• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2009 Sony Conference Thread

Chiggs

Gold Member
Kittonwy said:
WTF are you talking about, everything from lighting to textures to the gryphon's features have been improved.

Really? I need to rewind and watch it closely (G4).

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Hooray! It's a high-res PS2 game

Not a painting brought to life...
:p

Looks good, but overhyped.

Boss Man

Dude, fucking Helios riding through the sky on a chariot shooting at a titan. This really speaks to my inner history nerd.

RurouniZel said:
Hooray! It's a high-res PS2 game

Not a painting brought to life...
:p

Looks good, but overhyped.
Overhyped graphically maybe. It suffers in the same way that Halo 3 did, I think it's just the art direction or something. They looked great last gen and just can't change much this gen.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
God of War looks boring as hell after The Last Guardian.... Team ICO should have held their own conference.

Durante

Well, for me the last few seconds of Last Guardian >> everything else at E3 (including Sony's other stuff and even FF13)

Kai

COTF

Conference of the forever...

And this is coming from a die-hard nintendo guy. I thought Microsoft's was great and I geeked out at Galaxy 2, Team Ninja Metroid... But Sony pulled out an amazing conference (even the motion control stuff was pretty awesome and made me geek out thinking what Anouma/Miyamoto will do with Motion + after watching the shield/sword sony demo).

Chiggs

Gold Member
I think Sony wins this one, even though that motion demo was awful. I'd give the nod to MS, but the Alan Wake demo was pretty dull.

Jon

This game just doesn't do it for me. I've never really understood the hype over this franchise. That being said, the graphics look pretty damn impressive.

LM4sure

Banned
irfan said:
Sony easily tops Nintendo, its close call between MS & Sony.

I disagree. To me, Sony had the worst conference. They only showed things we already knew about! Nintendo was pretty good.

X26

Banned
LCfiner said:
do you lunatic fanboys actually believe your own bullshit?

that was all cgi (or 80% of it, anyway). when the fuck is the game gonna come out?

Well a lot of people seem to think that last video in the forza3 presentation was real time, so I'd say a lot do

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Wow, I'm honestly disappointed by this GOW3 demo, and it's all GOW2's fault. It was so impressive that this doesn't seem all that great.

Top Bottom