• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man I miss Elyse interacting with these fellows, her sense of humour / comedic timing is so on point. One of the funniest people in the Biz.

PSNEO stream hype! Hopefully there are some bombshells.

jett

D-Member
So everyone's betting now? :p Dang welcher!

Oh man I miss Elyse interacting with these fellows, her sense of humour / comedic timing is so on point. One of the funniest people in the Biz.

Yeah I liked Elyse too.

Kansoku

Did I miss something or Kyle never said his PS4 Neo name? Jones was 4.1, Brad 4.5, Don and Ian (and Blood) 4k and Damiani 4S.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
CTR stream was painful with the asinine "not Mario Kart" comparisons ensuring a "no fun" zone for the majority of it.

Thankfully presents and bets sections made up for it.

I agree EZA needs some more "shows" that aren't 2 hour long podcasts so as to gain attention from a lot more audience. Obviously a studio makes that a LOT easier, but the sooner some of the allies get up on Adobe Premiere editing, the more I think they can produce something like Just Playeds themselves even if its just two of them in a well lit room and with acceptable mic's. Huber and Brad and have done it a couple of times now as did Ben and Huber for Titanfall 2. Slap some brand/title card on those and get them out every now and then and you got something alongside reviews that the "I AINT LISTENING TO 2 HOURS, SON" crowd can enjoy and support.

My favorite part about the "Money In The Bank" betting thing is I get the impression that none of them really understand how MITB works in WWE, lol

"Yeah dude, Money In The Bank, sure"

latest Frame Trap audio wasn't that bad in podcast form. the mega apology wasn't necessary in description altho appreciated.

I strongly disagree. I usually listen to the podcasts on the way to work, but had to watch the video this week because I just couldn't hear a word Damiani was saying. Sounded like he was sitting really far from the mic.

I strongly disagree. I usually listen to the podcasts on the way to work, but had to watch the video this week because I just couldn't hear a word Damiani was saying. Sounded like he was sitting really far from the mic.

Any reason why they aren't using the clip-on mics anymore? I assume they're super expensive?

Auctopus

I'd have to agree with IDreamofHIME that there was an issue with sound in this week's Frame Trap, however, it's an issue that can be fixed with just an EQ and Compression.

- Damiani likes to sit back like a King which makes him slightly too far from the mic.
- Huber has moments like "The Starcraft 2 patch notes... they changed every unit... EVERYONE!! and it's deafening. You need very harsh compression on his mic if he's gonna do that.

Other than that it's fine, the room reverb is fine too. But it's the levels that can get grating for someone just listening.

Also, ADVICE FOR BEN ABOUT READING MORE - I'm quite an avid reader and get constantly asked by friends a) how do I read so much and b) they wish they could read more or they 'think' they should read more. Unfortunately, most of my friends are more in love with the idea of reading rather than actually doing it.

- The thing is, you need to be very strict with yourself about a time you are going to sit down and read. An hour a day before bed or just after waking up will mean you can get through a book a week, easily within 2 weeks (unless it's a fantasy epic).

- Secondly, don't listen to recommendations. Books can be very subjective, especially when it comes to writing styles. Read something for yourself. Go on GoodReads or go to a Bookstore and just spend about 20 minutes browsing. Judge the books by their covers, then read the backs and maybe read a few paragraphs to see if you like the style. Do not go by the "These are the best 100 books every written" lists. I've been there and it's just not worth it for a lot of investment.

- Your desire to read GOT, so this is quite a popular question I get from my friends as we're all GOT fans. If you're up to date with the series, I would recommend you only attempt the books if you are truly invested and want to know the backgrounds and further lore. Because those books are tomes and there's several of them. The variety of books you could read in the time it would take you to finish that series is staggering and IMO much more worth your time.

- This may not be true for everyone but after long gaming stints, I will find it very difficult to concentrate on books as the dopamine hits are fewer and further in between. It will require manual focus.

Sidenote: Also, if you're trying to get back into reading, starting on something that could take up to a month could really kill any enthusiasm you start with. Studies show that finishing books will give you added motivation and focus to finish more, so I'd advise starting on 200-300 page books first.

Hope that helps!

Hasney

My favorite part about the "Money In The Bank" betting thing is I get the impression that none of them really understand how MITB works in WWE, lol

The champion has the briefcase! I mean, I think that just means he took it home :lol

Next tournament winner should get it. The briefcase can hold all the werehogs.

ArjanN

I felt they all lowballed the number of games announced, (well except Don but he backed down :p) I'm not expecting much at this event, but pretty sure they were like at least 8 or so announcements are last years TGS press conference.

cm osi

his mic was probably off so he was recorded by brad mic

I'd love to see Kyle's reaction to Miyamoto coming out on the Apple stage and revealing that Mario game. lmao

his mic was probably off so he was recorded by brad mic

It's just a shame because I agree with his Metroid comments, but just couldn't make it all out 1st time around.

MatParker1711

Neo Member

She moved on to help to sell out the Kodak Theatre and Hammerstein Ballroom as well as huge snaking lines at PAX, most popular gaming podcast on itunes, RT fanbase has taken to her like ducks to water.

Hasney

Staying at my mums today and she's letting me watch the PS Meeting, but the Fire Stick doesn't let me cast Twitch. Grrr. Might have to go with GB.

Auctopus

Nothing wrong with what Jones is saying.

The stream is for the Allies, I'm not big on reaction culture but if you care so much about seeing the event then just go watch it.

brawly

Small screen again + no Huber or Bosman means I'm sticking with Kinda Funny on this one.

Will watch it later though. Let's go!

CTR stream was painful with the asinine "not Mario Kart" comparisons ensuring a "no fun" zone for the majority of it.

Thankfully presents and bets sections made up for it.

It got good by the end, when Damiani started getting the hang of the mechanics and playing well and Kyle was into it because he loves the game.

But yeah, Brad was pretty bad during it. He never even gave it a chance, let alone know that CTR's one of the best kart racers ever. I had both systems that gen and by far preferred CTR over MK64 and DKR.

lol yeah, this isn't Money in the Bank, it's just a Number 1 Contender match.

Because Kyle never wins these!

A fair point. I'd probably put my money on Jones, he's been winning like a champ this year.

Burt

resolutions and framerates you couldn't imagine

Mark Cerny was that flight attendant in charge of telling you the safety procedures in his past life

resolutions and framerates you couldn't imagine

Mark Cerny was that flight attendant in charge of telling you the safety procedures in his past life

That's exactly what he sounds like. Thank you for putting it to words.

Edit: Are they goign to tell us how many flying monkeys can be on screen at the same time? I won't really be able to appreciate the specs otherwise.

Gigarator

a crowd-funded site funding a crowd-funded site?

It does look a bit weird that they're putting down $500 for a sponsorship when their patreon is pulling in precisely double that in total. But can't say I've looked into it much, maybe there's more to the situation.

It does look a bit weird that they're putting down $500 for a sponsorship when their patreon is pulling in precisely double that in total. But can't say I've looked into it much, maybe there's more to the situation.

Well it's not like they're locked into it permanently, so maybe they're just looking to sponsor EZA for one or two months. Seems like a good way to get their comic out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom