• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

Haven't had any stuttering outside of fps drops during hectic scenes really.

I re-read the DF analysis, and sure enough, they mention exactly what I'm noticing. Dunno how I missed it the first time I read it.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-dying-light-face-off

On PlayStation 4, the frame-rate remains very stable but there are instances where performance jumps momentarily above 30fps, introducing judder.

It's not a big deal, just a little distracting is all.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
If you complete the main story, does the game stop there? Or can you play on?

You can continue playing, I'm currently finishing all the side quests I missed. Once I'm 100% 100% I'll maybe even start NG+ which is basically the same game but the zombies are harder. A real hard mode is inc in a couple of months AFAIK.

This game feels fucking great to play on PS4. It's the most responsive 30fps game I've ever played. Props to Techland for including that deadzone slider.

Nokterian

Got my PS4 copy today and it plays pretty sweet! Also got the OST i wanted that so bad now i have it including all the extra DLC is pretty nice.

How's the weapon variety in New Game+?

I was disappointed to see that comparable blunt weapons had all but disappeared by the time I got to the end of my first playthrough. I started New Game+ a bit and all the top weapons I've found have been katanas and kopeshes.

Surely, it won't just be katanas and kopeshes from now to the end of NG+? Will I get warhammers, spiked maces, crazier swords, etc later on?

rbanke

Earlier in the week my co-op partner and I finished the story and the side quests. We decided to finish the challenges and found that we could no longer do any of them as a team. The only person who can do the challenge is whoever accepts it. Early on, we did some challenges and had no problem doing them as a team. Playing the PC version without mods. Anyone run into this? Haven't found much help searching except a very short steam thread only describing what I just did.

We'd like to finish them off, but playing them solo is boring and makes playing coop pointless for us.

The last 20 minutes of this game is so terrible.
Terrible is an understatement.

Oh my God...night time in this game is no fucking joke. Man, that got my heart thumping. Tense stuff being chased by those assholes.

Loving this game so far. The graphics, atmosphere, and gameplay are great.

------------------------------------------------------

Managed to kill a few of those runner things. Took a few shots of them:

16487292079_006096bafa_o.jpg

16672072211_194ee3ff42_o.jpg

16647498566_540276fe3e_o.jpg

The character models in this game are great. My apologies for the nightmares, lol.

legacyzero

Banned
My game of the year so far. Absolutely INCREDIBLE balance of open-world quests that aren't too Check-Box-y. Awesome gameplay. Great story that grew on me.

My main complaint: Spoilerz:
Why in the living FUCK would you spend all of that energy building my hate for the antagonist, only for my final battle with him to be limited to a FUCKING QTE CUTSCENE?!?! All of that fucking build up. All of that fucking hatred with the main character. All that buy in to Crane's cause. And you fucking WASTE IT.

The gameplay in this game is so damn satisfying. I just killed one of those big guys in the orange jump-suits while a herd of around 10 zombies circled around him. Shit was tense having to constantly check my flanks and timing my dodges and hits right. You have to have good situation awareness in this game. Those zombies are slow, but they'll fuck you up if they catch you off-guard.

jesu

Pretty good so far and very intense.I've only just made up to the first night mission.
Got destroyed then saved the game.

Dr.Acula

Banned
How's the weapon variety in New Game+?

I was disappointed to see that comparable blunt weapons had all but disappeared by the time I got to the end of my first playthrough. I started New Game+ a bit and all the top weapons I've found have been katanas and kopeshes.

Surely, it won't just be katanas and kopeshes from now to the end of NG+? Will I get warhammers, spiked maces, crazier swords, etc later on?

The weapon variety is tied to your survivor level. The blunts are gone forever other than the police batons and wrenches some zombies wield. You can also get some low level stuff from the Quartermaster.

dk_

I think I'm one mission before the final boss and I have a couple of sidequests left in the slums. This could be my GOTY 2015! Buy it people in order to force them to do Dying Light 2.

SHarris78

I've done the first couple of missions and a couple of side quests so there's a long way to go, but so far this is one of the most enjoyable games i've played on PS4. The look of the city and the music is soooo 80's cheese horror, nailed the feel of retro horror perfectly.

Obviously I knew there was a day and night cycle, but I assumed the day was always sunny, as thats all i'd seen from screenshots, so leaving the Tower to a cloudy, rainy city was a nice surprise and added to the the atmosphere of the game. Very nice graphically to, frame rate holds up well and it looks very pretty. Lots of great ways to pick off the undead to - watching then climbing over a balcony to get you and falling to the death never gets old!

One question - one of the early missions I had to kill some humans, found it pretty tough and as far I could tell there was no way of telling when they were going to die. Are there any tell tale signs that notify you when you've almost killed them?

Oh yeah, night-time...........NOPE!!!!

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
So is the physical version for European countries released yet?

I want this game but I need to trade another one towards it.

Ricker

Been playing this steady now that I finished the main story in FC 4,I would say a good 10 hours so far and I still havent seen a single gun and that sidequest about the guy wanted you to find his,is still not even visible on the map if I track it lol...is this normal?...

Got trapped in a warehouse at night so I jumped and run and killed a few zombies in there until I figured my way back out,made it easy getting double points hehe...made up for all those tower plunges to my death earlier.(PS4)

RedAssedApe

Banned
the sound makes no sense in this game. you hear zombies screaming and doors busting open as if they are right next to when that actual source is nowhere near you. lol

Garuda1One

Oh my God...night time in this game is no fucking joke. Man, that got my heart thumping. Tense stuff being chased by those assholes.

Loving this game so far. The graphics, atmosphere, and gameplay are great.

------------------------------------------------------

Managed to kill a few of those runner things. Took a few shots of them:

The character models in this game are great. My apologies for the nightmares, lol.

you killed your first volatile at level 5 ? with a hammer ?......

i used to skipped a LOT of nights when i was 5....

Thorgal

Been playing this steady now that I finished the main story in FC 4,I would say a good 10 hours so far and I still havent seen a single gun and that sidequest about the guy wanted you to find his,is still not even visible on the map if I track it lol...is this normal?...

Got trapped in a warehouse at night so I jumped and run and killed a few zombies in there until I figured my way back out,made it easy getting double points hehe...made up for all those tower plunges to my death earlier.

Guns start appearing as loot and vendors once you reached Survivor level 8 i believe so yes , that is normal .

There is a location relatively near the tower where you can find a gun one time only guaranteed but it is best to only use it for the quest as you will find no ammo for it until your survivor rank is high enough .

Is the lavender fetch quest bugged? I have all of them and the mission marker is on togyar but i cant interact with him at all. How do i turn this in?

Is the lavender fetch quest bugged? I have all of them and the mission marker is on togyar but i cant interact with him at all. How do i turn this in?

This glitched on me as well. Somehow forced it by riding the lift up and loading the next area. Rode it back down again and it let me interact with him

Majmun

Finished story mode today. Took me almost 43 hours to do so. Loved every minute of it.

How is the DLC? Is it worth it?

I'm now trying to finish some agility and power side-missions post-game. Some of the missions I cleared before finishing the game, popped up again in post-game. WTF

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Glad to see everyone enjoying it. I want to 100% this but the side missions are just too much fetch-quest for me.
I'd love to get the platinum too, but the trophies are glitched to me. I did all the side missions and nothing popped up. Same with the save 15 survivors from Rais' men.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Story 100%, 84% overall and still loving the game. I've virtually done everything in the Slums then I'll finish off Old Town. I really hope they flesh out the guns though, I know mele is the focus but I'd happily pay for a DLC that adds more guns and allows us to upgrade guns (exploding rounds, silencers etc). I hope we get more story quests as well, I don't want to wait until Dying Light 2. Overall it's my favourite game in years.

Are the challenges part of the side quests? I seem to have done everything I can with no ! left on either map. And it still hasn't unlocked the achievement for me. Think I counted 51 completed side quests so far. Can't seem to find a complete list of them online

you killed your first volatile at level 5 ? with a hammer ?......

i used to skipped a LOT of nights when i was 5....

Haha, yeah. But to be fair, I did stand just outside the safe-zone at the bottom of the Tower and hit them into the spike traps. I retreated back inside when they leaped at me. XD

I have a mission to collect UV bulbs or something...at night. I am absolutely dreading it. I'm a huge pussy when it comes to scary games, I don't know how I'm gonna do it. I'm putting it off as much as I can. XD

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Haha, yeah. But to be fair, I did stand just outside the safe-zone at the bottom of the Tower and hit them into the spike traps. I retreated back inside when they leaped at me. XD

I have a mission to collect UV bulbs or something...at night. I am absolutely dreading it. I'm a huge pussy when it comes to scary games, I don't know how I'm gonna do it. I'm putting it off as much as I can. XD

If it's the one at the bridge, wait with that one until you have the grappling hook, it makes it a thousand times easier to do.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That's exactly what I decided to do. XD

Suddenly night time isn't as scary with a grappling hook...

Night honestly isn't too bad. Once you get out there and realize the volatiles are pretty easy to avoid if you keep an eye on your minimap. Can you craft nightvision boosters yet?

Recommend not overlooking the usefulness of those. It also changes the way the world looks, might be helpful if you really get creeped out by games. Also, camouflage is really powerful tool in the game if used right/upgraded.

Ricker

A hard mode is the last thing I want right now,game is hard enough as it is,at least during the first 10 hours or so,I die a lot...hey this quest says medium difficulty,go inspect this place...you get there and there's 2 guys with machine guns and 5 guys dashing at you(all I have his some Police baton and shit like that lol)...some quests are pretty hard to locate also,even with the markers or yellow stuff...the treasure bag in the water for one I cannot find but my favorite is the glasses in the black car on a bridge with hundred of cars and zombies lol...

Enjoying it a lot nonetheless though but I might just go with the main story questline for now.

Top Bottom