• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Early GOTY nominees prediction

T0minator

I know it's really early to guess what games are going to be nominated for GOTY at the Game Awards in December. But what are we feeling are the contenders?

Blackmyth Wukong: looks like a great nomination from what I've seen. It's got spectacle at level that's higher than most games we're seeing releasing this year.

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth: Its sooo well made and packed full of content. It screams high budget and was incredible to play through. This one is a no brainer

Astro Bot: In my opinion this game has all the makings of a GOTY nominee. Nintendo has shown us Platformers still have what it takes to be peak gaming experiences even in 2024, Team Asobi is looking to match that level of quality that the genre needs this generation.

Helldivers 2: It took the industry by storm earlier this year it brought in millions of players it's been an incredibly fun experience with friends. I'm hoping they introduce a new enemy type to spark the excitement we felt around the time of it's release

Zelda, Stalker 2, Silent Hill 2 are a possibility too.

What do you all think will be nominated at the Game Awards for GOTY 2024?

TwiztidElf

Projecting out to the end of the year, I reckon only Metaphor Re:Fantazio has a chance of knocking FF7R off the top spot.
2024: Year of the JRPG.

Amazing year all around though. Just banger after banger. You know it's amazing when the "worst" games you played all year were Paper Mario TTYD and Stellar Blade.
Special shout out to Kunitsu Gami too, thoroughly enjoying it at the moment.

Last edited:

XXL

Right now my favorite new game this year has been FF7 Rebirth, but Astro Bot will probably win me over in the end.

But in reality, BG3 is my game of the year (again) and where I spent most of my time this year so far.

The only game I myself and me can nominate is Talos Principal 2 and it came out last year. :(
I honestly can't name a game worthy of GOTY material in 2024.

Astrobot might change that.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Wave Hello GIF by PlayStation

Astro Bot is going to own everything.

Last edited:

Aion002

Gold Member
For me FFVII Rebirth is easily the goty and I think that it will win some prizes.

I also hope that Helldivers 2, Stellar Blade and Rise of The Ronin get some recognition. They aren't perfect, but I really like them.

On the dlc side, Shadow of the Erdtree is definitely winning some awards.

And... If there's some Remasters award, I hope that TLU2 Remastered wins, the No Return mode is excellent.

pnutboy

Infinite Wealth
Astro Bot
Metaphor Refantazio
FFVII Rebirth
Black Myth Wukong

is the 5 I could most likely see. Rebirth will prob win with an outside chance for Astro Bot

Persona 3 Reload for me, personally. Hoping Metaphor:ReFantazio supplants it.

As an aggregate winner of GOTY awards, I really don't know. We don't have obvious tentpole titles like we did in 2023.

Lokaum D+

Infinite Wealth
Astro Bot
Metaphor Refantazio
FFVII Rebirth
Black Myth Wukong

is the 5 I could most likely see. Rebirth will prob win with an outside chance for Astro Bot
Rebirth is so overated that winning is a reality, hopefully Astro ll be greater.

Jesb

My guess would be wukong, astrobot, and have a feeling the stalker remake will get on some people’s list. FF I’m sure will be on peoples list.

Deerock71

When it comes actual awards shows I honestly dont know and dont care, but for me so far my GOTY is Unicorn Overlord.
That was going to be my submission. As an alternate, let me put into consideration:
Dave The Diver GIF by GIPHY Gaming

Dave the Diver

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Balatro is my favorite. Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island gives it a run for its' money. I need to spend more time with Infinite Wealth. I'm also loving EDF6. I'm looking forward to a few more titles this year but I don't think any will challenge the top of my list with the exception of Zelda.

I have a hard time understanding the allure of The Game Awards. The show is often quite comical and sometimes downright cringe. Is it the announcements? The popularity? Why do some consider it the holy grail of annual game awards when there are tons of goty winners from many places?

Last edited:
Top Bottom