• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

so, after the E3 hype of that last Frame Trap and the anticipation of the E3 bet specials, my friends and I got our own little betting game too over here.

got an image for you guys about our bets:

some of them are in spanish because in my free-writting I tend to mix a lot bot languages since I find that funny. I will have to write a review of Super Meat Boy if I lose these bets

h1vHwrsh.jpg

Auctopus

Felt like this week's Frane Trap could've used a little compression or at least mic control. I was listening in the car and Ben would sometimes sound like he's coming from the bathroom then immediately sound like he was shouting in my ear.

I understand there's no Compressor designed for Michael Huber.

Rongolian

Banned
Did anyone else notice that the donation for Jones' trailer score feature went to $45,000?

I thought it was bundled in with the E3 coverage at $40,000. Jones seems terrified to commit to anything additional for EZA so it makes sense it'd get pushed to a further donation incentive, but I could have sworn it was there at $40,000 a few days ago.

SeanTSC

Did anyone else notice that the donation for Jones' trailer score feature went to $45,000?

I thought it was bundled in with the E3 coverage at $40,000. Jones seems terrified to commit to anything additional for EZA so it makes sense it'd get pushed to a further donation incentive, but I could have sworn it was there at $40,000 a few days ago.

Trailer Score was $45k, it didn't change.

sappyday

I'm pretty sure it was 45,000 since it was announced.

sora87

Whoa, people are still commenting on that no man's sky just played from last year, latest comments are like a few days ago

I'm pretty sure it was 45,000 since it was announced.

It was. The only change is that I removed the E3 of Dreams goal, since we reached that milestone and got the payout. Didn't make sense to me to have people giving towards a goal if their money wouldn't actually contribute to that.

Rongolian

Banned
It was. The only change is that I removed the E3 of Dreams goal, since we reached that milestone and got the payout. Didn't make sense to me to have people giving towards a goal if their money wouldn't actually contribute to that.
Sorry, that's my misunderstanding then. Thanks for the clarification! I've upped my monthly amount in hopes that $50,000 can be reached for the studio!

Hasney

It doesn't say, but it's on twitch.TV/deusex rather than a Square Enid channel, so I am only expecting Deus Ex related things.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Man, Damiani on Frame Trap is, uh... kind of a buzz kill? Spending a bit too much time doing the "dumb guy voice" talking about people on the internet... Not used to hearing that kind of stuff from EZA

I don't really know Damiani all that well (I only knew him as Bosman's villain), sorry if I'm just not used to his typical contrast

Man, Damiani on Frame Trap is, uh... kind of a buzz kill? Spending a bit too much time doing the "dumb guy voice" talking about people on the internet... Not used to hearing that kind of stuff from EZA

I don't really know Damiani all that well (I only knew him as Bosman's villain), sorry if I'm just not used to his typical contrast

Damiani is a god tier troll.

Liamc723

It doesn't say, but it's on twitch.TV/deusex rather than a Square Enid channel, so I am only expecting Deus Ex related things.

Hmm, I'm not sure.

It seems to have the tagline of a Deus Ex Universe stream on that channel, but I can't think of any "new projects" there could be within the Deus Ex series. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

Ben claims to be looking to better people's lives, then turns around and threatens to make Brandon watch trash like Eva? He even admits that he thinks it will bother Brandon.

Too cruel, Ben-kun. Too cruel.

Zanzura

Well, Dangerous Golf seems to be a dud for the group stream. I voted for it knowing nothing about it. I didn't vote for Guilty Gear since I generally only enjoy streams of high-level play for fighting games, and Mirror's Edge is something I'm likely to play myself. Dangerous Golf just seems to be Burnout's Crash mode... with golf. That's it. :/

Damiani stay winning.

Aters

Hmm, I'm not sure.

It seems to have the tagline of a Deus Ex Universe stream on that channel, but I can't think of any "new projects" there could be within the Deus Ex series. I guess we'll just have to wait and find out.

Know SE, there can always be more mobile games, or APPs.

SeanTSC

Ben claims to be looking to better people's lives, then turns around and threatens to make Brandon watch trash like Eva? He even admits that he thinks it will bother Brandon.

Should've dropped My Hero Academia on Brandon to give him the total-opposite of the over-confidence that he disliked.

Giever

Well, Brandon's complaint about anime was the characters are all super-confident & super-competent. Maybe Shinji will address some of his issues, lol.

farisr

He apparently has watched nothing but Shonen.
Even most shonen don't really have that super-confident, super competent, show no fear combo that he was talking about if you watch the whole series. Heck, even his stated example of Advent Children does not actually reflect what he was saying.

Him just watching bits and pieces of stuff is what's caused him to associate this with anime in general it seems.

BBboy20

Even most shonen don't really have that super-confident, super competent, show no fear combo that he was talking about if you watch the whole series. Heck, even his stated example of Advent Children does not actually reflect what he was saying.

Him just watching bits and pieces of stuff is what's caused him to associate this with anime in general it seems.
I'm surprised he made a CGI movie of a video game as his crux.

styl3s

Ben should of made him watch Evangelion 1.0: You are not alone because those cut movies are the best way to watch Evangelion.

Auctopus

Was re-watching Community Q&A and forgot about that loaded "SJW" question, ugh.

Nah, it's a welcome return. He's one of the most knowledgable of the group and has a tendency to always give a thought-out, realisitc answer that balances out the rest of the group's sometimes a little too rampant speculation. The balance is what makes EZA great.

kami_sama

Watching Frame Trap, I mirror most of Ben's opinions on Mirror's Edge Catalyst. I've only played the beta, but I liked what I played, and I'm waiting for the game to unlock here in the EU.

Watching Frame Trap, I mirror most of Ben's opinions on Mirror's Edge Catalyst. I've only played the beta, but I liked what I played, and I'm waiting for the game to unlock here in the EU.

So I bought Mirrors Edge catalyst, and I wanted to offer my input into it. Having only played an hour so far (busy yesterday) I like the art direction and the game still feels like it plays the same as the original Mirrors Edge, which is a positive for me. The writing makes me so god damn sad. I walked out of the intro to be greeted by Icarus and right from the start he looks like the biggest fucking tool. Then the writing goes on to flesh him out as a huge fucking tool. I think you can have characters that are like that in a game, but something about him being the first real 'runner' that I saw left a weird taste in my mouth. I can definitely see why Ben said the writing actively detracts from the game (at least I think he said that). Also the default runners vision is like 'Baby's First Mirrors Edge', so I turned it off. Or maybe I accidentally enabled full instead of classic, regardless it wasn't something I really needed.

Aside from the Ubisoft-esque 'you must unlock these radio towers' type open world markers in the game, I actually don't feel like the game suffers as much from being open world. I may change my opinion on that as time changes, but for now I'm okay with the exploration and traversal using the free-running elements.

Oh, and within the first 15 minutes I did a combo that had a finisher that pulled me out to 3rd person and I had a Bosman-style 'Oh no' go through my head. Everything should've stayed in first person after the game finished that intro. Hell, the intro should've stayed in first person. That's one thing I really liked about the first game: almost all scenes were in first person (barring the animated cutscenes).

That's my 2 cents so far with only an hour in. I think I'm going to be glad I purchased it for sure, and the positives will outweigh the negatives. But I feel like there may also be more negatives than the last game just due to the nature of open-world games usually having more 'content' than linear games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom