• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karu

Jones has got a Cup of Jones up. Wonder if he's slept tonight yet?
One hour 30 minutes. My gawd...

Bought Gravity Rush, currently playing the very first Dragon Quest on my phone while waiting for the VII remake to release and also put MGSV on my download backlog. Whoops.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Benkle gon walk into one of those maid cafes like

benandian.gif

I'm going to need a source for this.

Nbz

Started yelling at my computer when this came up. I've wanted it for so long, please deliver this year EZA

YES!

I've always wondered why no other outlet did what Giant Bomb does and give people a behind the scenes look at how GOTY is decided. So much more interesting than the actual winners for me

Karu

YES!

I've always wondered why no other outlet did what Giant Bomb does and give people a behind the scenes look at how GOTY is decided. So much more interesting than the actual winners for me
One thing that is required for a Cast like GiantBomb's to work is the childish stubbornes to take GOTY as seriously as possible, while secretly everybody knows it's kinda irrelevant. And you get to sell that, so your list/discussion has stakes. Easy Allies definitely would fit that describtion. Another vote for discussion! While... I also kinda super duber would miss their editited videos...

Hasney

One thing that is required for a Cast like GiantBomb's to work is the childish stubbornes to take GOTY as seriously as possible, while secretly everybody knows it's kinda irrelevant. And you get to sell that, so your list/discussion has stakes. Easy Allies definitely would fit that describtion. Another vote for discussion! While... I also kinda super duber would miss their editited videos...

They didn't write off other videos. They said it's the first ever EZA GOTY spectacular so they can work out what they want to do.

Karu

They didn't write off other videos. They said it's the first ever EZA GOTY spectacular so they can work out what they want to do.
Oh yeah, right. I just assumed knee-jerky that that would fall to the side as it would be double the work. Considering that Brandon probably loves those trailer-like videos to much and gives them possible attention, you're probably 100% right in that they could/would/should do both.

Auctopus

Oh god, not the discussion debate again.

I really don't wanna see it. Blood said in the past that it is hours along and can devolve into just a screaming match. As much as I love discourse in shows like Frame Trap, I'd rather not watch Huber squirm for half an hour trying to decide between Bloodborne and Witcher 3 and the Allies just created a video where they declare the winner of each category and succinctly explain why it won.

Though having the deciding vote last year which lead to Bloodborne winning, I'll mention that Huber after Blood & Wine's release, tweeted that Witcher 3 was the true GOTY.

Well we already heard one amazing story from last year, where Ian took notes of the Witcher 3 talking points and then ran through them one by one. That's some next level GOTY discussion.

As much as I'd like to listen/watch the GOTY discussions, I'm not sure I like the idea of streaming them live because assuming they do the edited videos as well, those are going to take some time and it'll take the oomph out of them. Recording the discussions and then putting them up alongside the videos is a better idea IMO.

I wonder if they'll do anything with the new Pokemon Generations shorts that've just been announced. One idea that comes to mind is maybe just tacking on a little group watching segment to the end of each group stream?

Karu

I really don't wanna see it. Blood said in the past that it is hours along and can devolve into just a screaming match. As much as I love discourse in shows like Frame Trap, I'd rather not watch Huber squirm for half an hour trying to decide between Bloodborne and Witcher 3 and the Allies just created a video where they declare the winner of each category and succinctly explain why it won.

Though having the deciding vote last year which lead to Bloodborne winning, I'll mention that Huber after Blood & Wine's release, tweeted that Witcher 3 was the true GOTY.
Then don't? There would clearly be demand for it. As you said, this debate didn't come up the first time.

+1 Not Live though.

UrbanRats

How about you skip it, and watch the results, while those of us interested, get to watch it? The debate for GOTY was great on Giant Bomb, i'm sure i'td be fun with EZA, too.

How about you skip it, and watch the results, while those of us interested, get to watch it? The debate for GOTY was great on Giant Bomb, i'm sure i'td be fun with EZA, too.
+1

GOTY deliberations are all about humans being systematically broken down in a small room for hours and hours. It's the only way. It must be documented

Loved the duel. I wish the second match Jones picked License to Kill like he intended. Picked the wrong mode. Still fun stuff because they really were working for the prize!

Aw, man. I feel so bad for Huber. A few weeks ago (on one of the podcasts), he said his dream was to witness Vin Scully call a World Series game. It was just announced today that Scully, who is retiring after over 50 years of calling baseball games (back when the Dodgers were from New York), will retire at the conclusion of the regular season, regardless if the Dodgers make it to the postseason (which seems likely) or not. He was so passionate about that dream, too. Such a shame, especially when they have a good team this year.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17541761/vin-scully-says-call-los-angeles-dodgers-playoff-games

Just wanted to say that as much as I like a little salt and a spiced up conversation here and there to keep things lively, the return of Damiani brought back the trolling in full force (together with game sleuth, thank god for that).

In my opinion it's 2012 content and it gets old pretty fast. It's something that gets them and the audience invested in the short term, but it's just a substitute for something better, ie irony or wit. It's like junk food that ruins your appetite for a good meal.

Now that I think about it I even remember Huber saying that he consciously decided to tone down the troll and try to express himself differently, and I totally second that.

Love and respect

ito007

Aw, man. I feel so bad for Huber. A few weeks ago (on one of the podcasts), he said his dream was to witness Vin Scully call a World Series game. It was just announced today that Scully, who is retiring after over 50 years of calling baseball games (back when the Dodgers were from New York), will retire at the conclusion of the regular season, regardless if the Dodgers make it to the postseason (which seems likely) or not. He was so passionate about that dream, too. Such a shame, especially when they have a good team this year.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/17541761/vin-scully-says-call-los-angeles-dodgers-playoff-games
Part of me wants to believe that if they make it to the World Series then Vin Scully would return for one more game

I can't say that I'm still bitter about the way Defy handled GameTrailers, because EZA turned out really well for the team.

But man, reading headlines and articles like this:

Defy Media has raised $70 million because YouTubers love Smosh and investors love video

Earlier this year, Refinery29 raised $45 million in a round led by Time Warner’s Turner networks. Now video publisher Defy Media has raised $70 million in a round led by Wellington Management.

The company says it generates 800 million video views a month and has 65 million YouTube subscribers. Now it is trying to branch out of YouTube into other digital video properties — and, like many other digital media companies, it has its eyes on traditional TV deals, as well.

The Information previously reported that Defy had raised $30 million. Defy says a portion of the $70 million includes secondary sales, but says that the majority of the round will go the company itself.

http://www.recode.net/2016/9/13/12897482/defy-media-smosh-70-million-wellington

I realize that GT was a tiny fish compared to Smosh, but the way Defy unceremoniously dumped them still annoys me. And they didn't necessarily do it because Defy had to tighten their belts.

The most positive aspect of this is that Easy Allies is one of the most successful Patreon campaigns ever, in a market that is absolutely brutal, with a ton of competition and perhaps even saturated, while still offering high quality content when possible. I'm not happy that Defy fired them like that, but I'm glad about the way the whole story turned out.

EZA is still very, very young, even though March 2016 seems like ages ago. I hope they can continue to do well and grow over the next 18 months, while offering more produced content.

日本へようこそベンくん
Welcome to Japan, Ben-kun. Looking forward to seeing stuff from TGS thru Ben.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
While I get the need for the Allies to hand off the controller during streams, it can often be pretty shit if the person clearly isn't into it/is incapable of reading on-screen prompts and holds onto it for the longest.

Karu

Gravity Rush isn't a long game, especially if you just do the main story.
Bought and finished. I liked it a lot. Floating et al. is really fun albeit being super clunky at times bordering on annoying. The world, tone and characters make up for that in part. I just dig the whole vibe the game has.

So... I know GR2 will probably bomb supern hard, but I thought it launched in December at least. Nope. 30th November. Final Fantasy XV date. Damn. Still on my wishlist and will probably buy it. The extended scope of the world in regards to detail and such on PS4's really looking great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom