• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 |OT| Musou Horny Unicorn Edition

matmanx1 said:
Oh man the graphics in this game are a HUGE step up from DW:G2. The game looks so, so slick. I really can't believe it, honestly. It's cell shaded but it's exceptionally well implemented in a way that still looks realistic.

Starting out I immediately feel more deadly than I ever did in DW:G2. I had over 500 kills in the first mission alone without even trying hard. Enemies are more aggressive for sure but power ups also seem to be more common.

Oh and definitely watch the intro movie. It's actually pretty awesome!

Aggressive opponents sound great!

EYEL1NER

I picked up my copy at lunch. Now I just have to make it through another 15 minutes of work and then a doctor's appointment and then I'm golden.

Since my video game website browsing is limited here at work (the .net version of GAF is about the only site that isn't blocked), can anyone tell me what the co-op missions are like? I know splitscreen multi was pretty lame in the last two games and my buddy is interested in playing this with me tonight.

Also, scored a cheap copy of the first game on 360 for $14 on Amazon today!

Chromax

matmanx1 said:
Oh man the graphics in this game are a HUGE step up from DW:G2. The game looks so, so slick. I really can't believe it, honestly. It's cell shaded but it's exceptionally well implemented in a way that still looks realistic.

Starting out I immediately feel more deadly than I ever did in DW:G2. I had over 500 kills in the first mission alone without even trying hard. Enemies are more aggressive for sure but power ups also seem to be more common.

Oh and definitely watch the intro movie. It's actually pretty awesome!

This. I'm having a lot of fun, there's definitely something about this game that's a step up from the previous games.

matmanx1

donkey show said:
Yes. No more space missions in the entire game.

Wow, really? I didn't mind them, truth be told. It's not like you were really in space anyway, right? Just running around on some ground that happened to look alot like outer space...

donkey show said:
Beam-type Musous (or Unicorn in general) are the best way to take them down.
Doesn't really help when a single special attack just one shots you and it just starts spamming it every twenty or thirty seconds or something. What an annoyance.

Edit: Oh well took three attempts on the mission but I finally got it. I guess I hit my first wall where the game stops being as easy as you think it is.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Ended up getting my copy today after all. Overall, I'm impressed. Not *entirely* sure I like the "chain explosion" thing yet, but hey.

Like I said though, very impressed so far. Time will tell if I end up liking it more than 2, but so far it's looking good.

Lostconfused said:
Doesn't really help when a single special attack just one shots you and it just starts spamming it every twenty or thirty seconds or something. What an annoyance.

Edit: Oh well took three attempts on the mission but I finally got it. I guess I hit my first wall where the game stops being as easy as you think it is.

What difficulty are you on?

Came home and did the intro mission then fell victim to sleep...now Im ready for war.

Edit: LOL when you go to the shop and it says "Allow to explain further"

EYEL1NER

I see a couple people up there didn't like the space issues. I didn't have a problem with them.

I haven't seen anything in the game that explains it yet (or I might have accidentally skipped over it). What do the operators that you are able to select do?
I have to say, from my limited playtime tonight, I am loving it. But I am not sure if I like the upgrade system/parts collecting yet.

Beth Cyra

Well since I already had my turn at Gameplay and system and all that in the Musuo thread I will just talk about the translation.

I got say even after three games not having Hildreth is a shame for Heero, though the DW G guy is starting to fill the role as well as one can expect I guess.

The new VA's for
Master Asia and Kamile
are complete and total garbage though. Even more so since one of them had his original VA up to this point.

Trieze sounds odd, honestly the one time I had a mission with him he didn't sound like David but he wasn't bad if it was someone new. More Domon then Heero and the other two I mentioned.

One thing is really highlighted for me though, I don't get OO fans.

I can understand the hate for Heero, honestly outside of the voice and his suits I think the only good thing about him was when he was insane in the first episode. However after dealing with Setsuna in English for the Those Who Fighter Chapter, this guy is quite possibly the most unlikeable annoying douchebag I have ever had the misfortune of having to play.

That said, it's weird reading at other places were one person will thinks Heero/Setsuna is the greatest only to turn and slam the other.

I didn't watch much of OO, the suit design didn't really tickle my fancy, but Heero and Setsuna have pretty much the same relationship that Amuro/Kira and Shinn/Kamile had before them.

MechaX

TruePrime said:
Well since I already had my turn at Gameplay and system and all that in the Musuo thread I will just talk about the translation.

I got say even after three games not having Hildreth is a shame for Heero, though the DW G guy is starting to fill the role as well as one can expect I guess.

