• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dying Light IOTI A dead island on the mirror's edge.

Anung

Un Rama
Are there some quests that are bugged? One of the quests where you have to go find an item in a white car in one of the two tunnels didnt work for me. I found the car and there is a green item marker in the truck but there is no object to grab. (There was another quest as well that seemed bugged but I cant remember it.)

EDIT: Im on the PS4 version

PS4 for me as well. I've got the 100%. Done every story mission, side quest, challange and everything else and it still didn't pop.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
PS4 for me as well. I've got the 100%. Done every story mission, side quest, challange and everything else and it still didn't pop.

Known glitched trophy. Friend and I have the same issue. There's a solution I guess, but its annoying. Gotta do side quests in a new slot (NG+) until it pops.

Aequitas

Does anyone know of a comprehensive guide to finding all of the collectibles in the game? (Blueprints etc) forgive me if this has already been addressed!

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Oh, that's the fix for that as well? Guess I'll do that now then.

Well thats what folks are saying. We did half a dozen easy side quests and nothing popped. So no luck for us yet. But people are saying thats what you do to get it.

Lol okay that is what I have been doing.

I swear though if this one guys asks for any more alcohol and my character doesn't rush in and call bullshit. I'm going to scream.

Haha I remember that guy.

There was someone similar in Dead Island. Maybe it's some inside joke with the devs or something.

Are you sure? If there are any "!" on the map, that's a side-quest. Are you sure you grabbed all the posted quests off boards? Did you finish the quest with the twins? You need to
go back to the "antenna" map to complete it.

I'm not sure if it's bugged or if there's maybe a missable quest in the game somewhere. You can always go newgame+.

Yep done all that, I looked up all the quests in the game and cross checked my quest log and I have everything complete. It's not a huge deal either way, I'll probably end up doing a NG+ playthrough soon.

DirtyLarry

Just beat the Campaign. I also did a few side quests. Spent roughly under 28 hours total.
Really the most fun I have had with a game in quite some time. It just hit all of the right notes for me.

Really so damn surprised by how much I did enjoy it, and I am no doubt going to attempt to do all of the side quests as well, something I have not done in years and years.
Really fun game overall. The parkour/traversal really is so good, even in a first person view.

I tried all of the Dead Island games, and they never hooked me in. They were just incredibly clunky.
Hats off to Techland.
They did not give up on their overall vision of things, stuck to the whole open world zombie game, and really took the mistakes from their past games and figured out a way to truly make it work.

Perhaps my favorite overall game in the past year give or take when all is said and done.
Easily the game I have gotten the most bang for my buck. No doubt about it.

The dropkick is the most satisfying move in all of video games, you should start using it. Drop kicking people or zombies off roofs never ceased to entertain me.

I have a sword with medium charged electricity attached. I wish I recorded it but I hacked a zombie and part of his ribcage was missing afterwards while flailing on the ground being electrocuted. Priceless.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Final "Boss" = QTE. Disappointing. Same thing with Shadow of Mordor. Same thing with TR2013. Not sure why but it's getting popular.

The game had a lot of good things going for it gameplay wise, just not an X factor to pull it over the top. Techland does have a solid foundation here to build on future games - the parkour/weapon/melee system is rock solid.

Really so damn surprised by how much I did enjoy it, and I am no doubt going to attempt to do all of the side quests as well, something I have not done in years and years.
Really fun game overall. The parkour/traversal really is so good, even in a first person view.

Side-quest were solid and varied. Compared to some of the fetch quest being pulled these days - it was definitely better than most. Still fetch quest lacking serious depth though. I liked the game too.

Vindicator

Finished the game yesterday on PS4, took about 61 hours, it had some great moments, some awkward ones too, was a bit burnt out when getting to old town so I just ran through the remaining quests. The sound design is simply amazing, graphics are okay for me besides the AF, looks really strange in combination with fences like they simply are missing in about 5 meters distance.
But man, those glitched trophies are annoying, safehouse/quarantine zones/sidequests/lullaby didn't show up.
Don't even want to get the remaining collectibles because of this, at least some dev asked for patience yesterday as they are working to fix this, hopefully...

jeemer

so uh, am i right in thinking they didn't include any horizontal wall running in this game? i got tic tac but it seems to be just for scrambling directly up walls?

it seems infuriating because the tic tac icon looks like a guy running along a wall. it was in mirrors edge and even titanfall more recently.

red731

so uh, am i right in thinking they didn't include any horizontal wall running in this game? i got tic tac but it seems to be just for scrambling directly up walls?

it seems infuriating because the tic tac icon looks like a guy running along a wall. it was in mirrors edge and even titanfall more recently.

Tic tac in parkour sense means jumping from something to something (onto, or catching).
In this game, you can run up a wall and the press left, right, back to jumps in these directions.

Try running up a wall, push back and press jump to catch onto something to continue in the flow.
I would really like wallrunning here. I am having a blast just traversing the city.

Also fuck "Fan zone" side quest(very strong quest). Wasn't expecting that at 82% of the game :lol

I just finished the game. What's with the hazmat guys who sprint at you and explode? This is the first time I've seen them. Thank god I had the shield ready.

Also the ending itself was a disappointment and I hope the sequel it sets up for is DLC, I don't want another full game on the same map or even the same sort of setting.

Eugh, glitches

Toygar won't speak to me, even though he's on my map and the icon is on screen. Just a little grey rectangle where it normally says 'REWARD: Beserker' or similar, and no response when I press Square.

Also think Cease & Desists may be glitched, when I go to the location nothing happens

DomLando

Just finished the story missions and the trophy Bittersweet for completing the game did not unlock. Anyone else have this issue?

Just finished the story missions and the trophy Bittersweet for completing the game did not unlock. Anyone else have this issue?

Read a few posts above yours. That trophy is definitely glitched. It pops for some people, but for most, it doesnt. Supposedly, you have to start a New Game Plus, then start doing a few side missions, and it will pop soon after. How many side missions you do in the New Game Plus tends to vary before the trophy pops, but you dont have to do all of them again.

I know this will not help you, but I am trying to continue to backup my save to a USB as I get closer and closer to completing all the Side Missions (I have already beat the game). I am going to see when I get it down to the last side mission, if it doesn't pop the trophy, if I can reload the save and try again.

Dajanksta

Banned
He didn't want either to live but he wanted to make sure Tahir was "finished" so he couldn't jump up and kill him like Rais seconds later. Shoulda just killed Rais. The "opposite" thing theory is funny though, I could buy that I guess.
That's exactly what I got from that. I thought it was quite obvious. He said stfu a million times so you could tell he was tired of him talking and wasn't going to do what he wanted him to.

thenexus6

Arrived a day early!

qDiab9v.jpg

ChanMan

Anybody looking for a Co-Op partner? I just started playing this two days ago and I am still very early in the game would like to experience Co-op down the line, the night time really creeps me out in this game lol.

So my order of the game was dispatched yesterday. As a preorder bonus I got a download of the soundtrack and surivial guide book.

The book however is not in english. I have uploaded it for anyone to use if they can read it. I think its Russian or something I can't tell.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-q2aofZoO-tT2xDTEpYVnRvTHc/view?usp=sharing

Did you have to enter the codes on a site called Boxoff? If so, you get two separate download options when downloading the handbook - English and Polish.

My copy came a day early too, but I'm gonna wait until tonight to play it. Looking forward to it.

RedAssedApe

Banned
is museum close to the end of the game? don't think i'll do anymore of the sidequests. they are starting to get a little repetitive.

do you get get equipment for clearing quartantine zones?

For anyone interested in Hard Mode I found a gamespot article with a bit more info on it.

Cool, so somewhere around March. Liking what Im reading about it. Hopefully, they also added the idea making shops have limited items along less supplies to find. Felt odd that shops kept restocking everyday in an apocalyptic world where coffee is a valuable item to sell.

TheBear

I've started doing missions in Old Town and forgot to complete some of the side missions in the Slums. Should I go back and complete them now if I want complete everything before the end of the game or will I end up back there eventually? Is it easy enough to get back? The sewer section was pretty time consuming

I've started doing missions in Old Town and forgot to complete some of the side missions in the Slums. Should I go back and complete them now if I want complete everything before the end of the game or will I end up back there eventually? Is it easy enough to get back? The sewer section was pretty time consuming

You go back eventually but there is a fast travel point in the first safe house you get in Old Town (the first tower you go to where you meet Troy) it's on a poster on the wall were the guy is selling stuff, it's easy to miss.

TheBear

Thanks for that, might go back and knock them over before progressing any further.

For anyone on the fence, this is one of the most engrossing games I've played in a very long time. It's like my perfect videogame, I love it.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Bought the DLC, don't think it's massively worth it from what I've read but I can't get enough Dying Light.

In semi related news I'm about 4 hours into Dead Island which feels like a less polished, clunkier Dying Light without parkour, the devs really improved their craft between the two games but it's still enjoyable, especially considering how cheap it is now.

Ricker

Worst tower climbing controls ever in this...how the hell do I climb when I reach a curve in the stupid cable racks...I am at the part with Rais where I have to activate the second tower,the one inside the safe house with the electric fences...such a pain in the ass...at least it auto saved me at the base of it but I fell 4 times to my death now on that stupid tower and that curve...losing survivor points is annoying also on death,with how touchy the climbing is,they could of got rid of that penalty.

Worst tower climbing controls ever in this...how the hell do I climb when I reach a curve in the stupid cable racks...I am at the part with Rais where I have to activate the second tower,the one inside the safe house with the electric fences...such a pain in the ass...at least it auto saved me at the base of it but I fell 4 times to my death now on that stupid tower and that curve...losing survivor points is annoying also on death,with how touchy the climbing is,they could of got rid of that penalty.

When you reach a curve you have to jump to something else.

Ricker

When you reach a curve you have to jump to something else.

Yeah but I dont see anything else to jump to...does he absolutly needs to be doing the waving arm thing when I turn the camera...or maybe I can reach the part just after the curve where the cable rack goes back straight...sigh,I will try again today.

What the hell is up with the stuttering on PS4? It feels like the game jumps above 30fps for a split second when I pan the camera. Pretty annoying. Anyone else experiencing/noticing this?

Top Bottom