets crazy :)

It may spoil the theme of locations, I don't know, I haven't gotten far enough but -
The official Trials Evolution map for Dust is neat, I liked the little Summer of Arcade thing they did.

Okay, thanks to Noogy's ace kindness, I have five codes for Dust left for lucky GAF folk.

By 1am UK time, so about an hour, the fastest three (GAF) times on the Dust track in Trials Evo will win a code for Dust. The other two will go to random people drawn from everyone that plays.

To enter, post a photo of the results screen with your time on it; only times set in the next hour are eligible!

If you enter and don't win, you have to buy the game! And you also have to talk about Dust a lot when the contest's over because I might have just ruined this thread for the next hour (sorry).

Okay, thanks to Noogy's ace kindness, I have five codes for Dust left for lucky GAF folk.

By 1am UK time, so about an hour, the fastest three (GAF) times on the Dust track in Trials Evo will win a code for Dust. The other two will go to random people drawn from everyone that plays.

To enter, post a photo of the results screen with your time on it; only times set in the next hour are eligible!

If you enter and don't win, you have to buy the game! And you also have to talk about Dust a lot when the contest's over because I might have just ruined this thread for the next hour (sorry).
Nice. I've spread the word to HaloGAF. Would partake myself but would be unfair considering I'd be giving the code away.

Cool idea, here's my attempt...

WP_000032.jpg

Noogy

Just getting up, glad to see people are enjoying the game :) As usual I'm taking notes on technical issues and such, but glad that things seem to be running smoothly, for the most part.

Thanks Toy for taking care of handout tokens. Let me see, questions, yes, I will doing a postmortem including images of my editors, and yes, Chris Geehan and I are hammering out plans for an OST.

BTW, I did an interview with Ryan from IGN here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/16/podcast-unlocked-ep-67-voices
Find out how he indirectly influenced me to start learning XNA :)

Tawpgun

Yeah, I totally love that everything stacks like this. Stack a few loot x3 items and the screen gets crazy :)

oOBpG.jpg

This be my first attempt. Gonna go back for some more.

Too bad this is for Evolutions and not HD. Good friend of mine really wants to get the game but can't afford it for a long time because he recently (unwillingly) moved to another state. :/

LQX

I'm terrible at Trials and doubt I could beat anyone's time so will just post to get in one one of the random codes.

IMG_1442-1.jpg

Tawpgun

k, I realized my last post probably didn't give proof I got the time on the dust track, so here's a proof pic + a time I just got.

1G8tn.jpg

Fry

Sorry for the quality of the photo :/. I had to use my mac's webcam to take it lol... and the image inversed that way. anyone know how to fix it? anyway, I did 47s063.

fotocriadaem160812s2044.jpg

ozhenson

Woowee, I just finished wrapping up this game for the first time. Everything was up to 100% with one notable exception that for some reason showed 83% items and 9% map despite me uncovering everything in the area.

Absolutely amazing game, the combat controls were sublime, although in retrospect I wish I had started the game on tough or hardcore difficulty as I found the combat a little easy for my tastes.

My final clock ended up being a shade under 10 hours which wound up being a perfect amount of time. If it ran much longer I would have wanted other weapons to vary up the enemy encounters a little.

To me, this is this years Bastion.

I definitely had an outstanding time.

To me, this is this years Bastion.

Interestingly, I didn't like Bastion that much. I never could get into it. :/

I did have an outstanding time as well, though. I played through Chapter 1 when it came out, but got distracted, but I woke up early and had to play through the entire game until I beat it just because it's so gorgeous and good.

Fastest 3 get the code right? So Cjelly, me, and loch or Fry8 if you count him

Yep, and the other two codes go to two random entries... of which there were two :lol

Everyone else will have to buy the game, but tbh it's one of the best 1,200 points you'll ever spend. I don't think anyone would regret it.

Fry

Yep, and the other two codes go to two random entries... of which there were two :lol

Everyone else will have to buy the game, but tbh it's one of the best 1,200 points you'll ever spend. I don't think anyone would regret it.

please, count me :(... i did the time before the turning of the clock... but uploading the image and posting took me 2 minutes... please please plase...

Top Bottom