• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexad

I personally think TTA is still the stronger of the two

I agree, though I think TTE will surpass it if the party can for once stay together. We have spent 2/3 of TTE with a separated party and the story slows down a little because of it.

I personally think TTA is still the stronger of the two

I disagree. TTA has some great high moments but its got a ton of growing pains early, and a ton of absurdity late

TTE has been much better to me. The players are much better at Roleplaying, Ben has really improved as a DM and his ability to pivot and improv has is crazy good

Plus the world, setting and motivations is much more refined and layed out. TTA is great and its fun to watch it evolve. And of course watching Elyse do her thing is excellent

But put me in the TTE > TTA camp

UrbanRats

I disagree. TTA has some great high moments but its got a ton of growing pains early, and a ton of absurdity late

TTE has been much better to me. The players are much better at Roleplaying, Ben has really improved as a DM and his ability to pivot and improv has is crazy good

Plus the world, setting and motivations is much more refined and layed out. TTA is great and its fun to watch it evolve. And of course watching Elyse do her thing is excellent

But put me in the TTE > TTA camp

100% agree.
Still well worth watching TTA, though.

sora87

I totally prefer the TTA characters so that's a big deal for me.
We'll see though, still early days really for TTE given how slow the storie's progressed.

Karu

Class till 4pm (which is the start of the presentation over here), so have to hurry home and maybe watch pre-show after...or I catch up asynchronous, but then I will have to avoid Gaf and co. Decisions, decisions.

While it will be a shame if it doesn't sell well, I'm not sure if it matters that much to the fans. Team Ico is dissolved and I seriously doubt there's a TLG sequel hanging in the balance.

genDESIGN IS Team Ico and I'd like to see TLG do well so Sony continue working with them.

Though I'm guessing TLG will sell fine but people will insist it bombed no matter what. "It was in development for ten years!!!!1!1" and such, even though it wasn't in active (let alone full) production for all that time and Shu's already said the budget wasn't that big.

Edit: You're in Japan, Karu? It starts at 7PM here, which is a nice convenient time.

Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure it's Kyle, Damiani, Huber, Brandon, and Myself
It will be early in the morning at work for me. I hope I can snuck a tab in my browser and listen to you guys talk over it while I punch php code and answer emails. Thanks for keep me company, allies!

Edit: btw, I got up the night for a bathroom visit, remebered asbout tgs, checked the thread, now I can crash again. 'Night everybody ;)

Is TTA as good as TTE? Never watch it.

IMO Elyse was he best from TTA, she was so funny and could really make Ben squirm with some of the stuff she chose to do and there's no one really like that in the current setup....but TTE is a lot more about RP'ing an adventure than battles compared to TTA and I like that a lot more overall.
I don't fully understand the battle mechanics of D&D, I get really confused the longer they go.

IMO Elyse was he best from TTA, she was so funny and could really make Ben squirm with some of the stuff she chose to do and there's no one really like that in the current setup....but TTE is a lot more about RP'ing an adventure than battles compared to TTA and I like that a lot more overall.
I don't fully understand the battle mechanics of D&D, I get really confused the longer they go.

Yes, Elyse is a DnD genius. She's doing some fantastic character work on her new DnD show at Funhaus as Grimo Rudefellow of the Jire.

BBboy20

Lol wtf was going on
japanese-flag-waving-gif-animation-18.gif

I know I've said this before at some point but I really do love these guys. So genuine and excitable, it's infectious. This conference would be super boring without them reacting so I appreciate them all staying up so late.

I'll catch up on the stream later. Need to sleep. But 2300 people watching them now is pretty awesome since it's so late for most of US. And the highest twitch stream covering TGS

How long's Gravity Rush to beat?

Also: What the fucking hell is going on with February 2017?

Gravity Rush isn't a long game, especially if you just do the main story.

About TGS: I was laughing at the start of the thing but I was right there with Huber when they did the REmake 2 fakeout. I honestly thought for a second we would get something and I'm not easily tricked by stuff like this, especially Capcom.

Wasn't the bet that The Last Guardian would be out before Final Fantasy? Not that The Last Guardian will be delayed or not?

Damiani hasn't won yet.

I can already imagine Tabata in October going to Sony like:

''You know those XV Slims you produced and are about to ship? Can you like, hold on to them until March?''

Watching bits and pieces of the conference again, I feel bad for the translators running through everything on-the-fly every year. It's insane. I don't get why Sony doesn't just do a Japanese only stream live and then release a subbed version however many hours later. At least then they could translate the Japanese title names properly.

Edit: Words can't express how much I loved that RE2make troll. In hindsight it's probably not as good as Square Enix's FFVII one because we already know RE2make is happening but still, it got me good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom