• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
You expected Sony to show of their newest console by showing what Shadow of Mordor looks like in 4k?
Showing old games and future games and announce it at $399 and released this fall? Of course

I didn't expect new game announcements or anything like that. The only surprises to me was not showing off VR benefit but that could be hard to contextualize and no UHD player. But I don't have a 4K tv so the second one doesn't affect me.

Showing old games and future games and announce it at $399 and released this fall? Of course

I didn't expect new game announcements or anything like that. The only surprises to me was not showing off VR benefit but that could be hard to contextualize and no UHD player. But I don't have a 4K tv so the second one doesn't affect me.

I didn't expect new game announcements either, what i expected to be blown away by the Pro and have a valid excuse for this thing to exist and for me to upgrade.
Instead of showing Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank or The Order, the best looking games of the gen like, look like on Pro we got 2 games that are available on last gen consoles. What wasn't shown speaks volumes about who's on board with this venture.

wiibomb

I didn't expect new game announcements either, what i expected to be blown away by the Pro and have a valid excuse for this thing to exist and for me to upgrade.
Instead of showing Witcher 3, Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank or The Order, the best looking games of the gen like, look like on Pro we got 2 games that are available on last gen consoles. What wasn't shown speaks volumes about who's on board with this venture.

times have really changed, back then in the 2000s we would be angry all day when a company announced a system in a same gen that segregates the userbase. Those were the times when people got pissed at the DSi because it had a better processor and could "potentially" run games that the DS would not.

I'm instead happy I don't even need to have a new system, that I can perfectly keep my same ol' PS4 and it will run the games good, no need to buy another console midgen.

I think I'm more happy because of that, I think the conference was ok, not brilliant, not bad, they showed what they wanted to show and nothing out of the extraordinary, not a new gen and no new games. I expect some announcements at TGS, though, because that conference is dedicated to games, not a new "system"

farisr

Sorry guys I haven't been keeping up, but have they mentioned anything about watching the TGS conference at all? I know it's like an hour after the group stream is scheduled to finish on Tuesday so thought that maybe some of them may stick around for it.

Sorry guys I haven't been keeping up, but have they mentioned anything about watching the TGS conference at all? I know it's like an hour after the group stream is scheduled to finish on Tuesday so thought that maybe some of them may stick around for it.
I thought they said they are planning to stream it (but I could be wrong)

Ben, Kyle, and Brad did last time so I imagine a similar crew would do so this time (probably Damiani as well)

farisr

I thought they said they are planning to stream it (but I could be wrong)
They may have said it, but as I said, I haven't been keeping up. You'd probably know better than I would. Still catching up on their regular videos, haven't seen a Tuesday group stream in ages.

"Hey Kyle, you really need to give this game a chance or not talk right now"

I love Ben Moore <3

At the end of the Sony conference video/stream Brandon said they will soon announce their TGS plans for next week, but they will definitely be doing something for it. Although it's like 12 midnight their time so who knows what it will be or who will be involved.

farisr

At the end of the Sony conference video/stream Brandon said they will soon announce their TGS plans for next week, but they will definitely be doing something for it. Although it's like 12 midnight their time so who knows what it will be or who will be involved.
LOL, I have the video paused right now basically at the conference end point and was going to continue watching the post discussion after, should've waited until I finished the whole thing before asking.

Burt

Ian was the only person who watched Stranger Things and didn't think "HOW DO THOSE PARENTS NOT KNOW THERE IS A STRANGE CHILD LIVING IN THEIR BASEMENT?!?"

Ian was the only person who watched Stranger Things and didn't think "HOW DO THOSE PARENTS NOT KNOW THERE IS A STRANGE CHILD LIVING IN THEIR BASEMENT?!?"

Because they were terrible parents. The elder daughter had guys sneaking in her room at night and the toddler daughter ran off in house that looked like a crack den.

..but Ian's parents weren't.

Karu

I'm gonna watch the VOD for the sony stream but did any of them mention the mario news at Apple?
Damiani brought it up, that_s how I learned about it in disbelief haha.

Also... that was a big WHOOPS in regard to my anticipated Hype Intro lol.

Kinda Funny Games btw slayed Sony for their Meeting, a nice watch.

They recorded a two-hour podcast before the conference? Oh God. I know they have their schedules, but I feel like they need to be a little more flexible in the future with these things. I'm sure most Patreons would understand if they'd put it up a day later, if it included a post-conference discussion.

Because they were terrible parents. The elder daughter had guys sneaking in her room at night and the toddler daughter ran off in house that looked like a crack den.

..but Ian's parents weren't.

They really hit you over the head with the father's character.

Hasney

They have a post discussion after the stream. Same as other outlets that record their podcast on a Tuesday, it was recorded on Tuesday as planned. I don't know anywhere that delayed theirs?

Auctopus

Car crash? That meeting was exactly what I expected it would be.

Thank you. I said multiple times in this thread before the event that people were getting too hyped and expecting this to be E3 Part 2. Red Dead reveal, seriously?

It was called a meeting and there was only investors there. Cerny and House just had to explain to them why the PS4 Pro was going to work financially and how the price points are effective. The people in the audience do not give a fuck what games are shown.

The only reason more games were shown at the PS Meeting to reveal PS4 was because it was a whole new generation.

The meeting was perfectly fine.

It's a pretty solid pick. I can't wait for random Part 3+ references during Allies content.

I don't know if you count Stardust Crusaders as Part 3 or not but Bosman and a few others have been doing the "Oh my GAWWWWD" thing for months.

Hasney

I love Cerny, I'd listen to him talk to me before I go to bed. He has just a soothing voice even when talking about technical details.

It was what I expected, the HDR comparisons were hilarious at home though. "here's a standard scene. Here it is in HDR!" and it doesn't change over the stream. Still, I heard impressions from people that were there and they were impressed.

Podcast stuff: Ian: "Because Huber loves things and we're all dead inside".

Huber was right.

skitter
Pronunciation: /&#712;sk&#618;t&#601;/
(also skeeter /&#712;ski&#720;t&#601;/)
VERB

1 [NO OBJECT, WITH ADVERBIAL OF DIRECTION] Move lightly and quickly or hurriedly:

Annoys me when Ian feels the need to chastise others for using a word that he himself doesn't know.

Karu

I have to write another defense for Watch_Dogs, the hate that game gets is ridiclious.

Best 8$-value game on the market.

*straight face*

Edit: And if you think W_D2 will flop - and here I am dead serious - you will be in for a surprise.

Hasney

Fuck Watch_Dogs and the worst written cast of characters ever. WD2's doesn't look much better, but at least the gameplay looks interesting this time.

Karu

Fuck Watch_Dogs and the worst written cast of characters ever. WD2's doesn't look much better, but at least the gameplay looks interesting this time.
Nah, great protagonist lol Fits that ridiclious over the top power fantasy game perfectly. Just fuckin' around is so much fun.

Edit: @IanHinck - This week's Easy Update is three hours long.

Probably Ian staring into the abyss for three hours or something, heh.

Witcher 3 has a marketing deal with Microsoft, so I doubt they would've been able to show it. I would've shown Bloodborne and R&C but I don't think it's a big deal they weren't (and that's IF they're patched, I'm still salty R&C ToD never got a trophy patch last gen). And I doubt Sony's ever going to mention The Order again. It's dead, Jim.

I don't think Sony were that interested in showing every single game that'll be PS4P functionality, they just wanted to show off some of the cooler features (HDR, down sampling, etc), that old games can be patched and a bunch of games that're coming out over the next few months alongside it.

Personally, I was hoping for some game announcements but unlike everyone in the hype threads, I always try to keep my expectations low, so I ended up thinking it was a decent enough show. The thing I wanted most from a technical perspective was down sampling and I got it, so I'm happy with that, but otherwise it was just a hardware announcement show and that's fine.

Anywho, this week's EZA Podcast was great. I got the Holiday lineup discussion I wanted and it was a lot of fun. It's a pity we can't get something similar with some of the other Allies but it's not the biggest deal.

Roubjon

Podcast registered before the PSmeeting. Almost makes me feel like skipping it.
It'll be frustrating to go through it.

They don't talk about PlayStation at all. It's really good actually, like usual. I'm happy about it too because I love it when they aren't talking about big news but instead are talking about future releases or playing these silly conversation games.

UrbanRats

They don't talk about PlayStation at all. It's really good actually, like usual. I'm happy about it too because I love it when they aren't talking about big news but instead are talking about future releases or playing these silly conversation games.
Oh yeah of course I'll watch it.
I was honestly afraid they'd have a "PS meeting hopes and dreams" segment.
Glad to hear it ain't there.

we're doing it. Added to the schedule last night.

Ray Down

Banned
Watch Dogs won't fail, it will easily be the 3rd best selling console game this holiday behind Battlefield and Call of Duty, Damiani is insane for thinking it will bomb.

Burt

Watch Dogs won't fail, it will easily be the 3rd best selling console game this holiday behind Battlefield and Call of Duty, Damiani is insane for thinking it will bomb.

If it gets, say, Just Cause 3-style reviews, I could definitely see it not doing well enough to warrant a sequel. But, if Ubisoft does one thing well it's iteration, so now that they have an extra half dozen or so similar games under their belt this gen, I doubt there's going to be much wrong with the game. Whether or not we've reach Ubisoft open world fatigue is up for debate though.

Hasney

I only really follow the PAL charts and as long as Ubi get behind it, it will do well.

I still maintain the new Deus Ex would have done alright if they actually bothered to fucking advertise. Even the F1 game ended up doing better than it.

These guys need to start recording a day later or something. The amount of stuff that happens the day after they record is getting ridiculous, now lol

wiibomb

These guys need to start recording a day later or something. The amount of stuff that happens the day after they record is getting ridiculous, now lol

I don't think that will solve it. Nobody says hot news won't come out on Thursdays (assuming a wednesday podcast recording). This is a problem of any podcast, they will miss out the news after it is recorded

Yeah, I'm about 20 minutes in now.

RIP Gold Boy ;_;

Also, do I remember wrong or wasn't Ian's character also supposed to take out the hearts of the people she kills? I don't think Ian did that.

Also Necator already searched the captain's quarters for clothes and didn't find anything useful.

But it's forgivable Ben because you haven't killed Moof off

Also Necator already searched the captain's quarters for clothes and didn't find anything useful.

Yeah...this is bad. I just forgot. It's part of the problem of only shooting once a month. However, that's really not a great excuse. I need to take notes for such things, which can be very hard to do in the middle of session, but regardless it's still worth trying.

RedSnake

Watching TTE episode 23 right now.

I'm at
"grapple to behind position and suplex"
. amazing!
I keep rewinding it just to watch everyone's faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom