• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
That is honestly the most impressive thing about his tetris streams, I can't fathom how he's able to read and take questions so continuously while he plays. Reading the chat and simply watching the stream is disorienting enough at times lol

What's really interesting is how sometimes he seems to be at his best when he's off talking about random shit.

Mista Koo

So they were struggling with game choices for the group stream they decided to not play games! /s

It seems like they read luchadork's suggestion. I don't like this hall of greats idea for a few reasons:
  • A great game isn't necessarily a great group stream game. I doubt they are taking that into account when selecting the games.
  • I don't want to see the same games repeat on group streams. Out of things they already streamed the only thing I'd definitely watch again is Hitman just because it's an emergent behavior kinda game.
  • It would kill the poll to have a game with an ally name next to it. I'd suggest pitting the allies' games against each other but that would just make it a popularity contest between the allies.

Karu

So they were struggling with game choices for the group stream they decided to not play games! /s

It seems like they read luchadork's suggestion. I don't like this hall of greats idea for a few reasons:
  • A great game isn't necessarily a great group stream game. I doubt they are taking that into account when selecting the games.
  • I don't want to see the same games repeat on group streams. Out of things they already streamed the only thing I'd definitely watch again is Hitman just because it's an emergent behavior kinda game.
  • It would kill the poll to have a game with an ally name next to it. I'd suggest pitting the allies' games against each other but that would just make it a popularity contest between the allies.
Uhm, I'm not sure what you mean. Hall of the Greats will just be a discussion. Has nothing to do with streaming said game... which your first sentences implies you understand. But then your first and second point contradict that. Please explain! :D

abrack08

I think maybe you misunderstood what the stream is going to be? It says they're each going to pick a game and have a discussion of whether or not it's One of the Greats, it doesn't say they're going to be playing the games. Everyone gives an argument for their game and then they all vote to see which game is inducted.

Karu

Aside from that I still think it will be a bummer if they make arguments for the usual candidates - but than again, why wouldn't they if they want to be honest and true to their own favs? (OoT, SMetroid etc.) Still voted for it, because weird choice, always best choice.

Mista Koo

Uhm, I'm not sure what you mean. Hall of the Greats will just be a discussion. Has nothing to do with streaming said game... which your first sentences implies you understand. But then your first and second point contradict that. Please explain! :D
I think maybe you misunderstood what the stream is going to be? It says they're each going to pick a game and have a discussion of whether or not it's One of the Greats, it doesn't say they're going to be playing the games. Everyone gives an argument for their game and then they all vote to see which game is inducted.
That sorta makes sense. This part wasn't particularly clear:
If the Hall of Greats induction goes well, it'll be something we put up for vote every four months. If it doesn't win the vote, no big whoop, we just move on.
Vote in a group stream context has an established meaning.

Anyway I still don't like the idea of that taking place of a group stream.

Auctopus

I don't really know what to think of this HotG group stream setup. I just hope they pick contentious games and not stuff like SM64, Dark Souls, PGR2 Etc.

Either way, I'd rather just have a group stream - regardless of what they wanted to play.

Dmax3901

Just for fun, my guesses for HotG picks:

Ian: Bloodborne
Blood: Witcher 3
Jones: RDR (GTA 3?)
Brad: Kingdom Hearts
Huber: Resident Evil (2?)
Kyle: Pokemon Red/Blue
Damiani: Zelda: LTTP (boy that discussion will be fun)
Ben: Persona 4

Not sure if Don will be involved and tbh I have no idea what he would pick!

UrbanRats

Just for fun, my guesses for HotG picks:

Ian: Bloodborne
Blood: Witcher 3
Jones: RDR (GTA 3?)
Brad: Kingdom Hearts
Huber: Resident Evil (2?)
Kyle: Pokemon Red/Blue
Damiani: Zelda: LTTP (boy that discussion will be fun)
Ben: Persona 4

Not sure if Don will be involved and tbh I have no idea what he would pick!
Those would be some boring and safe picks.
I would like them to go look for a title that doesn't immediately come to mind, tbh.

Philippo

Ben did you really start Gintama?
That makes me so happy, and if nobody told you this before, please hold onto at least Episode 25, that's when the quality of the show starts ramping up a lot!

UrbanRats

I mean... It's their picks for Hall of the Greats, why would they pick games just to be kooky or out of left field?

To make for a more interesting discussion to actually watch.
They produce video content, not an actual hall of fame. :p

I think everyone and their mother knows why Ian loves BB or Blood loves Witcher.

PepperedHam

That sorta makes sense. This part wasn't particularly clear:

Vote in a group stream context has an established meaning.

Anyway I still don't like the idea of that taking place of a group stream.

They mean that if this is successful then every four months they will do a Hall of the Greats stream again.

And I'm looking forward to it. They'll be playing video games every week for the foreseeable future so doing something different every now and again is cool with me.

Budi

I like this Hall of the greats discussion idea! Is this how we finally get the Witcher 3 discussion? Can't wait! Though 3 minutes discussion seems quite a little for any game trying to achieve such honor as being inducted to the hall.

Edit: Oh just read the patreon post again, it's 10 minutes total. A bit better.

Mista Koo

They mean that if this is successful then every four months they will do a Hall of the Greats stream again.

And I'm looking forward to it. They'll be playing video games every week for the foreseeable future so doing something different every now and again is cool with me.
But this is the only group stream where they play games together. If the discussion doesn't involve the audience I don't see why it should be on that stream.

Yes the dumb games aren't always working but that's because they are dumb not because they are games.

PepperedHam

But this is the only group stream where they play games together. If the discussion doesn't involve the audience I don't see why it should be on that stream.

Yes the dumb games aren't always working but that's because they are dumb not because they are games.
I know it's the only stream where they play games together but as long as EZA is a thing that group stream will always be a thing and I simply don't see the harm in them every now and then streaming an event/discussion like this. Especially if they present it like their past streamed events such as Kyle's Trial and Songs for Brad.

There will be a group video game stream the next week, and the week after that, and the week after that. It's never a bad thing to throw some other stuff into the mix every once and awhile is all I'm saying. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone brings to the table.

Axass

It's a great idea to try out. It's just one group stream out of 52 with no games played, let them try before passing judgement. If the experiment doesn't go well, they can just stop doing it.

I bet Ben cant pick just one game. I think if you do it based on console generation it would work better. Instead of just every game ever.

Nes
Snes/Genesis
PS1/N64/Saturn
Etc

Really cool Brandon got the Horizon review out in time for the review embargo. It's good to know at least with Sony published games EZA will get copies early enough to have timely reviews

And that last shot of the review was so Brandon. Haha

Anyone who's watched the Horizon review able to tell me how spoilerific it is?

It shows a bunch of environments, but not a lot of context around those environments. So if you're very interested in knowing nothing about the types of locales going in, consider avoiding it. Storywise, though, there's very little dialogue.

Anaithsol

Neo Member
I find the concept behind Hall of the Greats absolutely fantastic even if the content itself has the potential to be highly predictable. In fact, I'd love to see it developed into a more in-depth independent series rather than have it tied into a group stream every four months or so.

Nonetheless, I can understand why the allies seem to be more willing to approach the idea on a group stream instead of separately and on a more frequent schedule.

Dineren

Banned
All of Huber's For Honor streaming ended up pushing me to get the game despite telling myself I was going to hold off. I still have to finish Nioh, Horizon and Zelda are coming up, and then Mass Effect. There are too many good games coming out!

Burt

All of Huber's For Honor streaming ended up pushing me to get the game despite telling myself I was going to hold off. I still have to finish Nioh, Horizon and Zelda are coming up, and then Mass Effect. There are too many good games coming out!

You made the right choice.

Waiting for Huber's review, can't wait to see where he's gonna land on it. It's an interesting game because if it's your kind of thing, the core game itself is definitely a solid 4.5. The problem is that it clearly, objectively has enough surrounding issues with the meta grind, disconnects, wonky UI, and microtransaction and DLC prices (along with a bevy of smaller issues) that I would imagine that it'd be hard to not ding it a half star.

The shame of it is that if it did all those things well, you could probably justify bumping that strong 4.5 to a 5. Even just an issue or two less would make it an easy lock for 4.5, but there's just a smidge too much to be ignored.

For Honour is an odd one for me. I was bored after about 6 fights during the Beta, but I absolutely love watching streams of it. The recent tournament was a fantastic watch. I hope they do another one soon.

Mikey Jr.

For Honour is an odd one for me. I was bored after about 6 fights during the Beta, but I absolutely love watching streams of it. The recent tournament was a fantastic watch. I hope they do another one soon.

Same for me. Played a few matches, thought to myself "I get it", then deleted it.

Didn't find the combat engaging at all.

I was interested in For Honor and absolutely sold when I played a round at PSX but the beta just wasn't fun for me.

It's the sort of thing I'd pick up if there weren't any other games but I'm buying like 6 or 7 games in the first 3 months here, and already have Overwatch and Killing Floor 2 for a multiplayer fix.

Granted, I only played 4v4 because I thought that was the mode. Didn't realize duels are where it's at

I basically looked at it like "ok, would I rather play this game than any of the other games coming out in Q1?" I don't think so

I agree though that watching EZA streams of it has been super fun. Makes me tempted to grab it down the line but I'm not in any rush right now

Wiggy

I don't think predictable choices will make it 'one of greats' boring, they all have to agree on two so will make for a good debate narrowing down the picks. Purposely picking odd choices just to be different would weaken the debates I think as they won't be as passionate about the games.

Budi

I don't think predictable choices will make it 'one of greats' boring, they all have to agree on two so will make for a good debate narrowing down the picks. Purposely picking odd choices just to be different would weaken the debates I think as they won't be as passionate about the games.

I really think that there will be pushback if someone would suggest Witcher 3 for example, I think Ian and Brad would go against it atleast. And Witcher 3 is something that's been called predictable here. And for games like Link to the past, there's always Kyle debating the other side :p Also Mario Galaxy is divisive, don't remember which though.

That stream of Kyle and Damiani settling (not really) the debate on a Link to the Past is so fun to watch. Wish Damiani would just do Zelda playthroughs because he's so knowledgeable with the series. Also hoping he's on the podcast(s) this week –– offers a critical outlook that is missing sometimes.

Auctopus

Huber just tweeted that a 24-hour stream is in order, instantly imagined the reactions from the other Allies reading it as described in the last podcast.

abrack08

Ben just posted on the Patreon, Frame Trap is delayed to tomorrow evening. They had camera issues and had to buy a new one (new camera hype!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom