• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 |OT| Musou Horny Unicorn Edition

zoner said:
Tick is like an American Rider
vq35ue.png

Shadow780

Chinatown didn't have it this weekend, going to check it out Monday.

I assume they'll have generic BGMs again instead of licensed tracks?

ReaperXL7

Anyone know if they have released DLC in Japan yet? There was quite a bit of DLC for Gundam 2 which you can take in a positive or negative way, but I'm hoping we will see more releases of G Gundam suits, as well as a few others from some of the earlier series.

I really wish they would use licensed music more often in these games, the BMGs are not the worst i've ever heard but the i've always enjoy most of the music from Gundam seems a waste to let all that material just waste away.

Shadow780 said:
Chinatown didn't have it this weekend, going to check it out Monday.

I assume they'll have generic BGMs again instead of licensed tracks?
The licensed tracks will more than likely be taken out, but the generic interactive tracks in the JP version were great. In fact, those played a majority of the time aside from the occasional story specific levels.

And the DLC included some new missions and the following units:
Susanoo
Kshatriya
Cherudim
Arios
Seravee

Shadow780

donkey show said:
The licensed tracks will more than likely be taken out, but the generic interactive tracks in the JP version were great. In fact, those played a majority of the time aside from the occasional story specific levels.

What do you mean by interactive?

Shadow780 said:
What do you mean by interactive?
Depending on the flow of the battle (how well you're doing based on those gauges on the top right of the HUD), the music will change. So for example, you've captured more grids than the enemy, the music will become more upbeat. If you're doing shitty, the music will change to a more desperate tone.

Went ahead and preordered this at GameStop just in case I'd have a hard time since word is quantities are limited. I was supposed to be off on Tue but got asked to come into work, I had planned to play all day but still excited nonetheless. HYPE!

Wazzim

Banned
Forgot this was coming till I saw it on an UK site last week, I'll wait for some reviews/deals before ordering it.
EDIT: Oh I see it for €40 on a dutch site, it's a no brainer then.

Dedication Through Light said:
No one got it yet?

I just got home with it. Could have gotten it Saturday, but I like my life and only put it on the line when I'm already forced to venture into Newark for work.

MoxManiac

donkey show said:
Depending on the flow of the battle (how well you're doing based on those gauges on the top right of the HUD), the music will change. So for example, you've captured more grids than the enemy, the music will become more upbeat. If you're doing shitty, the music will change to a more desperate tone.

That's been in a number of musou games before.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I wonder if the 3rd part will be better than Basara. I'll probably just wait for reviews before ordering.

The End

I had serious, serious issues with DW:G2, but I put in ~40 hours anyway (Maxed out the F91 and Turn-A, etc.)

I know I'm going to buy this. I've resigned myself.

Okay, so I started and I love it so far as usual, but can someone explain to me what in the hell the flow of this game is supposed to be? I mean, I'm just randomly doing story battles right now, but what in the world am I supposed to do with my money?

What exactly are the "plans" and how do they work? How am I supposed to know what plans are worth using/purchasing/building?

If I buy the single stat upgrades, are they wasted if I end up making another "plan" of the same mobile suit?

Should I be buying skills, or can you earn them from leveling up or anything else?

Edit: Also, what do operators do?

HBroward

I pre-ordered the PS3 version the other day after seeing this thread. I've always passed on Dynasty Warrior games, but I figured if I wanted any other good Gundam games, I better support the franchise.

Ezalc

Really?! That's all that is representing G Gundam? With all the awesome Gundams they could pick, read Spiegel, they pick that last one to include? What the fuck man. Seriously at least somebody from the Shuffle Alliance damn.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Dedication Through Light said:
Oh yes mine shipped from AMZN, Wednesday cant get here fast enough. Definitely looking to be the best $29.99 Ive ever paid for a game.

Least I'm not the only one who has to wait until Wednesday. :lol

I actually sorta don't even trust the place to get it in on Wednesday. It took them like two weeks to get my copy of DWG2 in. =/ Damn Koei's awful distribution.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Hmmmmmm.. I actually paid the 4 bucks for overnight shipping on my copy 'cause I'm really looking forward to this. My order just changed to the processing phase right now, tho I haven't gotten the shipment email.

I wonder if it'll ship tonight!

NightHawk17 said:
im probably just gonna end up buying this even though ive got a huge backlog:(

These are Gaming Soul Food games, my friend. Beating the holy living shit out of 10,000 bad guys with that ex ex ex ex why why why why ex ex ex ex why why why why with your super hero dude. I find it's quite easy to put these games at the front of a backlog!

hitmon

Considering getting this at gamestop.. Was going to wait for price drop, but I noticed DWG2 didn't really drop in price or did I miss it?

Beth Cyra

Ezalc said:
Really?! That's all that is representing G Gundam? With all the awesome Gundams they could pick, read Spiegel, they pick that last one to include? What the fuck man. Seriously at least somebody from the Shuffle Alliance damn.
Well at least they got a new pilot and it has a Partner as well so it didn't do to bad as far as additions go.

daffy

Banned
Hey guys, when anyone gets their copy, can you confirm if the online gameplay is region locked or not.

Thanks.

FTH said:
Hey guys, when anyone gets their copy, can you confirm if the online gameplay is region locked or not.

Thanks.

I tried to play online but i had no luck getting into any games. Anyway when i check the rankings it shows ranks of people from other regions, so my guess is it's not region locked.

Oh also booooo at
00 Gundam but not Exia. Hobo Exia is the best thing in the series
. Oh well maybe I'll just stuff Setsuna in some random mobile suit.

Beth Cyra

Lostconfused said:
Oh also booooo at
00 Gundam but not Exia. Hobo Exia is the best thing in the series
. Oh well maybe I'll just stuff Setsuna in some random mobile suit.
Haha well to be fair Heero, Kira, Domon, and Garrod all suffer from this.

TruePrime said:
Haha well to be fair Heero, Kira, Domon, and Garrod all suffer from this.
Well I can see that being ok for Heero and Domon because their upgraded suits aren't really all that different from the original ones.

Beth Cyra

Lostconfused said:
Well I can see that being ok for Heero and Domon because their upgraded suits aren't really all that different from the original ones.
True enough. Well for the time being anyway. It will be interesting to see exactly how Snow White is equiped.

daffy

Banned
dragonflys545 said:
I tried to play online but i had no luck getting into any games. Anyway when i check the rankings it shows ranks of people from other regions, so my guess is it's not region locked.
Ahh ok, thanks a ton!!

Hopefully this is the case.

Ken

Played for about an hour and am having a lot more fun than I had with DW7 but that's probably because of personal preference for Gundams.

ReaperXL7

Ezalc said:

I know how you feel, I can only imagine how awesome it would have been to have Gundam Zeus in the game especially, but there are so many too choose from in Mobile Fighter that it's hard to understand sometimes why the series does not get as much love.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ezalc said:
None of the gundams in G matter except Master and God

...and Windmill gundam

EYEL1NER

Ezalc said:
I fucking love Rose Gundam. Wish it was in the game......... :(

CANNOT sleep and I have work in the morning. All I can think about is getting off of work and getting drenched in hot robot on robot action! Thy body is readyeth

matmanx1

Oh man the graphics in this game are a HUGE step up from DW:G2. The game looks so, so slick. I really can't believe it, honestly. It's cell shaded but it's exceptionally well implemented in a way that still looks realistic.

Starting out I immediately feel more deadly than I ever did in DW:G2. I had over 500 kills in the first mission alone without even trying hard. Enemies are more aggressive for sure but power ups also seem to be more common.

Oh and definitely watch the intro movie. It's actually pretty awesome!

Top Bottom