The new VA's for
Master Asia and Kamile
are complete and total garbage though. Even more so since one of them had his original VA up to this point.

Trieze sounds odd, honestly the one time I had a mission with him he didn't sound like David but he wasn't bad if it was someone new. More Domon then Heero and the other two I mentioned.

One thing is really highlighted for me though, I don't get OO fans.

I can understand the hate for Heero, honestly outside of the voice and his suits I think the only good thing about him was when he was insane in the first episode. However after dealing with Setsuna in English for the Those Who Fighter Chapter, this guy is quite possibly the most unlikeable annoying douchebag I have ever had the misfortune of having to play.

That said, it's weird reading at other places were one person will thinks Heero/Setsuna is the greatest only to turn and slam the other.

I didn't watch much of OO, the suit design didn't really tickle my fancy, but Heero and Setsuna have pretty much the same relationship that Amuro/Kira and Shinn/Kamile had before them.

Setsuna in the actual series wasn't too annoying. Sure, his catch phrase "I AM GUNDAM" got annoying by the middle of the first season, but he wasn't too obnoxious. The main problem was that he was just really, really boring in the series.

This is also the first Gundam Musou game I have ever played outside of random demos for the previous titles. And... hm... I don't know what to say about the VA. Domon and Kamille sound absolutely terrible (in Domon's example, I know his previous VA retired, but the new guy didn't even attempt to sound like any plausible depiction of the character). But for the most part, a lot of the voices just sound really off to me. Yeah, Setsuna/Amuro are the same as ever, and I guess Athrun is the same too (which I guess would mean that they used the Canadian VAs).

Unlicensed character-wise, Loran sounds and acts exactly as I expected him to. Garrod is absolutely fucking annoying, though. Jesus, is he really like that in the Gundam X series?

Reknoc

How, hm, consistent is the english VA in this? One of the most unintentionally funny moments I've had in a video game was in the DW: Gundam 2, where in one of Amuro's levels his voice actor changed for a single line and it sounded nothing like his original voice which is used in the rest of the game.

Beth Cyra

MechaX said:
Setsuna in the actual series wasn't too annoying. Sure, his catch phrase "I AM GUNDAM" got annoying by the middle of the first season, but he wasn't too obnoxious. The main problem was that he was just really, really boring in the series.

This is also the first Gundam Musou game I have ever played outside of random demos for the previous titles. And... hm... I don't know what to say about the VA. Domon and Kamille sound absolutely terrible (in Domon's example, I know his previous VA retired, but the new guy didn't even attempt to sound like any plausible depiction of the character). But for the most part, a lot of the voices just sound really off to me. Yeah, Setsuna/Amuro are the same as ever, and I guess Athrun is the same too (which I guess would mean that they used the Canadian VAs).

Unlicensed character-wise, Loran sounds and acts exactly as I expected him to. Garrod is absolutely fucking annoying, though. Jesus, is he really like that in the Gundam X series?
I'll take your word for it, and am actually happy to hear that Setsuna isn't as bad in OO, because while it's I guess understandable to have the only one phase of Heero since it would need Relena for him to have the rest of his character, Setsuna turns up the notch on being incredibly single minded.

And yeah that I AM Gundam gets even worse when he is screaming it as support and it turns into WE ARE GUNDAM.

That aside, I too didn't mind Loran, in fact I have enjoyed Loran's english VA since the original DW G.

One other thing was Garrod. I always figured Tiffa to be as she is-painfullly reminds me of Rei from EVA when she is done in english weirdly- but Garrod is almost comical with how bad he is. Honestly it seems like they went beyond the call of duty to make him terrible.

As for Domon and Kamile, well Domon was simply the best of a terrible group for me. He at least seemed some what okay compared to the more awful recasts.

Kamile though was pretty decent in DW G 1 and 2, the VA for 3 is different and far far worse.

Reknoc said:
How, hm, consistent is the english VA in this? One of the most unintentionally funny moments I've had in a video game was in the DW: Gundam 2, where in one of Amuro's levels his voice actor changed for a single line and it sounded nothing like his original voice which is used in the rest of the game.

It's okay in that regard, it's just odd in other regards. Some of the casting is down right painful to me, and the Op adds a whole new Underpants type thing.

Take Tiffa for example. At the end of the level she likes to say how she could see the light that is in the pilots heart. This contrasts something terribad when you are using Heero and seriously right after she says this he does his Manic killer laugh for his ending qoute of the level.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, Garrod is absolutely horrid, VA-wise.

"LAAAAAAAAAADIES AND GENTLEMEN, MAY I PRESENT TO YOU, GARROD RAN, MOBILE SUIT PILOT EXTRAORDINAIRE!"

SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

(Though I switched over to Japanese and seemed to hate his Japanese VA even worse, so whatevs. :lol)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Seraphis Cain said:
Yeah, Garrod is absolutely horrid, VA-wise.

"LAAAAAAAAAADIES AND GENTLEMEN, MAY I PRESENT TO YOU, GARROD RAN, MOBILE SUIT PILOT EXTRAORDINAIRE!"

SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

(Though I switched over to Japanese and seemed to hate his Japanese VA even worse, so whatevs. :lol)
his Japanese VA is the guy from Mazinkaiser SKL who is also incredibly annoying

Neki

I'm going to assume these titles don't drop in price fast because they're niche? I want to play it, but I don't know if I should sink 60 dollars. :( so many games to be had at 40. maybe if negator plays co-op with me 24/7. :p

Have more grunt mobile suits been added? Such as the Leo's and Aries from Wing I mean. Have only seen ace suit lists. Don't get me wrong, I love UC, but it seems to have some serious over representation all around.

And how about the levels. From the few gameplay videos I have seen they all look like box rooms connected by hallways. Do they open up a little more like in the first two games. Sure it wasn't a lot in them, but still.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
theSlacker said:
Have more grunt mobile suits been added? Such as the Leo's and Aries from Wing I mean. Have only seen ace suit lists. Don't get me wrong, I love UC, but it seems to have some serious over representation all around.

And how about the levels. From the few gameplay videos I have seen they all look like box rooms connected by hallways. Do they open up a little more like in the first two games. Sure it wasn't a lot in them, but still.

They removed a few grunts from 2, but added a bunch more. At least 4 or 5.

And yeah, all the maps are boxes connected by hallways now. Kinda sucks, but I can see why they did it that way, with each area serving a different function.

Seraphis Cain said:
They removed a few grunts from 2, but added a bunch more. At least 4 or 5.

And yeah, all the maps are boxes connected by hallways now. Kinda sucks, but I can see why they did it that way, with each area serving a different function.

Any of the added grunts from non UC series?

That does kinda suck, but really isn't that big of a change. Can't really do story mission maps that well like that, but sounds like there is no story mode. Thanks for the quick response.

Chromax

Negator said:
Umm. Damn. This game has a lot of content.

Just looking at my mission list is making my head spin.

Tell me about it, played the whole day and my mission list is filled with NEW. Only 2 bronze trophy after a whole day of playing...

Negator

Ultimoo said:
I'm going to assume these titles don't drop in price fast because they're niche? I want to play it, but I don't know if I should sink 60 dollars. :( so many games to be had at 40. maybe if negator plays co-op with me 24/7. :p

I don't know about 24/7, but you can totally PM me when you're available.

Beth Cyra

theSlacker said:
Any of the added grunts from non UC series?

That does kinda suck, but really isn't that big of a change. Can't really do story mission maps that well like that, but sounds like there is no story mode. Thanks for the quick response.
Yeah, we got the Devil Army from G Gundam and Ginns from SeeD Destiny in as Grunt suits.

Neki

Negator, when we play, I'm just going to run around and tell people that my suit is no ordinary zaku, and promptly die.

TruePrime said:
I'll take your word for it, and am actually happy to hear that Setsuna isn't as bad in OO, because while it's I guess understandable to have the only one phase of Heero since it would need Relena for him to have the rest of his character, Setsuna turns up the notch on being incredibly single minded.

And yeah that I AM Gundam gets even worse when he is screaming it as support and it turns into WE ARE GUNDAM.

Actually what's in the game is Setsuna's final stage of character development. But I think he gets a break for being way over the top crazy when his mobile suit starts curing cancer with magical green light.

Ultimoo said:
Negator, when we play, I'm just going to run around and tell people that my suit is no ordinary zaku, and promptly die.
Is it going to be painted red or something?

zoner said:
Yazan in Deathscythe > Duo.
Wrong! There is enough room for only one mobile suit in Yazan's heart.
nXwpi.jpg

EYEL1NER

theSlacker said:
Have more grunt mobile suits been added? Such as the Leo's and Aries from Wing I mean. Have only seen ace suit lists.
I could have sworn that they added the Mercurius and Vayeate had been added, but upon searching the net this morning, I can't find anything that says it, so it must have been wishful thinking. They could have at least added the Virgo.

Negator

Dedication Through Light said:
Guess I need to find a guide or something or at least a trophy guide, the missions sound numerous.

The trophies themselves seem pretty straightforward. I'm sure you will unlock most of the other ones just by doing the all missions trophy.

Top Bottom