• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EarthBound |OT| Look at the sun. Face the sun and smile.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Well I got to level 81 and no sword of kings. Just going to move on without it.
Yeah, I just eventually gave up.

Not like you get an achievement for it or it actually makes Poo super better or anything. It's basically just a trophy so you can say you got it and for completion's sake.

I am 38 and an avid Nintendo fan although that has waned over the last decade. This is one of those classics that I completely missed when it was originally released and have always wanted to check it out. I picked this up when it was originally released on the Wii U VC but never really got too far into it. I dabbled a bit but never even made it to Giant Step.

Fast forward to this last weekend. I was about to trade in my Wii U as I had finally gotten tired of it collecting dust. This was the third time I had packed it all up and was ready to go.

Fortunately for me my wife vetoed the trade and it never happened. I had already wiped the hard drive and reset the thing to factory settings. I decided to re-install a few select games that fit certain needs.

Earthbound was the first one I picked as I knew that I was missing something special here if I just give it a chance. After getting everything back up and running I spent a solid 3-4 hours yesterday playing this and just made it to Twoson.

I am really starting to enjoy this game now as well! I am not sure why it was so frustrating the first time I tried but I really have enjoyed my time with it thus far. I'll stop back in with my impressions and questions as I continue but I just wanted to say hi to all who are active here.

Top Bottom