• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm finding my self watching every damn video these guys put up.

I can't get enough!

A testament not only to their collective knowledge but also there diverse personalities.

None of them irritate me and they are just all so positive and have a great Rapport with each other.

if any of them read this thread, i just wanted to give a little shout out and tell them, Job Well Done.

Great stuff guys, thanks so much for channeling your set-back in to phenomenal new content.

Lemonheap

Banned
Maybe a mistake that the first Huber Syndrome (dat name) was of a game they already covered. Said pretty much the same things. Didn't hype me up for it either.

Hasney

Eh, it's more in depth about a very specific thing, about a fairly new game and something that Huber is specifically hyped up for. It was either going to be that or Final Fantasy XV Platinum Demo.

Y'know, or Wrestlemania.

Auctopus

Just went back and watched the E3 interview GT did for Deus Ex: MD in the studio (where Huber runs in half-way through). Forgot how incredible all that coverage was over E3, GT burning at their brightest.

jbluzb

Just finished watching frame trap, EZA can do no wrong HYPE! All the discussions are on point even with the looser format.

The friendship between the allies transcends very well to the screen, so much so I wish I have friends just like them.

sora87

That group stream was particularly hectic because they put R&C on hard too, pure chaos.

I gotta admit, I never really "got" Huber Hype, it just seemed like he took something they randomly talk about on streams and scripted it.
I will of course give Huber Syndrome a shot.

Hasney

Just finished the group stream. Ratchet & Clank is so good, but even better was Kyle rubbing that 70 second silver trophy in Hubers face.

wrong. best raw in years. not even joking. it was so fucking good. damn this wwe roller coaster. just when i think im out. they pull me back in.

Forgot to say that this was correct too. Best one since they went 3 hours for me.

Mikey Jr.

Yeah, they have to start pimping their Patreon more. At least have a standard outro for each video that they tack on at the end.

Wiggy

Yeah, they have to start pimping their Patreon more. At least have a standard outro for each video that they tack on at the end.

Yeah and a 'subscribe and check out these other videos' bit especially on reviews, pimping is an ugly job but it does seem to work

LiK

Yeah and a 'subscribe and check out these other videos' bit especially on reviews, pimping is an ugly job but it does seem to work

You can't escape a Kinda Funny video without them pimping and shilling their shit like crazy. Seems to work for them.

Wiggy

With Huber's show starting I looked back at where they are with there goals.

$200 Subscriber Song✓ (sung regularly, sometimes remixed by huber)
$800 New Coach✓ (Ikea, looks comfy)
$1,000 Production Equipment✓ (fancy mics, bag that holds sand etc)
$2,000 Gaming PC✓ (Built by Ian last week)
$4,000 Huber's Show✓ (Huber's Queue HYPE Huber's Syndrome first ep up today/yesterday)
$6,000 D&D Show✓ (Tabletop Escapades is 2 eps in, another coming today, Lars had grain)
$8,000 Ian Hinck's Show✓ (3 Ease Ups, 0 chance of predicting what next ep will be)
$10,000 Podcast 2✓ (Frame Trap! first ep yesterday)
$15,000 Reviews✓ (3 reviews up, another coming today)

Not happened yet
$20,000 Damiani's Show
$30,000 Retros

Not bad for 3 1/2 weeks work. Funny how Huber's show was one of the lower goals but was one of the later shows to air, I assume the hold up was Huber going through about 20 names :p.

You can't escape a Kinda Funny video without them pimping and shilling their shit like crazy. Seems to work for them.

Yep Greg especially is great at that self promotion stuff.

ive watched frame trap 5 times now.

giphy.gif

El-Suave

Yep Greg especially is great at that self promotion stuff.

A little too great for my taste at times, he's basically a walking catch phrase machine at times. I don't watch KF too much but from what I've seen and heard Tim is easily my favorite from that group. I totally agree EZA can and should do more self promotion down the road, but let's not overdo it. Those "limited edition" shirt sales events KF seems to do are off putting to me for example. Even if it works you don't have to copy every shitty business practice you'd hate other people for and exploit your userbase needlessly.

Wiggy

Tabletop Escapades goes up at 12 their time right?

A little too great for my taste at times, he's basically a walking catch phrase machine at times. I don't watch KF too much but from what I've seen and heard Tim is easily my favorite from that group. I totally agree EZA can and should do more self promotion down the road, but let's not overdo it. Those "limited edition" shirt sales events KF seems to do are off putting to me for example. Even if it works you don't have to copy every shitty business practice you'd hate other people for and exploit your userbase needlessly.

eh, nothing Kinda Funny's done has bothered me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Servbot24

Banned
I like Kinda funny, mainly for Collin. I just think their shows are too tightly structured which makes them repetitive. EZA so far has great variety.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Anyone have a Twitch Archive link for them building the PC? I keep hearing it talked about and keep getting reminded I missed it. Easy Allies Podcast is on my Podcast app, Overcast. Hopefully the same happens with Frame Trap. I'm a tad behind and I'm catching up. I'm pledging to this stuff, I should watch all the shows I like =P. One EZU, Tabletop, CoJ and 3 podcasts to catch up. Guess I'll do those in my car.

Hasney

Anyone have a Twitch Archive link for them building the PC? I keep hearing it talked about and keep getting reminded I missed it. Easy Allies Podcast is on my Podcast app, Overcast. Hopefully the same happens with Frame Trap. I'm a tad behind and I'm catching up. I'm pledging to this stuff, I should watch all the shows I like =P. One EZU, Tabletop, CoJ and 3 podcasts to catch up. Guess I'll do those in my car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URxs8u7cmT0

wiibomb

Bosman had a dream that put context around Tetris. Amazing.

gimme dat context..

did he said it? on which stream was that?

I like Kinda funny, mainly for Collin. I just think their shows are too tightly structured which makes them repetitive. EZA so far has great variety.

I can't stand him and his negativity, it's like his cynical about everything and profoundly hates Nintendo.

I like Tim and Greg almost always and understand their points, they at least take some time to explain without spite, but Collin.. I can't because of him.

I watch Kinda Funny, but I'm always aware about him.

I can't stand him and his negativity, it's like his cynical about everything and profoundly hates Nintendo.

I like Tim and Greg almost always and understand their points, they at least take some time to explain without spite, but Collin.. I can't because of him.

I watch Kinda Funny, but I'm always aware about him.

I watched them several time on IGN and KF and, while Colin is totally knowledgeable about games, he always sounds like a guy seriously sad and depressing. And not in a way that makes you feel for him, because he always seems to dump it on the listeners or the co-hosts.

Naturally I really hope he does not suffer from depression and I wish him a speedy recovery if he does. If he doesn't though, he's the real anti-huber.

LiK

I watched them several time on IGN and KF and, while Colin is totally knowledgeable about games, he always sounds like a guy seriously sad and depressing. And not in a way that makes you feel for him, because he always seems to dump it on the listeners or the co-hosts.

Naturally I really hope he does not suffer from depression and I wish him a speedy recovery if he does. If he doesn't though, he's the real anti-huber.

He's mentioned he has anxiety problems and doesn't like hanging out with people. Pretty funny considering his job forces him to socialize on a daily basis. I actually suffer the same issue altho I'm more optimistic than him.

wiibomb

He's mentioned he has anxiety problems and doesn't like hanging out with people. Pretty funny considering his job forces him to socialize on a daily basis. I actually suffer the same issue altho I'm more optimistic than him.

I also have anxiety issues, but not in that regard, and I'm actually a lot more optimistic than him and I'm not against socializing in any sense.

however I also know that these issues are widely different from each human being, most people have it to a certain degree but a lot never realize about it, so it is my guess that his issue is totally different to us and I understand it.

I just.. don't like when he outright throw hate on something, if you don't like something it's perfectly fine, but explain it, tell your reasons, put your thought into it, don't just hate because you want to. I don't know if I'm alone in that thought. I actually like when EZA crew don't like something but actually tell the reason why, they use time to know why they don't like it without needless negativity.

That is the reason why I'm perfectly fine when I like something, but they don't like it at all

OMG.. the time has come to know our grain

Does anyone have a link to Kyle's old comedy videos from college? I'm trying to find the one where it's a trailer for some crazy horror movie that just gets crazier and crazier as it goes on.

Vinc

I just want to briefly comment on how freaking amazing the first episode of Frame Trap was. Couple of technical hiccups on the audio side, but they really have a winner here. The chemistry among the crew is fantastic, and everyone brought something to the table. Discussion points were super interesting, and as the EZA crew often does, they verbalized some thoughts I've had really well. I especially connected with Ben's mini-rant about some people rejecting the idea of games making you feel a variety of different emotions. Great, great show!

Hasney

I just want to briefly comment on how freaking amazing the first episode of Frame Trap was. Couple of technical hiccups on the audio side, but they really have a winner here. The chemistry among the crew is fantastic, and everyone brought something to the table. Discussion points were super interesting, and as the EZA crew often does, they verbalized some thoughts I've had really well. I especially connected with Ben's mini-rant about some people rejecting the idea of games making you feel a variety of different emotions. Great, great show!

Yeah, I think that was the best initial lineup they could do for the subject matter, but that's the beauty of EZA, you could easily imagine Blood, Brandon, Ian or Don taking up a slot if the subject suited too.

Philippo

Cross-posting this from the Frame Trap comments section, just to show how much these guys discussions motivates me (and hoping that Ben gets to read this lol):

Hi Ben (hope you'll still get to read this)!
You asking the guys where they were when VsXIII got announced and their plans for release made me think about where I was, how much i changed and especially where i'll be when it comes out, since it's going to be a CULMINATION of many things in my live: i'll graduate from university in college in Fall, and to celebrate i'll be travelling all around Japan (for the 1st time!) for research, from September 7th guess what the 30th.
If time-zones allow it, i'll actually try to partecipate at both the Day 1 in Japan (with those famous queues) and then in my home country.
Then, after three exhausting weeks, i'll arrive at the airport and what will await me? My best friends, and the game i've been most awaiting for the past decade.
Just wanted to tell you how much of a "religious experience" this will be for me too!

I'm on the team that the original Versus trailer did nothing for. There wasn't really anything they showed for me to get super interested and that was the start when murmurs of KH3 being delayed because of it began (and back then I was a huuuuge KH nut).

Honestly I think the first time I truly even started to pay real interest for the title was when it was renamed. Even when they showed the old PS3 gameplay it didn't quite look as snappy as KH and the FF name was already getting hammered by XII and XIII.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom