• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a fun idea for Blood's current "Link's Awakening" play-through so I thought I'd do one even though it doesn't have an official day/time (as far as I know)!

bloodlinksawakeningj0kkb.jpg

Looks nice. Thanks!
I've been doing them Thursday afternoons, but might find an extra day to do some more.

Gvitor

Easy update has been fantastic. I've always been a fan of Ian, but didn't care much for Mandatory Update. Easy update on the other hand has been hitting all the right notes.

Feep was also great on it.

El-Suave

The Q&A is the coolest new content they've put up so far in addition to the staple shows. Funny and informative. Getting all that interaction and chemistry without the interruption of chat or gameplay reaction is golden, and it worked surprisingly well for so many participants. This is a pretty great incentive for +$20 pledges because it's the most sure fire way to get a question answered. Eventually I'd think about publishing the video for everybody though, maybe before the next Q&A, so all people can witness the greatness.

Drencrom

I can't believe he killed Chrono Trigger

I died a little on the inside

Great episode, you should give that poor lizard a proper burial tho :(

Edit: Oh, and how could you get stuck at the Moonlight Butterfly boss in DaS1? That's like one of the easiest bosses in the game lol

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
The Q&A is the coolest new content they've put up so far in addition to the staple shows. Funny and informative. Getting all that interaction and chemistry without the interruption of chat or gameplay reaction is golden, and it worked surprisingly well for so many participants. This is a pretty great incentive for +$20 pledges because it's the most sure fire way to get a question answered. Eventually I'd think about publishing the video for everybody though, maybe before the next Q&A, so all people can witness the greatness.

I appreciate the sentiment a lot and personally hope that they put up the video for everyone officially that just wants to see what questions have been answered(As far as I understand it the Q&A right now is completely exclusive, but correct me if I'm wrong).

But I caution to release it without checking with them/the other 20$ tier backers.
Some people might feel like leaking that would devalue their 20$ but who knows.

Hasney

I appreciate the sentiment a lot and personally hope that they put up the video for everyone officially that just wants to see what questions have been answered(As far as I understand it the Q&A right now is completely exclusive, but correct me if I'm wrong).

But I caution to release it without checking with them/the other 20$ tier backers.
Some people might feel like leaking that would devalue their 20$ but who knows.

It's totally exclusive and I think it's staying that way. Brandon said he was going to touch on some things that were answered in Cup of Jones, so anything pertinent will be there I assume.

Drencrom

That's cool to hear, bummer I can't rationalize spending +$20/monthly on EZA at the moment so I guess I'll have to live with missing out on [Bosman voice] *exclusive content* by being a filthy non-20 dollar patreon backer.

That's cool to hear, bummer I can't rationalize spending +$20/monthly on EZA at the moment so I guess I'll have to live with missing out on [Bosman voice] *exclusive content* by being a filthy non-20 dollar patreon backer.

Could be a once every year or 6 month thing. Go up to the $20 tier for a month and binge (or save the YouTube links for later viewing). It won't be live, and you'll be missing out on topical things (which may make up a decent bit of it, I have no idea), but if that's what you can afford, then it's an option at least.

On the topic of Patreon, this month hasn't been too kind for them. Down to 34,6$ (ish) a month - that's a fair drop.

Feel you were great on Easy Update. Another fun Kill your babies segment by Ian.

I'm less disappointed in the game that won this time than the one before it.

Heartfyre

Wasn't there supposed to be a Community Video for the $10+ crowd as well? I remember Brandon took questions at the beginning of last month, but I don't recall hearing anything since.

Oh jeez I forgot to update my new card on my PayPal so my pledge didn't go through. It was a pretty easy fix though so no worries I suppose.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
On the topic of Patreon, this month hasn't been too kind for them. Down to 34,6$ (ish) a month - that's a fair drop.

Do you know if there's a loss of backers?
I think it's far more important that, that number grows/stays stable.
The amount of money going down can be so many things like people scaling back on their pledges after the initial high and feeling safe that EZA won't just disappear.

So as long as the healthy base of low tier backers keeps growing I'd say things are pretty positive.

Hasney

About the same amount they went down last month day 1, then recovered a large chunk from people fixing their payments, but it was also new then and might have still gotten new people in.

Nothing to worry about certainly.

jbluzb

the patreon drop is about 6%, however for those who are worrying, patreon is wonky every time there is a charge cycle, usually you get a more stable and clear picture after a day on the actual decrease on patreon.

Pyrokai

Thinking about supporting these guys. I have a list of about 4 things I'd like to support on Patreon, so I'm thinking about just pulling the trigger and supporting them all for about $2 per Patreon (so $8 total) a month. It's not much but it's all I can do right now.

Couple questions:

--Who does the narrating for the video reviews? The same one for GameTrailers? I didn't even know he was part of this group! Haha.

--Is there a place or archive of all the amazing GameTrailers content? Losing all those retrospectives and reviews would be so sad. I always loved going back and watching them periodically. How can I still do this?

Auctopus

Transparency test post.

edit: all good.

Hey, Hasney. Have you recently changed the formatting a little in the OP, if so it looks great. I noticed it on mobile.

Also, Iv'e been working on banners for the Twitch streams. I've done Blood's and Jones. Gonna do Huber and Brad's. Do you think a "Current Twitch Streams" section of the OP is a good idea?

Maligna

Banned
Thinking about supporting these guys. I have a list of about 4 things I'd like to support on Patreon, so I'm thinking about just pulling the trigger and supporting them all for about $2 per Patreon (so $8 total) a month. It's not much but it's all I can do right now.

Couple questions:

--Who does the narrating for the video reviews? The same one for GameTrailers? I didn't even know he was part of this group! Haha.

--Is there a place or archive of all the amazing GameTrailers content? Losing all those retrospectives and reviews would be so sad. I always loved going back and watching them periodically. How can I still do this?

1. That's Brandon Jones, the voice of gametrailers. He was the guy who created gametrailers.com So yes, he's still there. He used to be their boss, now he's kinda just the de facto leader.

2. Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCag-KdYlBQa2al4lHIixvGQ

Pretty much anyone running a Patreon is happy when anyone chooses to give anything. Don't feel bad at all for donating at a low tier.

Yep, that's Brandon Jones. Co-founder and former Editor in Chief of GameTrailers, same role at Easy Allies.

Still in progress, but still a hell of a lot to chew on.

sora87

Just touching on something Brandon said on the Q&A about guests and that he feels he'd have to start a show that would have someone every week. Greg Miller does Gamescast specials every so often with a guest, pretty few and far between but still cool, he could maybe do something like that.

Pyrokai

1. That's Brandon Jones, the voice of gametrailers. He was the guy who created gametrailers.com So yes, he's still there. He used to be their boss, now he's kinda just the de facto leader.

2. Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCag-KdYlBQa2al4lHIixvGQ

Pretty much anyone running a Patreon is happy when anyone chooses to give anything. Don't feel bad at all for donating at a low tier.

Yep, that's Brandon Jones. Co-founder and former Editor in Chief of GameTrailers, same role at Easy Allies.

Still in progress, but still a hell of a lot to chew on.

Awesome! Thanks, guys!

I just finished watching last Monday's Cup of Jones. I'm not sure why I missed it, but I did. Anyway, Brandon not doing anything trailer related anymore kinda breaks my heart (and I'm sure it broke his, too). I understand why he's not doing something like Trailer Score anymore and he explained himself well enough, but it was one of my favorite shows of GT and not getting a similar show back really stings. Absolutely crazy. :(

e: So Patreons are funding Damiani's new show that is going up on a different channel than the EZA YouTube channel, hoping it would give EZA more exposure in return.

I really don't know how to feel about that.

FTF

the patreon drop is about 6%, however for those who are worrying, patreon is wonky every time there is a charge cycle, usually you get a more stable and clear picture after a day on the actual decrease on patreon.

Figured that might happen and it drops right before the first of the month (when payment is due). As long as it has a stable $35k a month I think they'll be fine (plus then adding in any twitch subs revenue and youtube/any other rev, etc).

Plus what you're saying too about patreon being wonky when charge cycle comes up.

Hasney

Transparency test post.

edit: all good.

Hey, Hasney. Have you recently changed the formatting a little in the OP, if so it looks great. I noticed it on mobile.

Also, Iv'e been working on banners for the Twitch streams. I've done Blood's and Jones. Gonna do Huber and Brad's. Do you think a "Current Twitch Streams" section of the OP is a good idea?

I did have a fiddle as I put the banners up, so ta!

Maligna

Banned
Is there an established order for guests on the EZA podcast? I have a question for Ben specifically and I'm not sure when he's on next. (I know he was just on so it will probably be in a few more weeks)

Hasney

Is there an established order for guests on the EZA podcast? I have a question for Ben specifically and I'm not sure when he's on next. (I know he was just on so it will probably be in a few more weeks)

I think there was, but it depends on availability. Might be best directing it to Frame Trap? He's on that one every episode!

Maligna

Banned
I think there was, but it depends on availability. Might be best directing it to Frame Trap? He's on that one every episode!

True. But for this specific question (more of a request really) I want to make sure Kyle is there as well (and hopefully Huber).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom