• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief51

Banned
I can't wait for the group stream tonight. They are always so much fun it is insane.

Also Ratchet is jolly as heck. It should provide the good vibes. Personally I don't want another salty stream (which can be fun no doubt) - we got Resident Evil 6 for that.

Bigrx1

Banned
yeah Frame Trap is really good, to be honest I've been impressed with everything coming from Easy Allies so far minus Ian's new show, although episode 2 of that was good as well. I'm sure some enjoy it but it's the only show so far that compared to the old GT shows I would say is a notiecable downgrade - compared to Manups which I really loved. Everything else has been on par or better.

Wow I had such a blast with Frame Trap! Easily the best Hotake I've ever listened in on. Just good vibes and genuine thoughts being shared. I was worried I'd tune out when the discussion turned to wrestling but I kept an open mind and ended up really appreciating Huber taking the time to explain his love for it. Props to Brad for helping frame the discussion. Ben was a great host who allowed everyone to be themselves while still keeping things moving along. Loved the episode and I can't wait for what's to come!

And now we wait 2 weeks for second episode :(
Nuuuuuuuuuu

Damn, the content from EZA is so impressive. These guys are exactly what I want in terms of games coverage and discussion. I'm convinced, and officially a patron!

Love the frame trap podcast! So so great. I always loved those 4 in their interaction on streams and it shows up here just as well. Great topics, interactions, etc. I having the best of both worlds. The structure of EZ podcast and the longer form podcast of frame trap.

Also I started to add up the hours of content I consume from EZA and its around 11-13 hours or so.

rtcn63

Ben doing that sly Wendy's spot

George_Clooney_Moosehead_Beer.png

It's been a long time since I spit water all over my monitor from uncontrollable laughing. When Huber declared out of nowhere, "I'm a lore WHORE!" I think I laughed for a straight minute. Is that a saying from a movie or something? If not that is straight gold. I want a "Lore Whore" t-shirt.

Lexad

I think Huber just mentioned on the stream about loading it

Holy crap, Frame Trap was just great. Loved how the guys learned some about each other. Also thought I would tune out in the wrestling but the Wrestling=anime argument was amazing. So much chemistry and just the right amount of moderating without it becoming pointless like Giant Bomb.

Amazing work guys.

I think Huber just mentioned on the stream about loading it

Holy crap, Frame Trap was just great. Loved how the guys learned some about each other. Also thought I would tune out in the wrestling but the Wrestling=anime argument was amazing. So much chemistry and just the right amount of moderating without it becoming pointless like Giant Bomb.

Amazing work guys.

"Hey Thor, Uninstall"

Spman2099

However, I can't say I agree one hundred percent with everything Ben and crew said. The main thing that felt...a bit disconcerting was the blow off of people who don't play the Souls/From Software games because they don't like the difficulty. Why the need to invalidate that opinion some people share? Not everyone finds the nature of those games inherently fun. I certainly don't. I tried the original Demon's Souls back in 2010 and it just wasn't for me. The philosophy of those titles is simply not why I play video games in the first place. Now, am I saying that those type of games shouldn't exist? No, not at all. If you want your games to be that level of challenging, that's perfectly acceptable. However, please realise that not everyone is going to like the same thing or play video games for the same reason. Escapism, challenge, immersion, fantasy, mood lifters - all of these are valid reasons for playing video games in the first place. To completely write off a subset of people because they do not align with your own views/reasons for playing games was rather disheartening to hear.

I think you just interpreted that conversation wrong, dude. They were just saying that games don't have to be one thing, that they shouldn't be narrowly defined. That there is room for a number of unique experiences to be provided by many different games; none of which are lesser experiences.

otakukidd

I was thinking that ben needs new couch for frame trap but god please brandon. Buy huber a new couch lol. I saw that thing and was like "ahhhh thats a grandma couch". No disrespect Huber, loved the video.

timmyp53

Huber's show was so good. I like that it's (seemingly) taking the Huber Hype format but focusing on storytelling

Yeah I loved it. I'mma about to download Sound of My Voice right now. I hope it isn't creepy lol.

Huber forgot to promote easy allies though!

Spman2099

Huber syndrome was great. However, I think Huber needs a slip cover for the next episode, a new couch, or he needs to run with that couch. Make it a character. Give it a name. Give it it's own damn segment!

No half measures, Huber. Only hype measures.

Can't believe I delayed starting Dark Souls 3 for EZA.

Frame Trap, Cup O jones and Huber Syndrome all in one sitting. Truly happy this is all happening. Loving everything these guys are pumping out.

jond76

Banned
Love Huber Syndrome but that movie is not very good.

Great new show, but yeah, not my fave time travel movie. I tweeted him about Predestination, Time Crimes, and Follow You Down.

I like his format.

I find it funny that the first episodes of everyone's new show they forget to plug EZA. Haha

My girlfriend would kill me if I jumped on our couch like Huber jumps on his.
Good to have him back with his own show.

Loved Frame Trap. Pretty much what Mandatory Update was once Elyse left. Good vibes.

I keep forgetting. When is Tabletop? Is it Wednesdays or Thursdays?

Hasney

My girlfriend would kill me if I jumped on our couch like Huber jumps on his.
Good to have him back with his own show.

Loved Frame Trap. Pretty much what Mandatory Update was once Elyse left. Good vibes.

I keep forgetting. When is Tabletop? Is it Wednesdays or Thursdays?

Wednesday. That's today!

I really enjoyed Frame Trap. I started sweating a bit when they mentioned "wrestling", but luckily they barely talked about it. It's a little looser than the other podcast, but the discussions were good, and it provides a decent contrast. I've been very pleased with all the Easy Allies content so far, so I hope they're able to keep it up.

K.Sabot

Frame Trap was really great.

Wish I didn't spend 5 hours loading a 2 hour podcast before finding out it was on soundcloud cause I'm on the equivalent of 56k atm.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Can we have a stretch goal financing costumes for TTE?
Only to intensify the atmosphere of course! *whistle*
Also Frame Trap is only bi weekly? *sadness*

Also can't wait for E3 bets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom