• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man those new banners are fantastic. Also Ben I get the whole obsessed with reading comment things, it sucks but you can't stop. I hope it eventually doesn't get to you as much though, I've been loving all the content you've been producing for EZA.

Ben...that Nioh stream was absolutely fantastic. Like top tier. Wow. The game and Ben combined...he's really coming along as a streamer. I fucking love it too a lot of people don't know when to look at the comment section and when to shut up and focus on the game but he's nailing it.

The only thing is watching him DELETE the demo at the end of the stream was somewhat akin to...well I won't make that analogy but it fucking sucked.

MrMette

Why are you people manually closing games at all? It's so totally unnecessary on the PS4!

I don't know, but I always do except with the youtube app. When I stop playing my game, I close the game. The strange thing is that I don't do this on Xbox One and I don't know why.

But because I close it via the Playstationbutton menu and not by pressing start, it is quite easy, fast and safe way to do, so I keep doing it. Also it has become an automatic thing and I don't really realize I am doing it anymore.

Auctopus

Thank you NeoGAF poster Auctopus! Sick Banners. I think we're using the same font with my altered Easy Allies logo and your Easy Update. )

I noticed this afterwards. I was looking for something 80s/Drive etc. and was more focused on something that would look good in neon. I really like your logo redesign, too. Great work.

Nicely done Auctopus! These banners are amazing. I'm partial to the Toybox Tuesday one myself. I like how the arch hits right on the "A" in the title

Thanks, glad you like it. I'm pretty happy with how that one turned out too. I think it's actually a testament to how solid the EZA and Disney logos are, they were meant to be together.

Kneefoil

Damiani update:
  • D-Files is now Game Sleuth (I like this name a lot better)
  • He's in talks with some other YouTube channel about the show.
  • If they manage to strike a deal, Game Sleuth will be posted on their channel instead of EZA for exposure.
  • EZA Patrons would get the show a couple of days early
  • Eventually the show would return exclusively to EZA's channel
  • If the deal isn't made, everyone will get the show at the same time on the EZA channel

I thought that non-patrons might want to know about all of this.

Damiani update:
  • D-Files is now Game Sleuth (I like this name a lot better)
  • He's in talks with some other YouTube channel about the show.
  • If they manage to strike a deal, Game Sleuth will be posted on their channel instead of EZA for exposure.
  • EZA Patrons would get the show a couple of days early
  • Eventually the show would return exclusively to EZA's channel
  • If the deal isn't made, everyone will get the show at the same time on the EZA channel

I thought that non-patrons might want to know about all of this.

Wait, what the fuck? EZA should be the ones getting the views and ad revenue.

Hasney

YouTube ad revenue is so pathetic at the number of views they're getting, it's barely worth discussing. Like it says though, it's a deal, so EZA may get a cut of the ad revenue with that deal if it really mattered.

The big thing would be more eyes on it as I'm assuming it would be a much bigger channel than EZA to be worth it, then there's more eyes on EZA which could translate into more backers. It's a great idea.

llehuty

How does a deal work? They would be probably getting a cut of it, if it's a joint venture. If it's a channel with a big number of subscribers, it would give them some good promo, also.

Edit: What EZA ninja Hasney said :p

El-Suave

Making a deal for one show with a large Youtube channel/network is perfectly fine. This business is so dependent on connections that getting some in the Youtube space could really help EZA. This is still relatively unknown territory for them after all.

This week of content has been so insane. Easily their highest amount yet. So I decided to add up all that's happened so far on what I've watched, plan to watch, and will have to pass due to time. And this doesn't even count the D-files 40 minute update.

What I've watched so far: 24.1 hours
---------------------------
Cup of Jones 0.5
TTE 1
Onimusha 2
RE6 8
Tues stream 6
Frame trap 2
Huber syndrome .1
Nioh 2
Hearthstone 2.5

Still to watch: 6 hours
----------------
Tetris 1 (if it's happening)
EZA Podcast 1.7
RDR 2
Easy Update .3
Pokemon 0.5
Hearthstone 0.5

Need to pass: 7 hours
-----------
Zelda OOT 3
Zelda Links Awakening 2
Toy box 2

That's around 37 hours of content in one week! And it looks like I'm going to try and see 30 hours of it. It's crazy. So much more content than the GT days. I'm loving it so far. Great work to the EZA crew.

Daggoth

That's around 37 hours of content in one week! And it looks like I'm going to try and see 30 hours of it. It's crazy. So much more content than the GT days. I'm loving it so far. Great work to the EZA crew.
It really is. I kinda feel bad for having not said this yet, but even if not all of their stuff is for all of us, their output and effort so far has been absolutely fantastic.

wiibomb

Really honest question:

What is stopping EZA from uploading the videos in those different channels (like the Bosman Channel and the Game Sleuth alliance channel), but also uploading them in the EZA channel?

I don't see why they won't upload them on EZA too.

Hasney

Really honest question:

What is stopping EZA from uploading the videos in those different channels (like the Bosman Channel and the Game Sleuth alliance channel), but also uploading them in EZA?

It would depend on the terns of the deal with the other channel. Bosman is stopping them from uploading Bosman at Home to the EZA channel.

Portugeezer

Really honest question:

What is stopping EZA from uploading the videos in those different channels (like the Bosman Channel and the Game Sleuth alliance channel), but also uploading them in the EZA channel?

Bosman doesn't want the pressure/association of Patreon for his show. Anyone could technically steal it and upload it anywhere, but that would just be a dick thing to do.

The Game Sleuth alliance channel is to benefit EZA with wider exposure, and the deal (contract?) would presumably be so that they would post the free version (non-patroen early version) on that channel first so EZA couldn't upload it onto their channel.

The exposure is worth it (assuming it's a big channel), and BTW the Youtube ad revenue EZA would get is so small it's not worth mentioning.

Lexad

What if it is kinda funny? They had jones on right after the shutdown and would fit the business model they are going for, especially after the rooster teeth collaboration.

I am just happy that patreon peeps get it first.

It is mindboggingly to me that the people watching Bosman at home aren't supporting EZA. Or for that matter all the people watching the podcast and reviews. Just a dollar each from them would push eza over the top.

Wish Huber would talk about the movies more. Like this week he only brought up Primal so he could talk about Apocalypto, but then actually only said a few words about it.
Based on him talking about movies in streams, he's got a great varied tasted inovies, i really want to hear more about them than what's he's currently doing with just recommending movies similar to the games theme of the week.

Maligna

Banned
Wish Huber would talk about the movies more. Like this week he only brought up Primal so he could talk about Apocalypto, but then actually only said a few words about it.
Based on him talking about movies in streams, he's got a great varied tasted inovies, i really want to hear more about them than what's he's currently doing with just recommending movies similar to the games theme of the week.

He should throw some clips of the movies in there under his monologue too.

This is good stuff. I'll forward it all to Huber.

Joqu

Bosman doesn't want the pressure/association of Patreon for his show. Anyone could technically steal it and upload it anywhere, but that would just be a dick thing to do.

The Game Sleuth alliance channel is to benefit EZA with wider exposure, and the deal (contract?) would presumably be so that they would post the free version (non-patroen early version) on that channel first so EZA couldn't upload it onto their channel.

The exposure is worth it (assuming it's a big channel), and BTW the Youtube ad revenue EZA would get is so small it's not worth mentioning.

Obviously it's up to him, by no means do I mean to claim I know better, but I'd think a disclaimer at the start of each video would be good enough to make clear Bosman at Home shouldn't be expected to be part of the Patreon funded schedule. I really do think it's a shame the show hasn't been made part of the EZA channel.

But if Kyle really isn't comfortable with it then that's that I suppose.

Auctopus

Could someone tell me some of Huber's favourite movies? I'm working on the last banner and my brain is frying.

I've got Aliens & Terminator 2 atm.

Going through the podcast finally. Bens point of MK9 was really good. Another game that I thought was similar was Wolfenstein The new order. A game that came out in May to little buzz. A game that had legacy in the title but really reinvented itself in amazing ways and showed real surprises. I initially passed on it until the buzz of the mechanics compelled me to pick it up during the steam summer sale and it was fantastic. Surpringing it had great characters and didn't treat the premise that could have been very goofy as a joke but made it sincere. Had old school FPS mechanics and designs but still felt fresh. It showed there's a lot of room in the genre that is left untapped. Especially with FPS single player campaigns. The COD campaign is like the stale "find the Key" campaigns of all the doom clones back in the day and Q3/UT were pushing the concept that. SP didn't really matter until Valve showed up with Half life and said "no there's so much more that we can do in this genre".

I feel like we're right back in that rut again waiting for that next game changer.

Auctopus

Okay, that's pretty much everything. We'll call that "Series 1". More than happy to keep making them if people like them when new shows arrive or when more regular Twitch projects happen (such as Bos vs. Woz). Fun fact:
Huber's screens are actually his favourite games, shows and films.

cupofjones82jmm.jpg

dumbgamei1s1k.jpg

frametrapfinalrbbp0.jpg

toyboxtuesdaynew1voxt.jpg

tabletopbanner9ja6y.jpg

podcastbanner2xum6.jpg

bosmanvswozniak70sog.jpg

easyupdatebanner0cap8.jpg

hubersyndrome3rbss.jpg

bosmanathomes3sm9.jpg

bradbot

Neo Member
Could someone tell me some of Huber's favourite movies? I'm working on the last banner and my brain is frying.

Add Fellowship of the Ring, Pulp Fiction and Die Hard. Honestly, there are way to many movies that he loves.

Rockk

He mentioned Sicario as his favorite movie of last year. Of course there is almost Mad Max Fury Road as well.

Just blitzed through Huber Syndrome and EzA Podcast (both solid this week) and I've got two things to say:
-That gong(?) noise in Huber Syndrome has always bugged me, and I realized why - it doesn't seem to fit the vibe of such a casual show.
-I really miss the old GT Time habit of putting onscreen indicators of what topic they were talking about, in case you just didn't care and wanted to skip to something you were into.

RiverKwai

Ben isn't even wearing shoes. His feet just look like that and that's just weird long toe hair that you're mistaking for shoelaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom