• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

I mentioned this worry before and it was sort of met with mixed responses. But as E3 winds up, a lot of people who don't look towards GT or EZA during the majority of the year are reminded of the fantastic work they did last year during the press conferences. Because of this the Twitch chat is going to be rammed with users spamming. begging Huber to freak out about something and generally making it impossible to carry any sort of dialog during the stream, silencing the usual crowd of people who are their during normal streams...

So, I was wondering if people would be interest in an EZAGAF Twitch chat group for the press conferences?

Visceir

Not really feeling that latest Frame Trap episode. Just felt kinda dry and like it dragged on for too long during the first part. The cast members didn't seem to be into it much either, constantly getting up and being distracted by other stuff.

Not even really sure what would help, felt like Ben and Michael were too far apart and maybe a circle-like sitting arrangement would help more.

Would have also liked to hear more about Brandon's Kinda Funny Live experience.

The sound levels also felt kinda off, with Ben's voice being more quiet than the rest.

So far the first episode has still been my favorite and I still think the podcast would benefit from having 3 - 4 steady chairs rather than people constantly rotating in and out.

Hasney

I really, really don't want any static chairs on Frame Trap or extra ones on the main podcast than what they already have. I want to hear from all of them that work there in different mixes and environments, so it would be a huge bummer. Hell, Huber is already close to a static chair since he's covered for people who couldn't make it.

wiibomb

I really, really don't want any static chairs on Frame Trap or extra ones on the main podcast than what they already have. I want to hear from all of them that work there in different mixes and environments, so it would be a huge bummer. Hell, Huber is already close to a static chair since he's covered for people who couldn't make it.

I wouldn't mind if Huber became a static chair... it would be similar to EZA podcast where Bradon and Kyle are permanent, in fact I think it would help to the identity of the show. 2 dynamic chairs are good, imo.

Not really feeling that latest Frame Trap episode. Just felt kinda dry and like it dragged on for too long during the first part. The cast members didn't seem to be into it much either, constantly getting up and being distracted by other stuff.

Not even really sure what would help, felt like Ben and Michael were too far apart and maybe a circle-like sitting arrangement would help more.

Would have also liked to hear more about Brandon's Kinda Funny Live experience.

The sound levels also felt kinda off, with Ben's voice being more quiet than the rest.

So far the first episode has still been my favorite and I still think the podcast would benefit from having 3 - 4 steady chairs rather than people constantly rotating in and out.

Too much MMO talk for me. I don't mind it when discussing what you played, but rolling the conversation back to them made me tune out.
Ben's bets were great though.

Christ these vids are all so long. I love these guys but literally don't have like 4-6 hours a day for them. When and why did BPP become an hour?

Hasney

Christ these vids are all so long. I love these guys but literally don't have like 4-6 hours a day for them. When and why did BPP become an hour?

People kept wanting moooorrreee. Not sure if they meant Ben or just more BPP or what.

Seriously though, there's no real time limit to BPP and that's one of the best things. As much as Brandon and Kyle have to talk about, they will. Much better than some compressed conversation.

Break it up over a few weeks if you feel like it. It's the last one for a few weeks.

Same. I never cared about the long ass podcasts.

At least they're still doing video reviews, which don't seem to have lost any quality after GT. That's the main thing for me.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Also unless you're absolutely not interested in the podcast, try out listening making use of the time stamps so you can just zone in on the topics that speak to you. That can condense the content a lot.

TheCalGee

Count me in for loving the long podcasts. I put them on in the background while I'm working, drawing or walking somewhere.

I listen to some of them over the course of a couple days usually.

I just wanted to say that everyone's feedback (both positive and negative) about Frame Trap has been great. You all offer detailed opinions that I find myself agreeing with more often than not.

The audio is all over the place in the last episode and I hate it. It will not happen again.

As far as the static/rotating chairs are concerned, I'm actually very torn about it. I think rotating chairs work for the EZA podcast because it's more focused.

For Frame Trap, I think the primary appeal is the rapport between people. The more familiar panelists are with the flow of the show and the other people who are a part of it, the better it's probably going to be.

That said, I don't want Frame Trap to turn into an echo chamber. Having a diverse group with very different outlooks is super valuable and something I don't want to lose.

Honestly, I don't think Frame Trap has found its footing quite yet, but it will get there. After E3 there will probably be some experimentation and I'll see what people like/don't like.

RedAssedApe

Banned

its nice to listen to during the commute to and from work. i generally won't listen to them otherwise as i could be doing other things at home in that two hours like playing an actual game :)

frametrap is also every other week so they usually have a bit to catch up on.

I just wanted to say that everyone's feedback (both positive and negative) about Frame Trap has been great. You all offer detailed opinions that I find myself agreeing with more often than not.

The audio is all over the place in the last episode and I hate it. It will not happen again.

As far as the static/rotating chairs are concerned, I'm actually very torn about it. I think rotating chairs work for the EZA podcast because it's more focused.

For Frame Trap, I think the primary appeal is the rapport between people. The more familiar panelists are with the flow of the show and the other people who are a part of it, the better it's probably going to be.

That said, I don't want Frame Trap to turn into an echo chamber. Having a diverse group with very different outlooks is super valuable and something I don't want to lose.

Honestly, I don't think Frame Trap has found its footing quite yet, but it will get there. After E3 there will probably be some experimentation and I'll see what people like/don't like.

Frame Trap has become something that my brother and I look forward to the most from EZA because we know you, Ben Moore, will be on.

For criticism I would say that the what have you been playing segment needs to be shorter and the emails longer. I also feel like that SD card is holding Frame Trap back a little. I know you want to delve deeper into the main topic and the asides but the viewer can feel the 2 hour crunch- things feel rushed towards the last 20 minutes or so.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Jeez Huber is on fire in this TTE he's become so comfortable in the role he's basically become one with Law now and Law is a glorious lunatic. Makes me want to see Law in an academy setting failing diplomacy classes.
Edit: Further into it, actually everyone is a lot more into it. This is a really fun TTE episode. D&D newb perspective though.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm jonesing for that bets video really bad. Feels like it should've been filmed and uploaded by now. Pre-E3 hype feels like it's at an all time high right now, they gotta cash in on that.

I was rewatching a bit of the last one they did for PSX and I forgot how hilarious it was, especially at the end when wild-eyed Huber starts becoming legitimately menacing. I'd never bet against that guy.

Lexad

Frame Trap has become something that my brother and I look forward to the most from EZA because we know you, Ben Moore, will be on.

For criticism I would say that the what have you been playing segment needs to be shorter and the emails longer. I also feel like that SD card is holding Frame Trap back a little. I know you want to delve deeper into the main topic and the asides but the viewer can feel the 2 hour crunch- things feel rushed towards the last 20 minutes or so.

I think I agree with the fact that the games played section is a bit long. I was shocked that it was nearly an hour into the video before we got to the e3 stuff (maybe it wasn't an hour but it was pretty far into the podcast )

Hasney

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I'm jonesing for that bets video really bad. Feels like it should've been filmed and uploaded by now. Pre-E3 hype feels like it's at an all time high right now, they gotta cash in on that.

I was rewatching a bit of the last one they did for PSX and I forgot how hilarious it was, especially at the end when wild-eyed Huber starts becoming legitimately menacing. I'd never bet against that guy.

It was recorded yesterday as planned. Brandon just needs to edit it. It went up in the week before E3 last years too.

I think I agree with the fact that the games played section is a bit long. I was shocked that it was nearly an hour into the video before we got to the e3 stuff (maybe it wasn't an hour but it was pretty far into the podcast )

Yeah, but I wouldn't want to cut it off by time as it may curtail a good conversation. Maybe only 1 or 2 games per person.

demu

giphy.gif

Tankard

Frame Trap is awesome, Ben, love that it's long too. I think the only "criticism" that I have is that for a loose show it's still too much, if not entirely, about video games, but that's also something that cannot be forced upon you guys, if you are talking about films or something else, it needs to be because you wanted and not because you are forced into it as a segment, i just thought you guys wanted not to be all about games and that created some expectation. But i love it as it is.

DKHF

I agree with this, I would appreciate if that section was a bit shorter. Hottake and emails are the best parts and should be longer (emails especially).

Hasney

Everyone was on fire on that Tabletop. Seemed like it might be the Huber show at the start, Ben had some consequences which worked out perfect in stopping Law's stream of crazy, yet giving them another situation. Then the whole cats thing, Jeramiah laughing and a great cliffhanger end.

sora87

I'd be fine with Huber becoming a regular on Frame Trap, he fits that podcast's vibe so much and it's basically canon now. Definitely don't want any others as regulars though, it'd become a bit stale with all 4 people being the same every week.

Karu

Tabletop... Wow, lauighing so hard throughout the epsiode. Feel a bit bad for Ben and his world he created, but man... :D :D

One thing that I dunno if they forgot to mention
Kuo should be dead after 12 hours, no? Then again, that might be why he ran away lol
:p

I was thinking earlier that his has only been a thing for a month or so. Given some time and feedback the show will be even better.

My only negative feedback I would have is the What Have You Been playing segment feels very stilted at times. As if it is going through the motions of ok you're done what about you. Making that more organic will come with time I am confident but I also think there should be a game(s) released that week that everyone should get involved and talk about as hopefully everyone has played it. Maybe save those those big releases for the end of the segment. Feels like those big releases get lost in the conversation.

Just my take, others may feel differently. Again I love the show, keep up the great work.

Personally I don't think that the length of "what games are you playing" is a problem in itself so much as how it's presented and balanced. When we start, it feels like a quick warm up, rather than the meat of the first half of the show. And some of those conversations deserve to be developed. After that, it's just that tricky art of moving things along without explicitly letting your viewers or even the panel feel like you're doing that. (which I know I'm personally terrible at from the times I've hosted things)

Vinc

I think Ben's a good host, and I feel like Frame Trap gets better with every single episode. The one thing I would love on this podcast, but which is pretty tricky to do, is basically more debates. I want people who played the same game but have different opinions in some way. I love when that happens.

RedAssedApe

Banned
frametrap is still young. im sure they'll work out the kinks over time.

ben making the loser of a bet play or watch something reminds me of how i often try and get friends and sibling to play or watch something and how hard it is to convince them sometimes. sorry dudes...you lost a bet. YOU WILL PLAY/WATCH THIS AND YOU WILL ENJOY IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom