• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 |OT| Musou Horny Unicorn Edition

Shadow780

iKeepPlaying said:
No Custom Wing Zero makes me sad :(
But I guess I'll buy it.... as soon as it hits 40 bucks.
I still can't get all the trophy's on DW:Gundam 2

I'm actually quite happy with original gundams from TV series, OVA W Gundams are way too overblown in SRW games.

Beth Cyra

Shadow780 said:
I'm actually quite happy with original gundams from TV series, OVA W Gundams are way too overblown in SRW games.
That kinda loses alot of the punch when the latest voiced and aweomly animated SRW has TV and it was only the quick cash in's on the DS that had Endless Waltz.

Shadow780

TruePrime said:
That kinda loses alot of the punch when the latest voiced and aweomly animated SRW has TV and it was only the quick cash in's on the DS that had Endless Waltz.

Yep, it is a welcome sign.

Beth Cyra

Shadow780 said:
Yep, it is a welcome sign.
Haha I doubt it last for long.

Even Gundam Vs Gundam finally dropped Wing TV completely.

Plus with Gundam Wing being retold with the Endless Waltz suits it only gives more fuel to the fire to use Custom's more often then the TV suits.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I know Kamille's a man's name, but he better prove he is a man this time around. Whiny bitch.

Looking forward to actually playing online this time around. Took too long to get to DWG2's and could never get it.

EvaTType01

Neo Member
zoner said:
good. i am prepared for 4 player

4-player co-op is a tad disappointing. suffers from phantasy star universe inconsistency, IE what your doing on your screen is not necessarily reflected on the other players screens, vice versa.

at best, the session will end in 5 minutes, do not go expecting 4-player co-op to battle relentless waves of enemies and battle big giant bosses for 30 minutes......

Graphics are amazing though, also anybody who played the JP version notice they translated the trophies in english lol!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
EvaTType01 said:
4-player co-op is a tad disappointing. suffers from phantasy star universe inconsistency, IE what your doing on your screen is not necessarily reflected on the other players screens, vice versa.

at best, the session will end in 5 minutes, do not go expecting 4-player co-op to battle relentless waves of enemies and battle big giant bosses for 30 minutes......

Graphics are amazing though, also anybody who played the JP version notice they translated the trophies in english lol!

Shit. So it's DW7's online, then. Great. Looks like I'll be getting the online trophies then avoiding online forever.

And holy crap dude, you're using an avatar I made! :D

Incredible thread title. Sucks about the online being disappointing, I was hoping the coop would be fun.

Oh well, single player never lets me down in these games.

EvaTType01

Neo Member
Seraphis Cain said:
Shit. So it's DW7's online, then. Great. Looks like I'll be getting the online trophies then avoiding online forever.

And holy crap dude, you're using an avatar I made! :D

oooh yeah...i didnt wanna bump the sengoku basara thread, i guess i should have sent you a pm haha

yes, its basically dw7 with 2 more people. spending time online will be the last thing you do because it requires a lot of getting high friendship with the pilots....all of them!

Shadow780 said:
Online trophies? Gawd I need someone to trophy boost with me then D:

dont worry, youll be spamming a certain G-gundam mission lol

I wonder if JP imports can play with US versions......

Xater said:
7W0nA.png

The only other review that matters will be the one by Jim Sterling anyway.

Ew?

Seraphis Cain said:
He's the only "professional" reviewer who gives Musou games a fair shake when it comes to reviews.

And?

daffy

Banned
Grrrr THIS OT SUCKS!!!!! >:D

hahah, no but good job Xater, I sent you a PM, but yeah there must've been a communication error somewhere.

Hyped for this game nevertheless. I'm so musou horny.

duckroll

Okay, I'm really sorry about this, because there was a communication lapse, and two members were given "permission" by different mods to make an OT without anyone else knowing. I apologize, because I originally locked this thread without knowing any better.

I'll like to state for the record that instead of -just- sending a mod a PM about an OT, it is always best if the person(s) planning to make an OT for a game to specifically state so in the current discussion or news threads regarding that game. Make sure that the entire community here talking about that specific game know that you're making the OT. If someone else wants to make it, talk it out and make a compromise among yourselves. This doesn't have to be a fight, we're all just trying to get along and have a good time discussion about games here.

Thanks.

Negator

This comes out next week? Damn. It really snuck up on me. It's totally crazy, this'll be the first Bandai Namco game I buy since Tales of Vesperia.

I'm more interested in playing this than I was before. Since the original announcement, I have brushed up on the Gundam universe and I'd say that my Gundamology has inceased tenfold, as I just recently went through MSG, Z, ZZ, and Victory gundam.

100% Pony Free? Was that really necessary? I laughed.

Xater

I proposed to FTH to merge our OTs. He can use any of my stuff if he wants to. The I would delete my now post #65.

duckroll

Xater said:
I proposed to FTH to merge our OTs. He can use any of my stuff if he wants to. The I would delete my now post #65.

Okay, whatever you guys work out, just lemme know what you need. :)

daffy

Banned
Xater said:
Sure! I'm pretty sleepy but I'll totally do that! Let me know if you want any changes.

Xater

Negator said:
This comes out next week? Damn. It really snuck up on me. It's totally crazy, this'll be the first Bandai Namco game I buy since Tales of Vesperia.

I'm more interested in playing this than I was before. Since the original announcement, I have brushed up on the Gundam universe and I'd say that my Gundamology has inceased tenfold, as I just recently went through MSG, Z, ZZ, and Victory gundam.

100% Pony Free? Was that really necessary? I laughed.

I think this will be my first Namco Bandai game since Tekken 6. Pretty pumped about it though.

And btw I actually have no problem with Pony GAF I just thought it was funny because of the Unicorn thing. :)

Can't wait!!! I have so many games I need to finish before next week. Quick question, whats this about Wing being retold with the Endless Waltz suits? Did I miss something?

EDIT: Perhaps I misread that.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Could someone who has played the Japanese version explain to me in detail how blueprints work? I've read a description but I still don't quite get it...

Xater

Seraphis Cain said:
Could someone who has played the Japanese version explain to me in detail how blueprints work? I've read a description but I still don't quite get it...

*paging AdawgDaFAB*

Beth Cyra

RiderKairuu said:
Can't wait!!! I have so many games I need to finish before next week. Quick question, whats this about Wing being retold with the Endless Waltz suits? Did I miss something?

EDIT: Perhaps I misread that.
Last year they started two new Wing projects. As far as I understand it one was a Manga that was pretty much a retelling of Wing's story line with the Endless Waltz designs.

The other I believe was a light/novel sequel story line called something like Crystaline Tears or some such nonsense. Havent heard alot of details about it myself other then seeing the weird Releena/Dorothy thing that is wearing Zech's military outfit.

Went ahead and looked it up.

The sequel novel is called Frozen Teardrop and it is set in the future and even starts a new Gundam timeline, M.C. Aka Mars Century.

The manga is a retelling of the anime events with the Endless Waltz designs and features elements from Project Zero and Frozen Teardrop.

Xater

Seraphis Cain said:
Haha, it's funny. Adawg and I have talked about DWG3 so much on AIM, and yet I don't think we've ever gone over the blueprint system. :lol

He has to show up eventually. It's a Musou thread after all. ;)

Augemitbutter said:
anybody in here attain 100% trophies? trophy design in musou 2 was so very, very bad.

I know that Andawg has the platinum in this.

Augemitbutter said:
anybody in here attain 100% trophies? trophy design in musou 2 was so very, very bad.

If I read trophy guide right, this one can be done in just like 80 hrs, so it cant be too bad. I aim to try too, just those online...hopefully people will actually take this online.

Ribbons!

Bebpo said:
Anyone who likes musou or gundam needs to buy this. Game is really great.

But the pics in the OP are terrible and the game does not look like that. Dunno why those pics are so washed out and awful looking.
What if I like Gundam but dislike Musou?
I probably shouldn't, but I'm quite tempted.

Does this have local coop? And is everything locked out before you can enjoy it in coop? Was pissed when I got the FotnS game and everything was locked and my buddy and I couldn't even do coop right from the start.

Beth Cyra

_dementia said:
What if I like Gundam but dislike Musou?
I probably shouldn't, but I'm quite tempted.
I would say it would be fun for a gundam fan for the first few hours.

But honestly after you use your favorite suits/characters a few times if you really dislike Musou style games it will wear on you pretty quick.

The fact that it still uses a very few select maps (and when I say few I really mean it) and still uses Random as part of it's design it really doesn't hold up as something that can pull you through on the Gundam half alone, or I don't think so.

Others however might disagree.

I would still say give it a shot by rent at least, it is a really fun game that has certainly been improved from GM1.

EvaTType01

Neo Member
Seraphis Cain said:

Think of blueprints as weapon pick-ups from the old dynasty warriors/samurai warriors. When you pick up a blueprint its gonna be for the entire mecha, (unlike preivous dwg2 where you picked up parts), blue prints = STATS for mecha! the higher lvls you play, the possibility of a better blue print that will drop. If i remember right, you get to make up to 3-5 customs blue prints (i forgot the exact number), each custom you can upgrade the stats individually, EI = beam, melee, booster, HP, etc.

Augemitbutter said:

i have, the worst trophy is attaining full friendship with all pilots! Also musou 2 did not have trophies, only Dynasty warriors gundam 2.

BattleMonkey said:
Does this have local coop? And is everything locked out before you can enjoy it in coop? Was pissed when I got the FotnS game and everything was locked and my buddy and I couldn't even do coop right from the start.

There is local co-op, whatever you have unlocked will be available to player 2, player 2 can also lvl up and keep the stats for player 1's profile. Keep in mind, not all LEVELS are co-op, only specific missions are local co-op

Dedication Through Light said:
If I read trophy guide right, this one can be done in just like 80 hrs, so it cant be too bad. I aim to try too, just those online...hopefully people will actually take this online.

Ribbons!

they "WILL" take it online, its the only way to lvl up faster and get points. So this game might die, once tons of people start plat'ing it.

Top Bottom