• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 |OT| Musou Horny Unicorn Edition

robot

Has anyone tried out online? Anyone wanna get a team going later this week, don't think anyone on my friends list is going to have this.

S. L.

unfortunately my copy won't be arriving before next week, but i am looking forward to put endless hours into Qubeley/Haman ownage :D

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If anyone wants to try some co-op today, my xbl is in my profile and I should be playing this and Trenched most of the day today. Been using Yazan and Sinanju

Ryuukan

Just grabbed it for PS3. I've only played the original one's XBL demo for about an hour so I'm looking forward to it!

I never really bothered with DX in the JP version aside from the mandatory missions, but Garroad's English VA is just way too hilarious not to use, and now I really appreciate DX's air musou. KEEEEEEEE YAAAAAAW!!!

And it's always scary how this game hooks me. I just wanted to play for like 2 hours last night and ended up playing for 7 straight.

My only complaint about this game is how they've marginalized the weak gundams by giving them all the same normal->charge->dash attack loop. In 2 many of them had only one or two attacks and no dashes and as a result they played very differently from the powerful suits, and the random skill acquisition system encouraged you to try them anyway. Even after I got its skills I still occasionally hopped into a Ball and did a few missions for fun.

Now that they play exactly like all the other suits, there's really no reason to bother. You're just getting different numbers. Though the camera makes it still fun to drive the adorable little Zeku Tank.

Otherwise, I love it. Merging the story mode and mission mode into one big mode works perfectly, and making the friendship stuff, reward missions, and suit licenses persistent across all characters removes a huge amount of grindiness.

Beth Cyra

zoner said:
Who thought, 'hey let's put Schwarz in the game... but not his gundam!'
This actually kinda makes sense though.

They already had Pilots and didn't have suits (Lacus and Lunamaria) plus when you add the fact that his VA was already there for another character it was an easy way to get another character for G Gundam that is both popular and important to the plot.

Don't get me wrong, I wish his Gundam was in, it's my favorite from G. However I'm happy he is here and to me even like this it's alot better then making Lacus a pilot.

Neki

so far, a couple of hours in, amuro's gundam is the best, that 5 beam attack is too good at clearing stuff out. :p I really want to use Strike Freedom, but I really don't like the charge attacks on it, and his special is kinda crappy unless you jump in the air / low on health.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Some day this series will bother to add all the awesome 08th MS team suits and the Kampfer from 0080. I'd also kill for a F.A.Z.Z. or any of the Zeta variants.

S. L.

sure if you enjoy ridiculous designs...
they are like Katoki designs infused with five gallons of steroids, mehhhhh

S. L. said:
sure if you enjoy ridiculous designs...

AOZ designs had the most technical backings of most gundam designs. Each was designed and came with highly detailed tech detailing about every minute detail, and how majority of it all had actual sensible plausibility and not just to "look cool". Much of it also was designed around trying to fit around what was going on in Zeta designs and how the tech was first designed in AOZ prototypes and the evolution of it.

The designs weren't meant to be hurr hurr giant looking and such, they were made to have more feasibility and less suspension of disbelief that you got with the anime designs that magically often had giant technological leaps

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
So, I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors game since the second one, but I got a random urge to bust one out and being a long time Gundam fan this seemed like the obvious choice.

I was sort of curious about grabbing this with a friend, but I got word that the online co-op is pretty bad so now I'm not too sure.

Can anyone fill me in on how robust the online components are?

KidDork said:
You guys got me thinking, so I just ordered Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2. I"m trusting you!

Haha sucker. This entire thread was an elaborate ruse set up just to trick you. That's what you get for your trust.

So is Reborns just...not good? It's probably one of my favorite suits style wise, but the moveset just isn't interesting me at this point. I haven't gotten the last two charge attacks though. Do they do anything to make it better, or is it just kind of junky?

On a side note, which suits are actually really good, gameplay wise, in this one? Is Deathscythe one of them?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
robotzombie said:
So is Reborns just...not good? It's probably one of my favorite suits style wise, but the moveset just isn't interesting me at this point. I haven't gotten the last two charge attacks though. Do they do anything to make it better, or is it just kind of junky?

On a side note, which suits are actually really good, gameplay wise, in this one? Is Deathscythe one of them?

I'm actually really liking Reborns. :shrug

Double X is super good, though. His air SP regularly obliterates entire fields, even in the later story missions.

Beth Cyra

robotzombie said:

Reborns fully unlocked was alright, I enjoyed using him overall.

DX is a beast, high powered Air SP is almost to the point of being broken.

Wing Zero is still one of the best with both field clears and single boss kills with the Rolling Twin Buster Rifle and standard Buster Rifle. The third charge was turned into a Wave Rider Crash with it's Neo Bird Mode which was a nice addition.

Unicorn in Destroy/OO in Trans AM and Knight Gundam in it's super mode are all super broken.

As for Deathschythe, honestly it is middle ground at best. The only really good suit for my money out of all the new Wing additions is Tallgeese II, and even it's Air SP is a gutted garbage version of DX's Air SP.

matmanx1

At this point I'm not sure if there's a reason to pick up DW:G2. I may have put 40 hours into it and had a really good time with it but pretty much all the content that was in 2 is in 3 and they've made some nice improvements with the graphics (night and day difference for the better if you ask me) and the way you progress (no negative friendship hits!) through the game.

Oh and of the 12 copies my local Gamestop got in on Tuesday only 1 was left today. This makes me glad for some strange reason. Almost like a celebration of nerdiness or something.

matmanx1 said:
At this point I'm not sure if there's a reason to pick up DW:G2. I may have put 40 hours into it and had a really good time with it but pretty much all the content that was in 2 is in 3 and they've made some nice improvements with the graphics (night and day difference for the better if you ask me) and the way you progress (no negative friendship hits!) through the game.

Oh and of the 12 copies my local Gamestop got in on Tuesday only 1 was left today. This makes me glad for some strange reason. Almost like a celebration of nerdiness or something.

The only thing I seem to dislike 3 more than 2 on is the stages. They just feel so generic and same-y in this one. Other than that, this one seems improved on just about every count

Bebpo

Banned
robotzombie said:

Deathscythe is average but his ground sp attack can instant kill a group of generals all standing next to each other.

Awww man, my trophies for the JP version synched up with the US version. Now wonder I wasn't getting any of the normal bronzes, derp.

Someone mentioned it before but god fighting mobile armors now is ANNOYING. I suffered my first defeat by Psycho Gundam >_< Loving the game and all the new additions so far though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is anyone else finding this one...much harder than DWG2? I mean, enemy Aces are just blatantly FAR more powerful than you this time around. The new Emergency Dash helps, but still. I've been killed several times now by Aces that only have to hit me three or four times to fully deplete my life bar.

Heh 3 hours of play and only one trophy. I was new to the gameplay and just did those tutorial missions, still just one left. I thought the gameplay would feel repetitive but it oddly, feels fresh each time I enter into a new mission. The mobile suits really swarm around my gundam keeping me on my toes and not to mention the powerful commanders too, in addition to watching for my partners safety and my base, so much to keep track of.

Neki

lol, I don't know like 75% of the people I'm killing in this game.

Is anyone else finding this one...much harder than DWG2? I mean, enemy Aces are just blatantly FAR more powerful than you this time around. The new Emergency Dash helps, but still. I've been killed several times now by Aces that only have to hit me three or four times to fully deplete my life bar.
A commander raped me in one attack. I think it was a special attack, but with all the mobile suits swarming you, it's kinda hard to see it coming out.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Stahsky said:
So, I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors game since the second one, but I got a random urge to bust one out and being a long time Gundam fan this seemed like the obvious choice.

I was sort of curious about grabbing this with a friend, but I got word that the online co-op is pretty bad so now I'm not too sure.

Can anyone fill me in on how robust the online components are?

Anyone care to answer this? Super curious about this time.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Playing online with two friends and various (usually Japanese, Rank 1) randoms.

Great fun. Even with the same exact online problems DW7 had, it's still somehow more fun.

Oh wait, that'd be because it's not DW7. >_>

Ken

Seraphis Cain said:
Playing online with two friends and various (usually Japanese, Rank 1) randoms.

Great fun. Even with the same exact online problems DW7 had, it's still somehow more fun.

Oh wait, that'd be because it's not DW7. >_>
Are online missions the same as the offline coop missions?

Neki

Ken said:
Are online missions the same as the offline coop missions?
I was reading the box and I think they're specific co-op missions for you to play online. Don't quote me on that though, I will check later when I'm playing. :p

Ken

Ultimoo said:
I was reading the box and I think they're specific co-op missions for you to play online. Don't quote me on that though, I will check later when I'm playing. :p
That's what I was thinking. The back of the box just says 15 specially designed missions for coop play with friends.

Ken

zoner said:
4 and a half? I'm at like 17...

God what's wrong with me
I've been dividing my time between RE: Mercenaries, Super Robot Wars Z2, and this but I think I'll get to 17 hours soon as well, not that that's a bad thing lol.

Also, your avatar reminds me that I should go catch up on T&B.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
There's no Gundam Musou (whichever part) game demo available on the PS3, right? :/

Neki

Keiician said:
There's no Gundam Musou (whichever part) game demo available on the PS3, right? :/
Nope.

It plays like Dynasty Warriors, but you can hover for short periods of time, you can dash, you have a Musou attack, and you have a ranged attack you can combo into from your basic slashes. You also have purple health that regenerates, but purple health doesn't restore all of your health, so game play is a lot less reliant on finding items to heal yourself. It's a lot faster game-play style because of the constant dashing to prevent staggering and to continue string combos. If you didn't mind Dynasty Warriors gameplay, and you like the Gundam universe, then it's a good buy.

MoxManiac

There's a demo for the first gundam musou on ps3. The first game isn't nearly as good as 2 (or i'm assuming 3)

Speaking of which, I'm seriously tempted to go pick up 3 after work. I hesitate because i'm broke, but I cannot in good faith miss a musou game. :/

It's funny I could care less about gundam but I need this game.

Any more impressions about the gameplay in 3? Improvements over the first 2? Etc.?

Got mine coming in today from Amazon, need impressions to read while Im at work all day!

Top Bottom