• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...this is bad. I just forgot. It's part of the problem of only shooting once a month. However, that's really not a great excuse. I need to take notes for such things, which can be very hard to do in the middle of session, but regardless it's still worth trying.

It's okay, the amount of things you don't mess up considering the huge amount of stuff you need to keep track of is staggering.

Still, Necator got robbed, that outfit is rightfully his :p

Kyle was legit astonished at the Yogalla card game and damn Brad getting a gundam too, those looks amazing

When did this happen?

VanWinkle

I hope they start looking at ways to up their production quality soon. I mean, it really hasn't changed much since the second week or whenever they got their mics. We need better camera quality especially, maybe a couple of nice cameras for multiple angles like a lot of podcasts do. I don't know, I just feel like they look too low-budget for being such a high-profile Patreon. I think it might be time to invest a bit in the production side.

Rockk

Finally, watched the Playstation meeting reactions video. All I can say is that I really want a Jones talk about the end of Jojo Part 2.

Hasney

I hope they start looking at ways to up their production quality soon. I mean, it really hasn't changed much since the second week or whenever they got their mics. We need better camera quality especially, maybe a couple of nice cameras for multiple angles like a lot of podcasts do. I don't know, I just feel like they look too low-budget for being such a high-profile Patreon. I think it might be time to invest a bit in the production side.

After following the Bombcast live since they started and obviously GT Time, I really hope they never go to a multi camera setup. It's more effort for the tiniest gain and when it goes wrong with people talking off camera, it's more annoying than anything. Cuttong to multiple angles puts me off as i like to see peoples reactions even if fheyre not talking.

One camera and mics are fine for the podcasts (unless they get lapel mics). Second mic is probably needed for the group stream.

VanWinkle

After following the Bombcast live since they started and obviously GT Time, I really hope they never go to a multi camera setup. It's more effort for the tiniest gain and when it goes wrong with people talking off camera, it's more annoying than anything. Cuttong to multiple angles puts me off as i like to see peoples reactions even if fheyre not talking.

One camera and mics are fine for the podcasts (unless they get lapel mics). Second mic is probably needed for the group stream.

At the very least, a much nicer quality camera, then.

https://www.twitch.tv/easyallies/v/87987143

2:11:21 for the Yogalla card game
2:29:20 for the gundam

i want a gundam too

Okay I thought someone found a random card game that was coincidentally called "Yogalla", but nope, someone legit made a card game O_O

OioiRrz.gif

While I'm generally content with the DIY sensibilities across all the shows/streams right now, I still would like to see them try upgrading the sound setup for group streams. When the DIY setup actually hinders being able to hear people behind the couch clearly, I take some issue. No to mention the mic peaking complaints here and there.

Other than that, I really think the heart of what you're getting at is most likely due to conflicting schedules, traveling distances, etc. It'd probably be remedied with a studio, but I recognize the limitations currently placed on them without one. It speaks volumes when individual members overcome those limitations and conflicts, though. Kyle showing up for August's Q&A, while on vacation, is a recent example of that. Along with Brandon editing most everything, I get the sense that they're trying everything they can within their grasp.

MrMette

Yeah...this is bad. I just forgot. It's part of the problem of only shooting once a month. However, that's really not a great excuse. I need to take notes for such things, which can be very hard to do in the middle of session, but regardless it's still worth trying.

I forgot about it too (until it was mentioned here by Labrynian Rebel) and it was probably a bigger timegap for you than it was for us. I really don't think it was that big of a mistake.

Also, it seems almost impossible to note down every weird thing that the other allies do. I am sure Kyle and Brad didn't remember either as nobody complained about it.
Btw, I am glad Yogalla got rid of that armor, it was very funny hearing him making the creaky noises, but it was a bit weird that e kept running around in it as it gave him some debufs

Kneefoil

What you meant to say is that the outfit has some arcane properties which is why Necator couldn't see it.

Honestly though, don't bother yourself too much with little inconsistencies like that, it's not a big deal. The main point is to have fun anyway, and I don't think anyone could keep track of every little detail or player action that has been made. It's really not that serious.
It's fun to point out inconsistencies when you find them though.

You've genuinely been a really good DM for the most part.

Woo made the community video about my 52 game challenge progress!

Also it's funny people in the YouTube comments that can't accept people could actually be enjoying NMS. Dismissing it as denial and game buying regret, etc. It's the exact thing they talked about in Frame trap where you're only allowed certain "right" opinions.

WhiteWolf

Kinda bummed that they bagged on Dishonored 2 in the EZA podcast. I feel like most games and movies I like either barely get discussed or get trashed when they get brought up on the 2 Easy Allies podcasts.

Lexad

Woo made the community video about my 52 game challenge progress!

Also it's funny people in the YouTube comments that can't accept people could actually be enjoying NMS. Dismissing it as denial and game buying regret, etc. It's the exact thing they talked about in Frame trap where you're only allowed certain "right" opinions.

Eh I think it goes both ways. There have been more than a few people who couldn't accept that I didn't like NMS.

He said Ni Oh was whitewashing its protagonist, like The Last Samurai

Is it considered white washing if the role of the protagonist was never originally meant to be Japanese? Plus I assume plenty of people have already explained the Last Samurai situation.

Anyway, which video was it?

UrbanRats

someone tell ian that the main character in nioh is a real guy

Hardly the best justification, honestly.
Many whitewashed movies for example are based or inspired on real white people "abroad", or have similar reasoning.
It's not like Japanese games are lacking Japanese representation though, so it's a bit different from what Hollywood is doing.

Also saying that everything else in the game is super Japanese, when you have giant double edged axes, you'd see only in Western fantasy, is a bit of a stretch.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Kinda bummed that they bagged on Dishonored 2 in the EZA podcast. I feel like most games and movies I like either barely get discussed or get trashed when they get brought up on the 2 Easy Allies podcasts.

For whatever reason media seems to be pretty down on that game for whatever reason. I'm hoping it reviews well as I really liked the first one.

UrbanRats

what movies are you thinking of? Because aside from a couple of mentions from Huber, and Kingsglaive, they haven't really mentioned anything.

Karu

For whatever reason media seems to be pretty down on that game for whatever reason. I'm hoping it reviews well as I really liked the first one.

i have no interest in the franchise whatsoever although liking my few hours with the first one, but I think the E3-demo killed what little buzz there might have been. Was it liked by fans? Sure, i dunno, but for the majority, especially compared to Fallout's presentation a year prior, that felt pretty much flat. Maybe I am wrong, is there much hype aside from "the media" not liking it

ArjanN

Bosman's Tetris play is kinda frustrating the last couple of Bosman V. Wozniaks. It seems he's kind of plateau'd and is just waiting to get lucky with the RNG, but there's still room to actually improve.

He should probably keep going for Tetrises slightly longer, just one more tetris at a high level would have put him over 400K several times already.

I also think also psyching himself out too much with the square blocks, just because sometimes there's no good place for them doesn't mean you have to put in the worst place.

UrbanRats

Also regarding Dishonored 2, I'm exactly like Damiani with first person games.
I can't enjoy them as much and I easily get motion sickness with them.

I own Dishonored 1, but never got to play past the tutorial for that very reason.

MrMette

Bosman's Tetris play is kinda frustrating the last couple of Bosman V. Wozniaks. It seems he's kind of plateau'd and is just waiting to get lucky with the RNG, but there's still room to actually improve.

He should probably keep going for Tetrises slightly longer, just one more tetris at a high level would have put him over 400K several times already.

I also think also psyching himself out too much with the square blocks, just because sometimes there's no good place for them doesn't mean you have to put in the worst place.

You can also just keep a space for the square blocks (or boxes as he calls them). I don't remeber getting to the scores he does when I played it years ago, but I do remember trying to keep a big enough space for those blocks, no matter what.

But all in all, I think he does a great job with the series and I enjoy it still. I don't want to backseat play the game, but I never really flipped out that much over the square blocks either.

It is just the way he plays which isn't compatible with them. So he can either hope he gets lucky or adapt his playstyle to accommodate them imo.

But like I said, I don't remember my high scores (it has been a lot of years since I have played), but it was more like 250k to 300k instead of +- 400k, so maybe I don't have the right to comment on this :).
I also wasn't nearly this consistent with my higher scores.

edit:
I also have to admit I did watch BvW with 1 eye the last few weeks (or at least parts of it) while playing RimWorld (which is great btw, it is early access done right), so maybe he does try to do this the last few episodes and I am not aware.

ArjanN

You can also just keep a space for the square blocks (or boxes as he calls them). I don't remeber getting to the scores he does when I played it years ago, but I do remember trying to keep a big enough space for those blocks, no matter what.

But all in all, I think he does a great job with the series and I enjoy it still. I don't want to backseat play the game, but I never really flipped out that much over the square blocks either.

It is just the way he plays which isn't compatible with them. So he can either hope he gets lucky or adapt his playstyle to accommodate them imo.

But like I said, I don't remember my high scores (it has been a lot of years since I have played), but it was more like 250k to 300k instead of +- 400k, so maybe I don't have the right to comment on this :).
I also wasn't nearly this consistent with my higher scores.

edit:
I also have to admit I did watch BvW with 1 eye the last few weeks (or at least parts of it) while playing a game like RimWorld (which is great btw), so maybe he does try to do this the last few episodes and I am not aware.

I enjoy the series, but it's just something I noticed the last couple of times.

I usually score lower too but that's more due to execution errors, Bosman's execution is quite good so I think improvement would have to come more from adapting his strategy slightly.

MrMette

I enjoy the series, but it's just something I noticed the last couple of times.

I usually score lower too but that's more due to execution errors, Bosman's execution is quite good so I think improvement would have to come more from adapting his strategy slightly.

Yeah, I agree. The problem is that he plays that game for so long with his own strategy, so it is difficult to change it.

I am sure he can get over 400k with his strategy (I haven't seen the last episode yet, so I don't know if he did) and I know he did go over it before (not on stream), so it certainly isn't a bad strategy. But he needs to find a way to deal with all pieces (although it is possible leaving a place for a square prevents you from getting really high scores as it will make getting a tetris more difficult).

Catching up on the last half of BvW from last night, so glad I did. This Madonna talk near the end is hilarious

Oh man megaton, starting 1 hour earlier next week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom