• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanRats

I think the reason that some of the TE episodes have been a bit slow is because of a lot of hesitancy on the players' part. Not that I blame them, considering they've been really unlucky on certain rolls and have been punished appropriately, but that caution does slow it down quite a bit. Case in point, rather than #LarsHasGrain, we're looking at #LawHasGangrene.

Looking forward to catching up with Ni-Oh and the podcast today!

But that was the best development in the series so far.

Heartfyre

But that was the best development in the series so far.

I don't disagree! It's just that I wholly understand that the players would be hesitant when Law's spontaneity winds up getting punished so severely. There were some moments of that show that I wanted to pause and take screenshots of Huber's face -- he looked like he was hurtin' bad!

Hasney

I think the reason that some of the TE episodes have been a bit slow is because of a lot of hesitancy on the players' part. Not that I blame them, considering they've been really unlucky on certain rolls and have been punished appropriately, but that caution does slow it down quite a bit. Case in point, rather than #LarsHasGrain, we're looking at #LawHasGangrene.

Looking forward to catching up with Ni-Oh and the podcast today!

Maybe Huber should, I dunno, try removing the grain if it was bothering him? Or maybe not shove grain into a wound when it didn't work the first time?

It's no slower than the start of TTA for me. I think it's more to do with trying to get into character still. WORKING OUT THOSE KINKS.

Visceir

Maybe Huber should, I dunno, try removing the grain if it was bothering him? Or maybe not shove grain into a wound when it didn't work the first time?

It's no slower than the start of TTA for me. I think it's more to do with trying to get into character still. WORKING OUT THOSE KINKS.

Progression wise they haven't really made it past that first room and they're 6 hours in already. I'm so ready to have some new plot elements or characters introduced rather than them ending up in another random skirmish battle.

Jonnax

Progression wise they haven't really made it past that first room and they're 6 hours in already. I'm so ready to have some new plot elements or characters introduced rather than them ending up in another random skirmish battle.

Yeah more character interactions and lore will be really good.
Maybe they can become grain merchants in memory of Lars.

Oh you deleted it so hard Ben. It was kinda really weird.

Also make sure you at least beat the boss of the first level (there's two levels) before the Alpha is over, because it gets you an item for when the game releases. It's tied to your PSN account and has you go to the PSN store from the game and "buy" a DLC item, basically.

Brandon was just sitting there politely and thinking "WTF Ben why did you just delete the demo?!" lol.

Hasney

Errybody talks about how EZA should be able to afford people full time, but they can't even afford big enough SD cards to fit a whole podcast on!

The Easy Allies Povertycast

Kasper

Errybody talks about how EZA should be able to afford people full time, but they can't even afford big enough SD cards to fit a whole podcast on!

The Easy Allies Povertycast

My jaw dropped when Kyle said that. I don't understand why they haven't invested in a proper SD card. About an hour of HD footage, they must be working with what, 4GB???

Hasney

My jaw dropped when Kyle said that. I don't understand why they haven't invested in a proper SD card. About an hour of HD footage, they must be working with what, 4GB???

Unless they're recording in raw 16bit RGB which would run up to a TB, yeah.

Hasney

Lol I legit did this for a game. Can't remember which. Meant to close the application but hit delete without knowing. Was super confused when it was gone from the XMB. Haha

I've done it at least twice. One time for Diablo 3 and all of it's 60GB of data. So annoying and too easily done!

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I just noticed that we're not getting a FrameTrap during the P5 release announcement + most likely new news(given how little we know) week.

Sadness...

llehuty

I just noticed that we're not getting a FrameTrap during the P5 release announcement + most likely new news(given how little we know) week.

Sadness...

Do we know when they record Frame Trap? If the schedule follows as it is, the event would 4~5 days before the 3rd episode of Frame Trap. I think it's actually good timing.

It could also be possible doing a live reaction stream, if they have the time.

Sadness...

Maybe we will get another apology video from Not Ben Moore for heresy.

Altho the game didn't end up coming that year lol

Hasney

Do we know when they record Frame Trap? If the schedule follows as it is, the event would 4~5 days before the 3rd episode of Frame Trap. I think it's actually good timing.

Think the first one was over the weekend before the Monday if I'm remembering right. I wouldn't do a live reaction stream for hours of Atlus trolling though! Fair play if they do, I'll watch, but mannnn.

Ben Moore
‏@BenMoore035
Backseat DM comments make me not want to play Dungeons & Dragons.

I found the comment chain on YouTube that seems to have sparked it. It was the most downvoted comment (at the bottom anyway) and both people involved have apologised so hopefully it doesn't get to him for too long.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

Damn you're right for some reason I forgot we're in the week where they don't record. Which lead me to the totally wrong assumption that they don't record next week.
4-5 days is indeed pretty good.

Wohoo.

In theory livestream would be cool but then I remember that it might just be Atlus trolling for a good amount of time + I don't think they're is an English stream anyway?

Think the first one was over the weekend before the Monday if I'm remembering right. I wouldn't do a live reaction stream for hours of Atlus trolling though! Fair play if they do, I'll watch, but mannnn.

I found the comment chain on YouTube that seems to have sparked it. It was the most downvoted comment (at the bottom anyway) and both people involved have apologised so hopefully it doesn't get to him for too long.

Or don't read YT comments. That is like knowingly walking into a minefield.

Philippo

Ben just want to let you know that you're quickly becoming my favourite streamer.

And yeah, if they adjust a couple of things and have a cool lore/story, this game could be GOAT, even better than some Souls.

I want to see Ben finish the entire Nioh alpha and maybe dragging in Huber or something to play along. It will be fun to watch before the alpha is over.

I want to see Ben finish the entire Nioh alpha and maybe dragging in Huber or something to play along. It will be fun to watch before the alpha is over.

If he's down for it, I'd love to see him finish the demo. He seemed to be having a good time last night and it was kind of infectious ^^

I still wanted him to continue his no death run though of Dark Souls 3. Was he ever going to do that again, do we know?

Zanzura

I think it would be great to have Ian, Brad, Huber, and Ben sit down to have a group "Just Played" style discussion about the demo after it's over. I'm assuming they would all play it since the initial impression it gave was basically "Samurai Souls." I think it would make a great video to see what everyone thinks of it, as there seems to be plenty to talk about. Everything from the mechanics, how it compares to souls/bloodborne, difficulty, tech issues, controls, world/lore, and so on. Plenty of stuff to talk about that could make for a cool hour long discussion. The question is if they can even fit that sort of video into their current schedule.

dickroach

If he's down for it, I'd love to see him finish the demo. He seemed to be having a good time last night and it was kind of infectious ^^

yeah. I'd never heard of the game before yesterday, and now I'm stoked to get it (and a PS4) when it comes out. not sure I'd be feeling that way if I'd just seen a random twitch stream/youtube vid.

MrMette

I've done it at least twice. One time for Diablo 3 and all of it's 60GB of data. So annoying and too easily done!

I always hold the PS button (for a few seconds) and close my games/apps via that menu (you can also see which games/apps are open like that). No danger in deleting them like that.

What I have done quite a few times is trying to update a game (which it almost never does automatically and I don't know why) and starting the game by accident (because the menu in the library is different then the menu on the startscreen)
They should indeed make changes to how this whole thing works imo.

Tankard

Watched Ben's Ni-Oh stream, it was just awesome and I love this demo so much too, one of the best i've ever played.
It was hilarious when Ben deleted the demo and didn't realize and everyone was freaking out in the chat, lol.

bradbot

Neo Member

No spoilers but I'm very excited for you guys to see whats to come

ito007

Man y'all are really hyping up the Ni-Oh stream, looks like I gotta check it out. Still haven't even gotten to the Tuesday stream.

UrbanRats

Ben Moore
‏@BenMoore035
Backseat DM comments make me not want to play Dungeons & Dragons.
Hopefully it's not for some of the comments in here, most seemed pretty constructive in tone, whether someone agrees or not.

Anyway, the campaign is fantastic so far, so i wouldn't give them too much weight, if i was Ben.
It's a bit like Twitch chat, sometimes it becomes unbearable, and you just have to ignore it and try to move on.
Yes, listening to criticism is ideal to grow, but at the end of the day, it's Ben's show, and people tune in to watch Ben's campaign (and the other guys, ofc.) not some other commentators'.
-
Anyway, finally watcher the podcast, so funny having Kyle say that it was a slow news week, that was really unfortunate timing.
I still enjoyed the in depth talk about coming games though, even if i'm not particularly excited for anything past Uncharted 4 and FFXV, at this point (given that they delayed Zelda, and that Nier will not be out in 2016).

Hopefully it's not for some of the comments in here, most seemed pretty constructive in tone, whether someone agrees or not.

I haven't really followed the discussion all that much, so whatever I have to say might not be relevant to what has been said at GAF. Regardless, it doesn't matter whether or not a comment is constructive if it essentially boils down to "Ben should do this" or "Ben should have done that". That's backseat DMing, no matter how polite it is. Ben clearly knows what he's doing, so I can imagine how draining it must be on him to see a bunch of people he doesn't know try to second-guess his every word and action, good intentions or not.

UrbanRats

I haven't really followed the discussion all that much, so whatever I have to say might not be relevant to what has been said at GAF. Regardless, it doesn't matter whether or not a comment is constructive if it essentially boils down to "Ben should do this" or "Ben should have done that". That's backseat DMing, no matter how polite it is. Ben clearly knows what he's doing, so I can imagine how draining it must be on him to see a bunch of people he doesn't know try to second-guess his every word and action, good intentions or not.
I see nothing wrong with expressing an opinion politely.
Of course, if your opinion isn't taken into consideration (for whatever reason, no explanation is owed to you) and you keep beating that drum, then it becomes a problem.

When you create a work of art, you're going to have critique (good and bad), that's how it works.

But i do understand that it can get annoying to have that every single episode, and especially if it comes from Youtube comments, since people tend to be particularly arrogant in that space.
Again, my advice is to always keep in mind that people tune into TTE because it's Ben's and EZA's show, they want what Ben and EZA create, not what is screamed in the comments or elsewhere, however insistently.
So he should basically disregard it.

I see nothing wrong with expressing an opinion politely.
Of course, if your opinion isn't taken into consideration (for whatever reason, no explanation is owed to you) and you keep beating that drum, then it becomes a problem.

Under normal circumstance that might be true, but when addressing a DM there are different rules of etiquette in place. If you're running a game and one of your players points out that you're using the grapple rules wrong (to pick a random example), the DM has every right to be annoyed as he's supposed to be in control of the game and its rules, to the point of breaking them for reasons he shouldn't have to explain, and the player's comment becomes disruptive and irritating. It's backseat DMing, when the right thing to do is to stay silent and possibly take it up in private between sessions. If this kind of disruption happens regularly, it gets much worse.

When a complete stranger who is invited to observe a game publicly says the DM is using the grapple rules wrong, he's stepping out of line. This is not okay, and it's a rare DM who'll find it to be acceptable behavior.

TheCalGee

Updated Pokemon Plays image for the second episode.

YCGCk5v.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom