• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires |OT|: OK, You Can Marry Lu Bu

1ClNpQrl.jpg

Nkat290.png

The strategic and tactical version of Dynasty Warriors 7 arrives with the Empires spinoff of the main game.
With the return of the Create-A-Warrior system, make bonds, defeat enemies and conquer lands to take over Ancient China in this mix of politics and action game.
Use the new Stratagems to change the tide of the battlefield or the strategy room.
The CAW feature has been revamped with more on sharing your own created characters to having them to replace NPCs.
N0rRzev.png

Developer: Omega Force
Publisher: Koei Tecmo
Platform: PS3
Release Date:
Japan: 11/08/2012
Europe: 02/22/2013
USA: 02/26/2013 (PSN only)
Demo: Yes. There is a Edit Mode Demo where you can transfer your created CAW characters into the full game.
Price:
USA: 49.99
Game Modes: Single Player, Offline and Online Multiplayer
JqR8xep.png

• Stratagems: New tactics that allow you to change the battlefield and turn the tide of battle. Ranging from arrow attacks, building up bases, summoning reinforcements, fire attacks to summoning floods.
  • Fame parameters: Depending on what actions you take and what tactics you do, one of these parameters, Brave, Wise, Kind, Affluent, Orderly, and Evil will rise changing what new missions you can do and what Stratagems you will unlock.
  • Empire Mode: Create your own character and choose what sort of life they'll live.
  • Edit Mode: Complete revamped Create-A-Warrior system. With new features, you are capable to create a character to your liking. More options in hair styles, faces and over 60 possible clothing sets for your characters.
  • New Character: Xu Shu joins the cast wielding a Sword and Hooked Dagger.
  • Weapons Revamped: About a dozen characters have been decloned with DLC weapons and new weapons.
  • DLC: New CAW clothing and new scenarios will be released in the future.
voDzGLs.png

QbJiUyB.png

English Launch Trailer
Japanese Trailer
1cX7XrZ.png

Famitsu - 35/40
IGN - 7.5
8pK97gd.png

• fireflys545
  • SensuiTomo
  • DakkuMaujii
  • Frostu
  • Shadow780

I think I read its going to be $40. I liked the demo but with DW8 coming out in japan soon, idk if I'll be getting this one. Asked Jim Sterling in the Tomb Raider review thread and he confirmed he'll be reviewing it, so we'll get at least 1 review from a fan

Yawnier

Banned
Loved DW5: Empires I put many hours into that one, and I thought that DW6: Empires was okay, nothing special. They took away too many features in 6 Empires and Omega Force made an already somewhat simplified strategy series into something even more easier and basic.

I'm unsure if I want this if a DW8 western release is just on the horizon.

Sora_N

Good thing it's on PSN, I can grab it later. I haven't even touched DW7 yet (playing One Piece Musou atm).

Xander51

Good thing it's on PSN, I can grab it later. I haven't even touched DW7 yet (playing One Piece Musou atm).

Holy crap you have to play DW7, it's amazing!

I would pick up 7 Empires if I still owned a PS3, but alas. I'm a sucker for this series.

I kept failing the demo stage..the caw mode was the better than its ever been, but everything felt really baron compared to Warriors Orochi..

Tiu Neo

Yes, yeeeeeeeesss, finally. Love empires, DW meets ROTK-Lite.

Good thing I have classes tonight, so it'll probably be up when I arrive home.

sensui-tomo

From what i've read on koei warriors, this game is the best empires to date and has the most ROTK x dynasty warriors feel to it. Apparently they made the AI good enough to where you can sit at the main base and still win if you give the right orders(there is a trophy for winning a battle without you killing anyone) Now even with DW8 on the horizon nobody knows if the west will even get that game(hell its might be digital only and from what i heard the game has an optional 11-12GB data install and i doubt they will be able to get this on a disk format when yakuza always gets the special treatment... unless koei makes it an exclusive title which is always a possibility)

Tiu Neo

From what i've read on koei warriors, this game is the best empires to date and has the most ROTK x dynasty warriors feel to it. Apparently they made the AI good enough to where you can sit at the main base and still win if you give the right orders(there is a trophy for winning a battle without you killing anyone)

YES. That's what I wanted. Hope they make a DW + ROTK-Non-Lite someday. Something like RotK 7-8 + DW.

Now even with DW8 on the horizon nobody knows if the west will even get that game(hell its might be digital only and from what i heard the game has an optional 11-12GB data install and i doubt they will be able to get this on a disk format when yakuza always gets the special treatment... unless koei makes it an exclusive title which is always a possibility)

Was 8 announced for the west? Of course they'll bring it, but koei is taking longer and longer to bring games here.

Reknoc

Picked this up on Saturday. Had a small play around with it and it seems really cool. Then I proceeded to remove it from my PS3 and get back to trying to plat 7 :<

Prophane33

Sweet! Was wondering when the OT would be up. I'm hoping we get the Nyabunaga DLC in the US somehow. I'm going to be refreshing PSN like a madman when I get home from school tonight. I (kind of) bought a PS3 for this game.

Wait so eu got a disc release? Wth? Anyone know what the prices is like for it? I may import if that's the case
Also for what it's worth, the physical game is £30 here, so it shouldn't be full price elsewhere.
Totally missed this, do you know any places that'll ship to the us?

Reknoc

Wait so eu got a disc release? Wth? Anyone know what the prices is like for it? I may import if that's the case

Sadly not, Zavvi don't have it stock which is the only site I'm aware of doing it.

Amazon are only selling it through marketplace sellers so maybe they will?

sensui-tomo

Eu got a disk release due to the fact they don't have scea's backwards digital only rule for non English games which are not yakuza. This is why I don't see a high chance of dw8 coming stateside.

Eu got a disk release due to the fact they don't have scea's backwards digital only rule for non English games which are not yakuza. This is why I don't see a high chance of dw8 coming stateside.

Ah this bullshit again, same thing happened with Warriors Orochi 3

Sadly not, Zavvi don't have it stock which is the only site I'm aware of doing it.

Amazon are only selling it through marketplace sellers so maybe they will?

Thanks, I'm seeing that amazon 3rd party sellers are willing to ship to the US (32.99lb+2.99 shipping). How has Koei been about DLC for EU? On par with the US releases?

sensui-tomo

Ah this bullshit again, same thing happened with Warriors Orochi 3

Thanks, I'm seeing that amazon 3rd party sellers are willing to ship to the US (32.99lb+2.99 shipping). How has Koei been about DLC for EU? On par with the US releases?
Koei usually releases the same dlc the same week for eu/na so I wouldn't expect problems. Just remember that you'd have to buy eu psn cards.(I don't think cc or debit works there)

Reknoc

Koei usually releases the same dlc the same week for eu/na so I wouldn't expect problems. Just remember that you'd have to buy eu psn cards.(I don't think cc or debit works there)

Well you can use Paypal now so that might be an option. Also none of the DLC bought for previous games will transfer.

Well you can use Paypal now so that might be an option. Also none of the DLC bought for previous games will transfer.

Thanks guys thats good to know. I may wait a lil bit for Sterling's review to come out first before I jump in. I haven't really bought much dlc in the past but its good to know I can use paypal or cards. Its weird, I'm kinda adverse to buying it digitally because I know the ps4 won't have bc for it but then again it won't have bc for disc games either haha...

Sakura

I'm such a sucker for these games. I just wish things didn't download so painstakingly slow over wifi for my PS3.

sensui-tomo

Thanks guys thats good to know. I may wait a lil bit for Sterling's review to come out first before I jump in. I haven't really bought much dlc in the past but its good to know I can use paypal or cards. Its weird, I'm kinda adverse to buying it digitally because I know the ps4 won't have bc for it but then again it won't have bc for disc games either haha...
Only thing that matters is if u bought any dlc for dw7/ex and if u did its region locked to that region's version of dw7 empires. Stuff that got transferred is all the costume dlc, music, unique weapon skins. Anyone please correct me if wrong or I forgot something.

Yawnier

Banned
From what i've read on koei warriors, this game is the best empires to date and has the most ROTK x dynasty warriors feel to it. Apparently they made the AI good enough to where you can sit at the main base and still win if you give the right orders(there is a trophy for winning a battle without you killing anyone) Now even with DW8 on the horizon nobody knows if the west will even get that game(hell its might be digital only and from what i heard the game has an optional 11-12GB data install and i doubt they will be able to get this on a disk format when yakuza always gets the special treatment... unless koei makes it an exclusive title which is always a possibility)

If this game is the best Empires to date claimed by some people I might actually have to buy it then and I hate having to buy a digital copy of a game when there is a physical release somewhere else of the same price (yes, I'm really conservative that way).

Also, if Yakuza 5 and DW8 both don't get brought over here to EU/NA, I will be one sad panda.

Prophane33

Waiting for Dynasty Warriors 7: Empires to come up on PSN is like waiting for Santa Claus/Hanukkah Harry. I'm just going to check every hour starting at 5:00 EST. Needless to say as soon as it's up I'll inform everyone (as well as the price!), if someone doesn't do it first.

Hystzen

Might have pick this up last empires game I bought was 4 never bothered with the rest. I'm not worried about the whole not buy this because 8 is due mainly because I expect 8 be released sometime near November

Do we know if DW8 will have CAW, or is it an Empires only feature? I tried it out and it was quite nice, but I'm not sure if I want to spend all this time in Empires and then be sick of the game when DW8 hits.

Do we know if DW8 will have CAW, or is it an Empires only feature? I tried it out and it was quite nice, but I'm not sure if I want to spend all this time in Empires and then be sick of the game when DW8 hits.

DW8 doesn't have the CAW feature. It's probably Empires only feature from now on.

sensui-tomo

DW8 does not have CaW. The only main Warriors title that had caw was samurai warriors 1 iirc and is usually an empires(and sometimes extreme legends) only thing.

Top Bottom