• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

sora87

Soooo, TE was good but I think I'm gonna watch it every 2 weeks now, 50mins-1hr just isn't long enough for a DnD session.

Ben said possibly next week. Ian already told he will be playing an evil Warlock. It's kinda interesting because if they are seriously roleplaying an evil aligned character can easily destroy a campaing (wether that is a good or bad thing depends I guess) unless he is playing lawful or everyone in the party is evil and have an easy alliance and Ben is running a villain campaing.

Said this before TTE started and at this rate I'm expecting not to be too far off (well, Ian's character isn't really actively trying to do harm to the group but already they are at disadvantage with Necator) unless Bosman manages to electrocute the whole party to death first while standing in a cave puddle.

Bigrx1

Banned
easy update ep.3 is embarassing. i know slacker chill bro is ian's style but damn put some effort into this shit.

Yeah, I'm really clueless how Ian's new show somehow needed 8k per month to fund, it's like what I would find on any random personal youtube channel. Everything else from EZA has been good so far, but the Ian content just has been a huge step down from Mandatory Update imo.

Bigrx1

Banned
I have to say though that Tabletop Escapades has been WAY more hilarious than I thought it would be. Without Elyse, who was by far the main comedy of Tabletop Adventures imo, was worried - but it's been awesome.

Visceir

Huber back to his old antics again
jumping into fire with 1 hp
, Ben said he will try to keep things more grounded this time around, hope he'll actually do good on it and let characters die for their foolish, careless behavior.

I remember Ben trying to enforce more RP in TTA, so far the new one feels more videogame-y with everyone casually discussing mechanics out of RP. I'd like to see them more in character.

I think he was also overly harsh with penalizing Kyle for his magic attack.

Yeah, I'm really clueless how Ian's new show somehow needed 8k per month to fund, it's like what I would find on any random personal youtube channel. Everything else from EZA has been good so far, but the Ian content just has been a huge step down from Mandatory Update imo.

I'm cool with it. Viewing it as them 'needing' 8k for that show seems wrong, I take it more as a bonus goal while it mostly means that Ian will be along for the ride and contributing in many other ways too.

It's just puzzling that they haven't gotten around to getting proper equipment yet and he is filming stuff with his cell phone. Getting video/audio quality up to proper standards should have been done day one.

Someone needs to make a collection video of every Huber NOSGOTH to honor the game.

Also I hope Ben can have at least a small Hotake on the WoW server shenanigans. I think there is a lot of interesting discussion there for both personal feelings about the game and the moral side of it all.

ito007

That TTE session had at several
possible character deaths
. The RPing in the group is really affecting their survivability. It makes for entertaining sessions though

Tankard

Another great EZA podcast episode, had a lot of fun with the discussions. I'm totally with Huber about ex-EVO team's next game, only to me I would add environmental craziness like Motorstorm.
I also watched through the entire name reading by Brandon and now all i see are blinking flashes in front of me, lol.

Unfortunately i will only be able to watch Tabletop tomorrow, today was packed in content and I guess they even delayed the Ratchet & Clank review.

Man. Tabletop. The more things change, the more things stay the same.

Ian's character is still saving the groups will good rolls.
Huber is still making impulse decisions and dropping like crazy but can muster some crazy heroic feat.
Kyle is still approaching things from a bizarre angle.

It's hilarious. But man they're not long for this world if they don't start to settle down some. Oh and hopefully they rest up off their 1 hp! And Brad's character has to be the worst thief ever! Like what stats does this guy have? He misses everything. Haha

Mikey Jr.

Why the everloving shit did Bosman walk in the complete opposite direction, then turn around and come back? What was the point of that?

Great podcast again. Ben is always a highlight. Loved his take on a bold Nintendo approach. I'd be right there with him if they finally broke the cycle and went all new for a gen.

And it'll never get old to hear Brandon read my name at the end!

gimme dat context..

did he said it? on which stream was that?

I can't stand him and his negativity, it's like his cynical about everything and profoundly hates Nintendo.

I like Tim and Greg almost always and understand their points, they at least take some time to explain without spite, but Collin.. I can't because of him.

I watch Kinda Funny, but I'm always aware about him.

Ironically his hate for Nintendo is because of his love of Nintendo, at least what Nintendo was when he was a child. He absolutely loved every Nintendo console up to GameCube, which he says was one of his favorite consoles of all time (he may have actually said it was his favorite 6th gen console- can't remember). He's hated the direction they've gone since, and has since (obviously) become a fan of PlayStation.

1. They're almost dead
2. They're stuck in a cave due to a forest fire
3. There is at least one enemy in said cave
4. They never mentioned it, but due to Huber jumping in the fire and attempting to toss, the grain was left behind to burn.
5. R.I.P. Dart

#LarsHadGrain

wiibomb

Ironically his hate for Nintendo is because of his love of Nintendo, at least what Nintendo was when he was a child. He absolutely loved every Nintendo console up to GameCube, which he says was one of his favorite consoles of all time (he may have actually said it was his favorite 6th gen console- can't remember). He's hated the direction they've gone since, and has since (obviously) become a fan of PlayStation.

Why come to one side or the other? That's the kind of mentality I would totally love to be erradicated from gaming, there is no side here, just a bunch of companies trying to make profits from our entertaiment.

I enjoy a lot from Nintendo, I enjoy a lot from Sony and I'm even exploring MS side, if you put a barrier on yourself you are just losing a lot of personal growth besides making you a very good candidate for a fanboy/hate situation. That's kinda worse imo when you are someone transmiting those feelings to an audience, to potential people who could be following your own steps.

BTW, I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm complaining to you, I just know that he is pretty much like you said and I used your quote to express my concern. That is nothing to do with you.

60mins of Ben's untied shoe lace bothering me.

:/

Also Jones' sarcasm at Titanfall 360 rubbed me the wrong way. It's a technical Marvel from Bluepoint. Comparing it to COD Wii is some shit.

..and poor Huber. Wanting EA to hype/tease Mirrors Edge for their conference... When it's released a month before the conference takes place. When someone looking forward to the game doesn't even know when it's out...what chance does it have? :(

wmlk

Yeah, it's generally accepted that CoD on Wii were weirdly enough solid games and Titanfall on 360 was great too.

Can't believe I say this, but EZA need to space their content a little...

Huber's show will be Thursdays usually. Also, the Patreon exclusivity causes a little bit of a scheduling conundrum. For patrons, they get that and TTE back to back and then there's nothing Friday. For everyone else, TTE is Wed, Huber Thursday, Podcast Fri, etc.

He's mentioned he has anxiety problems and doesn't like hanging out with people. Pretty funny considering his job forces him to socialize on a daily basis. I actually suffer the same issue altho I'm more optimistic than him.

I didn't know. I wish him the best.

Sorry to hear that you have a similar situation. You seem like a relaxed chill person, I wish you may work your way to a good place.

I remember Ben trying to enforce more RP in TTA, so far the new one feels more videogame-y with everyone casually discussing mechanics out of RP. I'd like to see them more in character.

I think this is a lot down to it being the first session of the new game. Once there's more of an understanding of mechanics, it'll have a bit more flow.

Absolutely loving it though personally. TTE and Bosham v Wozniak are tier 1 already. Darmiani is a great streamer too.

Auctopus

60mins of Ben's untied shoe lace bothering me.

:/

Also Jones' sarcasm at Titanfall 360 rubbed me the wrong way. It's a technical Marvel from Bluepoint. Comparing it to COD Wii is some shit.

..and poor Huber. Wanting EA to hype/tease Mirrors Edge for their conference... When it's released a month before the conference takes place. When someone looking forward to the game doesn't even know when it's out...what chance does it have? :(

Edit: Nevermind.

wapplew

Huber's show will be Thursdays usually. Also, the Patreon exclusivity causes a little bit of a scheduling conundrum. For patrons, they get that and TTE back to back and then there's nothing Friday. For everyone else, TTE is Wed, Huber Thursday, Podcast Fri, etc.

Right, forgot about patrons early podcast. Maybe put Cup of Jones on Friday to fill that gap for us?
Just want to have none streaming EZA content everyday.

Hasney

Right, forgot about patrons early podcast. Maybe put Cup of Jones on Friday to fill that gap for us?
Just want to have none streaming EZA content everyday.

I think Monday works really well for Cup of Jones though. Start of the week update and what we can expect from that week. Plus, every other Monday would be empty then with Frame Trap being fortnightly.

Actually kind of works out well for me with the timings. in the UK, TTE drops on Wednesday night and the podcast isn't up until I wake up on Thursday. Think Huber Syndrome was Friday for me as well so it ends up spacing itself out.

nib95

Banned
Why come to one side or the other? That's the kind of mentality I would totally love to be erradicated from gaming, there is no side here, just a bunch of companies trying to make profits from our entertaiment.

I enjoy a lot from Nintendo, I enjoy a lot from Sony and I'm even exploring MS side, if you put a barrier on yourself you are just losing a lot of personal growth besides making you a very good candidate for a fanboy/hate situation. That's kinda worse imo when you are someone transmiting those feelings to an audience, to potential people who could be following your own steps.

BTW, I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm complaining to you, I just know that he is pretty much like you said and I used your quote to express my concern. That is nothing to do with you.

Might have already been beaten here but I'm pretty sure he still owns a Wii u and an Xbox. He just feels that PS speaks to him more which I think is fair enough. It's also where most of his connections in the industry are

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom